TiVo Roamio DVR
An American company called TiVo Inc. produced its own brand of digital video recorders as its main offering. TiVO was predominantly active in the US, although it also had operations in Western Europe, Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
Welcome! Start Here
Setting up your TiVo® Roamio DVR is easy. Activate the TiVo® service (if you haven’t already). The TiVo service is what makes your TiVo Roamio smart. It includes everything from your program listings to Season Pass® recordings and WishList® searches—all the cool features you’ve heard about.
Some TiVo DVRs are sold with a TiVo service plan. If yours was not, activate the TiVo service at www.tivo.com/activate or call TiVo Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486. You’ll need your 15-digit TiVo Service Number (TSN), found on the label on the back of the Roamio.
Write it here for reference ___________________________.
About TV programming sources
You can receive TV on your TiVo Roamio from a When you finish Guided Setup, you’ll see the TiVo Central ® screen.
This is the starting point for everything you do with your TiVo Roamio. cable provider or from an HDTV antenna. For cable programming, the TiVo Roamio needs one Multi-Stream CableCARDTM decoder (M-CARD), available from your cable company.
You don’t need to wait for your CableCARD decoder. Start connecting your TiVo Roamio now. You can install the CableCARD decoder later. For instructions, see the “Installing a CableCARD” insert that came with your TiVo Roamio. Visit tivo.com/cablecardhelp for more information and step-by-step instructions.
Set up your TiVo Roamio™ in 7 easy steps
Need some help?
For more info on setting up or using your TiVo Roamio, see the Viewer’s Guide available online. tivo.com/howto
Get to know TiVo Roamio™.
TiVo Central When you finish Guided Setup, you’ll see the TiVo Central ® screen. This is the starting point for everything you do with your TiVo Roamio. You can always reach the TiVo Central screen by pressing the TiVo button on your remote control.
My Shows All the shows recorded by your TiVo Roamio, including video podcasts and downloaded shows, appear on the My Shows screen.
Highlight any title in My Shows (even a show that’s still recording) and press PLAY to play the show from the beginning, or to resume playing from where you left off.
Search & Browse Find anything, fast! TiVo Roamio searches program listings for title, keyword, or actor/director name, and gives you results for both broadcast and on-demand shows! Not sure what you want to watch? Browse broadcast and on-demand listings all at the same time.
Video On Demand What you want to watch, when you want to watch it. Just select Find TV, Movies, & Videos for available on-demand options.
Want to learn more?
See the online Viewer’s Guide to find out about all the other cool things you can do with your TiVo Roamio. tivo.com/howto
Music & Photos TiVo Roamio is really an entire digital home entertainment center, with access to your photos, music, and more! From the TiVo Central screen, select Music & Photos.
Save These Safety Instructions.
Before you begin Make sure all your equipment is turned off and the TiVo DVR is unplugged. Your TiVo DVR is only capable of supporting the weight of one or two common A/V components such as VCRs, DVD players, or A/V receivers (provided they have four good, broad, padded feet that distribute of the weight near the corners of the TiVo DVR).
Also, avoid stacking your TiVo DVR on top of other electronic components — such as DVD players, A/V receivers — or the vents of your TV. This product is for use only with listed ITE (Information Technology Equipment).
Safety information This product was designed and manufactured to meet strict quality and safety standards. There are, however, some installation and operation precautions of which you should be particularly aware. Please read these instructions before operating the equipment and save them for future reference.
- Read Instructions — All the safety and operating instructions should be read and understood before the appliance is operated.
- Retain Instructions — The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
- Heed Warnings — All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be followed.
- Follow Instructions — All operating and use instructions should be followed.
- Water and Moisture — The appliance should not be used near water – for example, near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, etc.
- An appliance and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn.
- Tilt/Stability — All televisions must comply with recommended international global safety standards for tilt and stability properties of their cabinet design. Do not compromise these design standards by applying excessive pull force to the front, or top, of the cabinet, which could ultimately overturn the product. Also, do not endanger yourself, or children, by placing electronic equipment/toys on top of the cabinet. Such items could unexpectedly fall from the top of the set and cause product damage and/or personal injury.
- Ventilation — The appliance should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper ventilation. For example, the appliance should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug, or similar surface that may block the ventilation openings; or, placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet that may impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings. Do not block ventilation holes by placing items such as magazines, clothing, etc., on top of the unit.
- Heat — The appliance should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Power Cord Protection — Power supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords and plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the appliance.
- Object and Liquid Entry — Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots, as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short the parts, resulting in the risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on this product.
- Damage Requiring Service — The appliance should be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
- the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed;
- liquid has spilled into the product;
- the product has been exposed to rain or water;
- the product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions (adjust only those controls that are discussed in this guide, as improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage, often requiring extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal performance);
- the product has been dropped or the cabinet damaged;
- the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
- Servicing — The user should not attempt service to the appliance beyond that described in the Troubleshooting section of this guide. All other servicing should be referred to qualified service personnel.
- Cleaning — Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners; use a damp cloth for cleaning. If the product comes in contact with any liquid, unplug the power cord and let the unit dry thoroughly before plugging it back in.
- Power Source — This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label or in this guide. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
- Overloaded Power Outlets — do not overload wall outlets and extension cords, as this can result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Coaxial Cable Grounding — For this product, the coaxial cable shield/screen shall be grounded as close as practical to the point of entry of the cable into the building. For products sold in the US and Canada, this is per Article 800-93 and Article 800-100 of the NEC (or Canadian Electrical Code Part 1), which provides guidelines for proper grounding of the coaxial cable shield.
- Electric Shock — To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product. Take it to a qualified service person when service or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other risks. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock when this product is subsequently used.
- Moving — Avoid moving the unit while it is plugged in to avoid accumulative shock.
- CAUTION — Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
TiVo DVR Limited Warranty
90 Days Free Labor | One Year Parts Exchange
WHO IS COVERED?
You must have proof of purchase to receive warranty service. A sales receipt or other document showing that you purchased the product is considered proof of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED?
Each TiVo DVR is manufactured from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry-standard practices. TiVo warrants that the DVR will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the limited warranty period described herein. The limited warranty coverage begins the day you purchase the product as further described in the following text.
For 90 days from the purchase date, the DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. This exchange is done without charge to you for parts and labor (except applicable taxes, if any). You will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
From 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase, your DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed, or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. You will be responsible for all labor and shipping costs. Contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486 to obtain your cost (labor costs) for exchange.
All products, including replacement products, are covered only for the original warranty period. When the warranty on the original product expires, the warranty on the replacement product also expires. After one year from the date of purchase, you pay for the replacement of all parts, and for all labor and shipping charges.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
Your warranty does not cover:
- ]Labor charges for installation or setup of the product.
- Any taxes imposed on TiVo for units replaced or repaired under this warranty.
- Installation, performance of, or repair of: audio/video cabling, telephone line, or accessory attachments used with the product.
- Product replacement because of damage due to misuse, accident, lightning damage, unauthorized repair, or other cause not within the control of TiVo Inc. Please note that removing the cover of the DVR for any reason voids the warranty.
- Reception transmission problems caused by signal conditions, telephone line, or cable or antenna systems outside the unit.
- Damages to, or viruses that may infect your DVR or other devices arising from the use of unauthorized third party devices in connection with your DVR.
- Incidental or consequential damages resulting from the product. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.)
- A product that has been modified or adapted to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, damaged by these modifications.
- A product used for commercial or institutional purposes.
- Access connections (telephone or broadband), including charges from your communications provider.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP…
Please keep your sales receipt or other document showing proof of purchase. Attach it to this guide and keep both nearby. Also keep the original box and packing material in case you need to return your product.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST WARRANTY SERVICE
Please check the troubleshooting advice found at tivo.com/support before calling Customer Support. Following the troubleshooting tips contained therein may save you a call to Customer Support.
TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE…
If you believe you need service for your DVR, contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486. A representative will go through a diagnostic checklist with you. If it is determined that the product needs to be exchanged, you will receive a return authorization number. The representative will give you complete shipping details.
TO GET OUT-OF-WARRANTY SERVICE…
Out-of-warranty service can be obtained at a nominal cost for replacement and handling. To obtain out-of-warranty service contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486 to obtain the cost of out-of-warranty exchange for your product.
Record the model and service numbers found on the product below:
MODEL # _____________________________________________
SERVICE # ____________________________________________
All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
You may have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction). TIVO’S RESPONSI-BILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN DVRS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE DVR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND ALL CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD.
Some states (or jurisdictions) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. TIVO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
AOL is a registered trademark of AOL Inc. Cable CARD is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. Hulu and Hulu Plus are trademarks of Hulu, LLC. iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. MoCA is a registered trademark of Multimedia over Coax Alliance in the U.S. and other countries. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. This product contains open source software.
Notices and licenses are provided in a system information screen and at tivo.com/linux, and are incorporated herein by reference. For open source software included in this product in executable form, if required by the applicable open source license, you may obtain a copy of the corresponding source code at any time during the period required by sending a money order or check for US$10 to:
TiVo Inc., 2160 Gold Street, San Jose, CA 95002, attn: Legal Department. TiVo also makes source code available at tivo.com/linux.
FCC statement to the user
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. End users must follow the specific operating instructions for satisfying RF exposure compliance. To maintain compliance with FCC RF exposure compliance requirements, please follow operation instructions as documented in this manual.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body. The availability of some specific channels and/or operational frequency bands are country dependent and are firmware programmed at the factory to match the intended destination. The firmware setting is not accessible by the end user.
Model numbers: TCD846500 (Roamio), TCD848000 (Roamio Plus); TCD840300 (Roamio Pro); RC30A00, RC30B00 (Remote) FCC IDs: TGN-TCD8465 (Roamio), TGN-TCD8400 (Roamio Plus/Pro), TGN-RC30 (Remote)
Askey International Corporation
800 Corporate Way, Suite B
Fremont, CA 94538
Model numbers: WLU5054 (Roamio), WLU5200 (Roamio Plus/Pro)
FCC IDs: H8N-WLU5054 (Roamio), H8N-WLU5200 (Roamio Plus/Pro)
FAQs TiVo Roamio DVR User Manual
Is TiVo a DVR that I can use without the service?
The updated TV guide information, the ability to record shows, updates to the user interface, features like OnePass, SkipMode, QuickMode, Multi-Room Streaming/Viewing with our TiVo Mini, and the ability to stream recorded shows using other devices like tablets and mobile devices all require a service plan.
Can I use TiVo as a DVR without the service?
A service plan is necessary to access the updated TV guide information, the capacity to record shows, interface updates, features like OnePass, SkipMode, QuickMode, Multi-Room Streaming/Viewing with our TiVo Mini, and the capacity to stream recorded shows using other devices like tablets and mobile devices.
With a TiVo unit, is Netflix free?
You can watch Netflix movies and TV shows directly on your TiVo box after activating your TiVo box on your Netflix account! No Netflix membership? No issue. Get a free month of Netflix!
How much recording time does a TiVo have?
Six TV tuners on a TiVo DVR allow it to record up to six shows simultaneously and store either 1000 hours of standard definition content or 150 hours of HD content.
Can I record two shows at once?
Yes. You can record two shows concurrently while watching one that has already been recorded and is already saved on your DVR playlist, or you can watch one programme while recording another.
How long do TiVo recordings last?
There are around 45 hours of recordings. To Do: 20 hours. 20 hours indicates erasure in 3 days or 24 hours.
TiVo Roamio is able to record live TV?
Do you mostly rely on online services or over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts for your television programming? Roamio is the app for you then. The newest set-top box from Tivo, the Roamio, can stream content from websites like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon as well as record programmes using an OTA digital antenna.
Does TiVo offer Netflix access?
Your TiVo remote’s Home button should be pressed. Choose Games & Apps. Choose TV and movies. Decide on Netflix.
Why did TiVo fail?
Among the product’s shortcomings: TiVo rarely promoted itself; when it did market itself, it did so poorly; it didn’t licence its technology for wider appeal; and it didn’t foresee the changeover to streaming media. I’ll TiVo it, a product that had the potential to change the world, as a result, fell extinct almost immediately.
How reliable is TiVo?
The TiVo Stream 4K has considerable appeal strictly as a cheap 4K HDR streamer running Android TV, especially at its $50 launch price. Compared to Xiaomi’s Mi Box S, it offers a more smoother experience, and it is less Sling-focused than the AirTV Mini. It also supports Dolby Vision HDR, in contrast to those devices.
Pdf – TiVo Roamio DVR User Manual
For More Post Visit: ManualsDock