TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player
An American company called TiVo Inc. produced its own brand of digital video recorders as its main offering. TiVO was predominantly active in the US, although it also had operations in Western Europe, Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
Welcome! Start Here
Setting up your TiVo RoamioPlus/Pro DVR is easy. Activate the TiVo® service (if you haven’t already). The TiVo service is what makes your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro smart. It includes everything from your program listings to Season Pass® recordings and WishList® searches—all the cool features you’ve heard about. Some TiVo DVRs are sold with a TiVo service plan. If yours was not, activate the TiVo service at www.tivo.com/activate or call TiVo Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486. You’ll need your 15-digit TiVo Service Number, found on the label on the back of the Roamio Plus/Pro.
Write it here for reference ___________________________.
About CableCARD™ decoders
Do I need a CableCARD decoder for this TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro?
YES. The TiVo Roamio needs a CableCARD decoder to receive any cable programming. To receive digital cable channels, and to watch and record multiple channels at the same time, you need one Multi-Stream CableCARD decoder (M-CARD) from your cable company.
Do I need to wait for CableCARD installation?
NO, donâ€™t wait. Start connecting your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro now. You can install the CableCARD decoder later. For instructions, see the â€œInstalling a Cable nsert that came with your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro.
To get started connecting your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro, go to step 1.
Set up your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro in 7 easy steps.
Get to know TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro.
When you finish Guided Setup, you’ll see the TiVo Central ® screen. This is the starting point for everything you do with your TiVo DVR.
You can always reach the TiVo Central screen by pressing the TiVo button on your remote control.
All the shows recorded by your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro, including video podcasts and downloaded shows, appear on the My Shows screen.
Highlight any title in My Shows (even a show that’s still recording) and press PLAY to play the show from the beginning, or to resume playing from where you left off.
The TiVo Roamio Remote
Search & Browse
Find anything, fast! TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro searches program listings for titles, keywords, or actor/director names, and gives you results for both broadcast and on-demand shows! Not sure what you want to watch? Browse broadcast and on-demand listings all at the same time.
Video On Demand
What you want to watch, when you want to watch it. Just select Find TV, Movies, & Videos for available on-demand options.
When you have more than one TiVo box on your home network, it’s easy to stream or transfer shows between them. Just go to your My Shows list, choose the DVR that has the show you want to watch, select the show, and press PLAY! To learn more about setting up your whole-home TiVo experience, visit tivo.com/wholehome.
Music & Photos
TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro is really an entire digital home entertainment center, with access to your photos, music, and more! From the TiVo Central screen, select Music & Photos.
Want to learn more?
See the online Viewer’s Guide to find out about all the other cool things you can do with your TiVo Roamio Plus/Pro. tivo.com/howto
Save These Safety Instructions.
Before you begin Make sure all your equipment is turned off and the TiVo DVR is unplugged.
Your TiVo DVR is only capable of supporting the weight of one or two common A/V components such as VCRs, DVD players, or A/V receivers (provided they have four good, broad, padded feet that distribute of the weight near the corners of the TiVo DVR).
Also, avoid stacking your TiVo DVR on top of other electronic components — such as DVD players, A/V receivers — or the vents of your TV.
This product is for use only with listed ITE (Information Technology Equipment).
This product was designed and manufactured to meet strict quality and safety standards. There are, however, some installation and operation precautions of which you should be particularly aware. Please read these instructions before operating the equipment and save them for future reference.
- Read Instructions — All the safety and operating instructions should be read and understood before the appliance is operated.
- Retain Instructions — The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
- Heed Warnings — All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be followed.
- Follow Instructions — All operating and use instructions should be followed.
- Water and Moisture — The appliance should not be used near water – for example, near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, etc.
- An appliance and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn.
- Tilt/Stability — All televisions must comply with recommended international global safety standards for tilt and stability properties of their cabinet design. Do not compromise these design standards by applying excessive pull force to the front, or top, of the cabinet, which could ultimately overturn the product. Also, do not endanger yourself, or children, by placing electronic equipment/toys on top of the cabinet. Such items could unexpectedly fall from the top of the set and cause product damage and/or personal injury.
- Ventilation — The appliance should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper ventilation. For example, the appliance should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug, or similar surface that may block the ventilation openings; or, placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet that may impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings. Do not block ventilation holes by placing items such as magazines, clothing, etc., on top of the unit.
- Heat — The appliance should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Power Cord Protection — Power supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords and plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the appliance.
- Object and Liquid Entry — Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots, as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short the parts, resulting in the risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on this product.
- Damage Requiring Service — The appliance should be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
- the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed;
- liquid has spilled into the product;
- the product has been exposed to rain or water;
- the product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions (adjust only those controls that are discussed in this guide, as improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage, often requiring extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal performance);
- the product has been dropped or the cabinet damaged;
- the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
- Servicing — The user should not attempt service to the appliance beyond that described in the Troubleshooting section of this guide. All other servicing should be referred to qualified service personnel.
- Cleaning — Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners; use a damp cloth for cleaning. If the product comes in contact with any liquid, unplug the power cord and let the unit dry thoroughly before plugging it back in.
- Power Source — This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label or in this guide. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
- Overloaded Power Outlets — do not overload wall outlets and extension cords, as this can result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Coaxial Cable Grounding — For this product, the coaxial cable shield/screen shall be grounded as close as practical to the point of entry of the cable into the building. For products sold in the US and Canada, this is per Article 800-93 and Article 800-100 of the NEC (or Canadian Electrical Code Part 1), which provides guidelines for proper grounding of the coaxial cable shield.
- Electric Shock — To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product. Take it to a qualified service person when service or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other risks. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock when this product is subsequently used.
- Moving — Avoid moving the unit while it is plugged in to avoid accumulative shock.
- CAUTION — Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
TiVo DVR Limited Warranty
90 Days Free Labor | One Year Parts Exchange
WHO IS COVERED?
You must have proof of purchase to receive warranty service. A sales receipt or other document showing that you purchased the product is considered proof of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED?
Each TiVo DVR is manufactured from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry-standard practices. TiVo warrants that the DVR will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the limited warranty period described herein. The limited warranty coverage begins the day you purchase the product as further described in the following text. For 90 days from the purchase date, the DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative.
This exchange is done without charge to you for parts and labor (except applicable taxes, if any). You will be responsible for the cost of shipping. From 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase, your DVR will be replaced with a repaired, renewed, or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary by TiVo) if it becomes defective or inoperative. You will be responsible for all labor and shipping costs. Contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486 to obtain your cost (labor costs) for exchange.
All products, including replacement products, are covered only for the original warranty period. When the warranty on the original product expires, the warranty on the replacement product also expires. After one year from the date of purchase, you pay for the replacement of all parts, and for all labor and shipping charges.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
Your warranty does not cover:
- Labor charges for installation or setup of the product.
- Any taxes imposed on TiVo for units replaced or repaired under this warranty.
- Installation, the performance of, or repair of: audio/video cabling, telephone line, or accessory attachments used with the product.
- Product replacement because of damage due to misuse, accident, lightning damage, unauthorized repair, or other cause not within the control of TiVo Inc. Please note that removing the cover of the DVR for any reason voids the warranty.
- Reception transmission problems caused by signal conditions, telephone line, or cable or antenna systems outside the unit.
- Damages to, or viruses that may infect your DVR or other devices arising from the use of unauthorized third party devices in connection with your DVR.
- Incidental or consequential damages resulting from the product. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.)
- A product that has been modified or adapted to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, damaged by these modifications.
- A product used for commercial or institutional purposes.
- Access connections (telephone or broadband), including charges from your communications provider.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP…
Please keep your sales receipt or other document showing proof of purchase. Attach it to this guide and keep both nearby. Also keep the original box and packing material in case you need to return your product.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST WARRANTY SERVICE
Please check the troubleshooting advice found at tivo.com/support before calling Customer Support. Following the troubleshooting tips contained therein may save you a call to Customer Support.
TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE…
If you believe you need service for your DVR, contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486. A representative will go through a diagnostic checklist with you. If it is determined that the product needs to be exchanged, you will receive a return authorization number. The representative will give you complete shipping details.
TO GET OUT-OF-WARRANTY SERVICE…
Out-of-warranty service can be obtained at a nominal cost for replacement and handling. To obtain out-of-warranty service contact Customer Support at tivo.com/support or 877-367-8486 to obtain the cost of out-of-warranty exchange for your product.
Record the model and service numbers found on the product below:
MODEL # _____________________________________________
SERVICE # ____________________________________________
All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction). TIVO’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN DVRS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE DVR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND ALL CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD. Some states (or jurisdictions) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
TIVO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
AOL is a registered trademark of AOL Inc. Cable CARD is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. Hulu and Hulu Plus are trademarks of Hulu, LLC. iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. MoCA is a registered trademark of Multimedia over Coax Alliance in the U.S. and other countries. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. This product contains open source software.
Notices and licenses are provided in a system information screen and at tivo.com/linux, and are incorporated herein by reference. For open source software included in this product in executable form, if required by the applicable open source license, you may obtain a copy of the corresponding source code at any time during the period required by sending a money order or check for US$10 to:
TiVo Inc., 2160 Gold Street, San Jose, CA 95002, attn: Legal Department. TiVo also makes source code available at tivo.com/linux.
FCC statement to the user
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. End users must follow the specific operating instructions for satisfying RF exposure compliance. To maintain compliance with FCC RF exposure compliance requirements, please follow operation instructions as documented in this manual.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body. The availability of some specific channels and/or operational frequency bands are country dependent and are firmware programmed at the factory to match the intended destination. The firmware setting is not accessible by the end user.
Model numbers: TCD846500 (Roamio), TCD848000 (Roamio Plus); TCD840300 (Roamio Pro); RC30A00, RC30B00 (Remote) FCC IDs: TGN-TCD8465 (Roamio), TGN-TCD8400 (Roamio Plus/Pro), TGN-RC30 (Remote)
Askey International Corporation
800 Corporate Way, Suite B
Fremont, CA 94538
Model numbers: WLU5054 (Roamio), WLU5200 (Roamio Plus/Pro)
FCC IDs: H8N-WLU5054 (Roamio), H8N-WLU5200 (Roamio Plus/Pro)
FAQs TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player User manual
How does streaming work with TiVo?
Popular apps like Netflix, Prime Video, and Sling are integrated with TiVo Stream 4K and the TiVo Stream app for a seamless, user-friendly on-screen experience. All of your available apps are searched in one search to find the content you wish to watch.
Is wifi required for TiVo Stream?
Why do I need access to the Internet? TiVo Stream 4K requires an internet connection to stream media. A wireless connection to your home network is necessary.
Is TiVo TCD848000 a reliable streaming gadget?
The TiVo Stream 4K has considerable appeal strictly as a cheap 4K HDR streamer running Android TV, especially at its $50 launch price. Compared to Xiaomi’s Mi Box S, it offers a more smoother experience, and it is less Sling-focused than the AirTV Mini. It also supports Dolby Vision HDR, in contrast to those devices.
Why did TiVo media player not succeed?
TiVo rarely promoted itself, and when it did, it did so ineffectively. It also didn’t license its technology for broader use. Finally, it failed to anticipate the shift to streaming media. I’ll TiVo it, a product that had the potential to change the world, as a result, fell extinct almost immediately.
What benefits does TiVo offer?
The newest remote, the TiVo VOX Remote, makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. You can now instantly browse your favorite content and movies, create OnePasses, record shows, and stream on your preferred applications all by using voice commands!
Do I need a smart TV for TiVo TCD848000?
In a typical setup, TiVo will only use one of the HDMI inputs on the smart TV, and the TiVo and smart TV will be fully independent devices that are linked to your network separately.
Has a USB port been added to TiVo Media Player/Stream?
A USB-C port is included on the side of your TiVo Stream 4K. Your TiVo Stream 4K can have its capabilities increased by using the USB-C connector. Please take note that your TiVo Stream 4K does not get power via the USB-C connector. Make sure the USB adapter that came with your TiVo Stream 4K is hooked into a wall power outlet.
Can my TiVo TCD848000 stream to my computer?
Conditions for Streaming: The device you use to access TiVo Online must be connected to the same network as your host DVR in order to stream content to TiVo Online, and the streamed media cannot be copy-protected. See Copy Protection: FAQ for additional details on copy protection regulations. Reminder: Chrome does not support streaming.
Can you use TiVo Media Player with any TV?
Once your TiVo Mini is configured, you may use your 4- or 6-tuner TiVo box to connect other TVs in your house to enjoy whole-home entertainment. You can watch live TV and record programs using a TiVo Mini.
TiVo TCD848000: Is it a success?
This model, with the model number HDR112, was created by Philips, just like all of the first TiVos. The TiVo is the most important consumer electronics product ever despite its lack of popularity.
How can I obtain the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player user manual?
The TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player user manual can be obtained by visiting the official TiVo website or by searching for it online. It provides detailed instructions and information on how to use the device effectively.
What are the key features and functionalities of the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player?
The TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player offers various features and functionalities, including seamless streaming of online content, integration with popular streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video, voice control capabilities, access to TiVo Central for easy navigation, and the ability to browse and play recorded shows from your TiVo DVR.
How do I connect and set up the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player?
To connect and set up the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player, follow the instructions provided in the user manual. Typically, it involves connecting the device to your TV via an HDMI cable, connecting to your home network either through Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and completing the initial setup process guided by the on-screen instructions.
Can the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player access popular streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video?
Yes, the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player supports popular streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video. You can access these services directly from the device’s interface and enjoy a wide range of movies, TV shows, and other content available on these platforms.
Are there any safety precautions or guidelines I should be aware of when using the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player?
When using the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player, it’s important to follow the safety precautions outlined in the user manual. These may include keeping the device away from water or other liquids, ensuring proper ventilation to prevent overheating, avoiding excessive force or pressure on the device, and keeping the device away from heat sources. Adhering to these guidelines will help ensure the safe and optimal use of the TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player.
Pdf – TiVo TCD848000 Streaming Media Player User manual
For More Posts Visit: ManualsDock