DREO DR-HSH005 1500W Electric Portable Space Oil Filled Heater
For those looking for the best performance in real-world scenarios, we designed Dreo. Every Dreo appliance is intended to provide a sense that is natural, energizing, and ultimately pleasant. Creating a comfortable atmosphere in your house that fosters enjoyable activities.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing DREO Oil Filled Heater. Please read this User Guide thoroughly before use and keep it for future reference.
READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS. KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the
- Read all instructions before using this heater.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use the handle when moving this heater.
- Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug the heater when not in use.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or is damaged in any manner. Discard the heater, or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Do not use outdoors.
This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, and similar indoor locations. Never locate a heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run the cord under the carpeting. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route the cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange the cord away from the traffic area and where it will not be tripped over. To disconnect the heater, turn the controls off, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use it on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
- A loose-fitting outlet can cause the plug to overheat or cause a fire. Be sure the plug fits tightly in the outlet.
- If there is a loose fit between the plug and the socket or the plug becomes very hot, the socket may need to be replaced. Check with a qualified electrician to replace the socket.
- It is normal for the plug and cord to feel warm to the touch. A plug or cord which becomes hot to the touch or becomes distorted in shape may be a result of a worn electrical outlet. Worn outlets or receptacles should be replaced prior to further use of the heater.
- Plugging the heater into a worn outlet/receptacle may result in overheating of the power cord or fire.
- The output of this heater may vary and its temperature may become hot enough to burn exposed skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for persons with a high sensitivity to heat or an inability to react to avoid burns. should be replaced prior to further use of the heater. Plugging the heater into a worn outlet/receptacle may result in overheating of the power cord or fire.
- Ensure the heater is on a stable, secure surface to eliminate the potential of tipping it over.
- Make sure that no pieces of polystyrene or other packaging material have been left between elements of the appliance. It may be necessary to pass over the appliance with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not attempt to modify or repair the product by yourself. Doing so could void the warranty and cause damage or personal injury. Only a repair technician may disassemble or repair this product.
- Choking hazard – This remote control unit contains a small battery. Keep the remote control away from children and do not swallow the battery. If the battery is swallowed seek medical advice at once.
- If the machine is not working as it should, has received a sharp blow, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not use it and contact Customer Support.
- NOTE: There may be a trace of smoke or odor when the unit is first operated. This indicates that a drop of oil fell on the heating coil during the manufacturing process. It will quickly evaporate and should not re-occur.
- IMPORTANT – This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to rig this safety feature.
DANGER – High temperatures may be generated under certain abnormal conditions. Do not partially or fully cover or obstruct the front of this heater.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
USING YOUR HEATER
- 1 x Oil-Filled Heater
- 1 x Remote Control
- 4 x Casters
- 1 x Thank You Card
- 1 x User Guide
Caster Setup Instructions
The heater is packaged with the casters unattached. You must attach them before operating the heater to prevent the heater from tipping over.
The casters are inside the foam at the bottom of the package.
- Place the heater upside down and extend the caster supports outwards.
- Align four casters with the mounting holes and press them into the holes.
- Set the heater upright and plugin.
Tip-over hazard. Do not operate without the casters attached. Fire hazard. Operate the heater in the upright position only. Any other position can cause damage to this heater and even a fire hazard.
Operations and Functions
Place the heater on a firm, level surface free from obstructions, and at least 3ft. (0.9m) away from any wall or combustible materials.
Plug into an appropriate voltage AC 120V outlet, The unit will enter standby mode with a beep and power indicator on red. Your heater is ready for use now.
- When the unit is plugged in, press on the heater / remote control to turn the heater on with the default settings: 95°F and high mode ( ) on the LED display.
- Press once again to turn the heater off.
Mode / Heat Level Settings
- When the unit is on, repeatedly press MODE on the heater to cycle through High -> Medium -> Low -> ECO modes, OR simply press M or on the remote control for the mode switch.
- When ECO mode is on, the heater will adjust the
working mode automatically based on the ambient
- Press on the remote control to turn the buzzer on/off.
- When the unit is on, press + or – on the heater / remote control to adjust the set temperature from 40 to 95°F in 1°F increments.
- When the ambient temperature reaches the set temperature, the heating element will stop running and the indicator will go off.
Note: after the unit is turned off, the heater will continue radiating heat for a while because of the unique properties of diathermic oil.
- When the ambient temperature is lower than the set temperature, the heater will start running again.
- When the unit is running, press on the heater /remote control to enter the timer setting.
- Press or select a time (00h-24h) and Press again to start the timer.
- When the timer ends, the heater will automatically shut off and go into standby.
- If you set the timer when the unit is on standby, the heater will automatically start running when the timer ends.
- Press the power button to end the timer immediately.
- When the unit is on, hold at the same time for 2 seconds to enable/disable Child Lock.
- All the buttons will be locked when Child Lock is enabled.
- Child Lock is not applicable to the remote control.
|If you turn off the heater and keep it connected to the power source, the heater will return to its last status (working mode 8 temperature) once turned on again.
Note: not applicable to the timer, mute, eco mode, and child lock settings.
|When the ambient temperature is above 122°F, the heater will stop heating, with 10 beeps and the error code “Fr flashing on the display.
|Please unplug it from the power source and power it on again when the ambient temperature drops below 122°F.
|When the heater is tipped over, the heater will shut off automatically.
|Please place the heater back on a flat, level, and stable surface. Turn it on again.
|The display will go dim automatically after 60 seconds if no action is taken by the user.
Replacement of Batteries in the Remote Control
- Remove the battery cover in the direction indicated by the arrow.
- Replace with two new AAA 1.5 batteries. Make sure that the positive(+) and negative(-) terminals are positioned correctly.
- Push the battery cover back into place.
- Replace with new batteries of the same type when replacement is required.
- Remove the batteries when the remote control is unused for a long period of time.
- Do not attempt to dismantle the batteries.
- Do not dispose of the batteries in fire, batteries may explode or leak.
|Remote Control Battery
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning and Maintenance
It is recommended that the heater be cleaned at least one time during the operating season and before off-season storage in order to provide the optimum level of performance.
Always disconnect the appliance from the mains by switching it off and removing the plug from the power outlet before cleaning.
- Turn the heater “OFF”, unplug it, and wait for the heater to cool down.
- Use only a soft cloth to gently wipe the outer surfaces of the heater clean.
- Do not use any cleaning agents or detergents.
- Never immerse the heater in water and never allow water to drip into the motor housing. Be sure not to wet the heating element and the switches.
- For storage, you may leave the heater covered to protect it from dust. Store it in a cool, dry location and arrange the cable away from traffic areas so that it will not be tripped over or damaged.
Do not allow water to run into the interior of the heater as this could result in a fire or electric shock hazard. Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
The following troubleshooting guide addresses the most common problems. If your problem is not listed or still persists, please contact our Customer
Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Malfunction Codes on LED Display
|E2 – Temperature sensor short circuit
|Unplug it from the power source and contact Customer Support.
|El – Temperature sensor open circuit
|Unplug it from the power source and contact Customer Support.
|FF – Overheat Protection (Ambient temperature above 122°F)
|Unplug it from the power source and power it on again when the ambient temperature drops below 122°F.
|The heater does not start
|The power cord is not properly plugged in.
|Connect the plug to a powered electrical outlet.
|Overheat Protection has been activated.
|Turn the heater OFF, unplug it and allow it to cool.
|Check and remove any objects on or adjacent to the heater.
|Wait 5-10 minutes before plugging the unit back in.
|No power is passing through the unit.
|Ensure that your circuit breaker or fuse is working properly.
|Ensure your heater is placed on a flat and even surface.
|The set temperature is lower than the ambient temperature.
|Make sure the thermostat is set at a higher temperature than the ambient temperature.
|The heater suddenly stops during heating
|The temperature exceeds the threshold of the thermal cutoff.
|Turn off the unit and unplug it from the power outlet. Allow it ‘ to cool, and then plug it into the electrical
i outlet again.
|The heater is tipped over.
|Place it on a flat, level, and stable surface.
Warranty and Service
Default 12-Month Warranty
This product is covered with DREO product and labor warranty for 12 months from the date of its original purchase.
Extend Your Warranty
Extend your warranty by registering your new product on our website https://dreo.com/warranty.
The warranty will not apply in cases of:
- Accidents, misuse, or repairs performed by unauthorized personnel.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts.
- Use of force, damage caused by external influences.
- Damage caused by non-observance of the User Guide, e.g.
connection to an unsuitable mains supply or non-compliance with the instructions.
- Partially or completely dismantled appliances.
- Defects caused by or resulting from damages from shipping or from repairs, service, or alteration to the product or any of its parts that have been performed by a repair person not authorized by DREO.
We can only provide after-sales service for products that are sold by DREO or DREO-authorized retailers and distributors. If you have purchased your unit from a different place, please contact your seller for return and warranty issues.
We’re Here to Help! If you encounter any issues or have any questions regarding your new product, please contact our helpful Customer Support Team. Your satisfaction is our goal!
Email: email@example.com * Please have your order confirmation number ready before contacting Customer Support.
FAQs DREO DR-HSH005 1500W Electric Portable Space Oil Filled Heater User Guide
What is the DREO DR-HSH005 1500W Electric Portable Space Oil Filled Heater?
The DREO DR-HSH005 is an electric portable space heater that uses oil-filled technology to provide efficient and consistent heating in small to medium-sized rooms. It is designed to heat rooms while maintaining a quiet operation.
How does the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil-Filled Heater work?
The DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater contains heating elements immersed in oil. When the heater is turned on, the elements heat up the oil, which then circulates throughout the heater and radiates heat into the surrounding space. The oil retains heat well, allowing for long-lasting and even heat distribution.
What is the power rating of the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater?
The DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater has a power rating of 1500 watts, which is the maximum amount of electrical power it can consume when operating at its highest heat setting.
What size room can the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater effectively heat?
The DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater is suitable for heating small to medium-sized rooms. The exact coverage area will depend on various factors such as insulation, room layout, and ceiling height. It is recommended to refer to the product specifications or consult the manufacturer for specific guidance on room size compatibility.
Does the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater have adjustable heat settings?
Yes, the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater typically offers multiple heat settings to customize the level of warmth according to your preference and comfort. You can adjust the heat settings using the control panel or buttons on the heater.
Does the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater have a thermostat?
Yes, the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil-Filled Heater is typically equipped with a built-in thermostat. The thermostat allows you to set a desired temperature, and the heater will automatically turn on or off to maintain the selected temperature. This helps to regulate the heat output and maintain a comfortable environment.
Is the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater safe to use?
Yes, the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater is designed with safety features. It usually includes overheat protection, which automatically shuts off the heater if it reaches a certain temperature threshold. The heater may also have tip-over protection, which turns off the unit if it is accidentally knocked over. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines to ensure safe operation.
Is the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater portable?
Yes, the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater is typically designed to be portable. It often comes with wheels or casters for easy movement from one room to another. Additionally, it may have a built-in handle or grip for convenient transportation.
Does the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater make noise when operating?
The DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater is generally known for its quiet operation. The oil-filled technology and absence of a fan contribute to a noise-free heating experience, making it suitable for use in bedrooms, offices, or other areas where a quiet environment is desired.
Can the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater be used in a bathroom?
No, the DREO DR-HSH005 Oil Filled Heater is not designed or recommended for use in bathrooms or other areas where it may come into direct contact with water
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/DREO-DR-HSH005-1500W-Electric-Portable-Space-Oil-Filled-Heater.pdf” download=”all”]
For More Manuals Visit: ManualsDock