Conair Corporation is the owner of the American cookware and appliance brand Cuisinart. Carl Sontheimer established Cuisinart in 1971. The company initially made food processors, which were unveiled in 1973 at a Chicago food expo. “Food processor” has come to be synonymous with the term “Cuisinart.”
Congratulations on your purchase of the Cuisinart Multi-Temp Jug Kettle. For over 30 years Cuisinart has aimed to produce the very finest kitchen equipment. All Cuisinart products are engineered for exceptionally long life, and designed to be easy to use as well as to give excellent performance day after day. To learn more about our products visit our website www.cuisinart.co.uk
Product Control Guide
Important Safety Cautions
Carefully read all the instructions before using the appliance and keep it in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow these safety precautions when using this appliance to avoid personal injury or damage to the appliance. This appliance should be used only as described within this instruction book.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated using an external timer or a separate remote-control system.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should always be supervised to ensure that they do not play with this product.
- Not for use by children. Keep out of reach of children during and after use.
- Whilst in use the surfaces will become hot. Do not touch hot surfaces. Always use the handle. Take care not to allow these to come into contact with other heat-sensitive surfaces.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged, or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage, or if the appliance develops a fault, contact the Cuisinart Customer Care Line (refer to the “UK After Sales Service” section for further information).
- Ensure all packaging materials and any promotional labels or stickers are removed from the kettle before first use.
- Do not use the appliance if the lead is damaged. In the event of lead damage, discontinue use immediately. If the lead is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the Customer Care Centre (refer to the ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Do not use any attachments or accessories other than those recommended or sold by Cuisinart.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not allow the lead to come into contact with hot surfaces.
- Always ensure that your hands are dry before removing the plug from the main outlet. Never pull the plug out of the mains socket by the lead.
- Do not allow the lead to overhang the edge of a kitchen table or worktop.
- To protect against fire, electric shock, or personal injury, do not immerse the cord, plug, or unit in water or other liquids.
- Unplug from the mains when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before cleaning the appliance.
- For indoor, domestic use only.
- Do not wrap the lead around the main body of the appliance during or after use.
- This appliance should be used only for the preparation of drinks as described within the instructions for use that accompany it. Please retain these instructions for future reference.
- Always ensure the voltage to be used corresponds with the voltage on the appliance, this is indicated on the bottom of the housing.
- This product complies fully with all appropriate EU and UK legislation and the standards relevant to this type and class of appliance. We are an ISO9001:2015 certified company that continually evaluates our Quality Management System performance. If you have any queries regarding product safety and compliance, please contact our Customer Services Department (see “U.K. After Sales Service” section).
WARNING: Polythene bags over the product or packaging may be dangerous. To avoid the danger of suffocation, keep away from babies and children. These bags are not toys.
Safety During Use
- To avoid injury or possible fire, do not cover the appliance when in use. n Do not exceed the maximum fill level as marked on the water level indicator. If the kettle is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
- The kettle must only be used with the stand provided.n Do not turn the kettle power on when there is no water in the jug. n Always close the lid before plugging in and turning on the kettle.
- Whilst in use the surfaces will become hot. Do not touch hot surfaces. Always use the handle.
- Avoid steam from the nozzle and the lid.n Do not open the lid whilst the water is boiling as scalding may occur.
- Ensure that the kettle is switched off before removing the kettle jug from the base. n To help prevent the build-up of hard water limescale, empty the water from the kettle after each use.
- Switch off and unplug the appliance after use.
Instructions for Use
Before using it for the first time we recommend operating the kettle 2 or 3 times. This will remove any dust or residue remaining from its manufacture. Fill to the MAX mark fill level (1.7L), bring to the boil and when boiling has finished and the kettle has switched off, discard the water and rinse out the inside.
- On/Off button Used to turn the kettle on and off.
- button Used to increase the temperature in increments of 5 degrees from 85ºC through to 100ºC.
- 85ºC button Temperature setting for coffee and variety of teas (refer to quick reference guide on page 10).
- 100ºC button Temperature setting for boiling water for a variety of teas (refer to quick reference guide on page 10).
- A digital display window (LCD) Displays the current water temperature at all times. LCD backlight is activated when the kettle boils and remains on for 10 minutes after boiling has ended.
Setting the Temperature
Achieving the correct water brewing temperature is essential for the optimum flavor extraction of tea and coffee. The quick reference guide below shows the ideal brewing temperatures for different types of teas and coffees. The brewing temperature for green tea and black tea vary considerably; as green tea won’t maintain its flavour or therapeutic properties if the water is too hot and black tea will never reach its peak if the water is not hot enough.
|White teas e.g. White Peach, Ginger, and Lemon, Green teas e.g Sencha, Gunpowder, and Jasmine, and black instant coffee
|French press/cafetiere coffee
|Black teas e.g. Earl Grey, Ceylon, and Darjeeling, and herbal teas e.g. Chamomile, Peppermint, and Dandelion
If drinks require a lower temperature than the above, the kettle should be supervised and switched off once it reaches the desired temperature. The LCD shows the temperature reading in 5-degree increments.
- Open the lid by pressing the lid release button located on the top of the handle.n Fill the kettle with the required amount of cold water. The water gauge is at the rear of the kettle and is marked with min (0.5L) and max (1.7L) and 2-cup and 4-cup markers.
N.B. Take care not to exceed the max mark as this may cause spitting or leaking from the spout when boiling.
- Push the lid closed; you will feel and hear a slight click.n Align the kettle over the powerbase and gently lower it into position, sitting firmly on the base. n Plug the kettle into the mains; the current water temperature will be shown on the display (the water temperature will be displayed to the nearest 5 degrees, e.g. 20ºC).
- Press the 85ºC button for coffee or green and white tea or the 100ºC button for black or herbal teas (the selected temperature button will illuminate and the temperature selected will be shown in the LCD window, flashing continuously until the kettle is started). n If you want to manually set the temperature, press the ‘+’ button located on the handle.
- This will increase the temperature in 5-degree increments from 85ºC through to 100ºC.
- The temperature can only be increased from a starting temperature of 85ºC.
- Press the On/Off switch to start boiling; a beep will sound for 1 second to indicate that heating has started. The backlight on the water indicator level will also illuminate.
N . B. If the on/off switch is pressed but the temperature has not been set, the kettle will default to 100ºC.
- When the kettle has reached the selected temperature it will beep 5 times and switch off. The backlight on the water indicator level will also switch off, but the LCD backlight will remain on for 10 minutes. The kettle can be switched off at any time by pressing the On/Off button located on the handle. When this happens, the LCD will display the actual water temperature. If the On/Off button is pressed again the LCD will display 100ºC and it will boil to this temperature.
N . B. The temperature can be changed anytime during the boiling process by pressing one of the preset temperature options or setting the temperature manually. If the temperature selected during boiling is lower than the temperature of the water in the kettle, it will switch off immediately and beep 5 times; the LCD will display the current water temperature.
N.B. When the unit is not in operation for 1 minute it will switch into ECO stand-by mode.
- Once the water has boiled and the kettle has switched off, carefully lift the kettle off the powerbase and pour the water into a suitable mug or cup.
- If the kettle is removed from the powerbase before it automatically switches off and is then put back on the powerbase it will not continue to boil and will need to be reset.
N.B. A couple of water droplets or condensation may appear on the powerbase, this is quite normal and not a leak.
N.B. Do not open the lid of the kettle when pouring or during the heating process as escaping steam may scald.
Hints & Tips
- Always use fresh, cold water each time you boil.
N.B. For your safety, always close the lid when the kettle is in use.
- If the kettle is accidentally switched on without a sufficient water level, a boil dry mechanism will automatically switch the kettle off. n For best results, empty the kettle after each use. Do not leave water standing in the kettle. This is to help prevent the build-up of hard water limescale.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Always unplug the appliance from the main outlet before cleaning. n Allow to cool before cleaning the appliance. n Clean the exterior surface of the kettle with a clean damp cloth to preserve its original high-quality finish. Dry and polish with a soft cloth.
- Clean the water filter with a soft, clean, damp cloth once a month or as necessary.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring agents of any kind on the interior or exterior of the kettle.
WARNING! Do not immerse the kettle or power base in water or other liquid. Ensure the electric kettle socket is kept dry.
- To get the best performance from your Cuisinart Multi-Temp Jug Kettle, we recommend descaling it from time to time. Frequency depends on the hardness of your tap water and how often you use your kettle.
- We suggest the use of a kettle descaler to dissolve the scale. Simply follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on the packaging.
- Alternatively, pour in enough white vinegar to cover the bottom of the kettle by about 2cm. Bring the vinegar to a boil; you may need to repeat this several times with cooled vinegar to remove the build-up completely. When the kettle is descaled, empty the kettle and rinse out several times with clean water. Take care not to inhale fumes.
- The Conair Group Ltd, Unit 3 Waterfront Business Park, Fleet, GU51 3TW
- This appliance is guaranteed for consumer use for 3 years and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
- This guarantee covers consumer use only i.e. defects occurring under normal use within the home from the date of purchase or date of delivery, whichever is later.
- If the product develops a fault due to defects in materials or manufacture within 12 months from the date of purchase, to avoid delays and unnecessary inconvenience, where possible please return the product to the point of purchase for an exchange.
- If the product develops a fault due to defects in materials or manufacture after 12 months from the date of purchase, and within the guarantee period, Conair UK After Sales Service will repair or replace the product.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorized stockist*
- The appliance is used for professional/non-domestic usage
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorized persons
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
- *unauthorized stockists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers, and those selling second-hand goods, refurbished products, etc
- Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03702 406902 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on authorized stockists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page. Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
- Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
- This guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03702 406 902 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or email your inquiry to email@example.com
UK After Sales Service
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03702 406 902 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
UK Wiring Instructions
The wires in the mains lead are colored by the following code:
- < BLUE = NEUTRAL
- < BROWN = LIVE
- < YELLOW & GREEN = EARTH
As the colors of the wire in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with the color marking identifying the terminals on your plug, proceed as follows:
- < The wire which is colored BLUE must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter N
- < The wire which is colored BROWN must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter L
- < The wire which is colored YELLOW & GREEN must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter E or the symbol.
This appliance is supplied fitted with a BS1363 mains plug and a BS1362 13A fuse. If this plug is removed from the appliance please ensure it is disposed of safely as a disconnected plug is dangerous if reconnected to the mains. If any other type of plug is used, a 13A fuse must be fitted.
The symbol on the product or its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead, it should be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of the product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
FAQS About Cuisinart Multi-Temp Jug Kettle CPK17BPU
Q: What is the capacity of the Cuisinart CPK17BPU kettle?
A: The Cuisinart CPK17BPU has a capacity of 1.7 liters, making it suitable for boiling water in larger quantities.
Q: Can I adjust the temperature settings on this kettle?
A: Yes, this kettle features multiple temperature settings, allowing you to choose from various options to suit your needs, such as boiling water for tea or coffee.
Q: Is the kettle cordless?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CPK17BPU is cordless, making it convenient to use and allowing for easy pouring without the restriction of a cord.
Q: How fast does the kettle boil water?
A: The kettle is designed to quickly boil water. The exact time may vary, but it is generally known for its efficient and rapid boiling performance.
Q: Can I heat water to a specific temperature for different types of tea?
A: Yes, the Multi-Temp feature allows you to select specific temperatures for different types of tea, ensuring optimal brewing conditions.
Q: Is the kettle easy to clean?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CPK17BPU is designed for easy cleaning. The removable and washable scale filter helps keep the interior clean, and the stainless steel exterior is easy to wipe down.
Q: Does it have a keep-warm feature?
A: Yes, the kettle has a keep-warm function that maintains the selected temperature for a certain period, allowing you to enjoy hot water at your convenience.
Q: Is the handle cool to touch when the water is boiling?
A: The handle is designed to stay cool to the touch, providing a comfortable and safe grip even when the water inside is boiling.
Q: Can I see the water level while the kettle is boiling?
A: Yes, the kettle typically comes with a water level indicator, allowing you to monitor the water level easily, even when the kettle is in use.
Q: Does it have a safety feature to prevent overheating?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CPK17BPU is equipped with a boil-dry protection feature, which automatically turns off the kettle if it detects that there is no water inside, preventing overheating.
For more manuals by Cuisinart ManualsDock