SQ PROFESSIONAL BLITZ Electric Jug Kettles
About SQ PROFESSIONAL
SQ PROFESSIONAL electric appliances blend professional-grade performance with user-friendly design, ensuring reliability and efficiency. From electric jug kettles to kitchen gadgets, these products prioritize innovation and safety, delivering practical solutions for daily tasks in both professional and home settings.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
- Spout with filter
- Lid release button
- Plastic kettle jug
- Water level indicator
- Concealed heating element
- ON/OFF switch with indicator light
- Base unit with 360˚connector
- Due to hot parts and potential hazards, this appliance should not be used by children under 16 years old unless supervised by an adult.
- Please keep the appliance and mains cable out of the reach of children. This is not a toy!
- If used by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, instruction and supervision must be given to understand the use of the appliance and the hazards involved.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the power socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling, or cleaning.
- If the main cable is damaged, it must be replaced by qualified persons to avoid any hazards.
- Do not use the appliance in a bathroom, near water, or outdoors. Do not operate the appliance with wet hands or bare feet.
- Do not immerse any of the parts (appliance, mains cable, plug) in water or other liquids during use to protect from fire, electric shock, and personal injury.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctioning.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended whilst in use. Use and store it out of reach of children.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- This appliance is intended for household use only.
- Ensure that the appliance is always placed on a firm and flat surface, away from any edges of the worktop. Do not place the appliance onto a metal tray or metal surface whilst in use. Do not place the appliance on, or near, a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Keep the appliance and mains cable away from the edges of worktops and out of reach of children. Route the mains cable so it does not overhang, and cannot be tripped over or caught.
- Do not let the main cable run across an open space, such as between a low-power socket and a table, or across any hot area, such as a cooker. Heat may damage the main cable.
- The connections on both sides of the mains cable (the appliance and the power socket) should never be strained. If the mains cable is damaged it must be replaced by a qualified person or service to avoid any hazards.
- This appliance must not be operated by an external timer or a remote control system.
- The top of the base unit o should always be kept dry, especially around the connection area.
- Before drying, disconnect the power supply; ensure that the base unit o is completely dry before you reconnect the appliance to the power supply.
- Pour the water out of the kettle jug it slowly and carefully, and do not over-tilt or tip the kettle too fast to prevent spillage and splashing. Remove the kettle from the base unit o before filling or pouring.
- Do not move the kettle jug t when it is switched on. Use extreme caution when moving a kettle containing hot water.
- Do not switch the kettle on unless it contains at least two cups of water.
- Avoid filling it up above the MAX mark to prevent the hot water from spewing out.
- Always remove the kettle jug t from the base unit o before you fill it.
- Always close the lid e and have the filter q in place before you switch the kettle on. Do not open the lid e while the water is boiling.
- Avoid contact with steam while the water is boiling and after the kettle is switched off.
- Avoid using the kettle near or below curtains, shelves, cupboards, or anything that might be damaged or deformed by hot steam.
- Use the handle w and lid release button r on the appliance and avoid touching any hot surfaces.
- The switch should never be held fixed in the ON position as this may cause damage to the switch-off mechanism.
- Do not remove the kettle jug t from the base unit o without switching it off first. Unplug the base unit o when not in use.
- Unplug the kettle from the power socket before cleaning or removing any parts. Ensure that the kettle is completely cooled down before cleaning and storing it away. Keep the kettle jug t, base unit o, mains cable, and plug away from sources of heat and store in a dry place.
- Do not use the kettle for any purpose other than heating water.
- Use the kettle jug t only with the base unit o supplied and do not tamper with the connector in any way.
A scald hazard can last for a long time after boiling. Take care when opening the lid e as steam will escape from the opening. If scalding does occur, immediately run cold water over the affected area and seek medical assistance.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Fill to the MAX mark, boil, discard the water, then rinse. Do this three times, to remove manufacturing dust. Ensure that the electrical connections are completely dry before use.
- Pour water from the kettle jug t slowly to prevent splashing and scalding with the hot water.
- Press the lid release button r and fill the water from the top to help free the filter q from limescale build-up. There should always be a minimum amount of water in the kettle jug t before you switch it on (MIN mark on the water level indicator y).
- To save time and electricity, only boil the necessary amount of water.
- Place the kettle jug t on the base unit making sure that it is secure on the 360˚connector.
- Plug the mains cable of the base unit o into a power socket before switching the power on.
- Switch the kettle ON. The ON/OFF switch will light up and the kettle will start heating the water.
- Once the water is boiled the kettle will automatically switch off.
- Lift the kettle jug t from the base unit o and hold it level to avoid splashing the hot water.
- To boil the water again, place the kettle jug t back on the base unit o and switch it on again.
- If there is not enough water in the kettle jug t, it will switch off automatically. To switch it back on, refill the kettle and wait a few minutes to cool down.
Using insufficient water will shorten the service life of the appliance.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Before cleaning always check that the kettle is switched off and has completely cooled down.
- Unplug the base unit o and let the kettle cool completely.
- Wipe the kettle jug t, inside and out, with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners on the outside of the appliance to avoid scratching the surface.
- Ensure that all connectors and sockets are completely dry.
Descale – even in soft water areas
- This appliance is fitted with a concealed heating element u and therefore must be descaled regularly.
- The frequency of descaling depends on usage and water hardness. Excessive scale causes overheating, reduces the life of the appliance, and may trigger the boil-dry cut-out feature. This may damage the concealed heating element and invalidate the guarantee.
- Use an appropriate descaling product suitable for stainless steel, glass, or plastic, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Products returned under guarantee with faults due to scale will be subject to a repair charge.
- Hold the lip of the filter q and push it down and away from the kettle rim to release it.
- To fit the filter q into the kettle again, hook its lower part on the holder then push the lip slightly down under the rim of the kettle opening until it clicks into place.
- Rated Voltage: 220-240V~
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Rated Power: 1850-2200W
- Capacity: 1.7L
The product must not be used without the fuse cover fitted.
Should the power cable or the power plug become damaged, arrange for these to be replaced by Customer Service or a qualified person before continuing to use the appliance. The appliance is fitted with a 13A fuse (BS1362) in a 13A plug (BS1363).
To reduce environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances in electrical and electronic goods, appliances marked with the symbol below must not be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste. Please repair, reuse, or recycle.
- This product is not user-serviceable. If it is not working, read the instructions, and check the plug fuse and main fuse/circuit breaker. If it is still not working, consult your retailer.
- If that does not solve the problem contact Customer Service – they may be able to offer technical advice. Please have the Model Number to hand, as they will not be able to help you without it.
- If you are advised to return the product to us, pack it carefully, and include a note with your name, address, day phone number, and description of the problem.
- If under a guarantee, say where and when it was purchased and include a valid VAT receipt. Send it to SQ Professional Ltd.
The guarantee for this product is covered by SQ Professional Limited. Any faults with this product arising through a manufacturer defect will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase, subject to a valid VAT receipt being presented. This does not include faults or damage caused by misuse of general wear and tear. SQ Professional Ltd will not be held liable for general wear and tear, or eventual damages to persons, animals, or objects caused by incorrect installation or deriving from improper, erroneous, or unreasonable use.
- Please contact customer services on 01992 716 070 or send an e-mail to email@example.com, Monday to Friday from 09:30 – 17:30.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
SCAN THE QR CODE TO EXPLORE OUR FULL PRODUCT RANGE.
- Voltage Business Centre, Units 1 – 3 6 Mollison Avenue, Enfield, EN3 7XQ
- T: 01992 716 070
- F: 01992 700 538
All images are for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
FAQS About SQ PROFESSIONAL BLITZ Electric Jug Kettles
How do I clean the electric jug kettle?
Most manuals provide instructions on how to clean the kettle, including whether certain parts are dishwasher-safe or should be cleaned by hand.
Can I immerse the kettle in water for cleaning?
Many electric kettles should not be fully immersed in water. The manual typically outlines safe cleaning procedures.
What type of water should I use?
The manual may provide recommendations for the type of water to use to prevent scaling and ensure optimal performance.
How do I descale the kettle?
Instructions on descaling are often included, specifying the recommended descaling solution and frequency of descaling.
Is it safe to leave the kettle plugged in when not in use?
The manual may provide guidance on whether it’s safe to leave the kettle plugged in or if it should be unplugged when not in use.
What is the maximum water capacity?
Information about the maximum water capacity helps prevent overfilling and potential damage.
How do I handle boiling over or spilling?
Safety instructions for handling boiling water and potential spills may be included.
Can I use the kettle for purposes other than boiling water?
Some manuals mention whether the kettle can be used for purposes other than boiling water, such as making hot beverages or soups.
What is the warranty period?
Warranty information, including the duration and conditions, is usually included in the manual.
What safety features does the kettle have?
The manual may outline safety features such as automatic shut-off, boil-dry protection, and others to ensure safe usage.
For more manuals by SQ PROFESSIONAL ManualsDock