Breville is an Australian kitchen appliance manufacturer known for producing high-quality and innovative small kitchen appliances. The company was founded in 1932 in Sydney, Australia, and has since become a globally recognized brand.
Breville offers a wide range of kitchen appliances, including coffee machines, espresso makers, blenders, juicers, toasters, kettles, food processors, ovens, grills, and more. Their products are designed with a focus on functionality, durability, and aesthetics.
One of Breville’s notable product lines is its coffee and espresso machines. They offer a variety of models that cater to different brewing methods, from espresso machines for home use to professional-grade espresso machines. Breville’s coffee machines often incorporate advanced features such as built-in grinders, customizable settings, and automatic milk frothers.
Breville appliances are known for their attention to detail, user-friendly interfaces, and high-performance capabilities. They are often praised for their innovative designs and the ability to replicate professional-grade results in the comfort of one’s home.
We at Breville are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer foremost in mind. In addition, we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions:
Read all instructions before operating and save for future reference
- Do not push produce into the feed chute with your fingers. Always use the food pusher provided.
- Do not touch the small cutting blades in the base of the stainless steel filter basket.
- Do not leave the Juice Fountain unattended when in use. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is being used near children. Do not allow children to use this appliance.
- Always make sure the Juice Fountain is properly and completely assembled before operating. The unit will not turn ‘On’ unless properly assembled.
- Always use the Juice Fountain on a dry, level surface.
- Always turn the Juice Fountain off then turn off at the power point before disconnecting from the power outlet when not in use or when assembling.
- Regularly inspect the supply cord, plug, and actual appliance for any damage. If found damaged in any way, immediately cease use of the appliance and return the entire appliance to the nearest Breville Service Center for examination, replacement, or repair.
- Do not immerse the power cord or motor base in water or any other liquid.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is near children.
- This appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
- Do not operate any electrical appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance has malfunctioned or been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized Breville Service Center for examination, adjustment, or repair.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, touch hot surfaces, or become knotted.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or where it could touch a heated oven.
- Always turn ‘Off’ at the power point and remove the cord if the appliance is left unattended, if not in use, before cleaning, or before attempting to move the appliance.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorized Breville Service Center.
- This appliance is for household use only.
EXTRA WIDE FEED CHUTE. DO NOT PLACE HANDS OR FOREIGN OBJECTS DOWN THE FEED CHUTE. ALWAYS USE THE FOOD PUSHER PROVIDED.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. A safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA should be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance. See your electrician for professional advice.
- Always make sure the cover is clamped (lock bar)securely in place before the motor is turned on. Do not unfasten the clamps (lock bar) while the juicer is in operation.
- Do not use the appliance if the rotating sieve (filter basket) is damaged.
ELECTRIC CORD STATEMENT
YOUR JUICER HAS A SHORT CORD AS A SAFETY PRECAUTION TO PREVENT PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM PULLING, TRIPPING, OR BECOMING ENTANGLED WITH THE CORD. DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO BE NEAR OR USE THIS APPLIANCE WITHOUT CLOSE ADULT SUPERVISION. IF YOU MUST USE A LONGER CORDSETOR AN EXTENSION CORD WHEN USING AN APPLIANCE, THE CORD MUST BE ARRANGED SO IT WILL NOT DRAPE OR HANG OVER THE EDGE OF A COUNTERTOP, TABLETOP, OR SURFACE AREA WHERE IT CAN BE PULLED ON BY CHILDREN OR TRIPPED OVER. TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, PERSONAL INJURY, OR FIRE, THE ELECTRICAL RATING OF THE EXTENSION CORD YOU USE MUST BE THE SAME OR MORE THAN THE WATTAGE OF THE APPLIANCE (WATTAGE IS MARKED ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE APPLIANCE).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Know your Breville Juice Fountain
Assembling your Breville Juice Fountain
- Step 1 Place the filter bowl surround on top of the motor base.
- Step 2 Align the arrows on the filter basket with the arrows on the motor drive coupling and push down until it clicks into place. Ensure the stainless steel filter basket is fitted securely inside the filter bowl surround and onto the motor base.
- Step 3Place the juicer cover over the filter bowl surround, position the feed chute over the stainless steel filter basket, and lower it into position.
- Step 4 Raise the safety locking arm and locate into the two grooves on either side of the juice cover. The safety locking arm should now be in a vertical position and locked into place on top of the juicer cover.
- Step 5 Slide the food pusher down the feed chute by aligning the groove in the food pusher with the small protrusion on the inside of the top of the feed tube. Continue to slide the food pusher down the feed chute.
- Step 6 Place the pulp container into position by tilting slightly
- Step 7 Place the juice jug provided under the spout on the right-hand side of the Juice Fountain. The lid can be placed on to avoid any splatter.
- Operating your Breville Juice Fountain
- Step 1 Wash your selection of fruit and vegetables ready for juicing.
- Step 2 Ensure the Juice Fountain is correctly assembled. Ensure the stainless steel filter is thoroughly cleaned before each use (refer to care and cleaning on page 15). Ensure you place the juice jug (or a glass) under the spout before commencing juicing.
- Step 3 Plug the power cord into a 110 / 120V power outlet and turn the power ‘On’. Push the two-speed switch either up for low speed or down for high speed depending on the type of fruit or vegetable being juiced. Use the speed selector table as a guide for juicing different fruits and vegetables.
- Step 4 With the motor running, place food into the feed chute. Using the food pusher, gently guide food down the feed chute. To extract the maximum amount of juice, always push the food pusher down slowly
- Step 5 Juice will flow into the juice jug and the separated pulp will accumulate in the pulp container.
Disassembling your Breville Juice Fountain
- Step 1 Turn the Juice Fountain ‘Off’ at the power outlet and Move the locking arm down. unplug.
- Step 2 Remove the pulp container by holding the handle and pivoting the bottom of the pulp container away from the juicer.
- Step 3 Place both hands on either side of the locking arm pull back and lift over the grooves on either side of the juicer cover.
- Step 4 Move the locking arm down.
- Step 5 Lift the juicer cover off the Juicer.
Care and cleaning
- For easy cleaning – immediately after each use rinse removable parts under running water (to remove wet pulp). Allow parts to air dry.
- After disassembling the unit (see page 13) all removable parts may be washed in hot soapy water.
- The Juice Fountain juicer cover, filter bowl surround, pulp container, stainless steel filter basket, and 1-liter juice jug are dishwasher safe (top shelf only).
- Wipe the motor base with a damp cloth.
- Before washing the juice jug, remove the froth attachment and rinse under running water.
- For consistent juicing results always ensure that the stainless steel filter basket is thoroughly cleaned using the supplied nylon brush. Using the nylon washing-up brush, hold the filter basket under running water and brush from the inside of the basket to the outer rim. After cleaning the filter basket, hold it up towards a light to ensure the fine mesh holes are not blocked. If the holes are blocked soak the filter basket in hot water with 10% lemon juice to loosen the blocked holes. Alternatively, wash the filter basket on the top shelf of any dishwasher.
- Do not soak the stainless steel filter basket in bleach.
- Always treat the filter basket with care as it can be easily damaged.
- Discoloration of the plastic may occur with strongly colored fruits and vegetables. To help prevent this, wash parts immediately after use.
- If discoloration does occur, the plastic parts can be soaked in 10% lemon juice and water or they can be cleaned with a nonabrasive cleaner.
- DO NOT IMMERSE THE MOTOR BASE IN WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID.
- THE CENTER OF THE FILTER BASKET AND FEED CHUTE CONTAIN SMALL SHARP BLADES TO PROCESS FRUIT AND VEGETABLES DURING THE JUICING FUNCTION. DO NOT TOUCH BLADES WHEN HANDLING THE FILTER BASKET OR FEED CHUTE.
Tips on juicing
THE INSIDE INFORMATION ON JUICING
Although juice drinks are usually developed with flavor, texture, and aroma at the forefront, the health benefits certainly add to the pleasurable taste experience. Up to 70% of the nutrient content of fruit and vegetables is found in the juice. Liquids extracted from fresh fruit and vegetables form an important part of a well-balanced diet. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are an easy-to-make source of vitamins and minerals. Juices are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream therefore being the quickest way in which the body can digest nutrients. When you make your juices, you have complete control over what you include in them. You select the ingredients and decide if you need to use sugar, salt, or other flavoring agents.
PURCHASING AND STORAGE OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES
- Always wash fruit and vegetables before juicing.
- Always use fresh fruit and vegetables for juicing.
- To save money and obtain fresher produce, purchase fruit or vegetables that are in season. Refer to the Fruit and Vegetable Facts chart.
- Keep your fruit and vegetables ready for juicing by washing and drying them before storing them.
- Most fruits and hardier-type vegetables can be stored at room temperature. The more delicate and perishable items such as berries, leafy greens, celery, cucumbers, and herbs should be stored in the refrigerator until required.
PREPARATION OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES
- If using fruits with hard or inedible skins such as mangoes, citrus, melons, or pineapple, always peel them before juicing.
- Some vegetables, such as cucumbers can be processed unpeeled depending on the softness of the skin and the juicing requirements.
- All fruits with large pits, hard seeds, or stones such as nectarines, peaches, mangoes, apricots, plums, and cherries must be pitted before juicing.
- Ensure vegetables such as beets, carrots, etc. have all soil removed, and are well washed and trimmed of leaves before juicing.
- Ensure fruits such as strawberries are hulled before juicing and pears have their stalks removed.
- Citrus fruit can be juiced in the Juice Fountain™ Plus, but remove the skin and excess pith before juicing.
- A small amount of lemon juice can be added to apple juice to reduce discoloration.
NOTE Your Juice Fountain™ Plus makes invigorating, frothy orange juice. Simply peel the oranges and remove any excess pith before juicing. It is best to refrigerate oranges before juicing.
THE RIGHT TECHNIQUE
- When juicing a variety of ingredients with varying textures, start with the softer texture ingredients on LOW speed and then gradually change to HIGH speed for the harder textured ingredients.
- If you are juicing herbs, sprouts, or other leafy green vegetables, either wrap them together to form a bundle or juice them in the middle of a combination of ingredients on LOW speed to obtain the best extraction.
- If juicing herbs or leafy green vegetables on their own, the juice yield will be low due to the nature of centrifugal juicing. It is advised to juice them with a combination of other fruits and vegetables.
- All fruit and vegetables produce different amounts of liquids. This varies within the same group i.e. one batch of tomatoes can produce more juice than another batch. Since juice recipes are not exact, the precise quantities of any juice are not crucial to the success of a particular mixture.
- To extract the maximum amount of juice always push the food pusher down slowly.
GETTING THE RIGHT BLEND
It is easy to create great-tasting juice. If you have been making your own vegetable or fruit juices, then you know how simple it is to invent new combinations. Taste, color, texture, and ingredient preferences are a personal choice. Think of some flavors and foods – would they work well together or would they clash? Some bold flavors could overpower the more subtle flavors of others. It is, however, a good rule of thumb to combine starchy, pulpy ingredients with those high in moisture.
USING THE PULP
- The remaining pulp left after juicing fruit and vegetables is mostly fiber and cellulose which, like the nutrients in juice, are necessary for the daily diet and can be used in many ways. However, like the juice, pulp should be used that day to avoid loss of vitamins.
- There are several recipes contained in this book for the use of pulp. Apart from these, pulp can be used to add bulk to rissole mixtures, and thicken casseroles or soups.
- Apart from consumption use, the pulp is great for creating compost for the garden.
NOTE When using the pulp, there may be some pieces of fruit or vegetables remaining. These should be removed before using the pulp in any recipe.
Fruit and vegetable facts
FAQS About Breville JUICE FOUNTAIN JE95XL
What type of juicer is the Breville Juice Fountain Plus JE98XL?
The JE98XL is a centrifugal juicer. It uses a fast-spinning blade to extract juice from fruits and vegetables by separating the juice from the pulp.
What is the power rating of the JE98XL?
This juicer has a powerful 850-watt motor, allowing it to handle a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Is it suitable for leafy greens and wheatgrass?
While the JE98XL can juice leafy greens, it may not be as efficient as masticating juicers for this purpose. It is not designed for wheatgrass.
What is the capacity of the juice and pulp containers?
The juice jug has a capacity of 1 liter (34 ounces), and the pulp container can hold up to 2.6 quarts (2.5 liters) of pulp before needing to be emptied.
Is the JE98XL easy to clean?
Yes, the juicer is designed for easy cleaning. Most of the components are dishwasher safe, and the included cleaning brush helps remove pulp from the mesh filter.
What safety features does it have?
The juicer comes with a safety locking arm to prevent the juicer from operating without the cover in place. It also has overload protection to automatically shut off the motor if it gets too hot.
Can it handle whole fruits and vegetables?
The wide 3-inch feed chute allows you to feed many fruits and vegetables whole or with minimal chopping, reducing prep time.
How noisy is the JE98XL during operation?
As with many centrifugal juicers, it can be a bit noisy due to the high-speed motor and spinning blade. However, it’s generally on par with other juicers in its category.
Does it come with different speed settings?
Yes, the JE98XL has two-speed settings. The low speed is suitable for softer fruits and vegetables, while the high speed is ideal for harder produce.
What is the warranty on the Breville Juice Fountain Plus JE98XL?
Breville typically offers a 1-year limited warranty for this juicer. It’s always a good idea to check the warranty details provided with the specific unit you purchase.
For more manuals by Breville ManualsDock