About George Foreman
George Foreman, a renowned brand in kitchen electronics, is celebrated for its innovative and user-friendly products. Initially known for the iconic lean, mean, fat-reducing grilling machine, the brand has expanded to include a range of kitchen essentials like grills, blenders, and juicers. George Foreman products are designed for efficiency and health-conscious cooking, providing practical solutions for today’s culinary needs.
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse the cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact the consumer service number listed in this manual.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- To disconnect, remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Be sure removable plates are assembled and fastened properly (see ATTACHING THE PLATES).
- Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
- The appliance is only to be operated in the closed position.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated using an external timer or a separate remote-control system.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (USA/MEXICO)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
GROUNDED PLUG (CANADA)
As a safety feature, this product is equipped with a grounded plug, which will only fit into a three-prong outlet. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature. Improper connection of the grounding conductor may result in the risk of electric shock. Consult a qualified electrician if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
- If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding type
3-wire cord; and
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed in these instructions.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR GRILL
- Power indicator light
- Preheat indicator light
- Adjustable cooking hinge
- Removable grill plate (top) (Part # GRP360-01)
- Removable grill plate (bottom) (Part # GRP360-02)
- Grill plate release tabs (both sides)
- Drip tray (Part # GRP1060-03)
Note: † indicates consumer replaceable/removable parts Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
HOW TO USE
This product is for household use only.
- Remove all packing material, stickers, and the plastic band around the power plug.
- Remove and save literature.
- Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
ATTACHING THE PLATES
Important: This appliance must always be used with both cooking plates securely attached.
Caution: Attach grill plates when the appliance is cool.
- Securely attach the top grill plate using the release tabs on each side. To secure the plate, insert the tabs at the bottom of the plate into the slots closest to the hinge. Push the plate onto the grill until the release tabs snap into place.
- Securely attach the bottom grill plate using the release tabs as described in Step 1.
PREHEATING THE GRILL
- Slide the drip tray under the front of the grill.
- Close the lid and plug the cord into the outlet.
- Allow the grill to preheat for approximately 4½ minutes before grilling. When the grilling temperature is reached, the green preheat indicator light turns on.
- Using a pot holder, carefully open the lid.
Note: Aerosol cooking spray should not be used on nonstick surfaces. Chemicals that allow spray to come out of a can build up on the surface of grill plates and reduce their efficiency.
- Carefully place the foods to be cooked on a lower grilling plate. Close lid. Note: Do not overload the grill.
- Close cover and allow food to cook for the desired time. (See cooking chart.) Note: Always use heatproof plastic, nylon, or wood utensils to avoid scratching the nonstick surface of grill plates. Never use metal skewers, tongs, forks, or knives.
- When finished cooking, unplug the appliance.
- Allow the drip tray to cool before removing it from under the grill. Wash and dry the drip tray after each use. It can also be washed in the upper rack of the dishwasher.
USING ADJUSTABLE COOKING HEIGHT
This grill has a unique hinge that allows the grill cover to adjust to the thickness of the food. For even browning and cooking, when grilling more than one sandwich or piece of meat, the thickness of each must be about the same.
SUGGESTED COOKING CHART
The cooking times and temperatures in the below chart are meant to be used as a guideline only. Cooking time will depend upon the food thickness and cut being used. Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness by inserting the thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat. For reasons of personal preference, you may choose to cook food to a higher temperature.
63 ˚C (145 ˚F)
71 ˚C (160 ˚F)
76 ˚C (170 ˚F)
|Salmon Steak 6 oz
|Burgers 4 oz
|4 – 5 min.
|5 – 7 min.
|6 – 8 min.
|Chicken Breast 6 oz
|Steak 7 oz
|4 – 6 min.
|5 – 7 min.
|6 – 8 min.
CARE AND CLEANING
Caution: To avoid accidental burns, allow your grill to cool completely before cleaning. This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
- Empty the drip tray, and clean it with warm, soapy water. Wipe dry.
- To remove the plates, press the release tabs on both sides of the plates and remove them from the grill. The plates can be washed in the dishwasher or by hand with hot, soapy water; always dry the plates thoroughly before reattaching.
- Wipe the outside of the unit with a warm, wet sponge. Dry with a soft, dry cloth.
- DO NOT use steel wool, scouring pads, or abrasive cleaners on any part of the grill.
- DO NOT immerse in water or any other liquid.
- Make sure to hold the lid open by hand while cleaning to prevent accidental closing and injury.
- Any servicing requiring disassembly other than the above cleaning must be performed by a qualified service personnel.
ASIAN CHICKEN BURGERS
- Prep Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 1 hour and 15 min Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and egg white. Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat George Foreman Grill®. Place the burgers in the grill and grill for 5 minutes or until the burgers are done (160°F)
- Serve on the sesame seed buns with condiments such as low-fat peanut butter, hoisin sauce, and bean sprouts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes Serving Size: 3
- ¾ lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 6 dinner rolls, heated and sliced
- 3 slices Provolone cheese, cut in halves
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix ground beef, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, and HALF the tomato sauce in a large bowl.
- Form meat mixture into 6 meatballs; set aside.
- Attach grill plates to George Foreman® Grill. Preheat grill.
- Place the slider plate on the lower grill plate and place one meatball into each opening. Close the grill and cook for 6 min. or until done (160°F).
- For each slider, place 2 cheese slices on the bottom of the roll. Top with burgers, sauce, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Secure sliders with party picks to serve.
WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
For service, repair, or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate 800 number in this book. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail the product back to the manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this manual.
Three-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada) What does it cover?
- Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Spectrum Brands, Inc.’s liability will not exceed the purchase price of the product.
For how long?
- Three years after the date of original purchase.
What will we do to help you?
- Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
- Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
- Check our online service site at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call our toll-free number, 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
- If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
- Damage from commercial use
- Damage from misuse, abuse, or neglect
- Products that have been modified in any way
- Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
- Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
- Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
- Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
FAQS About George Foreman GRP3060B Use And Care
How do I preheat the grill?
Preheat the grill by closing the lid and setting the temperature control to the desired level. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes.
Can I use cooking sprays on the grill plates?
It’s recommended to avoid cooking sprays as they can build up on the grill plates over time. Instead, use a small amount of oil or non-stick cooking spray directly on the food.
How do I clean the grill plates?
Allow the grill to cool completely before cleaning. Wipe the grill plates with a damp cloth or sponge. Some models also have removable plates that can be washed in the sink or dishwasher.
Can I immerse the grill in water?
Generally, the electrical components of the grill should not be immersed in water. Refer to the product manual for specific cleaning instructions for your model.
What types of food can I cook on the George Foreman grill?
The grill is versatile and can cook a variety of foods, including burgers, chicken, vegetables, and more. Check the product manual for specific cooking guidelines.
How do I adjust the cooking time and temperature?
Most George Foreman grills have adjustable temperature controls. Refer to the manual for recommended settings for different types of food.
Can I use the grill indoors?
Yes, George Foreman grills are designed for indoor use. Ensure proper ventilation in the cooking area.
How do I store the grill?
Allow the grill to cool before storing it. Store it in a dry place, and if possible, keep it in an upright position.
What is the warranty on the George Foreman GRP3060B?
Warranty information can typically be found in the product manual. Check the provided documentation for details on the warranty coverage.
Can I cook frozen food on the grill?
Some George Foreman grills allow you to cook frozen food, but refer to the manual for specific guidelines on cooking times and temperatures for frozen items.
For more manuals by George Foreman ManualsDock