Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad
Before getting started, ensure the package 0011tains the following components:
Schematic drawing of case
Schematic drawing of control panel
- Reset Button
- Locking Bolts
- Battery Compartment
- Yellow Light
- Red Red Light
- Green Light
- Key Cover
Opening the Safe for the First Time
- To open the safe for the first time, remove the key cover by pressing the bottom of the cover marked with three lines.
- Insert the key and turn it counterclockwise.
- Turn the knob clockwise to open the door.
- Turn the knob counterclockwise when closing the door
- Open the safe door
- Open the battery compartment and insert 4 x AA Alkaline batteries (not included), matching them to the correct polarities
- Replace the battery cover.
If the green and yellow lights urn on when you open the door with your password, this means the battery voltage is low and you should replace the batteries.
Setting the Password
- Remove the battery cover to locate the reset button. Press the reset button. The green light on the keypad will fash two times with two beeps.
- Choosea new password (3-8 digits), enter it on the keypad and press the # key to confim.
- If the green light flashes two times together with two beeps, the new password is successfully set.
- If the red light turns on together with five beeps, the safe failed to set the new password. Repeat the steps above until successful.
Test the new password with the door open before locking the door.
Opening the Safe – Using Your Password
- Input your password (3 to 8 digits) on the keypad. Press # key to confirm.
NOTICE If you enter a wrong code, press, the red light will turn on with 5 beeps, then all your inputted codes are deleted, you can try your password again.
- If the password is correct, the green light will turn on. Rotate the knob clockwise within 5 seconds to open the door. After 5 seconds, the green light will turn off, and you will need to re-enter your password again to open the door.
- If the red light turns on together with 5 beeps, it means the password is not corect.
NOTICE The default preset password is 159″, change it immediately.
Locking the Safe
Close the door, then turn the knob counterclockwise to lock it.
Setting the Master Code
Should you forget your password, the safe can stl be accessed with the master code.
- Remove the battery cover to locate the reset button.
- With the door open, press the 0 key twice and then press the Reset button. The green light on the keypad will flash two times with two beeps.
- Input a master code of your choice (3-8 digits), then press the # key to confirm.
- If the green light flashes two times together vith two beeps, the master code is set.
- If the red light turns on together with five beeps, the safe failed to set the new master code. Repeat the steps above until successful.
Turn the Keypad Sound Off/On
- To mute beeps, press and hold for 5 seconds, the green light will flash once and then all lights will turn on for 1 second.
- Repeat above step to unmute the beeps.
- The safe will enter a 5-minute lockout if the wrong password is entered 3 consecutive times.
- After the 5-minute lockout, the green light will flash once together with 1 beep indicating the lockout period is over
- During the lockout period. you can still use the key to open the door.
Securing the Safe to a Floor or Wall
Select a stable, dry and secure location for your safe. if bolting to a wal, make sure that your safe is resting on a supporting surface (such as the floor or a shelf). Do not bolt your safe to both the floor and wall.
- Place the safe on the selected location. Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes on the floor or wall.
- Move the safe and drill 2-inch-deep mounting holes (-50 mm) using a 12 mm drill bit.
- Put the expansion bolt (included) into the mounting hole, then turn the clamping screw counterclockwise to separate.
- Move the safe back in place, align the safe over the holes. Then secure the safe with the clamping screw.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- If necessary, wipe the outside and inside of the product with a slightly damp cloth.
- Avoid contact with corosive substarces like acids, alkaline or similar substances.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product tor environmental safe recycling Used batteries must not be disposed of through household garbage, since they might contain toxic elemrents and heavy metals that can be harmful to the environment and human health.
Consumers are therefore obligated to return batteries to retail or local collection facilities free of charge. LUsed batteries will be recycled.
They contain important raw materials such as iron, zinc, manganese or nickel. The crossed-out wheelie bin symbol indicates: Batteries and rechargeable batteries must not be disposed of through household garbage
The symbols below the whelie bin indicate:
- Pb: Battery contains lead
- Cd: Battery contains cadmium
- Hg: Battery contains mercury
The packaging consists of cardboerd and correspondingly marked plastics that can be recycled. Make these materials available for recycling
FCC-Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
FCC Compliance Statement
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmiul interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive aims to minimize the impact of electrical and electronic goods on the environment, by increasing re-use and recycling and by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill. The symbol on this product or its packaging signifies that this product must be disposed separately from ordinary household wastes at its end of life. Be aware that this is your responsibility to dispose of electronic equipment at recycling centers in order to conserve natural resources. Each country should have its collection centers for electrical and electronic equipment recycling. For information about your recycling drcp off area, please contact your related electrical and electronic equipment waste management authority, your local city office, or your house hold waste disposal service.
Feedback and Help
Love it? Hate it? Let us know with a customer review.
AmazonBasics is committed to delivering customer-driven products that live up to your high standards. We encourage you to write a review sharing your experiences with the product.
- US: amazon.com/review/review-your-purchases#
- UK: amazon.co.uk/review/review-your-purchases#
- US: amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us
- UK: amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us
MADE IN CHINA
FAQs Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad
Q: What is the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad?
A: The Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad is a small safe designed to store valuables such as jewelry, documents, and cash. It is made of steel and has a programmable keypad to secure the safe.
Q: What are the dimensions of the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad?
A: The exterior dimensions of the safe are 13.8 x 9.8 x 9.8 inches, and the interior dimensions are 13.5 x 8.75 x 9.5 inches.
Q: What is the weight of the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad?
A: The safe weighs approximately 16 pounds.
Q: What items can I store in the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe with Programmable Keypad?
A: You can store various items in the safe such as jewelry, cash, documents, passports, and other valuable items.
Q: How do I program the keypad on the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe?
A: The safe comes with an instruction manual that explains how to program the keypad. Typically, you will need to enter a master code followed by a user code to set up the keypad.
Q: What happens if I forget my code for the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe?
A: If you forget your code, you can reset the safe by using the backup keys that come with the safe. You can then reprogram the keypad to set a new code.
Q: Is the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe fireproof or waterproof?
A: No, the safe is not fireproof or waterproof.
Q: Can the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe be mounted to a wall or floor?
A: Yes, the safe can be mounted to a wall or floor using the pre-drilled mounting holes and hardware that come with the safe.
Q: Does the Amazon Basics Steel Home Security Safe come with a warranty?
A: Yes, the safe comes with a one-year limited warranty from Amazon Basics.
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Amazon-Basics-Steel-Home-Security-Safe-with-Programmable-Keypad-1.pdf” download=”all”]
For more manuals by Amazon, visit ManualsDock