Tramontina adatto Digital Kitchen Scale
Tramontina is a Brazilian company that is well-known for its production of a wide range of household and kitchen products. The company was founded in 1911 in the city of Carlos Barbosa, in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Over the years, it has grown to become one of the largest and most respected manufacturers of kitchenware and other products in the world.
Tramontina’s product line includes cookware, cutlery, kitchen appliances, utensils, and a variety of other household items. The company is recognized for its commitment to producing high-quality, durable, and innovative products. Tramontina products are widely available and are used in both domestic and professional kitchens around the world.
OVERVIEW OF PRODUCT
- With a separate cutting board and tray. Easy to clean;
- Indicates the volume of water and milk;
- Two different weight units – grams and lb/oz;
- Two different liquid volume units -ml and fl oz;
- Low battery power/excess load indicator;
- High-precision strain gauge sensor;
- Tare function;
- Auto shut-off.
TO INSTALL OR REPLACE THE BATTERY
Two 1.5V AAA batteries (not included). Remove the packaging before use.
- A. Remove the used batteries with the aid of a pointed object if necessary.
- B. Install the new batteries by inserting one end of the battery and then pressing down on the other end. Always observe the correct polarity.
To switch between the weight and liquid volume modes, just briefly press the UNIT button.
SWITCHING BETWEEN MEASURING UNITS
This scale has two different measurement systems: Metric (g and ml) and Imperial (lb: oz and fl oz). Press the UNIT button to choose the working mode (weight, milk volume, water volume). To switch between the different measuring units, press and hold the UNIT button.
See below an example of the conversion of the weight measuring unit:
- When setting g as the weight unit, the default liquid unit will be ml;
- When setting lb: oz as the weight unit, the default liquid unit will be fl oz.
WEIGHING ITEMS ON THE SCALE
- Place the scale on a hard, flat surface. Set the cutting board and tray securely on the scale.
- Press ZERO to turn the scale on.
- Place the food items on the cutting board to be cut.
- Move the food to the tray to begin weighing.
- The tray can be removed after weighing is finished.
The weight will be shown on the LCD for about 2 minutes. If no more food is added to the tray, the scale will shut off automatically.
Liquid volume display mode
- Place the scale on a hard, flat surface.
- Press ZERO to turn the scale on.
- Press UNIT to select the liquid volume mode.
- Place the container on the scale to begin weighing. The weight will be displayed on the LCD display.
- Press ZERO to select the ZERO or Tare function.
- Pour the liquid into the container. The volume of the liquid will be displayed on the LCD display.
“ZERO” OR “TARE” FUNCTION
- To weigh different items consecutively without removing the previous items from the scale, place the first item on the scale and measure its weight.
- Then, press the ZERO button to reset the LCD display to “0” before placing the next item on the scale. This procedure may be repeated.
Function 1: “ZERO” function
When the total weight of all items on the scale is less than or equal to 4% of the maximum weight capacity of the scale. (4% = 200g, maximum capacity of 5000g)
The LCD will display:
“—–” or “0g” each time ZERO is pressed. “—–” means unstable, wait a moment. While “0g” is displayed, if an “o” appears in the left corner of the LCD display, it means that the “ZERO” function is activated.
The maximum capacity of the scale remains the same.
Function 2: “TARA” function
When the total weight of all items on the scale is greater than 4% of the maximum weight capacity of the scale. (4% = 200g, maximum capacity of 5000g)
The LCD will display:
“—–” or “0g” each time ZERO is pressed.” —–” means unstable, wait a moment. While “0g” is displayed, if a “TARE” icon (“T”) appears in the left corner of the LCD display, it means that the “TARE” function is activated.
The maximum capacity of the scale is reduced by the total weight of all previously weighed items.
Under this function:
By pressing ZERO, you can see the total weight of all items on the scale. If you want to weigh more items, just press ZERO to reset the LCD display to ‘0’ again.
The scale will shut off automatically if the display shows ‘0’ or the same weight is shown for two minutes.
To maximize battery life, press ZERO to turn the scale off after use.
Note: When the display shows “0”, press ZERO to turn the scale off.
When the display shows the weight reading, press ZERO for 3 seconds to turn the scale off.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- The cutting board and tray can be removed separately for cleaning.
- Clean the scale with a slightly damp cloth. DO NOT immerse the scale in water or use chemical or abrasive cleaning materials.
- All plastic parts should be cleaned immediately after being in contact with fats, spices, vinegar, and strongly flavored or colored foods. Avoid contact with acids, such as those from citrus juices.
- To ensure better weighing accuracy, place the scale on a hard, flat surface.
- DO NOT bang, shake, or drop the scale.
- This scale is a high-precision device. Handle with care.
- Always keep your scale in a horizontal position.
- This scale must be kept dry.
- Check the batteries regularly, as leaking batteries may damage the scale. Remove the battery whenever the scale is stored or not used for long periods of time.
- This scale is designed for home use and only for the purposes described in this manual. DO NOT use it for commercial purposes manual.
- Battery power is low – Replace the battery.
- Excess load. – Remove the item from the scale to avoid damage. Maximum weight capacity is indicated on the scale.
Tramontina manages the natural resources used in manufacturing its products to optimize their use, reduce waste, and, thus, minimize the environmental impacts. Learn more at: https://tramontina.com.br/sobre/responsabilidade-ambiental.
- Packaging: Our packaging materials are recyclable. Therefore, to dispose of the packaging, we recommend you separate the plastic, paper, and cardboard materials and give them to a recycling center.
- Product: This item is made of recyclable materials that can be reused. However, it cannot be discarded with ordinary household waste. Follow local recycling guidelines to dispose of household appliances correctly without damaging the environment. Consumers can help prevent potential harm to the environment and to our health. Therefore, be sure to dispose of your appliance in a proper manner that follows existing recycling guidelines.
FAQS About Tramontina adatto Digital Kitchen Scale
Does temperature impact digital scales?
one of them being the temperature
How durable are digital scales?
five to ten years
Why do digital scales offer more accuracy?
To provide more accurate measures, they use digital technologies.
Do you need a kitchen scale?
A digital food scale is among the most practical products there is.
Do kitchen scales record mass or weight?
Scales calculate weight.
How much can a kitchen scale hold?
A digital kitchen scale is useful when?
Without using additional cups or utensils, swiftly and precisely add the components to your mixing bowl.
Better kitchen scales: digital or analog?
You’ll get the maximum level of precision from a digital scale.
Why do some people weigh items on a digital kitchen scale?
sufficient in detail for the majority of bakers.
Which digital scale works best in a kitchen?
Stainless steel food scale, OXO Good Grips
For more manuals by Tramontina, Visit Manualsdock