Sony SEL35F18 35mm Prime Fixed Lens
Sony was founded in 1946 by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita, originally as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo. The company started with a focus on producing innovative consumer electronics, such as radios and tape recorders, and later expanded into various other areas, including televisions, audio equipment, cameras, video game consoles, and mobile devices.
Here are some key aspects and divisions of Sony:
- Electronics: Sony is widely recognized for its wide range of consumer electronics, including televisions, home audio systems, digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming consoles. The company has been at the forefront of technological advancements and has introduced many groundbreaking products over the years.
- Entertainment: Sony is also heavily involved in the entertainment industry. It owns and operates Sony Picture Entertainment, which produces and distributes movies and television shows globally. Additionally, Sony Music Entertainment is one of the largest music labels in the world, representing a wide array of artists across various genres.
- PlayStation: Sony’s PlayStation brand is a dominant force in the gaming industry. The PlayStation consoles, including the latest PlayStation 5, have gained immense popularity among gamers worldwide. Sony also develops and publishes a range of video games through its subsidiary, Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Imaging: Sony is a major player in the digital imaging market, producing high-quality cameras, lenses, and other imaging equipment. Its Alpha series of mirrorless cameras has garnered critical acclaim and is favored by both amateur and professional photographers.
Sony continues to innovate and expand its presence in different sectors, including virtual reality, robotics, and artificial intelligence. The company is known for its commitment to technological advancements, design excellence, and delivering high-quality products and experiences to its customers.
Notes on Use
- When carrying a camera with the lens attached, always firmly hold both the camera and the lens.
Precautions on using a flash
- When using a flash, always remove the lens hood and shoot at least 1 m (3.3 feet) away from your subject. With certain combinations of lens and flash, the lens may partially block the light of the flash, resulting in a shadow at the bottom of the picture.
- When using the lens, the corners of the screen become darker than the center. To reduce this phenomenon (called vignetting), close the aperture by 1 to 2 stops.
Identifying the Parts
- Lens hood index
- Focusing ring
- Lens contacts*
- Mounting index
* Do not touch the lens contacts.
Attaching and Detaching the Lens
To attach the lens (See illustration B-1.)
- Remove the rear and front lens caps and the camera body cap.
- You can attach/detach the front lens cap in two ways, (1) and (2).
- Align the white index on the lens barrel with the white index on the camera (mounting index), then insert the lens into the camera mount and rotate it clockwise until it locks.
- Do not press the lens release button on the camera when mounting the lens.
- Do not mount the lens at an angle.
To remove the lens (See illustration B-2.)
While holding down the lens release button on the camera, rotate the lens counterclockwise until it stops, then detach the lens.
Attaching the Lens Hood (supplied)
It is recommended that you use a lens hood to reduce flare and ensure maximum image quality.
Align the red line on the lens hood with the red line on the lens (hood index), then insert the lens hood into the lens mount and rotate it clockwise until the red point on the lens hood is aligned with the red line on the lens (hood index) and the lens hood clicks into place.
- When using a built-in camera flash or a flash supplied with the camera, remove the lens hood to avoid blocking the flashlight.
- When storing, fit the lens hood onto the lens backward.
There are three ways to focus.
- Autofocus: The camera focuses automatically.
- DMF (Direct manual focus): After the camera focuses in autofocus, you can make a fine adjustment manually.
- Manual focus: You focus manually.
For details on mode settings, refer to the instruction manual supplied with the camera.
*1 The value shown above for an equivalent 35mm-format focal length is for Interchangeable Lens Cameras equipped with an APS-C-sized image sensor.
*2 Minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the subject.
- Depending on the lens mechanism, the focal length may change with any change in shooting distance. The focal lengths given above assume the lens is focused at infinity.
Lens (1), Front lens cap (1), Rear lens cap (1), Lens hood (1), Set of printed documentation
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
FAQS About Sony SEL35F18 35mm Prime Fixed Lens
What is the purpose of the Sony 35mm 1.8 lens?
Videographers are aware that 35mm is a great focal length for capturing images.
What is the Sony 35mm 1.8 OSS’s minimum focus distance?
11.81″ / 30 cm
What is the purpose of a 35mm prime lens?
For filmmakers, 35mm prime lenses are common choices.
What is the Sony 35mm GM’s shortest focus distance?
Has the Sony 35mm 1.8 lens been image stabilized?
The 35mm f/1.8’s Optical Steady Shot (OSS) system, which is Sony’s term for optical image stabilization, is one of its standout characteristics.
Are Sony 35mm 1.8 lenses weatherproof?
The lens is water resistant.
What is the 35mm lens’s shooting distance?
The Sony 35mm 1.8 lens is how big?
This large-aperture lens weighs only 280g (9.9oz) and measures only 65.6mm in diameter by 73mm in length due to unique optical design.
What makes a prime lens prime?
The term “prime” now refers to a fixed-focal-length, or “unifocal,” lens, which is the reverse of a zoom. While a prime lens with a particular focal length is less adaptable than a zoom lens, it frequently has better optical performance, a wider maximum aperture, is lighter, and is smaller.
What is a 35mm lens’ field of view?
You get a 54.4 degree field of view with a 35mm focal length.
For more manuals by Sony, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Sony-SEL35F18-35mm-Prime-Fixed-Lens-Operating-Manual-1.pdf” download=”all”]