Shekel Healthweigh H741-00 Veterinary Scale
Shekel has been at the forefront of the digital weighing industry for the past five decades, and we continue to lead through innovation. Our combination of industry experience and innovative technology will help you tip the scales. That is Shekel-empowered gravity. Determining precise weights have always been an essential part of commerce, from ancient marketplaces to the silk road. That is why our company name is Shekel, from the ancient Hebrew word for “to weigh.”
DIGITAL VETERINARY SCALE
Congratulations on purchasing the Healthweigh™ Digital Veterinary Scale, Model H740-10. This versatile scale is designed for weighing medium-sized to small animals. The scales are equipped with movement compensation weighing technology to eliminate involuntary movement of the animal. Before attempting to operate the scale, please read this manual carefully and keep it handy for future reference.
CAUTION AND WARNING
- To prevent injury, never leave an animal unattended while on the scale.
- To prevent injury, do not transport the scale while the animal is in the weighing tray.
- For accurate animal weighing, the scale must be placed on a flat, stable surface.
- For accurate weighing, verify proper operation according to the procedure described in this manual before each use.
- Do not use in the presence of flammable materials.
- Operating at other voltages and frequencies than specified could damage the equipment.
- If the “LO BAT” indicator activates, for accurate weighing, connect the scale to an
AC power source as soon as possible.
Healthweigh™ products are the result of 30 years of technology experience and are quality-confirmed by authorities, institutes and the legal system as follows:
- ISO 9001:2000
In 1995 the manufacturer was audited and certified for ISO 9001:2000. ISO 9001 Certification recognizes the manufacturer’s quality system conforms to international standards for quality management and assurance. Repeat audits are conducted periodically to check the quality system is operated in the proper manner with consistent business processes being applied.
- ISO 13485:2003
The manufacturer was audited and certified in 2007 for ISO 13485:2003 conformity. The primary objective of ISO
13485:2003 is to facilitate harmonized medical device regulatory requirements for quality management systems.
Healthweigh™ complies with the European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive.
- Capacity & Graduation: 485lb/0.2lb / 220kg/0.1kg
- Power Requirements: Adaptor 120VAC-9VDC-50Hz / 230VAC–9VDC–50Hz
- Operating temperatures: 50°F to 95°F / 10°C to 35°C
- Storage temperatures: 32°F to 122°F / 0°C to 50°C
- Humidity: 85%
- Product Dimensions:
42″ x 22″ x 2″ / 1066 mm x 568 mm x 50mm
Movement compensation technology Tare Function (automatic & manual) Updatable firmware
RS232 Port for data transmission
Low battery indication Rechargeable battery 120V AC adaptor
230V AC adaptor (Model H740-xx mark as ‘0’)
- The Digital Veterinary Scale, model H740-10, uses sophisticated microprocessor technology. Each precision instrument is designed to provide accurate, reliable and repeatable weight measurements with features that make the weighing process simple, fast and convenient.
- The scale is set up to use motion-sensing weighing technology to determine the actual weight of an active animal. Weight is displayed on the indicator in either pounds or kilograms.
- The scale includes a specially designed removable rubber mat for easy cleaning.
The scales operate either on a rechargeable battery or an AC adaptor.
This H710-10 digital veterinary scale has been calibrated at the factory. It is shipped in four parts: the base assembly, display assembly, rubber mat and rubber feet.
- Take the H740-10 Veterinary scale out of the packaging. Remove each piece from its packing material and unwrap carefully to prevent scratching the unit’s parts.
- Tilt scale on its side and screw in the four legs into the base of the scale
- Turn the base assembly right side up.
- Place the display unit on a table or mount it on the wall.
- Place the rubber mat on the base assembly, inside the designated frame.
- To operate using the AC adaptor, insert the AC adaptor cable into the back of the indicator and the AC adaptor plug in to a power source. The rechargeable batteries automatically go into recharge mode when the AC adaptor is connected to the power source.
When the cable is inserted into the power source the LED lights up red (to the left-hand side of the cable on the back of the indicator). When the battery is completely recharged the LED changes from red to green.
- To turn on the scale, press the ON-OFF/ZERO key, and 0.0 lb/kg will appear on the display.
- Place the animal to be weighed on the scale. The display will show “WEIGH,” then the animal’s weight. Two arrows will appear on either side of the display and the scale will beep to indicate the end of the weighing process.
- To reweigh the animal, press the REWEIGH key.
- To change the display from pounds to kilograms, and vice versa, press the kg-lb key.
- To turn off the scale, press and hold the ON-OFF/ZERO key for at least three seconds.
Using the Tare Function
The Tare function is used to deduct accompanying weight (such as collar or bandaging attached to the animal). Tare function can be set either manually or automatically:
- The scale display must show 0.0lb/kg on the right-hand side of the display and ZERO in the upper left-hand corner.
- Press the BMI/tare key for 3 seconds and release immediately once the tArE (tare) message flashes on the display.
- A 33lb /15.0 kg default value will appear which can be increased or decreased (according to the weight of the product) by pressing on the last two keys.
- The upward arrow increases the value, and the downward arrow decreases the value.
- Once you have reached the weight value required press the BMI/tare key and the programmed value will appear with a minus sign next to it.
Continue with the weighing process as required. To cancel the manual tare operation, remove all weight from the scale and press the Tare key for 3 seconds and release immediately.
- With the scale set to 0.0lb/kg, place the extra load on the scale. The display shows “WEIGH,” and then the weight of the load.
- Press and hold the TARE key for three seconds. The display returns to 0.0lb/kg and “TARE” appears on the left side of the display.
- Remove the load from the scale. The weight of the load appears with a minus symbol to the left.
- Place the animal on the scale with the load. The display then shows the animal’s weight without the weight of the load.
- The weight of the load remains stored in memory, so you can continue to weigh animals with the same tare weight..
- To cancel the tare weight, remove all weight from the scale, and press the TARE key again. “TARE” then disappears from the display. The tare weight is also cancelled when the scale is turned off.
This section provides instructions for maintenance, cleaning, troubleshooting and operator replaceable parts for the Digital Veterinary Scale Model H740-10. Maintenance operations other than those described in this section should be performed by qualified service personnel.
Before first use and after periods of non-use, check the scale for proper operation and function. If the scale does not operate correctly, refer to qualified service personnel.
- Check the overall appearance of the total scale for any obvious damage, wear and tear.
- Inspect AC adaptor for cord cracking or fraying or for broken or bent prongs.
Proper care and cleaning is essential to ensure a long life of accurate and effective operation. Before you begin cleaning, disconnect the scale from the AC power source.
- Clean all external surfaces with a clean damp cloth or tissue. Mild soap and water solution may be used. Dry with a clean soft cloth.
- Do not immerse the scale into cleaning or other liquid solution.
- Do not use Isopropyl Alcohol or other solutions to clean the display surface.
Refer to the following instructions to check and correct any failure before contacting service personnel.
Scales with OIML Class III compliance have a seal to prevent any unauthorized person from performing calibration.
The calibration sequence is conducted as follows:
EXPLODED VIEW OF SCALE
Shekel Healthweigh™ scales are warranted from date of purchase against defects of materials or of workmanship for a period of one (1) year. The warranty does not cover the movable parts: batteries, cables, mains unit, rechargeable batteries or any other movable part. The original purchaser of the product must have proof of purchase to receive warranty service. Shekel dealers or retail stores selling Shekel products do not have the right to modify or in any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty.
Your warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following:
- negligent use or misuse of the product;
- use on improper voltage or current;
- use contrary to the operating instructions;
- abuse including tampering; damage in transit;
- or unauthorized repair or alterations.
The warranty does not cover repairs necessitated by any damage to or destruction of the system where such damage or destruction is: a result of “Force Majeure” such as (fire or explosion of any origin; riot; civil commotion; aircraft; war; including: Acts of God such as lightning, hail, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes etc.); damage or caused by customers misuse or abuse of the system.
Call your local dealer for warranty conditions and service. To obtain warranty service, make sure you keep your sales receipt or document showing proof of purchase.
Shekel Electronic Scales
Kibbutz Beit Keshet, MP Lower Galilee, Israel 15247
Tel: +972 4 662 9100
FAQS About Shekel Healthweigh H741-00 Veterinary Scale
How precise are veterinary scales?
Compared to the typical digital scale you use at home, vet scales are more accurate.
What is a veterinary scale?
Scales for veterinarians can weigh both tiny and large animals, including domestic pets and livestock.
Large creatures are weighted in what ways?
substantial animal scales
What is a classification of scale?
Nominal Scale is one of the four categories of scales. Normative Scale. Temporal Scale. Scale of ratios.
What factors define scale?
the ratio of two sets of dimensions
What function does scale serve in medicine?
Without getting out of bed, take measures as little as your body fat percentage or as large as the weight of a patient who is bedridden.
Which animal is the heaviest?
elephants in Africa
Can a scale be reset?
The scale will return to zero when you press the ON/OFF button.
How do scales measure weight?
a mechanical balance or scales
Which scale is the most straightforward way to measure?
For more manuals by Shekel, Visit Manualsdock