Samyang 24mm Wide Angle Cine Lens for Sony
Samyang is a South Korean company known for producing a wide range of photographic and optical equipment, particularly camera lenses. They are often recognized for their manual focus lenses and have gained popularity among photographers and videographers for their high-quality, affordable options.
- Please read this instruction manual and familiarize yourself with the functions of the lens, the operating method, and the precautions for handling the product correctly before use. Also, refer to the instruction manual of the camera you are using with the lens.
- The supported functions of this product may vary according to the camera model.
- For detailed compatibility information, visit the certified service center or make inquiries on the message board on our homepage.
Name of Each Part
- Focus ring
- Custom switch
- Focus hold button
- Tally lamp
- Filter mounting screw
- Accessories signal contact
- Accessories fixing mount
- Lens mount index (Tally lamp)
- Lens signal contact
*The focus ring (1) can be used for different functions, such as aperture adjustment, depending on the position of the custom switch (2)
Lens Installation and Detachment
- Attaching the lens
• Remove the front and rear caps of the lens.
• Align the mount index indicated on the lens with the lens mount index indicated on the camera mount, then rotate the lens clockwise until a clicking sound occurs.
- Detaching the lens
• With the camera lens-detaching button pressed, detach the lens by rotating it counterclockwise until the lens stops.
Mounting the Filter
- A filter can be mounted on the filter mounting screw at the front of the lens.
• If two or more filters are mounted at the same time, vignetting may occur.
• Check if the filter size is compatible with the lens (refer to “Product specifications”) and then mount it at the front of the lens.
Mounting the Accessories
- V-AF accessories can be mounted using the mount on the front of the lens.
How to use the focus hold button
- This button can fix the focus when the AF mode is selected as the camera focusing method.
- The user can also assign other desired functions to the focus hold button through the menu setting on the camera body.
Using the Custom Switch
- Use the custom switch to set the focus ring to control functions such as aperture adjustment.
• MODE 1: Works as a focus adjustment function (when the focusing mode of the camera is set to MF or DMF)
• MODE 2: Works as an aperture adjustment function (when the focusing mode of the camera is set to AF)
- Do not look at the sun or other strong light through the lens or camera. Doing so may cause blindness.
- Do not store the lens without a lens cap in a location with direct sunlight, such as inside a vehicle. Direct sunlight passing through the lens may be concentrated, causing a fire.
- Keep the lens out of the reach of children. Failure to do so may cause an accident or personal injury.
Cautions for Use
- In order to use the lens safely, attach or detach the lens while the camera is turned off.
- Be careful not to touch or contaminate the front of the lens or the mount contact. If electronic signals are not transmitted between the camera and the lens smoothly, a malfunction may occur.
- Do not apply excessive force to the lens when attached to the camera. Doing so may cause damage to the lens and/or camera mounts.
- It is recommended to use a strong tripod. If a weak tripod is used, the tripod may fall, damaging the camera and/or the lens.
- If the lens is placed in a hot location, damage or distortion may occur, resulting in performance problems.
- Take care not to get the lens wet with water or other liquids, and store the lens in a dry place with ventilation.
- If the lens is wet or if you use the lens with wet hands, product failure, fire, or electric shock may occur.
- Avoid direct sunlight, and do not store the lens near naphthalene or mothballs.
- Avoid using the lens in a location with drastic temperature changes. In particular, if you move a lens that has been chilled in a cold location to a warm location, moisture in the air may be concentrated outside or inside the lens, causing a failure or the production of mold. In such a case, keep the lens in a plastic bag or an exclusive camera bag and take it out when the temperature of the lens becomes similar to the peripheral temperature.
- If the lens surface gets dirty, dust it off using a lens blower or a brush and wipe it with a clean soft cloth (cleaning tissue, cotton cloth, etc.).
- When dusting or cleaning the lens, use ethanol or lens cleaner, and do not use organic solvents such as thinner, alcohol, or benzene.
- The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object.
- The size and weight in the specification exclude the front/rear caps and hood.
- The product specifications and exterior are subject to change without notice.
FAQS About Samyang 24mm Wide Angle Cine Lens for Sony
What is the Samyang 24mm’s minimum focus distance?
How close to a topic should a 24mm lens be?
5 to 6 feet tall
What is the Sony 24mm’s minimum focus distance?
What is the 24mm field of view?
On a full frame camera, a 24mm lens provides 84 degrees of vision.
Is a 24mm lens wide?
A reasonably wide angle of view, 84 degrees, is covered by 24mm (16mm).
Why is a 24mm lens used?
a fixed or prime lens.
Is a 24mm lens wide-angle?
Standard wide-angle focal lengths are thought to be between 35mm and 24mm.
A 24mm lens is what kind of lens?
How fast should I shutter my 24mm lens?
A fraction of a second
Can I take portraits with a 24mm lens?
A 24 mm lens is also excellent for cramming your subject’s entire body into a small location where you are unable to utilize a longer focal length.
For more manuals by Samyang, Visit Manualsdock