Rokinon AF 14mm Auto Focus Lens for Canon
Rokinon is a brand known for manufacturing camera lenses and other optical equipment. It is part of the Samyang Optics Company, which is a South Korean optical equipment manufacturer. Rokinon lenses are often praised for their affordability and good optical quality, making them a popular choice among photographers and videographers, especially those on a budget.
Thank you for purchasing the Rokinon AF 14mm F2.8 lens. It is a high-performance prime autofocus optic designed exclusively for Canon EF
mount Interchangeable lens cameras.
Please note that supported functions may vary according to the camera model. For Canon EOS-M mirrorless cameras an adapter is required.
- It will provide optimal quality still images and video with both Canon Full Frame and APS-C image sensor cameras.
- Its ultra-wide view, performance, and image quality compete with the best in its class.
- UMC anti-reflective coatings, one ED, two high precision Aspherical, and four High Refractive Index elements combine to minimize aberrations and increase sharpness and contrast.
- The AF (autofocus) function is optimized for fast and precise focus detection with the latest Full Frame high pixel count Canon DSLRs.
- Its size, shape, and grip have been ergonomically designed for enhanced stability and comfortable use.
- The refined all-metal design combines a luxurious look with excellent durability.
- It maintains excellent distortion control and resolution from the center to the edges of the frame.
To maintain your safety and prevent damage to the lens, please fully familiarize yourself with the following:
- Do not look directly at the sun through the lens as it may seriously impair your vision.
- Do not apply excessive force when attaching the lens to the camera as it may cause damage to the lens or your camera.
- The lens is a precision optical product, so dropping or excessive impact may cause product failure.
- Attach or detach the lens only while the camera is turned off.
- Be careful not to touch or contaminate the gold contacts on the mount as it can adversely affect communication with the camera.
- Protect the lens from water, high humidity, and excessive heat.
- Always store the lens with the lens cap on in a dry and well-ventilated location out of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight passing through the lens could become concentrated enough to cause a fire.
- Avoid subjecting the lens to drastic temperature changes such as moving from a very cold outdoor location to a warm indoor location. This can cause moisture in the air to condense inside or on the outside of the lens and lead to failure or mold production. Before taking the lens indoors from a cold outdoors location, put the lens in a plastic bag or sealed camera bag and remove it only when the lens has warmed up to room temperature.
- It is extremely important before cleaning to dust off the lens surface using a lens blower or a soft brush to remove any foreign particles or grit that could scratch the lens.
- Using a clean microfiber lens cloth, gently wipe the lens in a circular motion from the center outwards towards the edges of the glass.
- If stubborn spots remain, put only one or two small drops of ethanol or reputable lens cleaner on the microfiber cloth and repeat the circular cleaning process. DO NOT USE AN ORGANIC SOLVENT SUCH AS PAINT THINNER, ALCOHOL, OR BENZENE.
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Warranty Card
- Softlens pouch
- Instruction manual
Attaching the lens
- Remove the rear lens cap and the camera body cap.
- Align the index mark (white dot on the lens barrel/red dot on the lens mount) with the index mark (dot) on the lens mount of the camera.
- Do not press the lens release button on the camera when mounting the lens.
- Insert the lens into the camera mount and rotate it clockwise until it “clicks” and locks in place. Do not insert the lens at an angle.
- Remove the front lens cap when you are ready to shoot. Detaching the lens
- Attach the front lens cap.
- While holding down the lens release button on the camera body, rotate the lens counterclockwise until it stops and separate the lens from the body.
- Attach the rear lens cap.
- Built-In Hood
- Manual focus ring
- Lens mount
- White index mark
- Red index mark
- AF/ Manual switch
Canon of focusing. For detailed information regarding the available focus mode settings for your particular model, refer to the instruction manual of your camera.
- Set the AF/MF switch to “AF” for auto-focus operation.
- For manual focus operation set the switch to “M”. Manual Focus allows you instead of the camera to adjust the focus by rotating the manual focus ring on the lens. Manual focus is effective when autofocus does not work well.
- The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object.
- The product specifications and exterior are subject to change without notice.
Elite Brands Inc.
New York, NY 10005
Toll Free: 800.441.1100
ROKINON® is owned and operated solely by Elite Brands Inc.
FAQS About Rokinon AF 14mm Auto Focus Lens for Canon
How is the Rokinon 14mm focused?
Utilizing a faraway bright object is recommended.
Have Rokinon optics been autofocused?
Rokinon will include imaging-optimized components into autofocus lenses.
What can you use a 14mm lens for?
Samyang 14mm F2. 8 lenses are excellent for astrophotography, cityscapes, interiors, and architectural photography.
What is a 14mm lens’ field of view?
On full-frame cameras, the Rokinon 14mm lens has a remarkable 115.7° angle of view, and on APS-C cameras, it offers a 93.9° angle of view.
What is the angle of a 14mm lens?
view of 115.7 degrees.
Is a 14mm Rokinon full frame?
A full-frame digital camera can use it.
Are 14mm contacts a decent size?
The typical diameter of a contact lens is 14mm.
Is a 14mm lens suitable for taking real estate photos?
When standing against a wall in a very small interior space, you’ll typically only need to go wider (16mm, 14mm, or 11mm!) to “fit in” as much of the available space.
In a landscape, is 14mm too wide?
The wide-angle focal length range is typically thought of as 14 to 35mm.
What is the lens’s temperature?
For more manuals by Rokinon, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Rokinon-AF-14mm-Auto-Focus-Lens-for-Canon-Insyruction-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]