Pyle PLCM18BC License Plate Rear View Camera
Pyle is a well-known consumer electronics company that specializes in manufacturing a wide range of audio equipment and accessories. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Brooklyn, New York. Pyle Audio has built a reputation for producing affordable and quality audio products, catering to various consumer needs.
Please read all of the installation instructions carefully before installing the product. Improper installation will void the manufacturer’s warranty. The installation instructions do not apply to all types of vehicles and are written as guidelines to assist in installing the system. Please consult an experienced technician if you are not comfortable installing the product. Prior to using and installing the Backup Camera System, please read the safety information provided in this user manual. Be sure to use the product as outlined in this user manual. Altercation or modifications carried out without appropriate authorization may invalidate the user’s right to operate the equipment.
WARNING: Failure to read and follow these warnings and instructions may result in serious injury, including damaged property, so please pay close attention and exhibit the utmost care.
- The Digital Backup Rear View Camera is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting potentially hazardous driving conditions, obstructions, and large stationary objects. You, the driver, must also remember to drive safely and properly. Use of the Digital Backup Camera is not a substitute for safe, proper, and legal driving practices.
- Never back up while looking only at your connected monitor display screen. You should always check behind and around the vehicle when backing up just as you would if the vehicle did not have the Digital Backup Camera. Always make sure your driving area is clear. Always back up slowly and with caution.
- Never depend on the Backup Camera entirely when backing up. The image on the monitor display screen may be slightly different from actual and real-time conditions. Objects viewed in the rearview monitor differ from actual distances because a wide-angle lens is used. So use the camera as an aid and always follow intended driving practices to properly judge distances from objects.
- The Backup Camera’s assisted low lux lighting performance feature is also an aid to a driver. Always use your own eyes to confirm the vehicle’s surroundings, as the displayed image may be not well-lit or not entirely visible. Always proceed with caution and perform double-checks before proceeding.
- The area displayed by the Backup Camera is limited. It does not display objects that are close to or just below the bumper, underneath the vehicle or objects out of the camera’s view. The camera’s view can change according to your vehicle’s orientation on the road or changing road conditions.
- Be sure to check the camera is properly functioning, properly positioned, and securely mounted, every time you operate your vehicle.
- Make sure your trunk or hatch operates correctly, as intended, before and after installation.
- Proceed with caution when cleaning your vehicle around the camera. Avoid excess water exposure around the camera, especially with spraying or a power washer.
- Please make sure to keep the Rear View camera clean and unobstructed from any debris
- Follow all traffic laws and motor vehicle regulations.
- Consult local laws and regulations for any restrictions on installation or use.
- Using a Backup Camera System is not adequate enough to completely eliminate a vehicle’s blind spot. Always remember to drive with caution, following all traffic laws.
System Installation and Wiring
Note: Camera System installation on diesel vehicles may require a slightly different wiring install.
Caution: Connecting to other types of electrical systems will cause damage to your vehicle. Please contact the manufacturer if you are unaware of the system type in your vehicle. Refer to the model’s power requirements prior to connection and installation.
This rearview backup camera system comes with a camera and installation wiring. When installing, the camera is preferably to be mounted in the rear of your vehicle (just above the license plate). This kit includes necessary wiring and cable connector accessories sufficient for typical connections. However, additional accessory cables and installation materials may be necessary for a completely secure and operational backup camera performance.
Connect the camera to the using the included DC 12V power cable. Connect the DC 12V power cable to the positive 12V reverse tail light in the rear of your vehicle. Then, connect the black wire, of the DC 12V power cable, and ground properly. This connected power and ground cable then connects to the camera and will supply power to the camera directly. Next, use the included yellow RCA video connector cable, and run that cable from the yellow RCA video connector jack of the camera to the yellow video connector of your compatible display monitor.
The yellow RCA cable when connected, automatically retrieves the video signal when activated (when your vehicle is switched into the reverse gear).
- Locate the reverse taillight wiring behind your vehicle’s reverse light. You may need to remove an interior panel or other cover, in order to locate the wiring. Connect the included power 12V DC power cable to the reverse light.
- Connect the power cable’s Red wire to your vehicle’s reverse light positive wire.
- Connect the power cable’s Black wire to your vehicle’s reverse light negative wire.
- Connect the camera to this ‘reverse light’ connection installation, then mount the camera in the desired location.
- Run the RCA video cable from the camera to your compatible video display monitor.
* Please remember to run cables in the least obtrusive route possible. Vehicle vibrations and bumpy driving conditions can result, so extra care should be taken to securely mount the camera and fasten all cables and wiring to secure locations.
* Ensure the wires are safely and securely connected, with proper isolation applied to all connections.
- Determine the best location for the camera (The camera is preferably mounted just above the license plate).
- Be sure when running the connection cables to leave a small amount of slack so you can still move the camera around the license plate if you decide to adjust the camera’s positioning at a later time.
After installation, Test the camera before use. Placing your vehicle in reverse should provide a picture in the monitor within the rearview mirror assembly.
Our Verdicts on Pyle PLCM18BC License Plate Rear View Camera
The Pyle PLCM18BC License Plate Rear View Camera is a game-changer when it comes to vehicle safety and convenience. Here are its key highlights and reasons why it’s a must-have:
- Enhanced Visibility: This camera provides a wide-angle, high-resolution view of the area behind your vehicle, eliminating blind spots and significantly improving visibility while reversing or parking.
- Easy Installation: Designed to mount easily on the license plate, installation is straightforward, requiring minimal tools and expertise. It seamlessly integrates with most vehicle types.
- Weatherproof Design: Built to withstand various weather conditions, the PLCM18BC is durable and reliable, ensuring functionality regardless of rain, snow, or extreme temperatures.
- Night Vision Capabilities: Equipped with night vision technology, it offers clear visibility even in low-light conditions, enhancing safety during nighttime driving or in poorly lit areas.
- Compact and Discreet: Its compact size and discreet design blend seamlessly with your vehicle’s aesthetics, without compromising its functionality.
- Versatile Compatibility: Compatible with a wide range of vehicle models, this camera serves as a universal solution for enhanced rear-view visibility.
- Safety and Accident Prevention: By providing a clear view of obstacles, pedestrians, or other vehicles behind your car, it helps prevent accidents and minimizes the risk of collisions.
Why You Should Consider It:
- Safety First: Investing in the PLCM18BC prioritizes safety, reducing the chances of accidents while maneuvering in reverse.
- Ease of Use: Its simple installation and user-friendly design make it an ideal choice for vehicle owners seeking a hassle-free solution for better rear-view visibility.
- Cost-Effective: The camera offers an affordable way to upgrade your vehicle’s safety features, potentially saving you from costly repairs due to accidents.
- Peace of Mind: Having a clear view of your surroundings instills confidence while driving, particularly in crowded areas or tight parking spaces.
Whether you’re a new driver looking for added safety or a seasoned one seeking convenience, the Pyle PLCM18BC License Plate Rear View Camera is a valuable addition to any vehicle. Its affordable price, ease of installation, and significant safety benefits make it a smart investment for a safer, more confident driving experience.
FAQS About Pyle PLCM18BC License Plate Rear View Camera
How reliable are backup cameras?
The majority of cameras only offer an 80-degree field of vision from behind the car.
What kind of mirror does the back view camera use?
How crucial is the rearview camera?
Every car should have a rear view camera, which might save 58 to 69 lives annually.
Can a camera in a rearview mirror record?
Additionally, when you are driving, you may use them to keep an eye on and record what is going on around you.
What is the camera’s angle on the rearview mirror?
What distinguishes a mirror from a back view camera?
Comparing cameras to conventional rearview mirrors, there are several benefits.
Is installing a rear view camera challenging?
It’s simple to install backup cameras.
What distinguishes the main camera from the rear camera?
The primary camera utilized for taking images is the back-facing camera, which almost usually has a greater megapixel count than a front-facing camera.
How durable are backup cameras?
Both 10 years and 10 days are acceptable lengths.
How does the rearview camera function?
Images from a camera mounted to the back of the car are shown on an LCD screen integrated into the rearview mirror.
For more manuals by Pyle, Visit Manualsdock