Panasonic LUMIX S5II Mirrorless Camera
Panasonic Corporation is a multinational electronics company headquartered in Osaka, Japan. It was founded in 1918 by Konosuke Matsushita and originally started as a vendor of duplex lamp sockets. Over the years, Panasonic has grown into one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world, offering a wide range of products and services.
Panasonic‘s business operations span various sectors, including consumer electronics, home appliances, automotive, industrial solutions, and B2B solutions. The company is known for its innovation and has a strong focus on research and development.
Dear Customer, Thank you for choosing Panasonic! You have purchased one of the most sophisticated and reliable products on the market today. Used properly, we’re sure it will bring you and your family years of enjoyment. Please take time to fill in the information below. The serial number is on the tag located on the underside of your camera. Be sure to retain this manual as a convenient camera information source Please note that the actual controls and components, menu items, etc. of your Digital Camera may look somewhat different from those shown in the illustrations in this Owner’s Manual.
Information for Your Safety
- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or product damage,
- Do not expose this unit to rain, moisture, dripping, or splashing.
- Use only the recommended accessories.
- Do not remove covers.
- Do not repair this unit by yourself. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES ONLY IN THE CANADA
Certification and Compliance See Camera for the certification and compliance mark specific to that device.
- Select [Wi-Fi] in the [Setup] menu
- Select [Wi-Fi Setup] in the [Wi-Fi]
- Press to select [Approved Regulations], and press [MENU/SET]
- CAN ICES-003/B) / NMB-003/B)
- Contains IC: 772C-I BEE5771PJ
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- his device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The available scientific evidence does not show that any health problems are associated with using low-power wireless devices. There is no proof, however, that these low-power wireless devices are safe. Low power Wireless devices emit low levels of radio frequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while being used. Whereas high levels of RF can produce health effects (by heating tissue), exposure to low-level RF that does not produce heating effects causes no known adverse health effects. Many studies of low-level RF exposures have not found any biological effects. Some studies have suggested that some biological effects might occur, but such findings have not been confirmed by additional research. DC-S5M2 (HMN is 1PJ2201) has been tested and found to comply with ISED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets RSS-102 of the ISED radio frequency (R) Exposure rules.
About the battery pack
Battery pack (Lithium-ion battery pack
- Use the specified unit to recharge the battery pack.
- Do not use the battery pack with equipment other than the specified unit.
- Do not get dirt, sand, liquids, or other foreign matter on the terminals.
- Do not touch the plug terminals (+ and -) with metal objects.
- Do not disassemble, remodel, heat, or throw into fire.
- If any electrolyte should come into contact with your hands or clothes, wash it off thoroughly with water.
- If any electrolyte should come into contact with your eyes, never rub the eyes. Rinse eyes thoroughly with water, and then consult a doctor.
- The a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- When disposing of the batteries, please contact your local authorities or dealer and ask for the correct method of disposal.
- Do not heat or expose to flame.
- Do not leave the battery(jes) in a car exposed to direct sunlight for a long period with doors and windows closed.
- Do not be exposed to low air pressure at high altitudes.
- Do not be exposed to extremely low air pressure, as this may result in explosions or leakage of flammable liquids and gases.
Risk of fire, explosion, and burns. Do not disassemble, heat above 60 °C (140 °F), or incinerate.
About the AC adaptor (supplied)
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or product damage,
- Do not install or place this unit in a bookcase, built-in cabinet, or in another confined space. Ensure this unit is well-ventilated.
- The AC adaptor is in the standby condition when the mains plug is connected. The primary circuit is always “live” as long as the main plug is connected to an electrical outlet.
This AC adaptor operates on AC between 110 V and 240 V. But
- In the U.S.A. and Canada, the AC adaptor must be connected to a 120 V AC power supply only.
- When connecting to an AC supply outside of the U.S.A. or Canada, use a plug adaptor to suit the AC outlet configuration.
- Do not use any other USB connection cables except the one supplied with the camera or the Battery Charger (DMW-BTC15: optional).
- Always use a genuine Panasonic Shutter Remote Control (DMW-RS2: optional).
- Always use a genuine Panasonic Tripod Grip (DMW-SHGR1: optional).
- Use a Premium High-Speed HDMI cable (Type A-Type A plug, up to 1.5 m (4.9 feet) long). Do not use headphone cables with a length of 3 m (9.8 feet) or more.
- Do not use stereo microphone cables with a length of 3 m (9.8 feet) or more
Product numbers correct as of January 2023
- This is attached to the camera at the time of purchase.
- This is supplied with Lens Kit DC-S5M2K.
- This is supplied with a Double Lens Kit DC-S5M2W.
- This is attached to the lens at the time of purchase.
- This is supplied with Lens Kit DC-S5M2C.
- If any accessories are lost, customers in Canada should visit our support page at www.panasonic.ca/english/support for further information about obtaining replacement parts
Names of Important Parts
- Mode dial
- Camera on/off switch
- Rear dial
- Charging light/Network connection light
- Video rec. button
- [WB] (White balance) button
[ISO1 (ISO sensitivity) button
[E] (Exposure compensation) button
- Front dial
- Shutter button
- Preview button
- Lens lock pin (Lens fitting mark)
- Lens release button
- Hot shoe (hot shoe cover)
- Drive mode dial
- Shoulder strap eyelet
- Self-timer light/AF assist light
- [MIC] socket
- Headphone socket
- HDMI socket
- USB port
- [LVF] button
- [[>1 (Playback) button
- [TE I (AF mode) button
- Monitor/Touch screen
- Battery grip connector (cover for this battery grip connector)
- Focus mode lever
- AF ON] button
- [Q1 (Quick menu) button
- Control dial ( ® ) Cursor buttons (A [MENU/SET] button (
- Card door
- [DISP.1 button
- [ * ] (Cancel) button/ [TiT 1 (Delete) button
- DC coupler cover
- Battery door
- Battery door release lever
- [REMOTE] socket
- Card slot 1
- Card access light 1
- Card slot 2
- Card access light 2
Attaching the Shoulder Strap
Attach a shoulder strap to the camera with the following procedure to prevent it from dropping.
Charging the Battery
- Set the camera on/off switch to [OFF].
- Insert the batter into the camera.
- Connect the camera USB port and the AC adaptor using the USB connection cable.
- Connect the AC adaptor to an electrical outlet.
- The charging light turns red and charging begins.
- The charging light turns off when charging is complete.
- Charging time Approx. 220 min
- Using the camera body and the supplied AC adaptor.
- The battery that can be used with the camera is DMW-BLK22. (As of January 2023)
- Always use genuine Panasonic batteries (DMW-BLK22).
- If you use other batteries, we cannot guarantee the quality of this product.
- For charging, use this camera or the Battery Charger (DMW-BTC15: optional) and the items supplied with them.
- Do not use any other AC adaptors except the one supplied with the camera or the Battery Charger (DMW-BTC15: optional).
- Even when the camera on/off switch is set to OFF] thus turning the camera off, consumes power. When the camera will not be used for a long time, remove the power plug from the electrical outlet to save power.
Inserting Cards (Optional)
You can use SD memory cards with this camera.
- For information on memory cards with confirmed operation, check the following support site: https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/index.html (English only)
- Match the orientation of the cards as shown in the figure and then insert them firmly until they click
- To remove a card, confirm that the corresponding card access light has turned off, push the card until it clicks, then pull the card out straight. Format the cards with the camera before use.
- * [ /] * (  ] * Select (Card Format)
Attaching a Lens
The lens mount of this camera is compliant with the L-Mount standard of Leica Camera AG.
- Refer to catalogs/websites for information regarding supported lenses. https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/index.html (English only)
- – Attaching commercially available accessories that do not comply with the L-Mount standard may lead to operation failure or malfunction of the camera. If a failure or malfunction occurs due to this cause, the warranty will be void.
- When removing the lens or body cap, rotate while pressing the lens release button.
Setting the Clock (When Turning On for the First Time)
When you turn the camera on for the first time, a screen to set the time zone and clock appear. Follow the message to make the settings.
- Rotate the mode dial to select the recording mode ([iA]/[P]/[A]/[S]/[M]).
- Press the shutter button halfway (press it gently) to focus.
- Press the shutter button fully (press it further) to take pictures.
- Rotate the mode dial to select the recording mode.
- Press the video rec. button to start recording.
- Press the video rec. button again to end the recording.
Playing Back Images
Cautions for Use
Firmware of Your Camera/Lens
Firmware updates may be provided to improve camera capabilities or to add functionality.
- For the latest information on the firmware or to download/update the firmware, visit the following
support site: https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/index4.html (English only)
Splash Resistant is a term used to describe an extra level of protection this camera offers against exposure to a minimal amount of moisture, water, or dust. Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with water. To minimize the possibility of damage please be sure the following precautions are taken:
- – Splash Resistant works in conjunction with the lenses that were specifically designed to support this feature.
- – Securely close the doors, contact points cover, etc.
- – When the lens or cap is removed or a door is open, do not allow sand, dust, and moisture to enter inside.
- – If liquid gets on the camera, wipe it off with a dry soft cloth.
Be sure to Perform Trial Recording in Advance
Be sure to perform a trial recording in advance to check that the recording can be performed normally. Please note that compensation cannot be provided if recording cannot be performed due to a problem with the camera or a card.
Be Careful about Copyrights
Under copyright law, you may not use the images and audio you have recorded without the permission of the convright holder
Keep this unit as far away as possible from electromagnetic equipment (such as microwave ovens, TVs, video games, etc.).
- If you use this unit on top of or near a TV, the pictures and/or sound on this unit may be disrupted by electromagnetic wave radiation.
- Do not use this unit near cell phones because doing so may result in noise adversely affecting the pictures and/or sound.
- Recorded data may be damaged, or pictures may be distorted, by strong magnetic fields created by speakers or large motors.
- Electromagnetic wave radiation may adversely affect this unit, disturbing the pictures and/or sound.
- If this unit is adversely affected by electromagnetic equipment and stops functioning properly, turn this unit off and remove the battery or disconnect the AC adaptor. Then reinsert the battery or reconnect the AC adaptor and turn this unit on.
- Do not use this unit near radio transmitters or high-voltage lines.
If you record near radio transmitters or high-voltage lines, the recorded pictures and/or sound may be adversely affected
* Wi-Fi® Function
The use of the Wi-Fi function of the camera is presumed to be in countries where it is sold. There is the risk that the camera violates the radio wave regulations if used in countries other than those where it is sold, and Panasonic takes no responsibility for any violations.
- Please be advised that Panasonic is not liable for any damage directly or indirectly caused by the use or malfunction of this product. •
- Please be advised that Panasonic is not liable for any damage to data caused by this product.
- The external design and specifications of this product, as described in this document, may differ from the actual product due to improvements made.
The specifications are subject to change for performance enhancement.
Digital camera body (DC-S5M2): Information for your safety
AC adaptor (Panasonic VSK0815F): Information for your safety
Battery pack (lithium-ion) (Panasonic DMW-BLK22): Information for your safety
The symbols on this product (including the accessories) represent the following:
Trademarks and Licenses
- L-Mount is a trademark or registered trademark of Leica Camera AG.
- SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States HIGH-DEFINITION MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE and other countries.
- USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered sales trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
- The USB Type-C° Charging Trident Logos are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
- The SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps Trident Logo is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum, Inc. QuickTime
- QuickTime and the QuickTime logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc., used under license therefrom.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, HEAdvance VC Inc. and any use of such marks by Panasonic Holdings Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Wi-Fi®” is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®
- “WPAT*, “WPA2™”, and “WPA3™” are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED. Other names, company names, and product names mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies concerned.
At least three (3) years from delivery of this product, Panasonic will give to any third party who contacts us at the contact information provided below, for a charge no more than our cost of physically performing source code distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code covered under GPL V2.0 or LGPL V2.1, as well as the respective copyright notice thereof.
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The source code and the copyright notice are also available for free on our website below. https://panasonic.net/cns/oss/index.html
This product is licensed under the AVC Patent Portfolio License for the personal use of a consumer or other uses for which it does not receive remuneration to
- encode video in compliance with the AVC Standard (“AVC Video*) and/or
- decode AVC Video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed to provide AVC Video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information may be obtained from MPEG LA, L.L.C. See http://www.mpegla.com
For the U.S.A. and Canada only
A lithium-ion battery that is recyclable powers the product you have purchased. Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on how to recycle this battery.
Limited Warranty (ONLY FOR CANADA)
Panasonic Canada Inc. 5770 Ambler Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2T3
PANASONIC PRODUCT – LIMITED WARRANTY
Panasonic Canada Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and for a period as stated below from the date of original purchase agrees to, at its option either (a) repair your product with new or refurbished parts, (b) replace it with a new or a refurbished equivalent value product, or (c) refund your purchase price. The decision to repair, replace or refund will be made by Panasonic Canada Inc
This warranty is given only to the original purchaser, or the person for whom it was purchased as a gift, of a Panasonic brand product mentioned above sold by an authorized Panasonic dealer in Canada and purchased and used in Canada, which product was not sold “as is*”, and which product was delivered to you in new condition in the original packaging. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE WARRANTY SERVICE HEREUNDER, A PURCHASE RECEIPT OR OTHER PROOF OF DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE, SHOWING THE AMOUNT PAID AND PLACE OF PURCHASE IS REQUIRED
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
This warranty ONLY COVERS failures due to defects in materials or workmanship and DOES NOT COVER normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage. The warranty ALSO DOES NOT COVER damages which occurred in shipment, or failures which are caused by products not supplied by Panasonic Canada Inc., or failures which result from accidents, misuse, abuse, neglect, mishandling, misapplication, alteration, faulty installation, set-up adjustments, misadjustment of consumer controls, improper maintenance, improper batteries, power line surge, lightning damage, modification, introduction of sand, humidity or liquids, or rental use of the product, or service by anyone other than a Authorized Servicer, or damage that is attributable to acts of God.
Dry cell batteries, printer ink cartridges, and paper are also excluded from coverage under this warranty. Rechargeable batteries are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of original purchase.
THIS EXPRESS, LIMITED WARRANTY IS INSTEAD OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL PANASONIC CANADA INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL. INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. (As examples, this warranty excludes damages for lost time, travel to and from the Authorized Servicer, and loss of or damage to media or images, data, or other memory or recorded content. This list of items is not exhaustive, but for illustration only.)
In certain instances, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitations and exclusions may not be applicable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary depending on your province or territory.
For product operation, repairs, and information assistance, please visit our Support page: www.panasonic.ca/english/support
FAQS About Panasonic LUMIX S5II Mirrorless Camera
What is the S5 II’s battery life?
Per charge, 370 shots.
Is the Lumix S5II a good camera?
It’s challenging to find a better deal today than the Lumix S5II if you’re a video photographer who also wants to produce outstanding photos.
What is the Panasonic S5 II’s frame rate?
120 fps maximum
What are the S5 II’s video features?
Recording in 6K and 4K video
How long does the Lumix S5 battery take to charge?
What is the S5II’s resolution?
All resolutions, up to 6K, can be recorded with the S5 II.
Does the Lumix S5II get hot?
Above 4K modes will still cause the camera to overheat.
The Panasonic S5 II has what mount?
Lumix S5II is full-frame, right?
Full-frame camera Panasonic’s S5 II is fantastic.
What is the Panasonic Lumix S5 II’s sensor size?
35.6 x 23.8 mm
For more manuals by Panasonic, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Panasonic-LUMIX-S5II-Mirrorless-Camera-Owner-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]