Onkyo SKH-410 Home Audio Speaker System
Onkyo is a Japanese electronics company specializing in home theater and audio equipment. They offer a wide range of products, including A/V receivers, speakers, headphones, and other audio accessories. Onkyo is known for delivering high-quality sound and advanced features at an affordable price point.
- Height speakers
- Speaker cables (3.0 m)
- rubber stoppers
- Keyhole slot for wall mounting
Connecting the Speakers
- Tum off your receiver before making any connections.
- Pay close attention to speaker wiring ~ and polarity. Connect positive (+) terminals to only positive(+) terminals, and negative(-) terminals to only negative (-)terminals. If the speakers are wired incorrectly, the sound will be out of phase and will sound unnatural.
- Be careful not to short the positive and negative wires. Doing so may damage your amp.
Enjoying Home Theater
The height speakers are facing toward the ceiling to create an elevated audio effect in the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Surround listening modes by providing sounds echoing off the ceiling. Place the height speakers above your eye height. The rubber stoppers prevent the speakers from moving, providing a more stable platform.
To mount the Height speakers vertically, use the keyhole shown to hang each speaker on a screw that’s securely screwed into the wall. Fit the keyhole slot to the screw hole on the back of the speaker and securely tighten it with the supplied screws.
- Do not install the height speakers on the ceiling.
- A mounting screw’s ability to support a speaker depends on how well it’s anchored to the wall. If you have hollow walls, screw each mounting screw into a stud. If there are no studs, or the walls are solid, use suitable wall anchors. Use screws with a head diameter of 5/16″(9 mm) or less and a shank diameter of 118″(4 mm) or less. With hollow walls, use a cable/pipe detector to check for any power cables or water pipes before making any holes.
- Leave a gap of between 3/16″(5 mm) and 7/16″(10 mm) between the wall~ and the base of the screw head, as shown (We recommend that you consult a home installation professional).
- A guide of screw tightening torque is lO kgf cm.
Before Using Your New Speakers
The speaker cabinets are made out of wood and are therefore sensitive to extreme temperatures and humidity. Do not use them in locations subject to direct sunlight or in humid places, such as near an air conditioner, humidifier, bathroom, or kitchen.
- Installing these speakers on the top of the front speakers enhances the Dolby Atmos effect. When installing these speakers on the front speakers, use the supplied nubber stoppers to prevent the speakers from falling.
- Do not handle the speakers with wet or damp hands.
- Do not place an object on these speakers or do not push them with great force.
The speakers can handle the specified input power when used for normal music reproduction. If they’re fed any of the following signals, even if the input power is within the specified rating, the excessive current may flow in the speaker coils, causing burning or wire breakage:
- Interstation noise from an untuned FM radio.
- Audio from a cassette that’s being fast-forwarded.
- High-pitched sounds generated by an oscillator, an electronic musical instrument; ‘3tld soon.
- Amplifier oscillation.
- Special test tones from audio test CDs and so on.
- Thumps and clicks are caused by connecting or disconnecting audio cables (always turn off your amplifier before connecting or disconnecting cables).
- Microphone feedback.
The speakers contain powerful magnets. Do not put metal items, such as screwdrivers, close to the speakers, as they damage to the tweeter diaphragm.
|Type||Full Range Closed Box|
|Maximum input power||100 W|
|Frequency response||90 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Cabinet capacity||1.0 L|
|Dimensions (W x H x D) 120 mm x 155 mm x 153 mm|
|4-3/4″ X 6-1/8″ X 6″
(incl. grille and projection)
1.2 kg (2.6 lbs.)
3-1/4″ (8 em) Cone Woofer x 1
Spring type Color-coded
Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice.
For European models
Thank you for purchasing this Onkyo product. In order to protect your investment and to receive information on new products and updates, please register. Please visit our web site for your online registration at:
www.us.onkyo.com/prodreg_form.cfm (For USA customers)
www.onkyo.ca/prodreg_form.cfm (For Canadian customers)
www.onkyousa.com can assist you anytime with Frequently Asked Questions, Hookup Diagrams, and Service Information.
www.onkyo.ca is available for Canadian customer
We offer Product Support 7 days per week
Onkyo has extended its product support hours to a seven-day schedule. For questions, assistance, or comments, please call us or visit on our website at:
TEL :. 1-800-229-1687
www.onkyo.ca/support (For Canadian customers)
Onkyo USA Corporation Limited Consumer Warranty
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE AS YOU WILL NEED TO PRESENT IT SHOULD YOU REQUIRE SERVICE UNDER THIS WARRANTY. Onkyo USA Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Onkyo) hereby warrants all Onkyo brand products PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM Onkyo OR FROM AN INDEPENDENT Onkyo AUTHORIZED DEALER in the UNITED STATES, in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
SCOPE OF WARRANTY
From the date of original consumer purchase and for the respective periods specified above, Onkyo agrees to repair, at its sole expense, all Onkyo brand products purchased directly from Onkyo or from an Independent Onkyo Authorized Dealer, which are defective in material and/or workmanship during ordinary consumer use. Repairs may be completed using new or refurbished parts that meet or exceed Onkyo specifications for new parts. Onkyo, at its sole discretion, may replace a product, with a refurbished or reconditioned unit having comparable features and a limited consumer warranty.
IF YOU PURCHASE AN Onkyo BRAND PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED DEALER, YOUR Onkyo WARRANTY MAY NOT BE VALID, please use our authorized dealer locator.
This Warranty does not apply with respect to or cover the following:
- Defects or damage caused by accident, fire/smoke, flood/water damage, power surge (or related electrical abnormalities}, lightning or other acts of nature.
- Defects or damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized product modification or service, or failure to observe the instructions contained in the manual furnished at the time of original purchase.
- Deterioration/failure due to a corrosive atmosphere, including but not limited to; smoke, high humidity or extreme temperature.
- Damage caused during shipment or handling.
- Products purchased from anyone other than Onkyo or an Independent Onkyo Authorized Dealer. If you are uncertain as to whether a dealer is authorized, please contact Onkyo’s Customer Relations Department or check the Dealer and Service Locator.
- Products that have had their serial numbers altered or removed.
- Products purchased in “AS ISM condition or noted as”DEMO~ “DISPLAY’; ~OPEN sox·: or clearance“.
- Products that have been altered or repaired by anyone other than Onkyo or an Onkyo-authorized independent service station in a manner that has affected their performance, stability or reliability.
- Accessories attached to or to be used with Onkyo products, such as antennas, batteries, cables, etc.
- Any product attached to or used with the Onkyo Product.
- Packing materials and cosmetic items.
- Parts that have prescribed useful lives dependent upon the degree of their use, such as style, cassette heads, idler wheels, batteries, etc.
- Installation and removal of Onkyo products, setup, adjustments or signal reception issues.
- Maintenance, cleaning or periodic check-ups.
- Adjustments or alterations required for compatibility with conditions pertaining to foreign countries.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE:
To obtain warranty service, take or ship your Onkyo product to an Onkyo Authorized Independent Service Center, together with a note describing your complaint and your copy of the dated purchase receipt. Repairs are not performed at our headquarters; all repairs must be performed by our Onkyo Authorized Independent Service Centers. For a list of Onkyo Authorized Independent Service Centers please go to; www.onkyousa.com, under, Support. Please also include in any mailing; a contact name, address, and email address or telephone number. If you choose to ship your Onkyo product to an Onkyo Authorized Independent Service Center, all shipping arrangements must be made by you, and all shipping charges and insurance must be fully prepaid. Any Onkyo product shipped in its entirety must be properly packaged to avoid shipping damage. Any shipping damage incurred as a result of improper or insufficient packaging will be the responsibility of the shipper. Onkyo will pay all return shipping charges for Onkyo products that have been serviced under this warranty. Any service or repair for items not covered by this limited warranty shall be at the Authorized Independent Service Center’s rates and terms then in effect. Contact an Onkyo Authorized Independent Service Center for details.
Onkyo makes this warranty subject to the following limitations:
- This limited Warranty is valid only within the continental United States of America, Hawaii and Alaska. To be covered by this warranty the On kyo product concerned must have been purchased directly from Onkyo or an Independent Onkyo Authorized Dealer and the person seeking warranty service must reside in one of the states of the United States of America or in the District of Columbia. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone.
- Onkyo SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF Onkyo UNDER THIS
WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE Onkyo PRODUCTS BY Onkyo OR ITS AUTHORIZED INDEPENDENT SERVICE CENTERS.
- This warranty is valid only with respect to repairs affected by Onkyo or an Onkyo-authorized independent service center.
- ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN CONTAINED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
- This product is warranted to be free in workmanship and spare parts as a result of manufacturing defects for the FIRST YEAR from the date of purchase. However, the same offer will be limited to THREE months from the date of purchase for industrial/ commercial outlets such as clubs, restaurants, hospitals, staff quarters, beauty parlors, guest houses, etc.
- This warranty will become void, in the judgment of our technician, if the product (a) has been repaired or modified by an non-authorized person; or (b} has been damaged through misuse; negligence; abuse; or any accident from nature (like fire, flood, struck by lightning); or (c) was improper installation or was installed in seal up the environment; or (d) the serial number has been altered, effaced or removed; or (e) was damage which was caused by external connection with other equipment.
- This Warranty Card must be presented along with the original Purchase Receipt whenever any warranty service or out-of-warranty service is required.
- All transportation, shipping, 1reight and insurance charges of any detective equipment must be paid by the End user.
- This Warranty Card is not transferable and is valid in Mainland
|China only, except Hong Kong and Macau.|
Remark: The warranty terms and conditions would be revised without prior notice.
Kitahama Chua Bldg, 2-2·22 Kitahama, Chuo-ku, OSAKA 541-0041, JAPAN
Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation
18 Park Way, Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458,
For Dealer, Service, Order, and all other Business Inquiries:
Tel: 201-785-2600 Fax: 201-785·2650
For Product Support Team Only:
Onkyo Europe Electronics GmbH
Liegnitzerstrasse 6, 82194 Groebenzell,
FAQs for Onkyo SKH-410 Home Audio Speaker System User Manual
Does Onkyo offer Dolby Atmos support?
Using the Black Dolby Atmos 4K Ultra HD HDR Compatible A/V Home Theater Receiver. 4.4 out of 5 stars from 501 reviews by users.
Any speaker can be used with Dolby Atmos, right?
For the optimum sound, Dolby advises using at least four height speakers, though any speakers will work. Better yet, since all modern Blu-ray players support Dolby Atmos, you won’t need a specialized player. It’s also important to note that Dolby Atmos is compatible with all of your HDMI cords.
Onkyo speaker Virtualizer: What is it?
Digital signal processing, such as Dolby Atmos height virtualization and surround virtualization, allows you to enjoy a more immersive entertainment experience from conventional channel-based speaker arrangements with Speaker Virtualizer.
What does Onkyo sound mean?
The Japanese corporation Onkyo Corporation manufactures high-end home theatre and audio products, such as portable electronics, surround sound speakers, and AV receivers. The translation of the word “Onkyo” is “sound resonance.”
Is Onkyo a top-notch brand?
Yes, the Onkyo brand has established itself successfully over time. Many enthusiasts of high-quality audio utilize receivers made by this company all around the world.
Onkyo direct mode: what is it?
Direct. In this mode, the input source’s audio is output exactly as it is. When a Dolby Digital signal is input, the sound field will be regulated according to the number of channels present, or if a two-channel source from a music CD is input, the output will be stereo.
Does Dolby Atmos have a lot of channels?
4 Seven normal channels (left front, center, right front, left side surround, right side surround, left rear surround, and right rear surround), one LFE channel, and four overhead channels are included in the Dolby Atmos system.
How many speakers can be supported by Atmos?
Additionally, the technology automatically adjusts the object audio to fully utilize the quantity and positioning of your speakers, from systems with five-floor speakers and two overhead speakers up to a Dolby Atmos system with as many as 24-floor speakers and ten overhead speakers.
Is Atmos compatible with Bluetooth?
If the media you are streaming is mixed for Dolby Atmos and the audio output device you are connected to is Atmos-enabled, you can experience Dolby Atmos through Bluetooth. Stereo equipment frequently makes an attempt to mimic surround sound, but it’s not the same.
Which audio setting is ideal for dialogue?
Start by looking for “Dynamic Range Compression” (other TVs have a similar setting named “Night Mode”). With this setting, powerful noises like explosions and quieter ones like speech are evened out (or compressed). You’ll be able to hear words better if you increase the loudness of them near together.