Crosley CR1101A CD Jukebox
Crosley is a company that specializes in designing and manufacturing nostalgic electronics, such as turntables, radios, jukeboxes, and other retro-style audio products. Their products often have a classic look and feel, inspired by the design of vintage electronics from the mid-20th century. Crosley’s products aim to provide a nostalgic and stylish alternative to modern audio devices, and appeal to people who appreciate vintage design and classic sound.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO YOUR EQUIPMENT
- Read Instructions – All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated.
- Retain instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
- Heed Warnings – All warnings on the product and in the operating Instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow Instructions – All operating and use instructions should be followed.
- Cleaning – Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
- Attachments – Do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer as they may cause hazards.
- Water and Moisture – Do not use this product near water – for example, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub; in a wet basement; or near a swimming pool; and the like.
- A product and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the product and cart combination to overturn.
- Ventilation – Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation and to ensure the reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating, and these openings must not be blocked or covered, The openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or another similar surface. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
- Power Sources – This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label, if you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home. Consult your product dealer or local power company.For products intended to operate from battery power, or other sources, refer to the operating instructions.
- Grounding or Polarization – This product may be equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet try reversing the plug, If the plug should still fail to fit, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
- Power – Cord Protection – Power – supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the product.
- Lightning – For added protection for this product during a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning and power-line surges.
- Power Lines – An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with them might be fatal.
- Overloading – Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
- Object and Liquid Entry – Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
- Servicing – Do not attempt to service this product yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Damage Requiring Service – Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions;
- a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
- b. If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the product.
- c. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
- d. If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions as an improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation.
- e. If the product has been dropped or damaged in any way.
- f. When the product exhibits a distinct change in performance – this indicates a need for service.
- a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
- Replacement Parts – When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
- Safety Check – Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to determine that the product is in proper operating condition.
- Wall or ceiling Mounting – The product should be mounted to a wall or ceiling only as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Heat – The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators. Heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on , the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER. PILOT LAMPS SOLDERED IN PLACE. NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
- Frequency Range: FM 88 – 108 MHz: AM 530 – 1700 KHz
- Power Source : DC12V 1200mA Switching Adaptor
- Antennas: External antenna for FM: Built-in ferrite bar for AM
- Speakers: 2 x 4″ dynamic type
- Accessory: Line-in Cord (3.5mm to 3.5mm)
- CD Player: Plays CD and MP3 CD
**DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE**
Thank you for purchasing the Crosley Jukebox (CR1101A). Before operating this unit, please read this manual thoroughly and retain it for future reference.
About This Manual
Instructions in this manual describe the control functions of the CR1101A.
Included in the package:
- Crosley Jukebox
- This Manual
- 3.5mm Line In Cable
- AC Adaptor
- Remove packing materials from the unit.
NOTE: Save all packing materials.
- Remove the plastic bag covering the radio.
- Remove AC ADAPTOR from packing.
- Remove the tie from AC ADAPTER.
- Plug the AC Adaptor (output 12V 1200mA) of the unit into the appropriate wall outlet
- Plug the small end of the adapter into the Adaptor Jack on the back of the unit.
for FM reception, the unit is provided with an FM WIRE ANTENNA, move the wire until the reception is clear and with no interferences. For AM reception, the unit is provided with a directional built-in ferrite antenna. Rotate the set to find the position in which the best reception is obtained. Do not connect the EXTERNAL FM ANTENNA to any outside antenna.
CD / MP3 CD OPERATION
PLAYBACK OF A CD OR MP3 CD
- Switch the FUNCTION SWITCH to select CD mode.
- Gently pull the round CD DOOR at the ” PULL TO OPEN ” symbol to open the door.
- Load a CD with the label side facing out. Gently press the CD to lock it into the player.
- Close the CD DOOR. The display will flash “— — — ” for a few seconds. The display will show the total number of the tracks (if an MP3 disc is inserted, it will briefly show “Folder”) and the CD will then start playing automatically. “NOd” will show if there is no disc loaded.
- The LED DISPLAY changes to “001” and the CD begins to play the first track.
- Adjust the VOLUME CONTROL to the desired listening level.
- To pause playback, press the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON. The LED indicator will flash. Press the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON again to resume playback.
- To stop playback, press the STOP BUTTON.
MP3 CD FOLDER PLAYBACK
If the MP3 CD is separated into folders, follow the steps below to access the folders:
- While the CD is playing back or stop mode and then press the Folder up BUTTON to advance forward through the folders.
- Once the desired folder is reached, select the desired track in the folder that you wish to play.
SKIP FORWARD AND REVERSE
- Press the FORWARD SKIP BUTTON or the REVERSE SKIP BUTTON to select a desired track.
- Press the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON – the LED indicator will light and the unit will then start playing back the selected track.
SEARCH FORWARD/BACKWARD DURING PLAYBACK
- Press and hold the FORWARD SKIP BUTTON or the REVERSE SKIP BUTTON while the song is playing.
- Release the button when you have reached the desired point of the song and playback will resume automatically.
- To select the Random function, press the RANDOM BUTTON (RAN.) on the front panel once to start playing the tracks in any order and the RANDOM LED INDICATOR will be on.
- To turn the random function off, press the RANDOM BUTTON once again.
- Pull down the ” Song List ” DIAL DISPLAY DOOR to access the Control Panel.
- Turn the unit ON by switching the FUNCTION SWITCH to the RADIO position.
- Adjust the volume by turning the volume control to the desired listening level.
- Select the desired Waveband by placing the BAND selector in either the AM or FM position.
- Tune into the desired station by turning the TUNING DIAL Control.
- Turn the unit OFF by switching the FUNCTION SWITCH to the OFF position.
- Press the PROGRAM BUTTON [PROG]. The LED indicator light will flash and The LED DISPLAY will show “P01”.
- Press the FORWARD SKIP BUTTON or the REVERSE SKIP BUTTON to select the desired track you wish to program into memory.
- When the desired track number is displayed, press the PROGRAM BUTTON again to store the selected track. The LED DISPLAY will change to “01”, indicating it is ready for the second track you wish to program into memory.
- Repeat steps 2-3 to program further tracks into memory.
- Once all desired tracks are programmed into memory, press the PLAY/ PAUSE BUTTON to begin playback of programmed tracks. Adjust the Volume.
- Programming will be erased when the CD DOOR is opened or the STOP BUTTON is pressed twice.
- For CD – a maximum of 20 tracks can be programmed to play in any order.
- For MP3 – a maximum of 99 tracks can be programmed to play in any order.
Repeat CD Playback
- To repeat a Single Track: Select the track you want to repeat and press the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON to begin playback. Then press the REPEAT BUTTON once.
- The REPEAT INDICATOR will flash and the selected track will repeat at the end of the song.
- To repeat All Tracks on a CD Folder: As above for 1 track, but press the REPEAT BUTTON twice. The REPEAT INDICATOR will stay on and once finished, the whole CD, etc. will play again. To turn the Repeat function off, press the REPEAT BUTTON again.
LINE IN OPERATION
You can connect an external audio player to this unit and play music through its speakers.
- Switch the LINE IN SWITCH on the rear panel to the ON position.
- Plug the Auxiliary cable into the 3.5mm dia. LINE IN JACK on the rear panel of the unit.
- Plug the other end of the auxiliary cable into the output jack of your external device, e.g. the headphone socket of an ‘i’ product, Mobile Phone, Cassette Player, etc. and switch this on.
- Play the music and adjust the volume level of your external component. Check the user manual of the external player for its correct operation.
NOTE: When not using the Line-in function, make sure the LINE-IN SWITCH is set to OFF.
The unit does not operate
- Is the AC power cord small plug inserted into the unit’s DC input jack and the power plug fully inserted into the wall socket? Is the socket switched on?
- Is the unit turned on? Rotate the FUNCTION knob from the OFF position to turn the unit on.
There is no radio sound
- Check if the FUNCTION switch is in the correct position. If not, switch it to RADIO.
- Adjust the VOLUME knob to increase the sound.
- Rotate the TUNING knob to find a radio station.
The CD won’t play
- Make sure the CD is inserted with the labeled side facing out.
LIMITED MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
Crosley Radio, Inc. warrants the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. This warranty is not transferable. If the product is determined to be defective during the warranty period, the unit will be repaired or replaced at Crosley Radio’s sole discretion. This warranty covers manufacturing defects and normal consumer use and does NOT cover damage or failure as a result of abuse, accident, alterations, misuse, neglect, abnormal wear and tear, inadequate maintenance, commercial or unreasonable use, damage caused by power surges, mishandling, accident, acts of God or attempted repair by an unauthorized service agent. Also not covered are cosmetic damages, cords and antennas. Should this product fail to function in a satisfactory manner, it is best to first contact our technical support team for assistance to ensure it is being operated properly.
Tech Support and Product Questions
CALL TOLL-FREE: 1.888.CROSLEY
If it is indeed determined that the unit is no longer operational, please contact the retailer from which it was purchased. In many cases, your retailer will be able to provide a replacement unit at no charge within the scope of their return policy. If the retail return period has expired, please contact Crosley Radio directly to participate in the one year protection program.
Crosley 1-Year Warranty Program
CALL TOLL-FREE: 1.800.926.7801
You will need to contact our offices M-F 8am-5pm EST to obtain an RA (Return Authorization) Number. You will be instructed to send the unit (at your cost) to our offices in its original packaging (or a reasonable substitute to prevent damage.) You will need to clearly mark your RA number on the outside packaging and include the original sales receipt (or a copy) indicating the date of purchase, the amount paid, and place of purchase. You will also need to include your full name, shipping address and daytime contact number. You will be instructed to include a check or money order for any applicable return shipping and handling fees. A Crosley advisor will confirm the fees associated with your product’s shipping size/weight. Returned products will not be shipped to PO Boxes. Crosley Radio will not be responsible for delays or unprocessed claims resulting from a purchaser’s failure to provide any or all of the necessary information.
There are no express warranties except as listed above. The purchaser’s bill of sale is the only proof of warranty entitlement. This warranty gives the purchaser specified legal rights in addition to any rights which may vary from state to state. In accordance with the “Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act” of July 10, 1975, this is termed a “limited warranty” which in no way compromises Crosley Radio’s high standards of quality and workmanship.
FAQs Crosley CR1101A CD Jukebox User Manual
How many CDs can it hold?
It can hold up to 60 CDs.
Does it play MP3 CDs?
Yes, it can play both regular CDs and MP3 CDs.
Does it come assembled or do I need to put it together?
Some assembly is required.
What is the size of this jukebox?
It measures 42.5″ H x 17.5″ W x 14.5″ D.
Is it compatible with Bluetooth?
No, it does not have Bluetooth connectivity.
Does it have a remote control?
Yes, it comes with a remote control.
Can I play CDs continuously or do I have to manually select each CD?
It has an auto play mode that allows for continuous play.
Does it have an AM/FM radio?
No, it does not have an AM/FM radio.
Can it be used with a CD changer?
No, it does not have the capability to connect to a CD changer.
What is the power source for this jukebox?
It operates on 120V AC power.
Does it have a display for song titles or track information?
Yes, it has a display that shows song titles and track information.
Does it have any built-in speakers?
Yes, it has built-in stereo speakers.
What is the warranty period for this product?
The warranty period is not specified by the manufacturer.
Can it play CDs from different countries with different voltage levels?
It is not specified by the manufacturer if it can play CDs from different countries with different voltage levels.
Pdf – Crosley CR1101A CD Jukebox User Manual
For More Posts Visit: ManualsDock