iRobot is an American technology company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of consumer robots. The company was founded in 1990 by Rodney Brooks, Colin Angle, and Helen Greiner, who were researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). iRobot is known for its innovative robot vacuum cleaners, including the popular Roomba series.
The Roomba is a line of autonomous robotic vacuum cleaners designed to clean floors without human intervention. These robots use a combination of sensors, algorithms, and brushes to navigate through a home, detect dirt and debris, and clean effectively. Over the years, iRobot has introduced several models with various features and capabilities, such as mapping technology, Wi-Fi connectivity, and advanced navigation systems.
Apart from robot vacuums, iRobot has expanded its product portfolio to include other robotic devices. One notable example is the Braava series, which consists of mopping robots designed to clean hard floors. These robots use a wet or dry cleaning method, depending on the model, and employ similar navigation and sensing technologies as the Roomba.
About your Braava jet® m6 Robot Mop
- Get ready
To start, you’ll need your robot, charging station, drip tray, and power cord.
- Position the charging station and plug in
Choose an area near an outlet with good Wi-Fi coverage. Plug the power cord into the charging station, and then into the wall.
To prevent the risk of your robot falling down stairs, ensure that the charging station is placed at least 4 feet (1.2 meters) away from stairs.
- Attach the drip tray
Place the drip tray onto the front of the charging station.
- Wake up your robot
Slide your robot onto the charging station contacts to activate the battery. The light ring will light up and after a few minutes, and a sound will let you know it’s awake.
- Connect and update
Connect your robot to the iRobot HOME App to allow remote control, cleaning customization, and to keep robot software up to date.
- Attach a cleaning pad
Slide a wet mopping or dry sweeping pad onto the underside of the robot.
Detach an existing cleaning pad by pressing the button on the front of the robot.
- Fill the tank
Remove the tank from the robot.
Add Braava jet® Hard Floor Cleaning Solution (if using).
Then fill to top with water.
Cleaning pad types (How to clean iRobot Braava jet m6)
- Wet Mopping Pads
- Single Use Wet Mopping Pad
- Washable Wet Mopping Pad (Microfiber)
- Dry Sweeping Pads
- Single Use Dry Sweeping Pad
- Washable Dry Sweeping Pad (Microfiber)
People often ask How to clean iRobot Braava jet m6. So, here it is, when wet mopping, you may add Braava jet® Hard Floor Cleaning Solution to the tank before adding water. This product is a concentrate that is suitable for all well-sealed hard floors.
Braava jet® Hard Floor Cleaning Solution is the only solution that can be safely used in your robot mop. Please do not use other cleaning solutions.
Using Your Braava jet® m6 Robot Mop
Use your robot frequently to maintain well-conditioned floors.
- Your robot will automatically explore and clean your home, moving in a methodical manner across the floor, with some overlap from one pass to the next to ensure that every spot on the floor is cleaned three times. If you are looking for a quicker clean or a deeper clean than this default setting, or if you want to adjust the amount of water sprayed, you can change your cleaning preferences from the iRobot HOME App.
- Your robot will return to the charging station at the end of a cleaning job, whenever it needs to recharge, or when the tank needs to be refilled.
Note: If the “CLEAN” text is pulsing while charging, your robot is in the middle of a cleaning job and will automatically resume where it left off once recharged.
- To send the robot back to its charging station, tap (home). A blue light ring pattern will indicate that the robot is seeking the charging station. This feature will only work if your robot started the job from the charging station.
- When the robot senses its tank needs to be filled, the light ring indicator will illuminate in a red sweeping motion toward the lid latch.
- Clean smaller designated areas (3.3 ft2 /1 m2) by placing your robot at the bottom center of the space you’d like to focus on. Tap (spot clean) to start cleaning.
Tips for Optimizing Performance
- Your robot works best when used with the iRobot HOME App.
- For optimal mopping performance, we recommend that you vacuum first to pick up large dirt and debris before running Braava jet®.
- Your robot will only run with Braava jet® m Series pads, which are made specifically for Braava jet® m Series robots.
- Use a new pad for each cleaning job, and do not pre-wet the pads prior to use.
- Keep your charging station plugged in and the area around it clear of clutter.
- You can use a Dual Mode Virtual Wall® Barrier to help keep your robot in places you want to be cleaned, and out of the ones you don’t. (Sold separately)
- Within the iRobot HOME App, you can adjust cleaning preferences to modify cleaning power, speed, and coverage.
- Slide your robot onto the charging station contacts to activate the battery.
Note: Your robot comes with a partial charge, but we recommend that you charge the robot for 3 hours prior to starting the first cleaning job.
- The light ring indicator will show the current charging status. This will turn off after 1 minute to save power, but can be shown again if you press CLEAN. This can also been seen in the iRobot HOME App.
- Your robot uses a small amount of power whenever it is on the charging station. You can put the robot in a further-reduced power state when not in use. For instructions and more details on this Reduced Power Standby Mode, refer to the iRobot HOME App.
- For long-term storage, turn off your robot by removing it from the charging station and holding down (home) for 10 seconds. Store your robot in a cool, dry place.
Lithium Ion Battery
For best results, only use the iRobot Lithium Ion Battery that comes with your Braava jet® m6.
Lithium ion batteries and products that contain lithium ion batteries are subject to stringent transportation regulations. If you need to ship this product (with the battery included) for service, travel or any other reason, you MUST follow these shipping instructions.
- Battery MUST be turned off before shipping.
- Turn off the battery by removing the robot from the charging station and holding down (home) for 10 seconds. All indicators will turn off.
- Package the product in its original packaging.
- Ship via ground transportation only (no air shipping).
- If you need further assistance, contact our Customer Care team.
- Your robot will tell you something is wrong by playing an audio alert and turning the light ring indicator red. Press CLEAN for details. Further support and instructional videos are available in the iRobot HOME App.
- After 90 minutes of inactivity off the charging station, your robot will automatically end its cleaning job.
Care and Maintenance
- Cleaning the Sensors and Pad Reader
Clean sensors on the bottom of your robot with a damp cloth.
Important: Do not spray cleaning solution or water onto the sensors or sensor openings.
- Cleaning the Wheels
Pull off any visible debris or hair that gathers around the wheels.
- Cleaning the Body of the Robot
Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Cleaning the Tank
If you notice an odor from the tank
- Remove the tank from your robot mop.
- Fill the tank with warm water. Do not use boiling water.
- Close cap and lightly shake the tank.
- Rinse the tank and repeat as necessary.
Cleaning the Drip Tray
- Remove the robot from the charging station.
- Separate the drip tray by lifting it up from charging station.
- Clean the drip tray with a damp cloth or with warm water in sink.
- Dry thoroughly before reattaching the drip tray to the charging station.
- Put your robot mop back onto the charging station.
Caring for Washable Cleaning Pads
You can clean your washable pads two ways: either by hand washing, or in a washing machine.
- Hand Washing
Thoroughly wash the pad with warm water.
- Machine Washing
Wash using the warm cycle, then air dry. Do not put in dryer. Do not wash with delicates.
iRobot Customer Care
USA & Canada
If you have questions or comments about your Braava jet® robot mop, please contact iRobot before contacting a retailer.
You can start by visiting www.irobot.com for support tips, frequently asked questions and information about accessories. This information can also be found in the iRobot HOME App. If you need further assistance, call our Customer Care team at (877) 855-8593.
iRobot Customer Care Hours
- Monday to Friday, 9AM – 9PM Eastern Time
- Saturday and Sunday 9AM – 6PM Eastern Time
Outside USA & Canada
Visit www.global.irobot.com to:
- Learn more about iRobot in your country.
- Get hints and tips to improve your Braava jet® robot mop’s performance.
- Get answers to questions.
- Contact your local support center.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1) This device may not cause interference, and 2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by iRobot Corporation could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules as well as ICES-003 Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference to radio communication will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Under Industry Canada regulations, this radio transmitter may only operate using an antenna of a type and maximum (or lesser) gain approved for the transmitter by Industry Canada. To reduce potential radio interference to other users, the antenna type and its gain should be so chosen that the equivalent isotropically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) is not more than the necessary for successful communication.
- FCC Radiation Exposure Statement: This product complies with FCC §2.1093(b) for portable RF exposure limits, set forth for an uncontrolled environment and is safe for the intended operation as described in this iRobot Braava jet manual.
- ISED Radiation Exposure Statement: This product complies with the Canadian Standard RSS-102 for portable RF exposure limits, set forth for an uncontrolled environment and is safe for the intended operation as described in this iRobot Braava jet manual.
For battery recycling go to call2recycle.org; or call 1-800-822-8837
©2019 iRobot Corporation, 8 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA 01730 USA. All rights reserved. iRobot, Braava jet, and Virtual Wall are registered trademarks of iRobot Corporation, in the United States and other countries. App Store is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc. Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi logo are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
FAQ’s – iRobot Braava Jet M6 Robot Mop User Manual
Q: What is the iRobot Braava Jet M6 Robot Mop?
A: The iRobot Braava Jet M6 Robot Mop is a robotic mop designed to clean hard floors, such as tile, hardwood, and laminate. It is manufactured by iRobot, a leading company in the field of home cleaning robots.
Q: How does the iRobot Braava Jet M6 work?
A: The Braava Jet M6 uses advanced navigation technology, including sensors and mapping capabilities, to efficiently navigate and clean your floors. It sprays water or a cleaning solution onto the floor, then uses a vibrating cleaning pad to scrub away dirt and stains.
Q: Can the Braava Jet M6 mop and sweep?
A: Yes, the Braava Jet M6 has two cleaning modes: mop and sweep. In the mop mode, it uses the damp cleaning pad to mop and remove dirt. In the sweep mode, it uses a dry sweeping pad to pick up dust, dirt, and pet hair.
Q: What type of floors can the iRobot Braava Jet M6 clean?
A: The Braava Jet M6 is suitable for cleaning a variety of hard floors, including tile, hardwood, laminate, and stone. It is not designed for use on carpets or rugs.
Q: Does the Braava Jet M6 work with virtual boundaries?
A: Yes, the Braava Jet M6 is compatible with iRobot’s Imprint Smart Mapping technology, which allows you to set virtual boundaries and keep the robot within specific areas or exclude certain areas from cleaning.
Q: Can the Braava Jet M6 be controlled with a smartphone or voice commands?
A: Yes, the Braava Jet M6 can be controlled using the iRobot Home app on your smartphone. You can start or stop cleaning, customize cleaning preferences, and schedule cleaning sessions. It is also compatible with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to control it using voice commands.
Q: How does the Braava Jet M6 handle obstacles and stairs?
A: The Braava Jet M6 has sensors that help it detect obstacles and avoid collisions. It can maneuver around furniture, walls, and other objects on the floor. However, it is not designed to navigate stairs, so it will not attempt to clean them.
Q: How long does the Braava Jet M6’s battery last?
A: The battery life of the Braava Jet M6 can vary depending on the cleaning mode and the size of the area being cleaned. On average, the robot can clean for up to 150 minutes before it needs to return to its charging dock.
Q: What type of maintenance does the Braava Jet M6 require?
A: The Braava Jet M6 requires regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance. This includes emptying and cleaning the robot’s water tank, replacing cleaning pads as needed, and occasionally cleaning the robot itself.
Q: Can the Braava Jet M6 be used with cleaning solutions other than those provided by iRobot?
A: iRobot recommends using their own cleaning solutions specifically designed for the Braava Jet M6. While other cleaning solutions may work, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and ensure compatibility to avoid damaging the robot.