Instant VORTEX PLUS 6 Quart Air Fryer
No matter how much is added, California’s AB 1200 requires producers of specified cookware to declare certain chemicals if they are purposefully added to the handles or surfaces that come into contact with food to achieve a functional outcome. Instant Brand goods have changed to reflect changes in production and regulatory procedures. Our products are regularly examined by internationally renowned third-party testing laboratories to check for dangerous substances.
This testing verifies that our goods meet all relevant federal, state, and local safety laws, including the FDA’s criteria for the safety of materials in contact with food. Fluoropolymers such as PTFE, PFA, and FEP give cookware and bakeware goods a non-stick surface when they come into contact with food. PTFE, PFA, and FEP are categorized as PFAS chemicals and need to be disclosed even though they are inert solids.
Failure to read and follow these important safeguards may result in damage to the appliance, property damage or personal injury.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, SAFEGUARDS, AND WARNINGS BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
- Always operate the appliance on a stable, level, non-combustible surface.
- The appliance’s outer surfaces may become hot during use. Do not touch hot surfaces. Wear oven mitts when handling hot components. Extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance. Let the appliance cool to room temperature before handling or moving.
CAUTION To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not immerse the power cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Do not rinse the appliance under the tap.
- The cooking chamber contains electrical components. To avoid electrical shock, do not put liquid of any kind into the cooking chamber.
- This appliance is NOT to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used near children and these individuals. Children should not use or play with this appliance.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use, as well as before adding or removing parts or accessories, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull on the power cord.
- Avoid making contact with moving parts.
- Inspect the appliance and power cord regularly. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. For assistance, contact the Customer Care Team at email@example.com or 1- 800-828-7280.
- Do not use any accessories or attachments not authorized by Instant Brands™ Inc. The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may cause a risk of injury, fire or electric shock.
- For household countertop use only. Do not use outdoors. Not for commercial use.
- Do not place the appliance on any stovetop, or in a heated oven; heat from an external source will damage the appliance.
- Do not let the power cord contact hot surfaces or open flame, including a stovetop.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than intended use.
- Proper maintenance is recommended after each use. Refer to “Care & Cleaning.” Let the appliance cool to room temperature before cleaning or storage.
CAUTION Spilled food can cause serious burns. A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from grabbing, entanglement, and tripping. Keep appliances and cords away from children. Never drape the cord over the edge of the table or counter, never use the power outlet below the counter, and never use it with an extension cord.
- Do not attempt to repair, replace, alter, or modify components of the appliance. This may cause electric shock, fire, and/or injury, and will void the warranty.
- Do not tamper with any of the safety mechanisms.
- Do not use the appliance in electrical systems other than 120 V~60 Hz. Do not use power converters or adapters.
- Do not overfill the appliance or accessories. Overfilling may cause food to contact the heating element, which may result in fire and/or personal injury.
- Do not cover the cooling vents while the appliance is in operation. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may cause damage to the appliance.
- Never pour oil into the cooking chamber. Fire and personal injury could result.
- While cooking, the internal temperature of the appliance reaches several hundred degrees. To avoid personal injury, never place unprotected hands inside the appliance until it has cooled to room temperature.
- When cooking, do not place the appliance against a wall or other appliances. Leave at least 5″ / 13 cm of free space on the back, sides, and above the appliance. Do not operate the appliance on or near combustible materials such as tablecloths and curtains. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- When in operation, hot air is released through the cooling vents. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the cooling vents and take extreme caution when removing the accessories from the appliance.
- Should the unit emit black smoke, press Cancel and unplug the appliance immediately. Wait for the smoking to stop before opening the door, then clean the appliance thoroughly.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended while in use.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or a separate remote-control system.
- Use extreme caution when removing hot accessories from the cooking chamber or disposing of hot grease.
- Oversized foods and/or metal utensils must not be inserted into the cooking chamber as they may cause a risk of fire and/or personal injury.
- Do not store any materials, other than the included accessories, in the cooking chamber when not in use.
- Do not place any combustible materials in the cooking chamber, such as paper, cardboard, plastic, Styrofoam or wood.
- Clean the appliance after each use. Let the appliance cool to room temperature before cleaning or storing the appliance. Refer to “Care & Cleaning.”
- Do not use appliance accessories in any other appliance including microwave ovens, toaster ovens, convection or conventional ovens, ceramic, electric, induction or gas cooktops, or outdoor grills.
- Read this manual carefully and completely and retain it for future reference. Failure to adhere to safety instructions may result in serious injury.
- Electrical shock hazard. Use a grounded outlet only. DO NOT remove the ground. DO NOT use an adapter. DO NOT use an extension cord. Failure to follow instructions can cause death and/or electrical shock.
- THE FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS AND THE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USE IS A MISUSE OF YOUR APPLIANCE THAT CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CREATE THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY.
- To avoid injury, read and understand the instruction manual before using this machine.
Special Cord Set Instructions
As per UL safety requirements, a short power supply cord (0.6 m to 0.9 m / 24 into 35 in) is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from grabbing, entanglement, and tripping.
This appliance has a 3-prong grounding plug. To reduce the risk of electric shock, plug the power cord into a grounded (earthed) electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
Initial Set Up
- Read the Important Safeguards in this User Manual before using the appliance. Failure to read and follow Important Safeguards may result in damage to the appliance, property damage or personal injury.
- Remove all packaging material and accessories from within and around the appliance.
- Follow Care & Cleaning instructions in this manual to clean the appliance before first use.
- Place the appliance on a stable, level surface, away from combustible material and external heat sources. Leave at least 5″ of space around the appliance.
- Do not place the appliance on a stovetop.
- Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not block the air vents located at the back and beneath the appliance.
The Vortex™ / Vortex™ Plus Air Fryer uses rapid air circulation to cook food, giving your meals all the crispy rich flavor of deep frying with little or no oil.
Air Fryer Accessories
Vortex™ Air Fryers feature an intuitive Control Panel with touchscreen controls and an LED Display to make cooking fast and easy.
Shows cooking time, cooking temperature, reminders and error messages.
- Smart Programs
Smart Programs have pre-set cooking times and temperatures but can be customized to your own settings.
- Air Fry for fries, cauliflower wings, chicken nuggets and more.
- Bake Light and fluffy cakes and pastries, scalloped potatoes and more.
- Roast for beef, lamb, pork, poultry, vegetable dishes and more.
- Reheat to prepare leftovers without overcooking or drying out.
- Broil (Vortex Plus 6 only) for direct top-down cooking, melting cheese on French onion soup and nachos, and more.
- Dehydrate (Vortex Plus 6 only) for homemade fruit leather, jerky, dried vegetables and more.
Rotate to adjust cooking times and temperatures. Press to wake the display.
Using the Smart Programs
With the Air Fryer in Standby (Display reads OFF), touch the Smart Program control. Display shows the last cooking time and temperature saved with the selected Smart Program.
Adjust Cooking Time
Optionally, touch the Time control and rotate the Dial to adjust the cooking time. Press the Dial-in until it clicks to hold the cooking time adjustment.
Adjust Cooking Temperature
Optionally, touch the Temp control and rotate the Dial to adjust the cooking temperature. Press the Dial-in until it clicks to hold the cooking temperature adjustment.
- Touch Start to save any adjustments to the selected Smart Program cooking time and temperature and begin the Smart Program.
- When using Air Fry, Roast, Bake or Broil:
- The Display will read On and the Preheat status indicator will be illuminated to indicate that the Air Fryer is preheating.
- When the cooking chamber reaches the target temperature, the Air Fryer will alert you to Add Food. Remove the Air Fry Basket to add food. Cooking will begin automatically and the Cook status indicator will be illuminated when the Air Fryer Basket is returned to the cooking chamber (or after 10 seconds, if the Air Fryer Basket has not been removed) and the Display will show the cooking time remaining and temperature.
- When using Air Fry or Roast, the Air Fryer will alert you to turn Food with approximately one-third of the cooking remaining. Remove the Air Fryer Basket to turn or shake food to ensure even cooking. Cooking will recommence when the Air Fryer Basket is returned to the cooking chamber (or after 10 seconds if the Air Fryer Basket has not been removed).
- When using Reheat or Dehydrate, the Display will show the cooking time remaining and temperature. When the Smart Program ends, the Display will read End.
- Touch Cancel to end the Smart Program at any time. The Air Fryer returns to Standby and the Display reads OFF.
Additional Controls and Settings
Adjustments to Time and Temperature While Cooking
While Smart Program cooking is in progress (Display shows the cooking time remaining and temperature), touch Time or Temp rotate the Dial to the desired cooking time or temperature and press the Dial until it clicks. Cooking will continue with the adjusted time and temperature.
Note: Time and temperature adjustments made while cooking is in progress will apply to the current cooking session only and will not be saved to the selected Smart Program.
Reset Smart Program Time and Temperature Settings
With the Air Fryer in Standby mode (Display reads Off), touch and hold the Smart Program control you wish to reset to factory defaults for 5 seconds. The Smart Program cooking time and temperature are restored to the factory default settings.
Reset All Time and Temperature Settings
With the Air Fryer in Standby mode (Display reads Off), press and hold the Dial in for 5 seconds. All Smart Programs cooking times and temperatures are restored to the factory default settings.
Turn Sounds On or Off
With the Air Fryer in Standby mode (Display reads Off), press and hold the Time and Temp controls for 5 seconds. All sounds except error alerts will be toggled on or off.
Change Temperature Scale (°F or °C)
With any Smart Program selected or while Smart Program cooking is in progress (Display shows Smart Program cooking time and temperature), touch and hold the Temp control for 5 seconds. The temperature scale will switch to the opposite scale. To switch back, press and hold the Temp control again for 5 seconds.
- OFF Indicates that the Air Fryer is on Standby.
- On Indicates that the Air Fryer is in Preheat mode. (Not applicable to Reheat and Dehydrate.)
- Add Food Indicates that the Air Fryer has reached cooking temperature and food can be added. (Applicable only to Air Fry, Roast, Bake, and Broil.)
- [00:00 000F] Indicates that Smart Program is running. Cooking time remaining counts down in hours and minutes until 1 minute remains then counts down in seconds to Smart Program end.
- End Indicates that the Smart Program has ended.
Indicates that the Air Fryer is preheating. The Display reads On during preheating.
Indicates that Smart Program cooking is in progress. The Display shows cooking time remaining and temperature during cooking.
Indicates that food may be turned or shaken as required by your recipe. (Applicable only to Air Fry and Roast.) The Air Fryer will sound double beeps for ten seconds, then return to cooking.
- Connect the power cord to a 120 V power source. Air Fryer is in Standby and display indicates OFF.
Note: To wake the Air Fryer, press the dial button or touch the screen.
- Remove the Air Fryer Basket from the cooking chamber.
- Place the cooking tray on the bottom of the Air Fryer Basket.
Note: Ensure the indicator arrows point towards the back or the front of the Air Fryer.
- Insert the Air Fryer Basket back into the cooking chamber.
- Select Smart Program: Air Fry.
- Touch Temp, then use the dial to adjust the cooking temperature to 205ºC/400ºF. Touch Time, then use the dial to adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes.**Note: Smart Programs automatically save your last temperature and time settings.
- Touch Start to begin cooking. The display indicates On while the Air Fryer Preheats. To adjust the cooking time or temperature at any time during cooking, touch the Time or Temp key and rotate the dial.
- When the Air Fryer reaches the target temperature, the display reads Add Food. For this initial test, do not add food to the Air Fryer Basket.
- Carefully remove and re-insert the Air Fryer Basket.
The display shows the cooking time and temperature. Status Indicator reads Cook.
- Partway through the Smart Program, the Display will change to turn Food to remind you to flip or shake your items.
Remove the Air Fryer Basket to pause the Smart Program, turn or shake food as desired, and insert it into the cooking chamber to resume.
- When 1 minute remains, the Display will count down the remaining cooking time in seconds. When the Smart Program completes, the display indicates End and the fan continues to blow to cool the Air Fryer.
Smart Program Cooking Times and Temperatures
Default Smart Program cooking time and temperatures are as follows.
- Preheating is an important part of food preparation. Wait for the display to read Add Food before inserting food into the cooking chamber.
- Flip or rotate food when the display indicates turn Food to ensure even cooking.
- When cooking coated food, choose breadcrumb batters over liquid-based batters to ensure that the batter will stick to the food.
- To ensure seasoning adheres to food, spray food items with cooking oil before adding seasoning.
- Soak fresh potato sticks in ice water for 15 minutes, pat dry, and spray lightly with cooking oil before inserting them into the Air Fryer.
- When baking cake, pie, quiche, and similar foods, use an oven-safe baking dish covered with foil or an oven-safe lid to prevent the top of foods from overcooking.
- Pat moist food items dry before cooking to prevent excess steam and splatter.
- Air frying can cause oil and fat to drip from foods. To prevent excess smoke, carefully remove and drain the Air Fryer Basket periodically throughout cooking.
Recommended Cooking Times & Temperatures
Use the Smart Programs as a starting point and experiment with cooking times and temperatures to get the results you prefer. The following cooking times and temperatures are recommendations only. Always follow a trusted recipe.
Find dozens of easy-to-follow recipes or download the Instant Pot app.
Care & Cleaning
Clean your Air Fryer after each use.
Always unplug the Air Fryer and let it cool to room temperature before cleaning.Never use harsh chemical detergents, scouring pads, or powderson any of the parts or components.
Register your product today at instantappliances.com/support/register.
Vortex Air Fryers are equipped with automatic protection against overheating. If the temperature of the cooking chamber exceeds 450°F / 232°C, heating and fan operations are disabled and the Displays show one of two error codes: E1 or E2. If the problems persist or for any service issue, contact an authorized service representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-828-7280, or create a support ticket at instantappliances.com/support.
This Limited Warranty is effective for one year from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date and, if requested by an authorized representative of Instant Brands Inc. (“Instant Brands”), return of your appliance, is required to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Provided that this appliance is operated and maintained by written instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance, Instant Brands will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either: (i) repair defects in materials or workmanship; or (ii) replace the appliance. If your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty on the replacement appliance will expire 12 months from the date of the original consumer purchase. Any modification or attempted modification to your appliance may interfere with the safe operation of the appliance and will void this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not apply in respect of any appliance or any part thereof that has been altered or modified unless such alterations or modifications were expressly authorized by an Instant Brands representative.
Limitation and Exclusions
The liability of Instant Brands, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the operating instructions, normal wear and tear, commercial use, improper assembly, disassembly, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, fire, flood, acts of God or repair by anyone unless directed by an Instant Brands Representative;
- Repairs where your appliance is used for other than normal, personal use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary to published user or operator instructions; or
- Use of unauthorized parts and accessories, or repairs to parts and systems resulting from unauthorized repairs or modifications made to this appliance.
Disclaimer of Implied Warranties
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INSTANT BRANDS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, USAGE, CUSTOM OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE CONCERNING THE APPLIANCES OR PARTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DURABILITY. Some states or provinces do not allow for the exclusion of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. In these states and provinces, you have only the implied warranties that are expressly required to be provided by applicable law.
Limitation of Remedies; Exclusion of Incidental and Consequential Damage
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE APPLIANCE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. INSTANT BRANDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE APPLIANCE OR DAMAGES CONCERNING ANY ECONOMIC LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OR USE, COSTS OF REMOVAL, INSTALLATION OR OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND.
Please visit www.instantappliances.com/support/register to register your new Instant Brands™ appliance and validate your warranty within thirty (30) days of purchase. You will be asked to provide the store name, date of purchase, model number (found on the back of your appliance), and serial number (found on the bottom of your appliance) along with your name and email address.
The registration will enable us to keep you up to date with product developments, and recipes and contact you in the unlikely event of a product safety notification. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the instructions for use and warnings outlined in the accompanying instructions.
To obtain service under this warranty, please contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 1-800-828-7280 or by email at email@example.com. You can also create a support ticket online at www.instantappliances.com/support. If we are unable to resolve the problem, you may be asked to send your appliance to the service department for quality inspection.
Instant Brands is not responsible for shipping costs related to warranty service, save and except for shipping costs associated with the return of your appliance from Canada or within the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia of the United States of America, as provided herein. When returning your appliance, please include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and proof of the original purchase date as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
Instant Brands Inc. 11 – 300 Earl Grey Dr., Suite 383 Ottawa, Ontario K2T 1C1 Canada
Register your product today at:
Contact Customer Care:
FAQs About Instant VORTEX PLUS 6 Quart Air Fryer
Is a six-quart air fryer large enough?
While Chaperon uses her 6-quart air fryer for her family of three, it’s also the ideal size for a family of four, and depending on what you usually like to cook, it can even be a fantastic size air fryer for a family of six.
Which quick vortex plus 6-quart air fryer is another good choice?
The Instant Vortex Plus is the air fryer to have if you want a strong air fryer with a dehydrate feature. The Plus model features the same sleek body and spacious basket as our favorite Instant Vortex.
Would you recommend the instant vortex plus?
If you’re already familiar with air frying (or don’t mind doing your own research), the Instant Vortex Plus is a terrific purchase. However, if you’re seeking for more functionality, we also suggest the Cuisinart Digital AirFryer Toaster Oven.
Is it wise to get the Vortex air fryer?
One of the greatest air fryers available today, in terms of both performance and design, is the Instant Vortex Plus Dual Drawer. Whether you’re preparing handmade chips or a hearty English breakfast, the cook times are quick and the results are just as good—if not better—than using a traditional oven.
Is using foil in an instant vortex air fryer okay?
In an air fryer, aluminum foil can be used, however it should only be placed inside the basket. When air-frying citrus, tomatoes, or peppers, stay away from using foil since metal reacts with acidic foods. It’s preferable to use a bare basket or parchment paper since they won’t impede the cooking process.
Which vortex air fryer is the largest?
The Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven will up your air fry game because it has a rotating spit and much more cooking capacity to prepare whatever your oven can.
Which Vortex air fryer is the largest?
Our most versatile air fryer to date is the InstantTM Vortex® Plus VersaZone. At 320 x 240 mm, it boasts the greatest drawer size. It also has VersaZoneTM technology, which allows you to easily move between two separately controlled cooking zones and one extra-large cooking drawer.
What is meant by a vortex air fryer?
The innovative kitchen tool known as the Vortex air fryer cooks food by using hot air and a rotating fan. offering a more healthful substitute for conventional frying techniques.
What distinguishes instant vortex plus from instant vortex?
Since the Instant Vortex is a four-in-one air fryer, it can air fry, roast, bake, and reheat food. On the other hand, the Instant Vortex Plus offers all of these features along with the added ability to grill and dehydrate. When grilling, consider burgers, steaks, and halloumi.
Can I fill my Instant Vortex Air Fryer with water?
No liquid of any type should be placed within the cooking chamber to prevent electrical shock. 7. Children and those with diminished physical, sensory, or mental capacities should not use this equipment. When using this appliance near children or those who are susceptible to injury, close supervision is required.
For more manuals by Instant ManualsDock