Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
About Hamilton Beach
The American company Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Corporation is a designer, marketer, and distributor of home appliances as well as commercial restaurant equipment. These products are largely sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Care must be taken, as burns can occur from touching hot parts or from spilled, hot liquid.
- To protect against electric shock, do not place cord, plug or coffee maker in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from outlet when either the Coffee Maker or clock is not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
- The coffee maker must be operated on a flat surface away from the edge of the counter to prevent accidental tipping.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Use only the carafe provided with the appliance.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including stove.
- The carafe is designed for use with this coffee maker. It must never be used on a range top or in a microwave oven.
- Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface.
- Do not use a cracked carafe or one with a loose or weakened handle.
- Do not clean the carafe with cleansers, steel wool pads, or other abrasive materials.
- Be certain the carafe lid is securely in place during brew cycle and when pouring coffee. Do not use force when placing the lid on the carafe.
- Do not place the coffee maker on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- To disconnect Coffee Maker, turn the controls to OFF and then remove plug from wall outlet. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Warning! To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove the bottom cover. No user-serviceable parts are inside. Repair should be done by authorized service personnel only.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- The keep-Warm plate may remain hot after the coffee maker is turned off.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
This appliance is provided with a polarized plug (one wide blade) to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet. The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over. To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit with this appliance.
Parts and Features
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Wash all removable parts in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry. Brew one cycle with water and discard water.
How to Make Coffee
WARNING Burn Hazard.
To avoid hot coffee overflowing from the filter basket:
- When using decaffeinated coffee, do not exceed the coffee manufacturer’s recommended serving amount.
- Ensure swivel filter basket is completely closed.
If filter basket overflow occurs, unplug coffee maker and allow coffee in filter basket to cool before removing filter basket.
If the coffee maker is not turned off manually, it will automatically shut off in 2 hours and the power light will turn off.
To Program Automatic Brew
White LED will illuminate to indicate PROGRAM is activated. White LED light will turn off when the unit begins to brew at the preprogrammed time.
- Choose a brew option. Then, hold PROG button. Next, press and pulse TIME button to set desired brewing hour in AM or PM. Wait 3 seconds; minutes will flash. Then press and pulse TIME button to increase to set minutes. Set time will display constant. Release PROG and current time is displayed.
- Press and release PROG again to activate automatic brew. PROG light will illuminate.
Tips for Best-Tasting Coffee
- All coffees are made from either arabica beans or robusta beans, or some combination of both. Arabica beans are slightly more expensive, but tend to produce better-tasting coffee.
- Ground coffee will become stale much faster than whole beans. If buying preground coffee, chose a package with the latest expiration date or a smaller quantity.
- If grinding whole beans, set your coffee grinder on a fine/medium grind. This will yield the best-tasting grounds. Try to use freshly ground coffee within about a week of grinding.
- Using a water filter, filtered water, or bottled water will yield better-tasting coffee than tap water.
- Use approximately 1 tablespoon of grounds for each cup of coffee being made. To avoid overflow, use about 1/3 less grounds when brewing decaf or flavored coffees.
- Make sure your coffee maker is clean. See “Care and Cleaning” section.
How to Use the Brew Options and Clean Notification
Your coffee maker will default to the “Regular” strength coffee setting when brewing.
- For stronger coffee, press the BREW OPTIONS button until “BOLD” is illuminated.
- For small amounts, use the 1–4 cup setting by pressing the BREW OPTIONS button until “1–4 CUPS” is illuminated.
- Then, press the I/ ON/OFF button or set the Automatic Brew to start the coffee maker after your brew option has been selected.
If unit is always plugged in, after 30 cycles CLEAN will scroll across the display. Follow the directions for “Care and Cleaning.”
- Performing the cleaning procedure will clear the display.
- The brew cycle counter resets every time the coffee maker is unplugged.
If you do not want to perform the cleaning procedure, press the I/ ON/OFF button two times to clear the display.
Care and Cleaning
WARNING Shock Hazard.
Do not immerse cord, plug, or coffee maker in any liquid.
All coffee makers should be cleaned at least once a month (once a week for areas with hard water).
How to Replace the Water Filter
For better-tasting coffee, use a water filter. Filter replacement is recommended every 60 cycles.
To order parts:
www.hamiltonbeach.com Canada: 1.800.267.2826 Mexico: 01 800 71 16 100
Carafe Safety Precautions
- Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe having a loose or weakened handle.
- This carafe is designed to be used only on the keep-hot plate of your coffee maker. Do not use on a gas or electric range top, or in a microwave or conventional oven.
- To avoid breakage, handle the carafe with care. Avoid impact. Glass will break as a result of the impact. Use care when filling with water to avoid hitting the faucet.
- Do not place hot carafe on cool or wet surface. Allow to cool before washing or adding liquids.
- Do not set the empty carafe on a hot heating surface.
- Do not clean with steel wool pads, abrasive cleanser, or any other materials that may scratch. • Do not place hands inside the carafe. When handling, be careful if wearing any hand jewelry, especially diamond rings. Jewelry can scratch the glass, which increases the possibility of breakage.
- Do not bump, scratch, or boil dry.
- Discard the carafe if it is cracked, scratched, or heated while empty for an extended period of time.
- To avoid accidents, do not pour in the direction of people.
- If stirring in the carafe, use only wooden, plastic, or rubber utensils. Do not use metal utensils.
- Follow the above safety precautions carefully to avoid serious burn injuries which may result if breakage occurs while the carafe holds heated liquids.
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty or condition. This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase in Canada and one (1) year from the date of original purchase in the U.S. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or any component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us and our returning a product or component under this warranty to you.
If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace it with a similar one of equal or greater value. This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions, or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse.
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim. This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120V ~ 60 Hz). We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by a breach of express or implied warranty.
All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
To make a warranty claim, do not return this appliance to the store. Please call 1.800.851.8900 in the U.S. or 1.800.267.2826 in Canada or visit hamiltonbeach.com in the U.S. or hamiltonbeach.ca in Canada. For faster service, locate the model, type, and series numbers on your appliance.
FAQs – Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker User Guide
Q: What is a Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker?
A: A Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker is a kitchen appliance designed to brew coffee automatically at pre-set times. It allows you to program the brewing time, so you can wake up to a fresh cup of coffee or have it ready when you come home.
Q: How does a Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker work?
A: The coffee maker typically consists of a water reservoir, a heating element, a coffee filter basket, and a carafe. You fill the reservoir with water, add coffee grounds to the filter basket, set the desired brewing time and other options (such as brew strength), and then the machine automatically heats the water and brews the coffee at the designated time.
Q: Can I control the strength of the coffee brewed by a Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker?
A: Yes, many Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers offer options to adjust the brew strength. You can usually choose between regular or bold settings, allowing you to customize the strength of your coffee to your preference.
Q: Can I program the Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker to brew multiple cups?
A: Yes, Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers often come in various sizes, allowing you to brew multiple cups at once. The capacity typically ranges from 10 to 12 cups, depending on the model you choose.
Q: Is the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker easy to clean?
A: Yes, Hamilton Beach coffee makers are generally easy to clean. The removable parts, such as the filter basket and carafe, are usually dishwasher-safe. The machine may also have a self-cleaning feature that helps remove mineral deposits and keep the internal components clean.
Q: Can I pause the brewing process to pour a cup of coffee before it finishes?
A: Yes, most Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers come with a pause and serve function. This feature allows you to temporarily pause the brewing cycle, remove the carafe, pour a cup of coffee, and then place the carafe back to continue the brewing process.
Q: Does the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker have an automatic shut-off feature?
A: Yes, many models have an automatic shut-off feature. After a certain period of time (typically one to two hours), the coffee maker will turn off automatically to save energy and ensure safety.
Q: Can I use pre-ground coffee or do I need to grind my own beans?
A: Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers are compatible with both pre-ground coffee and freshly ground beans. Some models even include a built-in grinder, allowing you to grind your own beans for a fresher brew.
Q: Are there any additional features or functions I should know about?
A: Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers may offer additional features such as a digital display, programmable brewing options, adjustable brew strength, automatic pause and serve, self-cleaning cycles, and water filtration systems. The available features may vary depending on the specific model you choose.
Q: Where can I purchase a Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker?
A: You can find Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Makers in various retail stores, including home appliance stores, department stores, and online marketplaces like Amazon or the official Hamilton Beach website.
Pdf – Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker User Guide
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Hamilton-Beach-Programmable-Coffee-Maker-User-Guide.pdf” download=”all”]
For more manuals, visit Manualsdock