Keurig is a well-known brand specializing in single-serve coffee makers and brewing systems. Renowned for its innovative K-Cup pod system, Keurig offers a variety of coffee, tea, and other beverage options. Their machines provide convenience and versatility, allowing users to brew a wide range of hot and cold beverages quickly and easily at home or in commercial settings.
Before You Brew
- Plug & Place Remove the packing tape from the coffee maker. Plug into an outlet. Place a large mug (296 ml/10 oz minimum) on the drip tray.
- Rinse & Fill Remove the water reservoir lid, then lift the reservoir straight up to remove it. If you have a Keurig® Water Filter, install it now. Refer to your Water Filter Starter Kit for instructions. Rinse the reservoir with fresh water and fill it to the MAX FILL line. Replace the water reservoir, making sure the tank is seated properly in the base. Replace lid.
NOTE: Do not use distilled water
- Lift & Lower Lift and lower the handle. Do not insert a recyclable* K-Cup® pod. The coffee maker will power on automatically.
- Cleansing Brew The 3-cup sizes will blink. Press the 8 oz button to start a cleansing brew. Pour the hot water into the sink. Do not remove the water reservoir or lift the handle once the brew button has been pressed until the brew has been completed. The one-time setup process is now complete and you are ready to brew!
- Place Mug & Pod Place a mug on the drip tray. If using a travel mug, remove the drip tray and place the mug on the drip tray base. Lift the handle and place a recyclable* K-Cup® pod in the K-Cup® pod holder. Lower the handle completely to close the lid. Do not remove the foil lid on the recyclable* K-Cup® pod.
- Brew & Enjoy! The 3 brew sizes will blink. Select and press your brew size. The light will remain illuminated while brewing. Brewing is complete when the sizes are all illuminated. Lift the handle and recycle the recyclable* K-Cup® pod. (See instructions below.)
CAUTION: While brewing, there is extremely hot water in the K-Cup® pod holder. To avoid injury, do not lift the handle during the brewing process.
Coffee Maker Features
- FAST & FRESH-BREWED: Coffee made in minutes.
- BACK-TO-BACK BREWING: Immediately brew a second cup, no need to wait for reheating.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Accommodates travel mugs up to 17.8 cm (7”) tall.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any recyclable* K-Cup® pod and use the button controls to brew a delicious cup.
- MAINTENANCE ALERT: Reminds you to descale after every 250 brews.
COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP® UNIVERSAL
- REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Auto Off automatically turns your coffee maker off 5 minutes after the last brew for energy savings but will be ready to brew as soon as it is powered on again.
High Altitude To ensure your coffee maker works properly at higher altitudes (1,500 metres/5,000 feet) please enable the High Altitude Brewing Mode on your coffee maker.
- Begin with the coffee maker plugged in and powered off.
- Press and hold the POWER button and 8 oz button for 3 seconds. The 10 oz button will illuminate to confirm that the High Altitude Brewing Mode has been enabled.
- High Altitude Mode will remain enabled until steps 1-2 are repeated and the 10 oz light turns off and the 6 oz light turns on to confirm that the High Altitude Brewing mode is disabled.
HIGH ALTITUDE BREWING:
While holding the coffee maker handle up, push down slowly on the recyclable* K-Cup® pod in the pod holder until the bottom of the recyclable* K-Cup® pod is punctured by the exit needle.
Caring For Your Coffee Maker
Regular cleaning keeps your coffee maker running smoothly. Always be sure to turn off and unplug your coffee maker before cleaning.
Coffee Maker Exterior
Keep your Keurig® coffee maker looking its best by cleaning the exterior from time to time. Just clean with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
Never immerse the coffee maker in water or other liquids.
The drip tray overflow should be emptied and cleaned occasionally. To remove, lift up off the coffee maker base, keeping it level to avoid spilling. Rinse and clean with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. Hand washes only.
The water reservoir should be cleaned periodically by wiping the inside of the reservoir and the underside of the lid with a damp, non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. Do not dry the inside of the water reservoir with a cloth as lint may remain. Allow the reservoir to dry completely. Hand washes only.
For great-tasting coffee, keep your coffee maker running at peak performance by following the recommended maintenance schedule:
|Every 2 months
|Keurig® Water Filters
|Keeps your water fresh and helps remove impurities
|Every 3 months or when the Descale notification turns on*
|Keurig® Descaling Solution
|Eliminates mineral buildup to preserve the long-term health of your coffee maker
To turn off Descale notification, follow the full descaling procedure as outlined in this guide.
If the coffee maker has been in storage or hasn’t been used in days, run a cleansing brew before brewing your beverage.
Periodically hand-wash the water reservoir and lid and drip tray with warm soapy water and rinse clean.
CAUTION: Parts are not dishwasher safe.
NOTE: Do not dry the inside of the water reservoir with a cloth as lint may remain.
K-Cup® Pod Holder Assembly
To remove the K-Cup® pod holder from the coffee maker, lift the handle and grasp the top of the K-Cup® pod holder with one hand while pushing up on the bottom of the K-Cup® pod holder from underneath with the other until it releases. After cleaning, align the K-Cup® pod holder with the opening using the two front ribs as a guide and snap it into place from the top.
CAUTION: There are sharp needles that puncture the recyclable* K-Cup® pod above the K-Cup® pod holder and in the bottom of the K-Cup® pod holder. To avoid the risk of injury, do not put your fingers in the K-Cup® pod holder.
NOTE: Always remove and recycle the used recyclable* K-Cup® pod after brewing.
Washing the funnel ensures a fresh beverage experience. The funnel should be washed regularly and can be removed from the K-Cup® pod holder by pulling on it until it pops off. To replace it, orient the snaps to the indent and just snap it back onto the K-Cup® pod holder.
Remove the pod holder assembly and detach the funnel. Locate the exit needle on the inside bottom of the K-Cup® pod holder. Insert a straightened paper clip into the exit needle to loosen any coffee grounds.
Lift the coffee maker handle and locate the entrance needle on the underside of the lid. To clean the holes in the needle, hold the coffee maker handle in the upward position, and with your other hand, carefully insert a straightened paper clip into all the holes. Gently move it around to loosen any coffee grounds. Lower the handle completely and run a cleansing brew two times. Do not insert a recyclable* K-Cup® pod.
Note: the full descaling procedure must be completed to turn off the Descale light.
You will need a large ceramic mug (296 ml/10 oz minimum), fresh water, Keurig® Descaling Solution, and access to a sink. Do not use a paper cup. Ensure that there is no beverage pod in the K-Cup® pod holder. The descaling procedure takes approximately 20 minutes.
STEP 1: Prepare the Coffee Maker Pour the entire bottle of Keurig® Descaling Solution into an empty water reservoir. Then, fill the empty bottle with water and pour it into the water reservoir.
Do not insert a recyclable* K-Cup® pod. Place a large mug on the drip tray
STEP 2: Descale the Coffee Maker To activate Descale Mode, begin with the coffee maker plugged in and powered off, then press and hold the 6 oz and 10 oz buttons together for 3 seconds. When flashing, press the 8 oz button to start the descaling process. Once the brew is complete, pour the hot liquid into the sink. Continue to brew 8 oz until the ADD WATER light illuminates
STEP 3: Fresh Water Rinse Empty the water reservoir and refill to the MAX fill line with fresh water. When flashing, press the 8 oz button to start the rinsing process. Once the brew is complete, pour the hot liquid into the sink. Continue to brew 8 oz until the DESCALE notification turns off. The coffee maker has now exited Descale Mode and will be ready for use.
NOTE: The cleaning action of Keurig® Descaling Solution may result in a “foam” dispensed from the coffee maker. This is natural, as the solution is reacting with the scale inside. For a coffee maker that is heavily scaled, the coffee maker may not fill properly after the descaler is added. If this occurs, you may see only a small or no output dispensed, followed by the sound of air blowing out. If this occurs:
- Turn off and unplug the coffee maker.
- If there is Keurig® Descaling Solution in the water reservoir, discard the contents, rinse the water reservoir thoroughly, and refill it with water.
- Plug the coffee maker back in, power it on, and repeat the Step 3 Fresh Water Rinse cycle.
The coffee maker should begin to function normally as the solution is rinsed out and the scale is removed. If the problem persists, allow the coffee maker to sit unplugged for at least 30 minutes before continuing with the rinse.
Grounds in Your Coffee
Grounds may have gathered in the exit or entrance needles and can be cleaned using a straightened paper clip or similar tool.
- Clean the exit needle of the K-Cup® pod holder. Refer to the Exit Needle care instructions.
- Clean the coffee maker entrance needle. Refer to the Entrance Needle care instructions.
For optimal enjoyment and to limit grounds in your cup during hot water brews or when transitioning from brewing a coffee pod to a non-coffee pod (i.e. tea or cocoa), clean the exit and entrance needles per the instructions provided and perform 2 cleansing brews.
Coffee Maker Will Not Brew
- The water level must be at the minimum line to brew. Add an additional 2 oz of water to the reservoir to ensure the minimum fill level has been met, then press the size button. Repeat until the coffee maker begins to dispense.
- Lift up and replace the reservoir to ensure a secure fit on the base.
Brewing a Partial Cup
- Power the coffee maker off. Press and hold the 10 oz button for 5 seconds until water starts dispensing. Then release and let the water purge. Discard the contents into the sink. Press the power button to restart.
- The exit needle may be clogged. Refer to the Exit Needle care instructions.
- Clean the K-Cup® Pod Holder, see K-Cup® Pod Holder care instructions.
- The coffee maker may need to be descaled. If you have repeated the descaling procedure on your coffee maker two times and it is still only brewing a partial cup, contact Customer Service.
The coffee Maker Does Not Have Power or Shuts Off
- Make sure that the power button has been turned on.
- Plug the coffee maker into its own outlet. If the electric circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your coffee maker may not function properly. The coffee maker should be operated on its own circuit, separate from other appliances.
- For energy savings, the coffee maker automatically turns off 5 minutes after the last brew. Press the power button to restart.
- If the coffee maker still doesn’t have power, contact Customer Service.
Water quality varies greatly. If you notice an undesirable taste in your beverage (such as chlorine or mineral tastes), we recommend using bottled or filtered water. Do not use distilled water.
Beyond these recommended cleaning and maintenance procedures, this coffee maker is not user serviceable. For service, please refer to the Warranty section of this guide.
Empty the water reservoir before storing or transporting and take care to ensure that you store your coffee maker in a safe and frost-free environment. When you prepare to use it after storage, we recommend rinsing the water reservoir with fresh water and descaling the coffee maker as detailed in the Descaling your Coffee Maker section.
If you plan to move your coffee maker to a different location, turn the coffee maker off, unplug it, and empty the water reservoir. If your coffee maker has been in an environment below freezing, please be sure to let it warm to room
temperature for at least 2 hours before using.
Click or Call!
We’re here to help. Visit keurig.ca/support_1 for step-by-step videos on cleaning, descaling, and more.
Still, Need Help?
Give us a call at
Warranty LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) warrants that your coffee maker will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal home use for one year from the date of purchase. It is recommended that you register your coffee maker on keurig.ca/welcome so that your purchase information will be stored in our system. Keurig will, at its option, repair or replace a defective coffee maker without charge upon its receipt of proof of the date of purchase.
If a replacement coffee maker is necessary to service this warranty, the replacement coffee maker may be new or reconditioned. If a replacement coffee maker is sent, a new limited one-year warranty will be applied to the replacement coffee maker.
This warranty only applies to coffee makers operated in the United States and Canada. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and, in the case of Canada, from province to province.
Only the use of Keurig® K-Cup® brand pods and accessories will guarantee the proper functioning and lifetime of your Keurig® coffee maker. Any damage to or malfunction of your coffee maker resulting from the use of non-Keurig® pods and accessories may not be covered by this warranty or may result in a service fee if the damage or malfunction is determined to be caused by such use.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you depending on the state or province of purchase. Nor does this warranty cover damages caused by the use of non-Keurig® pods or accessories, services performed by anyone other than Keurig or its authorized service providers, use of parts other than genuine Keurig® parts, or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inappropriate power supply, or acts of God.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL. IN ADDITION, KEURIG HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR KEURIG® COFFEE MAKER, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Some states or provinces do not allow disclaimers of such implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you depending on the state or the province of purchase.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE?
Keurig® coffee makers are high-quality appliances and, with proper care, are intended to provide years of satisfying performance. However, should the need arise for warranty servicing, simply call Keurig Customer Service at our toll-free phone number 1-800-361-5628. Please do not return your coffee maker for servicing without first speaking to Keurig Customer Service to obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number. Keurig® coffee makers returned without an RMA number will be returned to the sender without servicing.
SINGLE-SERVE COFFEE MAKER
- K-Cup® Pod Holder (B and C are the K-Cup® Pod Holder Assembly)
- K-Cup® Pod Assembly
- Drip Tray Plate
- Drip Tray
- Drip Tray Base
- Water Reservoir Lid
- Water Reservoir
Coffeehouse taste in your own home.
FAQs KEURIG K Express Essentials K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
When does the KEURIG K Express Essentials K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker start to brew?
The K-Cup and Coffee Pod’s Effectiveness Keurig coffee makers heat water quickly at first, starting the process in just a few minutes. A cup of coffee can be brewed in less than a minute once the water has been heated.
Uses reusable filters in the KEURIG K Express Essentials K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker?
For use with the K-Express Essentials, pick between a permanent mesh filter and a reusable filter cup with disposable paper filters. * KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN, INC.’S REGISTERED TRADEMARK IS KEURIG®.
Will the KEURIG K Express Essentials K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker brew hot water?
With the Keurig 2.0 K500, you must lift and close the handle without inserting the pod in order to dispense hot water. The machine will give you the choice to dispense 6 ounces of hot water. You must press and hold the brew button to accomplish this.
How often should my Keurig be used before I use it?
Clean the reservoir thoroughly, then dry it only on the outside. Before using, replace the reservoir and make two cleansing brews with hot water.
Keurig pods last how long?
No matter what the expiration date on the package indicates, these pods typically won’t go bad for at least eight months to a year as long as the integrity of the seal and packaging are intact. K-Cup Pods are sealed tightly against oxygen, light, and moisture after being flushed with nitrogen.
Can I use my KEURIG K Express Essentials K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker without a filter?
No. If you like, you can use tap water in the Keurig instead of one. I drink purified bottled water or filtered water from my refrigerator (which is purer than tap water). More than anything else, it has to do with getting rid of any unpleasant tastes in the water.
How should my Keurig Express be cleaned?
The large cup should be placed on a drip tray. After the coffee maker is shut off and plugged in, press and hold the 6 oz and 10 oz buttons together for 3 seconds to enter Descale Mode. Press the 8 oz button to initiate the descaling procedure when it begins to flash. Pour the hot mixture into the sink as soon as the brew is finished.
How long can a Keurig filter be used?
Depending on usage, a Keurig water filter needs to be replaced every three to six months. Remove the used water filter and the water filter holder from the water tank.
Should Keurig be cleaned before use?
At this stage, all we’re trying to do is clean the water reservoir so it may be used for the first time. The water reservoir should be taken apart and cleaned using a soft cloth or sponge, soap, and warm or hot water. Be careful not to use a rough Brillo pad!
What occurs if a Keurig is used without water?
The machine won’t be able to brew without water, which could lead to the motor overheating and even breaking. Also, operating a coffee maker without water could result in clogging and malfunction, costing you money in repairs.
For more manuals by Keurig, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/KEURIG-K•Express-Essentials-K-Cup-Pod-Coffee-Maker.pdf” download=”all”]