Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker
ABOUT Mr. Coffee
Mr. Coffee is a well-known brand specializing in coffee-related appliances and accessories. Here’s a brief overview of Mr. Coffee:
- Coffee Machines: Mr. Coffee offers a range of coffee machines, including drip coffee makers, espresso machines, single-serve brewers, and specialty coffee makers. Their machines are designed to brew coffee quickly and easily, catering to different preferences and brewing styles.
- Features and Technology: Mr. Coffee machines come with various features such as programmable timers, brew-strength selectors, auto shut-off, and water filtration systems. Some models also incorporate advanced technologies like thermal carafes to keep coffee hot for longer periods.
- Accessories: In addition to coffee machines, Mr. Coffee provides a variety of accessories such as coffee grinders, filters, carafes, and replacement parts. These accessories complement their coffee machines and enhance the overall coffee brewing experience.
- Brand Legacy: Mr. Coffee has a long-standing history, being one of the pioneers in bringing automatic drip coffee makers to households. With a reputation for quality and affordability, Mr. Coffee has become a trusted and recognizable brand in the coffee industry.
- Customer Support: The brand offers customer support services, including product registration, troubleshooting guides, and warranty coverage. They strive to ensure customer satisfaction and provide assistance when needed.
Overall, Mr. Coffee is a reputable brand known for its coffee machines and related products. Whether you’re a casual coffee drinker or a passionate coffee enthusiast, Mr. Coffee offers a range of options to suit your brewing needs and preferences.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE MACHINE.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plugs, or machine in water or other liquids.
- Close adult supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children.
- Turn the unit off and unplug it from the outlet when Coffeemaker is not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return this appliance only to the nearest Authorized Service Center for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended for MR. COFFEE® products may cause hazards or injuries.
- Do not use outdoors. This Coffeemaker is for household use only.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or countertop or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- To disconnect, remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Use on a hard, flat-level surface only, to avoid interruption of airflow underneath the appliance.
Decanter Use and Care
Breakage may occur if the following instructions are not followed: Use only decanters specifically designed for MR. COFFEE® Coffeemakers.
- This decanter is designed for use with your MR. COFFEE® Coffeemaker and therefore must never be used on a range top or in any oven, INCLUDING A MICROWAVE.
- Do not set a hot decanter on a wet or cold surface.
- Do not use a cracked decanter or a decanter with a loose or weakened handle.
- Do not clean the decanter with cleansers, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials.
- Discard the decanter immediately if it is ever boiled dry.
- Avoid sharp blows, scratches or rough handling.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove any service covers. No user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done by authorized personnel only. Opening the bottom service cover will void the warranty.
Special Cord Set Instructions
- A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- An extension cord may be purchased and used if care is exercised in its use.
- If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord must be at least 10 amps and 120 volts. The resulting extended cord must be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over accidentally.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
Setting Up Your Coffeemaker
Congratulations on the purchase of your new MR. COFFEE® coffeemaker! Please read these instructions carefully before using your new coffeemaker. Proper use, care and maintenance will ensure trouble-free operation and the long life of this appliance. Save these instructions for cleaning and, if necessary, replacement parts information.
Operation and Use
Before First Use
Before using your Coffeemaker for the first time, wash the decanter/lid and removable brew basket (black) using mild, non-abrasive detergent and water. Rinse each thoroughly. Follow Steps 4 – 6 (Brewing Coffee) using water, to clean the inside.
- Open the swing-out brew basket. Insert an MR. COFFEE® 4-Cup filter into the black inner brew basket.
- Add the desired amount of coffee, referring to the Coffee Measurement Chart. (See Page 7) Shake lightly to level the coffee.
- Be sure the paper filter is centered before closing the brew basket.
- Fill the decanter with cold water to desired capacity as marked on the side of the decanter (1 cup = 5 oz). To brew 4 cups of coffee, fill the decanter to the bottom of the metal band.
- Pour the water into the water reservoir. Note: For easy and accurate filling, refer to cup markings inside the reservoir. Place the empty decanter onto the warming plate.
- Plug the cord into the electrical outlet and turn your Coffeemaker switch to the “ON” position. When the coffee stops flowing, the brewing cycle is complete.
Note: The warming plate will keep your coffee piping hot until you turn your Coffeemaker off.
- After the contents have cooled, carefully remove the one-piece brew basket and discard the used grounds and filter. Rinse the inner brew basket and replace it.
Note: Remove the decanter from the warming plate before opening the brew basket. This will prevent the drip stop valve from catching on the decanter lid.
- To make another pot of coffee, repeat Steps 1 – 7.
- Be sure to turn your Coffeemaker off when the decanter is empty and you are no longer using your Coffeemaker. Please unplug the power cord when not in use.
Warning: To avoid the risk of personal injury or damage to property as a result of overflow, be sure the decanter is squarely centered under the brew basket during the brewing cycle. Brewed coffee and grounds, both in the brew basket and decanter, are very hot. Handle with care to avoid scalding. If the brew basket overflows, or if the brew basket fails to drain into the decanter during the brew cycle, do not open or handle the basket. Unplug Coffeemaker and wait for the contents to cool before handling them.
DIAGRAM OF PARTS
SUGGESTED COFFEE MEASUREMENT CHART
For best results, use a level coffee scoop of fresh coffee beans. When using pre-ground coffee, use a level tablespoon (Tbsp.) or level coffee scoops of drip grind or a grind recommended for automatic drip coffeemakers.
BREWING PAUSE ‘N SERVE
Our Brewing Pause ‘n Serve feature allows you up to 30 seconds to pour a cup while the coffee is still brewing. It also prevents any remaining coffee in the brew basket from dripping onto the warming plate once the brew cycle is complete.
To prevent injury from hot overflow, replace the decanter within 30 seconds if removed during brewing. If the decanter is not replaced within 30 seconds, the filter basket will fill with water and overflow.
Your Coffeemaker must be cleaned when you begin to notice excessive steaming or the brewing time increases considerably. This condition is caused by a build-up of lime and mineral deposits from your water. If the pumping action stops before all the water has been pumped out of the machine, the appliance requires cleaning. The frequency of cleaning depends on the hardness of the water used. The following table gives a suggested cleaning schedule.
Your Coffeemaker may be cleaned by using MR. COFFEE® Cleaner or vinegar. MR. COFFEE® Cleaner is available at many retail stores or by calling the Sunbeam Consumer Service Department at 1-800-MR COFFEE (1-800-672-6333).
USING MR. COFFEE® CLEANER
Please refer to MR. COFFEE® CLEANER box for instructions. Read the caution statement on the side panel of box before use.
- Fill the decanter to the bottom of the metal band with undiluted white household vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the water reservoir of the Coffeemaker.
- Place a filter into the brew basket and close the brew basket.
- Place the empty decanter on the warming plate. Turn the switch to the “ON” position. When three cups have flowed through, turn the Coffeemaker to “OFF.” Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- After 1/2 hour, pour vinegar back into the Coffeemaker. Place the empty decanter on the warming plate.
- Turn the Coffeemaker to “ON” and let all of the vinegar pass through the Coffeemaker again.
- Once the brew cycle is complete, discard the vinegar and filter.
- To flush out all traces of vinegar, pour a decanter full of tap water into the Coffeemaker, and turn the switch to the “ON” position. Allow water to cycle through.
- Discard water and turn Coffeemaker off. Repeat Steps 7 and 8.
CLEANING THE DECANTER
Decanter and Lid Are Top-Rack Dishwasher Safe Hard water can leave a whitish mineral deposit inside the decanter. coffee and tea discolor these deposits, sometimes leaving a brownish stain inside the decanter. To remove these stains, follow these easy steps.
- Use a solution of equal parts white vinegar and hot water.
- Let the solution stand in a decanter for about 20 minutes. Discard.
- Wash and rinse the decanter thoroughly using a soft cloth. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners. These may cause scratches and can lead to breakage.
Service and Maintenance
For better-tasting coffee and tea, we recommend that you use MR. COFFEE® brand 4-cup paper filters or MR. COFFEE® brand permanent filters. These filters are available at most grocery stores.
You can usually purchase a replacement decanter from the store where you purchased your coffeemaker. If you are unable to find a replacement, please call 1-800 MR COFFEE (1-800-672-6333) in the U.S. and Canada for information on where you can find a store that carries replacement decanters.
If your coffeemaker requires service, do not return it to the store where you purchased it. All repairs must be made by Sunbeam or by an authorized MR. COFFEE® Service Center. If you live in the U.S. or Canada, please call us at the following toll-free telephone number to find the location of the nearest authorized service center:
1-800 MR COFFEE (1-800-672-6333)
To assist us in serving you, please have the model number (AR4 or AR5) and date of purchase information when you call.
Questions, Comments, and Suggestions
We welcome your thoughts; please include your complete name, address and telephone number when you write or e-mail us at:
You may also visit our website and discover the secret to brewing the perfect cup of coffee. You’ll also find a rich blend of gourmet recipes, entertaining tips and the latest information on MR. COFFEE® products.
FAQs about Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker
Q: What is the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker?
A: The Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker is a popular coffee maker manufactured by Mr. Coffee. It is designed to brew coffee quickly and easily, providing a simple and convenient way to make your favorite coffee at home.
Q: How does the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker work?
A: The Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker operates by adding water to the reservoir, placing a coffee filter and ground coffee in the removable filter basket, and then turning on the machine. The water is heated and drips through the coffee grounds, extracting the flavors and aromas, and collecting in the carafe below.
Q: Is the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker programmable?
A: No, the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker does not have programmable features. It is a basic coffee maker designed for simplicity and ease of use.
Q: Can I use paper filters with the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker?
A: Yes, the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker is compatible with standard paper filters. Simply place the paper filter in the removable filter basket and add the desired amount of ground coffee.
Q: How do I clean the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker?
A: To clean the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker, unplug the machine and allow it to cool. Discard any remaining coffee grounds and remove the filter basket. Wash the carafe, filter basket, and lid with warm, soapy water. The coffee maker itself can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the coffee maker in water.
Q: Can I make tea with the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker?
A: While the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker is primarily designed for brewing coffee, you can also use it to make tea. Simply replace the coffee grounds with tea leaves or tea bags, and follow the same brewing process.
Q: Is the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker available in different colors?
A: The Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker is commonly available in black or white color options. However, availability may vary depending on the retailer or specific model.
Q: Does the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker have an automatic shut-off feature?
A: No, the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker does not have an automatic shut-off feature. It is important to remember to turn off the coffee maker manually after use.
Q: What is the warranty period for the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker?
A: The warranty period for the Mr. Coffee DR5-RB Simple Brew Coffee Maker may vary depending on the retailer and region. It is recommended to check the warranty information provided by the manufacturer or contact customer support for the most accurate details.
For more manuals by MR.COFFEE, visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Mr.-Coffee-DR5-RB-Simple-Brew-Coffee-Maker-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]