Buyers Products 8883000 Rearview Backup 7-inch Camera
About Buyers Products
Buyers Products is a leading provider of durable equipment and accessories for industries such as construction, landscaping, and transportation. Specializing in truck and trailer hardware, towing equipment, and snow and ice control solutions, Buyers Products is known for its reliability and innovation. The company’s customer-centric approach ensures high-quality solutions for professionals in challenging work environments.
What’s in the Box?
- 8883116- 16′ Camera Cable
- 8883132- 32’Camera Cable
- 8883165- 65′ Camera Cable 8883182- 82′ Camera Cable
- 8883101- Standard Camera
- Recessed Bullet Camera
- Side Surface-mount Camera
- Sphere Surface-mount Camera
- 8883108- Dual Camera
Please read all of the installation instructions carefully before installing the product. Improper installation will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Congratulations on purchasing a Rear Observation System With a Night Vision Camera. With this manual, you will be able to properly install and operate the unit. The Rear Observation System is intended to be installed as a supplement aid to your standard rearview mirror that already exists in your vehicle. The Rear Observation System should not be used as a substitute for the standard rearview mirror or for any other mirror that exists in your vehicle. In some jurisdictions, it is unlawful for a person to drive a motor vehicle equipped with a TV viewer or screen located in any location that is visible, directly or indirectly, to the driver while operating the vehicle.
Please read the entire manual and follow the instructions and warnings carefully. Failure to do so can cause serious damage and injury, including loss of life. Be sure to obey all applicable local traffic and motor vehicle regulations as it pertains to this product. Improper installation will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The Rear Observation System is designed to help the driver safely detect people and/or objects helping to avoid damage or injury. However, you the driver, must use it properly. The use of this system is not a substitute for safe, proper, or legal driving.
- Never back up while looking at the monitor alone. You should always check behind and around the vehicle when backing up, in the same way as you would if the vehicle did not have the Rear Observation System. If you back up while looking only at the monitor, you may cause damage or injury. Always back up slowly.
- The Rear Observation System is not intended for use during extensive back-up maneuvers or backing into cross traffic or pedestrian walkways.
- Please, always remember, that the area displayed by the Rear Observation System is limited. It does not display the entire panorama that is behind you.
- An electric shock or product malfunction may occur if this product is installed incorrectly.
- Use this product within the voltage range specified. Failure to do so can cause electric shock or product malfunction.
- Take special care when cleaning the monitor.
- Make sure to firmly affix the product before use.
- If smoke or a burning smell is detected, disconnect the system immediately.
- Where the power cable may touch a metal case, cover the cable with friction tape. A short circuit or disconnected wire may cause a fire.
- While installing the Rear View System be careful with the wire positioning to avoid wire damage.
- The Rear View System should only be used when the vehicle is in reverse.
- Do not install the monitor where it may obstruct the driver’s view or obstruct an airbag device.
- Dropping the unit may cause possible mechanical/electrical failure.
Before Beginning Installation
Before drilling please check that no cable or wiring is on the other side of the wall. Please clamp all wires securely to reduce the possibility of them being damaged while the vehicle is in use. Keep all cables away from hot or moving parts and components causing electrical interference. We recommend doing a bench test before installation to ensure that all components are working properly (pg 13).
- Step 1: Choose the monitor and camera locations.
- Step 2: Install all cables in the vehicle, when necessary a 0.8″ (20mm) hole should be drilled for passing the camera cable through the vehicle’s walls. Install split grommets where applicable.
- Step 3: Once all cables and wiring have been properly routed, perform a system function test by temporarily connecting the system. If the system seems to not be operating properly see troubleshooting (pg 17).
- Be sure to route the cable carefully. The camera cable uses aircraft-grade connectors which means the camera cable can be exposed to all weather elements. Do not run the cable over sharp edges, do not kink the cable, and keep away from HOT and rotating parts, such as but not limited to, exhaust systems and drive shafts.
- Fasten and secure all excess cables.
- To Attach the Pedestal mount to the dashboard or the headliner/roof using self-tapping screws and/or the adhesive pad.
- Attach the monitor to the mount, and adjust the mounting angle to allow optimum driver viewing comfort. (see figure on page 11)
- The camera plug will require a minimum of a 5/8″ opening or hole to be fed through. If none exist, find and mark the location to drill a hole for the plug. Be sure there are no wires or obstructions behind the marked location.
- Deburr hole.
- Feed plug and cable through the hole.
- Secure camera to license plate mounting hole locations using existing mounting hardware.
- Adjust the camera angle by loosening the set screws with a 1.5mm Allen key. Once the desired angle is found, tighten the set screws.
The Power Harness
- To power the system connect the power (RED) +12VDC wire to ignition power and the ground (BLACK) wire to chassis ground.
- These are the only wires needed to power the entire system and all the cameras. Each camera can be seen at any time by simply pressing the power button and using the V1/2 button to toggle.
- The three positive trigger wires (CH1, CH2, CH3) each represent one channel and will turn on their channel when the trigger wire is energized with +12VDC.
- Camera 3 is the designated backup channel. To have the backup camera come on when you go into reverse, connect the CH3 wire to reverse power (or any power source that comes on only in reverse).
- The other channels can similarly be triggered (i.e. side cameras can be triggered by the turn signals etc.)
- To automatically have a camera and monitor turn ON when the vehicle activates, simply twist the CH3 positive trigger +12VDC to the Red Power line +12VDC and wire to the ignition power.
Note: This setup will disable the menu in channel 3. To access the menu simply move to channel 1 or 2 and all the changes will apply to channel 3.
Note: When the channel 3 wire is active it will have precedence over the other triggers. Therefore, if you wish to use multiple triggers, do not attach the blue trigger to constant power.
- Audio: There is audio on channels 2 and 3. On CH3 the trigger wire must be energized (+12VDC) to activate the audio. On CH2 the audio is always on.
- Grid lines: The grid lines are also carried through the CH3 wire. To use the grid lines for reversing, connect the CH3 wire to a reverse power. Grid lines can be deactivated in the menu. Menu > PARKSET > Toggle ON or Toggle OFF
- There is a built-in voltage regulator for our systems which can handle 10-30 Volts DC.
Note: The included camera does not have a built-in microphone.
Note: The camera and monitor can always be activated by manually pushing the power button on the monitor. This is in addition to utilizing the positive triggers.
Note: If connecting power directly to the battery, the camera is always ON and therefore can drain the battery. Therefore it is recommended to connect power to an ignition switched accessory power source.
Standard U-Bracket Monitor Installation
- Remove the thumb and Allen screw from the monitor then remove the monitor. Place the bracket in the desired location and fasten it down with 3 screws. (See below pictures)
- Using the thumb and Allen screws put the monitor into the bracket, adjust the angle, and lock it. (See below pictures)
- Finish installation. The adjustable angle is 30° forward or backward. (See below pictures)
Optional Monitor Installations
- Using screws, secure the pedestal bracket. (See below pictures)
- Secondly, slide the metal buckle piece on the top of the pedestal bracket into the notch on the back of the monitor. Move the bracket to the desired location and tighten it. (See below pictures)
4 Pin Connection
NOTE: Diagrams are for installation reference only, monitor and camera are a representative image
- Switch over
- Mode select
- Channel 1
- Channel 2/Channel 3
- Remote control window
- A/V input connector
- Bracket knobs
The monitor Displays a Blue Screen and displays “No Signal”
- Do a hard reset, unplug all cables and power cables, leave out for 1 minute, and then re-connect.
- Check to ensure that the connection to the camera is tight.
- Verify that the camera cable is plugged into the camera port• Verify that the trigger on the power harness is put to power +12VDC.
- If the problem persists, verify that alternate ports work. If alternate ports do not work, remove the trigger wire from +12VDC and select alternate channels.
Monitor Will Not Power-Up (no backlight on power)
- Check fuse
- Check +12VDC connection
- Check ground connection
- Try power and ground directly to the battery
No Image On Screen
- Verify camera is on the correct camera input
- Verify cable is connected to the monitor
- Verify the camera is connected to the cable
- Connect the known working camera and cable to the monitor.
- Verify trigger source is supplying power
Audio on Camera
- Verify chosen camera has audio
- Verify volume setting
- Confirm that the CH3 trigger is connected to +12VDC
Two Year Warranty
Buyers Products Company, Inc. warrants this product against material defects for two years from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to repair or replace any such defective unit at our sole discretion. Buyers Products Company, Inc. is not responsible for a defect in the system as a result of misuse, improper installation, damage, or mishandling of the electronic components. Buyers Products Company, Inc. is not responsible for consequential damages.
This warranty is void if: defects in materials or workmanship or damages result from repairs or alterations which have been made or attempted by others or the unauthorized use of nonconforming parts; the damage is due to normal wear and tear, this damage is due to abuse, improper maintenance, neglect or accident; or the damage is due to use of the Buyers Products Company, Inc. system after partial failure or use with improper accessories.
DURING THE ABOVE WARRANTY PERIOD, SHOULD YOUR Buyers Products Company PRODUCT EXHIBIT A DEFECT IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP, SUCH DEFECT WILL BE REPAIRED WHEN THE COMPLETE Buyers Products Company, INC. PRODUCT IS RE-TURNED, POSTAGE PREPAID AND INSURED, TO Buyers Products Company, INC. OTHER THAN THE POSTAGE AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENT, NO CHARGE WILL BE MADE FOR REPAIRS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY.
NO WARRANTY, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OTHER THE ABOVE. WARRANTY IS MADE about THIS Buyers Products Company, INC. Buyers Products Company, INC. DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANT-ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES IN NO EVENT SHALL Buyers Products Company. INC. IS LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR ANY COSTS, ATTORNEY FEES, EXPENSES, LOSSES, OR DELAYS ALLEGED TO BE AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY DAMAGE TO, FAILURE OF, OR DEFECT IN ANY PRODUCT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF PROFITS.
Buyers Products Company and/or its affiliates do not guarantee or promise that the user of our systems will not be in/part of an accident or otherwise not collide with an object and/or person. Our systems are not a substitute for careful driving or consistent adherence to all applicable traffic laws and motor vehicle safety regulations. The Buyers Products Company products are not a substitute for rearview mirrors or any other motor vehicle equipment mandated by law. Our camera systems have a limited field of vision and do not provide a comprehensive view of the rear or side area of the vehicle. Always make sure to look around your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance and that your vehicle can maneuver safely.
Buyers Products Company and/ or its affiliates shall have no responsibility or liability for damage and/or injury resulting from accidents occurring with vehicles having some of Buyers Products Company products installed and Buyers Products Company and/or its affiliates, the manufacturer, distributor, and seller shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, incidental or consequential, arising out of the use or intended use of the product. In no event shall Buyers Products Company and/or its affiliates have any liability for any losses (whether direct or indirect, in contract, tort, or otherwise) incurred in connection with the systems, including but not limited to damaged property, personal injury and/or loss of life. Neither shall Buyers Products Company and/or its affiliates have any responsibility for any decision, action, or inaction taken by any person in reliance on Buyers Products Company systems, or for any delays, inaccuracies, and/or errors in connection with our systems functions.
If you have questions about this product, contact:
- 9049 Tyler Blvd.
- Mentor, Ohio 44060
- Phone (440) 974-8888
- Fax 800-841-8003
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.buyersproducts.com
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, OR LOSSES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR THE USE OF ANY PRODUCT.
FAQS About Buyers Products 8883000 Rearview Backup 7-inch Camera
What is the Buyers Products 8883000 Rearview Backup 7 inch Camera used for?
The Buyers Products 8883000 is a rearview backup camera designed for vehicles to enhance visibility and safety while reversing.
What is the screen size of the 8883000 Rearview Backup Camera?
The camera features a 7-inch display screen, providing a clear and sizable view of the rear surroundings.
Is the camera suitable for all types of vehicles?
The Buyers Products 8883000 is designed for a wide range of vehicles, including trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles.
Does the camera have night vision capabilities?
Yes, the camera is equipped with night vision technology, ensuring clear visibility even in low-light or nighttime conditions.
How is the camera powered?
Typically, the camera is powered by the vehicle’s electrical system, and installation may require professional assistance for proper wiring.
What is the camera’s field of view?
The camera provides a wide-angle field of view to capture a large area behind the vehicle, helping drivers detect obstacles and pedestrians.
Is the camera waterproof?
Yes, the camera is designed to be waterproof, making it suitable for use in various weather conditions.
Can the 8883000 Rearview Backup Camera be connected to other devices?
Many models allow for connectivity to additional monitors or recording devices, providing flexibility in how the camera system is used.
How is the camera installed?
Installation procedures may vary, but generally, the camera is mounted on the rear of the vehicle, and the display screen is installed in the driver’s cabin.
Does the camera come with a warranty?
Buyers Products often provide warranties for their products. It is recommended to check the product documentation or contact the manufacturer for warranty details.
For more manuals by Buyers Products ManualsDock