Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition 2019 Release
Getting to know your Echo Dot Kids Edition
- Download the Amazon Alexa app Download and install the latest version of the Alexa app from the app store.
- Plug in your Echo Dot Kids Edition Plug your Echo Dot Kids Edition into an outlet using the included power adapter. A blue light ring will spin around the top. In about a minute, Alexa will greet you and let you know to complete the setup in the Alexa app.
- Set up your Echo Dot Kids Edition in the Alexa app Open the Alexa app to set up your Echo Dot Kids Edition. Log in with an existing Amazon account username and password, or create a new account. If you aren’t prompted to set up your device after opening the Alexa app, tap the More icon to add your device manually.
The app helps you get more out of your Echo Dot Kids Edition. It’s where you set up calling and messaging, and manage music, lists, settings, and news. For help and troubleshooting, go to Help & Feedback in the Alexa app or visit www.amazon.com/devicesupport.
Optional: Connect to a speaker You can connect your Echo Dot Kids Edition to a speaker using Bluetooth or an AUX cable. If you are using Bluetooth, place your speaker at least 3 feet away from your Echo Dot Kids Edition for optimal performance. If you are using an AUX cable, your speaker should be at least 0.5 feet away.
Getting started with your Echo Dot Kids Edition
- Talking to your Echo Dot Kids Edition To get the attention of your Echo Dot Kids Edition, simply say “Alexa.” See the Ask Alexa Comic to help your kids get started.
- Amazon FreeTime Unlimited Your Echo Dot Kids Edition comes with one year of Amazon Free Time Unlimited (auto-renews at the applicable rate). Your child can explore with Alexa within a kid-friendly environment of skills, Audible audiobooks, and music. Learn more about what’s included with Free Time Unlimited at https://www.amazon.com/a lexaforkids.
- Amazon Parent Dashboard To help your child get more out of their Echo Dot Kids Edition, go to https://parents.amazon.com. With easy-to-use parental controls, you can review activities, manage time limits, and share appropriate skills, Audible audiobooks, and more.
Designed to protect your privacy
Amazon designs Alexa and Echo devices with multiple layers of privacy protection. From microphone controls to the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, you have transparency and control over your Alexa experience. To learn more about how Amazon protects your privacy, visit www.amazon.com/alexaprivacy.
Give us your feedback
Alexa will improve over time, with new features being added regularly just for kids. We want to hear about your experiences. Use the Parent Dashboard at https://parents.amazon.com to send us feedback or visit www.amazon.com/devicesupport.
FAQs Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition 2019 Release
Can Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition 2019 Release be operated without parental controls?
Hi Lisa, you can use the Echo Dot just like any other Echo device after setting it up by disabling the Kids Mode in the Alexa App.
Do Echo youngsters have musical talent?
Under the Parent Dashboard, you can connect your child’s profile with a supported music streaming service. Link your music streaming service to Alexa before allowing your youngster to use their Echo device to access music streaming services. Use the Parent Dashboard to use your child’s profile to connect with the service.
Can kids use Echo Dot to set alarms?
With the ability to ask Alexa questions, set alarms, and get homework assistance, Amazon’s Echo Dot gadgets are made with children in mind. The gadgets also come with parental controls; you can filter explicit songs, set daily time restrictions, and monitor activities in the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
Can you set the Echo Dot Kids as an alarm?
The Amazon Echo Dot with Clock does, in fact, function as an alarm clock and shows the time on its face in LED lights. You can ask Alexa to set an alarm.
Do Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition 2019 Release have Bluetooth?
You may use Bluetooth or an AUX cord to connect your Echo Dot Kids Edition to a speaker. For best results, while utilizing Bluetooth, keep your speaker at least 3 feet away from your Echo Dot Kids Edition. The speaker you are connecting with an AUX cable needs to be at least 0.5 feet away.
Does Echo Kids support YouTube viewing?
The free software update for the Echo Show 15 now includes Amazon’s Fire TV. Start viewing your favorite episodes and movies from YouTube TV, YouTube Kids, YouTube, Disney+, and more streaming sources.
How can I use Echo the child?
Parents can use the Alexa app to approve contacts for their children to call using Amazon Kids. Afterward, youngsters can make hands-free calls to friends and family members that have an Echo or the Alexa app. Children can also dial emergency lines if you’ve enabled certain settings.
Who is Echo Kids intended for?
The Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition is primarily for younger kids between the ages of 3 and 8. On the kind of material you’ll find in Amazon Kids+, including Numberblocks and Alphablocks, The Gruffalo, and Disney tales, I’m basing that.
Can Echo children operate lights?
For kids, there is a smart bulb called the Echo Glow. Although it isn’t a speaker in and of itself, you can couple it with your child’s Echo Dot so they can speak commands to change the light’s color and brightness.
What are Amazon kid skills?
Any Alexa ability that is geared for children under 13 (whether distributed in the US or India) or under 16 is referred to as a kid skill (if distributed in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Mexico, or Australia).
For more manuals on Amazon, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Kids-Edition-2019-Release.pdf” download=”all”]