Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
Xiaomi Corporation is a Chinese multinational electronics company headquartered in Beijing, China. The company designs, develops and sells smartphones, mobile apps, laptops, home appliances, and other consumer electronics. Founded in 2010 by entrepreneur Lei Jun, Xiaomi quickly became one of the largest smartphone manufacturers in the world. In addition to smartphones, the company also produces other electronic products including smart home devices, wearables, and other accessories.
Thank you for choosing Mi MIX 3
Long press the power button to turn on the device. Follow the on-screen instructions to conﬁgure the device.
For more information
Visit our ofﬁcial website: www.mi.com.
Mi MIX 3 comes pre-installed with MIUI, our customized Android-based OS which pushes frequent updates and user-friendly features suggested by over 200 million active users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.miui.com.
SIM Card Tray
About Dual SIM
- Dual 4G SIM is offered by select telecom operators and may not be available in all regions.
- Supports dual nano-SIM cards. When using both SIM card slots, either card can be set as the primary card.
- VoLTE is only supported by telecom operators in certain regions.
- System may be automatically updated for optimal network performance. For details, please refer to the system version in use on the device.
Correctly dispose of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To safely recycle your device, please use return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the device was originally purchased.
For Environment Declaration, pls. refer to the below link: http://www.mi.com/en/about/environment/
RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS.
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
For more important safety information, pls. refer to User Manual in the below link:
Important safety information
- Read all the safety information below before using your device.
- Using unauthorized cables, power adapters, or batteries can cause ﬁre, explosion, or pose other risks. Use only authorized accessories that are compatible with your device.
- This device’s operating temperature range is 0°C~40°C. Using this device in environments outside of this temperature range may damage the device.
- If your device is provided with a built-in battery, don’t attempt to replace the battery yourself to avoid damaging the battery or the device.
- Charge this device only with the included or authorized cable and power adapter. Using other adapters may cause ﬁre, electric shock, and damage the device and the adapter.
- After charging is complete, disconnect the adapter from both the device and the power outlet. Do not charge the device longer than 12 hours.
- The battery must be recycled or disposed of separately from household waste. Mishandling the battery may cause ﬁre or explosion. Dispose or recycle the device, its battery and accessories according to local regulations.
- Do not disassemble, hit, crush, or burn the battery. In case of deformation, stop using the battery immediately.
- Do not short-circuit the battery to avoid overheating, burns, or other personal injuries.
- Do not place the battery in high-temperature environments. Overheating may cause an explosion.
- Do not disassemble, hit, or crush the battery to avoid battery leaks, overheating, or explosion.
- Do not burn the battery to avoid ﬁre or explosion.
- In case of deformation, stop using the battery immediately.
- Keep your device dry.
- Do not try to repair the device yourself. If any part of the device does not work properly, contact
- Mi customer support or bring your device to an authorized repair center.
- Connect other devices according to their instruction manuals. Do not connect incompatible devices to this device.
- For AC/DC Adapter, the socket outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
- Observe any laws and rules which restrict using mobile phones in speciﬁc cases and environments. Do not use your phone in petrol stations and explosive atmospheres and potentially explosive environments including fuelling areas, below decks on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, and areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders. Obey all posted signs to turn off wireless devices such as your phone or other radio equipment. Turn off your mobile phone or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn off “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.”
- Do not use your phone in the hospital operating rooms, emergency rooms, or intensive care units. Comply with the current rules and regulations of hospitals and health centers. Please consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if the operation of your phone may interfere with the operation of your medical device. To avoid potential interference with the pacemaker. keep a minimum separation of 15 cm maintained between the mobile phone and the pacemaker. To achieve this use the phone on the opposite ear to your pacemaker and do not carry it in a breast pocket. Do not use your phone near hearing aids, cochlear implants, etc to avoid interference with medical equipment. Respect aircraft safety regulations and turn off your phone on board the aircraft when required.
- When driving a vehicle, use your phone in accordance with the relevant trafﬁc laws and regulations. To avoid a lightning strike, do not use your phone outdoors during thunderstorms.
- Do not use your phone to make calls while it is charging.
- Do not use your phones in places with high humidity such as bathrooms.
- Doing so may result in electric shock, injury, ﬁre, and charger damage.
Update your phone’s operating system using the built-in software update feature, or visit our authorized service outlets. Updating software through other means may damage the device or result in data loss, security issues, and other risks.
RED Declaration of Conformity
We, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd.
Hereby, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd. declares that this GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE Digital Mobile Phone with Bluetooth and WiFi M1810E5A is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the RE Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity could be consulted at www.mi.com/en/certiﬁcation
Body-worn SAR testing has been carried out at a separation distance of 5 mm. To meet RF exposure guidelines during body-worn operation, the device should be positioned at least this distance away from the body. If you are not using an approved accessory ensure that whatever product used is free of any metal and that it positions the phone at the indicated distance away from the body.
RF Exposure Information (SAR)
This device is in compliance with Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) limits for general population/uncontrolled exposure (Localized 10-gram SAR for head and trunk, limit: 2.0W/kg) specified in Council Recommendation 1999/519/EC, ICNIRP Guidelines, and RED (Directive 2014/53/EU). During SAR testing, this device was set to transmit at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands and placed in positions that simulate RF exposure during use against the head with no separation and near the body with a separation of 5 mm and limbs with a separation of 0 mm. SAR compliance for body operation is based on a separation distance of 5 mm between the unit and the human body (0mm between the unit and limbs).
This device should be carried at least 5 mm away from the body to ensure the RF exposure level is compliant or lower than the reported level. When attaching the device near the body, a belt clip or holster should be used which does not contain metallic components and allows separation of at least 5 mm to be maintained between the device and the body. RF exposure compliance was not tested or certified with any accessory containing metal worn on the body, and the use of such an accessory should be avoided.
Certification Information (Highest SAR)
- SAR 10 g limit for Head and Body: 2.0 W/Kg, 10g limit for limbs: 4.0 W/Kg
- SAR Value:
- Head: 0.72 W/Kg,
- Body: 0.98 W/Kg (5 mm distance).
- Limbs: 2.35 W/Kg (0 mm distance)
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU. Observe national and local regulations where the device is used. This device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in 5150 to 5350Mhz frequency range in the following countries:
Ensure the power adapter used meets the requirements of Clause 2.5 in IEC60950-1/EN60950-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
Frequency Bands and Power
This mobile phone offers the following frequency bands in EU areas only and maximum radio-frequency power:
- GSM 900: 35 dBm
- GSM 1800: 32 dBm
- UMTS band 1/8: 25 dBm
- LTE band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40: 25.7 dBm
- Bluetooth: 20 dBm
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz band: 20 dBm
- Wi-Fi 5 GHz: 5150 to 5250MHz: 20dBm, 5250 to 5350MHz: 20dBm, 5470 to 5725 MHz: 20 dBm, 5725 to 5825 MHz: 14 dBm
This mobile phone complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1)This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This mobile phone has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. lf this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
RF Exposure Information (SAR)
This device meets the government’s requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy. The exposure standard for wireless devices employs a unit of measurement known as the Specific Absorption Rate or SAR. The SAR limit set by the FCC is 1.6W/Kg. For body-worn operation, this device has been tested and meets the FCC RF exposure guidelines for use with an accessory that contains no metal and positions the device a minimum of 1.0 cm from the body. Use of other accessories may not ensure compliance with FCC RF exposure guidelines. If you do not use a body-worn accessory and are not holding the device at the ear, position the handset a minimum of1.0 cm from your body when the device is switched on.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device has an electronic label for certification information. To access it, please select Settings> About Phone> Certification or select Settings, then type •certification “into the search bar.
1810 indicates the product will be launched after October, 2018.
This User Guide is published by Xiao mi or its local affiliated company. Improvements and changes to this User Guide necessitated by typographical errors, inaccuracies of current information, or improvements to programs and/or equipment, may be made by Xiaomi at anytime and without notice. Such changes will, however, be incorporated into new editions of this User Guide. All illustrations are for illustration purposes only and may not accurately depict the actual device.
This smartphone is designed with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5.
FAQs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
What is the Redmi Note 9S capable of?
Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensors are all included in the device. The smartphone has an infrared port, a USB 2.0 Type C port, a radio with recording capability, and Bluetooth 5.0. A Non-removable Li-Po 5020 mAh battery + Fast charging 18W powers the smartphone.
Is the Redmi Note 9S a good buy?
I’ve had this phone for two years and here’s what I’ve learned: Pros: Extremely durable phone with a long-lasting battery; one day of use and I’m still at 50-55% at the end of the day. Just received the Miui 13/Android 12 update, and all of the bugs that the phone had previously are no longer present.
Is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S waterproof?
The Note 9S is splash-proof thanks to P2i nano-coating technology, so it can withstand light splashes and rain. However, it is not waterproof, so use caution.
Is fast charging supported by the Redmi Note 9S?
The 18W fast charger charges the Redmi Note 9S from 0% to 100% in just 1 hour and 45 minutes, whereas the Redmi Note 8 Pro takes much longer, taking an average of 2 hours and 6 minutes to charge its 4500mAh battery. As a result, it is clear that the Note 9S has a larger capacity and faster charging capabilities this time around.
How long does the battery on the Note 9S last?
Is the Redmi Note 9S scratch resistant?
The front of the Redmi Note 9 is made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass of the fifth generation, which blends seamlessly into the frame.
Is the camera on the Redmi Note 9S good?
Photos were taken with the Redmi Note 9S’s 8MP ultrawide camera
What is the most recent Note 9S update?
The Redmi Note 9S will soon receive the MIUI 14 update. This device will receive the MIUI 14 update in the second quarter of 2023. MIUI 14 is a significant update that includes a slew of new features and enhancements.
Is wireless charging available on the Redmi Note 9S?
It is compatible with wireless charging standards such as Qi. Simply place the device on a compatible charging pad to charge it.
Is the Redmi Note 9S 4K capable?
The macro camera on the Note 9S/Pro (India)/POCO M2 Pro has been upgraded to 5 MP, and the ultra-wide camera has been made slightly wider at 119. It also has a 16 MP f/2.5 1/3.06″ 1m front camera that can shoot at 4K/30fps, 1080p/60/120fps, and 720p/960fps with the rear camera and 1080p/120fps with the front camera, as well as gyro-EIS.
Is the Redmi Note 9S equipped with dual speakers?
Moving on, the audio on the Redmi Note 9S is actually quite good, despite the fact that it is only mono, coming from the lone loudspeaker on the bottom of the device.
For more manuals by Xiaomi, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-9S-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]