Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Corporation is a Chinese multinational electronics company headquartered in Beijing, China. The company designs, develops and sells smartphones, mobile apps, laptops, home appliances, and other consumer electronics. Founded in 2010 by entrepreneur Lei Jun, Xiaomi quickly became one of the largest smartphone manufacturers in the world. In addition to smartphones, the company also produces other electronic products including smart home devices, wearables, and other accessories.
Thank you for choosing Mi 9 SE
Long press the power button to turn on the device. Follow the on-screen instructions to conﬁgure the device. For more information
Visit our oﬃcial website: www.mi.com.
Mi 9 SE comes pre-installed with MIUI, our customized Android-based OS which pushes frequent updates and user-friendly features suggested by over 200 million active users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.miui.com.
SIM Card Tray:
About Dual SIM
- Dual 4G SIM requires the support of local telecom operator services, and may not be available in all regions.
- Supports dual nano-SIM cards. When using both SIM card slots, either card can be set as the primary card.
- Only certain regions and telecom operators support VoLTE.
- System updates may be applied when network optimization occurs. For details, please refer to the system version in use on the device.
Correctly dispose of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To safely recycle your device, please use return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the device was originally purchased.
For Environment Declaration, please refer to the link below: http://www.mi.com/en/about/environment/
CAUTION RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS.
To prevent possible hearing damage,do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
For more important safety information, please refer to User Manual in the link below: http://www.mi.com/en/certiﬁcation/
Important safety information
- Read all the safety information below before using your device.
- Using unauthorized cables, power adapters, or batteries can cause ﬁre, explosion, or pose other risks.
- Use only authorized accessories which are compatible with your device.
- This device’s operating temperature range is 0 °C~40 °C. Using this device in the environments outside of this temperature range may damage the device.
- If your device is provided with a built-in battery, don’t attempt to replace the battery yourself to avoid damaging the battery or the device.
- Charge this device only with the included or authorized cable and power adapter. Using other adapters may cause ﬁre, electric
- shock, and damage the device and the adapter.
- After charging is complete, disconnect the adapter from both the device and the power outlet. Do not charge the device longer than 12 hours.
- The battery must be recycled or disposed of separately from household waste. Mishandling the battery may cause ﬁre or explosion. Dispose of or recycle the device, its battery and accessories according to the local regulations.
- Do not disassemble, hit, crush, or burn the battery. In case of deformation, stop using the battery immediately.
- Do not short circuit the battery to avoid overheating, burns, or other personal injuries.
- Do not place the battery in the high-temperature environments. Overheating may cause explosion.
- Do not disassemble, hit, or crush the battery to avoid battery leaks, overheating, or explosion.
- Do not burn the battery o avoid fire or explosion.
- In case of deformation, stop using the battery immediately.
- Keep your device dry.
- Do not try to repair the device yourself. If any part of the device does not work properly, contact Mi customer support or bring your device to an authorized repair center.
- Connect other devices according to their instruction manuals.
- Do not connect incompatible devices to this device.
- For AC/DC adapters, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
- Observe any law and rule which restricts using mobile phones in speciﬁc cases and environments.
- Do not use your phone in petrol stations and explosive atmospheres and potentially explosive environments include fuelling areas, below decks on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders.
- Obey all posted signs to turn oﬀ wireless devices such as your phone or other radio equipment. Turn oﬀ your mobile phone or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn oﬀ “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.
- Do not use your phone in the hospital operating rooms, emergency rooms, or intensive care units. Comply with the current rules and regulations of hospitals and health centers. Please consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if operation of your phone may interfere with the operation of your medical device. To avoid potential interference with the pacemaker, maintain a separation of 15cm between the mobile phone and the pacemaker. To achieve this, use the phone on the opposite ear to your pacemaker and do not carry it in a breast pocket. Do not use your phone near hearing aids, cochlear implants, etc., to avoid interference with medical equipment.
- Respect aircraft safety regulations and turn oﬀ your phone on board the aircraft when required.
- When driving a vehicle, use your phone in accordance with the relevant traﬃc laws and regulations.
- To avoid lightning strike, do not use your phone outdoors during thunderstorms.
- Do not use your phone to make calls while it is charging.
- Do not use your phones in places with high humidity such as bathrooms. Doing so may result in electric shock, injury, ﬁre, and charger damage.
Update your phone’s operating system using the built-in software update feature, or visit our authorized service outlets. Updating software through other means may damage the device or result in data loss, security issues, and other risks.
EU Regulations RED Declaration of Conformity
We, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd., Hereby, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd., declares that this GSM/GPRS/
EDGE/UMTS/LTE Digital Mobile Phone with Bluetooth and WiFi M1903F2G is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the RE Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity could be consulted at www.mi.com/en/certiﬁcation
Body-worn SAR testing has been carried out at a separation distance of 5 mm .
To meet RF exposure guidelines during body-worn operation, the device should be positioned at least this distance away from the body.
If you are not using an approved accessory, ensure that whatever products used is free of any metal and that it positions the phone with the indicated distance away from the body. Receiver Category 2
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU. Observe national and local regulations where the device is used. This device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in 5150 to 5350Mhz frequency range in following countries : Ensure the power adapter used meets the requirements of Clause 2.5 in IEC60950-1/EN60950-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
Frequency Bands and Power
This mobile phone oﬀers the following frequency bands in EU areas only and maximum radio-frequency power:
- GSM 900: 35 dBm
- GSM 1800: 32 dBm
- UMTS band 1/8: 25 dBm
- LTE band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40: 25.7 dBm
- Bluetooth: 20 dBm
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz band: 20 dBm
- Wi-Fi 5 GHz: 5150~5350
- MHz: 20dBm, 5470~5725
- MHz: 20dBm, 5725~5825
- MHz: 14dBm
- NFC: 13.56Mhz < -5.75 dBuA/m at 10m
This mobile phone complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This mobile phone has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installationi. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the equipment oﬀ and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit diﬀerent from
- that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Exposure Information (SAR) This device meets the government’s requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy. The exposure standard for wireless devices employs a unit of measurement
known as the Speciﬁc Absorption Rate, or SAR. The SAR limit set by the FCC is 1.6W/Kg. For body-worn operation, this device has been tested and meets the FCC RF exposure guidelines for use with an accessory that contains no metal and positions the device a minimum of 1.0 cm from the body. Use of other accessories may not ensure compliance with FCC RF exposure guidelines. If you do not use a body-worn accessory and are not holding the device at the ear, position the handset a minimum of 1.0 cm from your body when the device is switched on.
FCC Note Changes or modiﬁcations not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
E-label This device has an electronic label for certiﬁcation information. To access it, please select Settings> About Phone >Certiﬁcation or select Settings, then type “Certiﬁcation”into the search bar.
Important Safety Information
- SAR 10g limit: 2.0W/Kg, SAR
- Value: Head: 1.385 W/Kg,
- Body: 1.385 W/Kg (5mm distance).
- SAR 1g limit: 1.6W/Kg,
- SAR Value: Head: 1.19 W/Kg,
- Body-worn: 1.09 W/Kg (10mm distance).
- Hotspot: 1.17 W/Kg (10mm distance).
Temperature: 0 °C – 40 °C
Install the adapter near the device in an easily accessible position.
Model: M1903F2G 1903 indicates the date of putting the product on the market is 201903
This User Guide is published by Xiaomi or its local aﬃliated company. Improvements and changes to this User Guide necessitated by typographical errors, inaccuracies of current information, or improvements to programs and/or equipment, may be made by Xiaomi at any time and without notice. Such changes will, however, be incorporated into new editions of this User Guide. All illustrations are for illustration purposes only and may not accurately depict the actual device.
FAQs About Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
How long does the battery on the MI 9 last?
In our battery drain test, the phone lasted 11 hours and 52 minutes, outlasting the OnePlus 7 Pro (10 hours and 48 minutes). With more conservative use, you should be able to get two days of power from a single charge.
Is fast charging supported by the MI 9?
Although the Xiaomi Mi 9 Phone supports up to 27W Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ charging, it comes with a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3 charger. More recent flagship phones, such as the Huawei Mate20 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, have pushed for faster charging, as has the Xiaomi Mi 9.
Is NFC available on the Mi 9 SE?
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE features a curved design with a holographic finish. The smartphone includes a multi-functional NFC chip as well as a dual-frequency GPS module. The phone costs INR 21,200. (CNY 1,999).
Is the Xiaomi Smartphone waterproof?
The Xiaomi Mi 9 is not officially water resistant and does not have an IP rating. Having said that, it is encased in Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and 6; a toughened glass that adds an extra layer of security while offering very mild water resistance.
Is wireless charging available on the Mi 9?
Xiaomi is one of the few Chinese phone manufacturers that support wireless charging, and the Mi 9 Pro 5G should be a leader in this category: it can be wirelessly charged at 30W on a dedicated stand, charging its 4,000mAh battery in 69 minutes.
Does the Xiaomi Mi 9 support 5G WiFi?
Yes, it has 5G wifi support.
Is wireless charging available on the Xiaomi Smartphone?
It is compatible with wireless charging standards such as Qi. Simply place the device on a compatible charging pad to charge it.
Does the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE support eSIM?
Simply insert the eSIM.me Card into your Xiaomi Mi 9 SE smartphone’s SIM card slot, download the free eSIM.me APP from the Playstore, and you’re ready to go! Compare eSIM plans online, then buy and download directly to your Xiaomi Mi 9 SE!
Is the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE suitable for gaming?
The SE’s game play is incredibly smooth, and the colors pop brilliantly thanks to its Super AMOLED screen. There is no microSD card slot, but there is a dual-SIM card slot, which is useful. Furthermore, you can get it with either 64GB or 128GB of storage, which should be enough for most people.
Is Gorilla Glass available on the Redmi 9?
The smartphone has a 6.53-inch display with an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the device’s screen.
For more Xiaomi manuals visit ManualsDock