ViewSonic VA2055SM 20 Inch 1080p LED Monitor
ViewSonic is a global company that specializes in visual display solutions, including monitors, projectors, digital signage, and interactive displays. Founded in 1987, ViewSonic has established itself as a leading provider of innovative and high-quality display products for both consumer and professional markets.
The company offers a wide range of display solutions to cater to various needs and environments. Their product lineup includes computer monitors for gaming, business, and home entertainment purposes, interactive flat panel displays for education and collaboration, projectors for classrooms and conference rooms, and digital signage solutions for advertising and information displays.
Cautions and Warnings
- Read these instructions completely before using the equipment.
- Keep these instructions in a safe place.
- Heed all warnings and follow all instructions.
- Sit at least 18” / 45cm from the display.
- Always handle the display with care when moving it.
- Never remove the rear cover. This display contains high-voltage parts. You may be seriously injured if you touch them.
- Do not use this equipment near water. Warning: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
- Avoid exposing the display to direct sunlight or another heat source. Orient the display away from direct sunlight to reduce glare.
- Clean with a soft, dry cloth. If further cleaning is required, see “Cleaning the Display” in this guide for further instructions.
- Avoid touching the screen. Skin oils are difficult to remove.
- Do not rub or apply pressure to the display panel, as it may permanently damage the screen.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other devices (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Place the display in a well-ventilated area. Do not place anything on the display that prevents heat dissipation.
- Do not place heavy objects on the display, video cable, or power cord.
- If smoke, an abnormal noise, or a strange odor is present, immediately switch the display off and call your dealer or ViewSonic. It is dangerous to continue using the display.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the safety provisions of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade and the third prong are provided for your safety. If the plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being tread upon or pinched, particularly at the plug, and the point where if emerges from the equipment. Be sure that the power outlet is located near the equipment so that it is easily accessible.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the equipment. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/equipment combination to avoid injury from tipping over.
- Unplug this equipment when it will be unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Service is required when the unit has been damaged in any way, such as: if the power-supply cord or plug is damaged, if liquid is spilled onto or objects fall into the unit, if the unit is exposed to rain or moisture, or if the unit does not operate normally or has been dropped.
To fulfill possible future product needs, and to receive additional product information as it becomes available, please visit your region section on ViewSonic’s website to register your product online. Registering your product will best prepare you for future customer service needs.
Please print this user guide and fill in the information in the “For Your Records” section. Your display serial number is located on the rear side of the display. For additional information, please see the “Customer Support” section in this guide.
For Your Records
- Product Name: VA2055Sa/VA2055Sm
- Model Number: ViewSonic Widescreen Display VS16162v
- Document Number: VA2055Sa/VA2055Sm_UG_ENG Rev. 1A 03-05-15
- Serial Number: ——————————————-
- Purchase Date: ——————————————-
Proper product disposal is necessary at the end of product life ViewSonic respects the environment and is committed to working and living green. Thank you for being part of a Smarter, Greener Computing effort.
Please visit the ViewSonic website to learn more.
- USA & Canada: http://www.viewsonic.com/company/green/recycle-program/
- Europe: http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/support/recycling-information/
- Taiwan: http://recycle.epa.gov.tw/recycle/index2.aspx
Thank you for purchasing your monitor from ViewSonic®. At ViewSonic, we aim to provide the most stunning visual experience possible. Package Contents
Your display package includes:
- Power cord
- Audio cable (stereo mini jack, for VA2055Sm only)
- Video cable
- Quick Start Guide
- The word “Windows” in this user guide refers to the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Visit the “Download” section of the monitor product page on the ViewSonic website to download your monitor drivers.
- Don’t forget to register your ViewSonic monitor! Simply login to the ViewSonic website in your region and click on the “Support” tab on the front page.
- Save the original box and all packing material for future shipping needs.
- Connect video cable
- Make sure both the display and computer are turned OFF.
- Remove rear panel covers if necessary.
- Connect the video cable from the display to the computer.
- Macintosh users: Models older than G3 require a Macintosh adapter. Attach the adapter to the computer and plug the video cable into the adapter. To order a ViewSonic® Macintosh adapter, contact ViewSonic Customer Support.
- Connect the power cord (and AC/DC adapter if required)
NOTE: Audio In (for VA2055Sm only) DVI (for VA2055Sm only)
- Turn ON the display and computer Turn ON the display, then turn ON the computer. This sequence (displayed before the computer) is important.
NOTE: Windows users may receive a message asking them to install the INF file. To download the file, visit the “Download” section of the monitor product page on the ViewSonic website.
- Windows users: Set the timing mode (example: 1024 x 768) For instructions on changing the resolution and refresh rate, see the graphics card’s user guide.
- Installation is complete. Enjoy your new ViewSonic display!
Wall Mounting (Optional)
NOTE: For use only with a UL Listed Wall Mount Bracket. To obtain a wall-mounting kit or height adjustment base, contact ViewSonic® or your local dealer. Refer to the instructions that come with the base mounting kit.
To convert your display from a desk-mounted to a wall-mounted display, do the following:
- Verify that the power button is turned OFF, then disconnect the power cord.
- Lay the display face down on a towel or blanket.
- Remove the base (removal of screws might be required).
- Find and identify one of the following VESA mount interfaces (a,b,c) located on the back of your display (refer to the “Specifications” page of your display’s mounting interface). Attach the mounting bracket from the VESA-compatible wall mounting kit using screws of the appropriate length.
- Attach the display to the wall, following the instructions in the wall-mounting kit.
Using the Display
Setting the Timing Mode Setting the timing mode is important for maximizing the quality of the screen image and minimizing eye strain. The timing mode consists of the resolution (example 1024 x 768) and refresh rate (or vertical frequency; example 60 Hz). After setting the timing mode, use the OSD (On-screen Display) controls to adjust the screen image. For optimal picture quality, please use the recommended timing mode specific to your display listed on the “Specification” page.
To set the Timing Mode:
- Setting the resolution: Access “Appearance and Personalization” from the Control Panel via the Start Menu, and set the resolution.
- Setting the refresh rate: See your graphics card’s user guide for instructions.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your graphics card is set to 60Hz vertical refresh rate as the recommended setting for most displays. Choosing a nonsupported timing mode setting may result in no image being displayed, and a message showing “Out of Range” will appear on the screen.
OSD and Power Lock Settings
- OSD Lock: Press and hold  and the up arrow ▲ for 10 seconds. If any other buttons are pressed the message OSD Locked will display for 3 seconds.
- OSD Unlock: Press and hold  and the up arrow ▲ again for 10 seconds.
- Power Button Lock: Press and hold  and the down arrow ▼ for 10 seconds. If the power button is pressed the message Power Button Locked will display for 3 seconds. With or without this setting, after a power failure, your display’s power will automatically turn ON when power is restored.
- Power Button Unlock: Press and hold  and the down arrow ▼ again for 10 seconds.
Main Menu Controls
Navigate through menu items by using the up/down ▲/▼ buttons.
NOTE: Check the Main Menu items on your display OSD and refer to Main Menu Explanation below.
Main Menu Explanation
NOTE: The Main Menu items listed in this section indicate whole Main Menu items on all models. For the actual Main Menu details corresponding to your product refer to the items on your display’s OSD Main Menu.
- Audio Adjust adjusts volume, mutes sound, or toggles between inputs if you have more than one source.
- Auto Image Adjust automatically sizes, centers, and fine-tunes the video signal to eliminate waviness and distortion. Press the  button to obtain a sharper image.
NOTE: Auto Image Adjust works with most common video cards. If this function does not work on your display, then lower the video refresh rate to 60 Hz and set the resolution to its pre-set value.
- Brightness adjusts the background black level of the screen image.
- Color Adjust provides several color adjustment modes, including preset color temperatures and a User Color mode which allows independent adjustment of red (R), green (G), and blue (B). The factory setting for this product is native.
- Contrast adjusts the difference between the image background (black level) and the foreground (white level).
- Information displays the timing mode (video signal input) coming from the graphics card in the computer, the display model number, the serial number, and the ViewSonic® website URL. See your graphics card’s user guide for instructions on changing the resolution and refresh rate (vertical frequency).
NOTE: VESA 1024 x 768 @ 60Hz (example) means that the resolution is 1024 x 768 and the refresh rate is 60 Hertz.
- Input Select toggles between inputs if you have more than one computer connected to the display.
- M Manual Image Adjust displays the Manual Image Adjust menu. You can manually set a variety of image quality adjustments.
- Memory Recall returns screen settings back to factory settings if the display is operating in a factory Preset Timing Mode listed in the Specifications section of this user guide.
- Exception: This feature does not affect changes made with the Language Select or Power Lock setting.
- Setup Menu adjusts On-screen Display (OSD) settings.
This product will enter into Sleep/Off mode and reduce power consumption within 5 minutes of no signal input.
|Display||Type||TFT (Thin Film Transistor), Active Matrix 1920 x 1080 Display,|
|0.2265 x 0.221 mm pixel pitch|
|Display Size||Metric: 49.53 cm|
|Imperial: 20” (19.5” viewable)|
|Color Filter||RGB vertical stripe|
|Input Signal||Video Sync||RGB analog (0.7/1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms)|
|DVI (TMDS digital, 100ohms) (for VA2055Sm only)|
|fh:24-82 kHz, fv:50-75 Hz|
|Compatibility||PC||Up to 1920 x 1080 Non-interlaced|
|Macintosh1||Power Macintosh up to 1920 x 1080|
|Resolution2||Recommended||1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz|
|Supported||1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz 832 x 624 @ 75 Hz
1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz 1152 x 870 @ 75 Hz
1440 x 900 @ 60, 75 Hz 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz
1280 x 1024 @ 60, 75 Hz 1280 x 960 @ 60 Hz
1024 x 768 @ 60, 70, 75 Hz 1400 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
|800 x 600 @ 56, 60, 72, 75 Hz|
|640 x 480 @ 60, 67, 72, 75 Hz|
|720 x 400 @ 70 Hz|
|Power||Voltage||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (auto switch)|
|Display area||Full Scan||434.88 mm (H) x 238.68 mm (V)|
|17.12” (H) x 9.397” (V)|
|Operating||Temperature||+32 °F to +104 °F (0 °C to +40 °C)|
|conditions||Humidity||20% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Altitude||To 10,000 feet|
|Storage||Temperature||-4 °F to +140 °F (-20 °C to +60 °C)|
|conditions||Humidity||5% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Altitude||To 40,000 feet|
|Dimensions||Physical||472.2 mm (W) x 349.1 mm (H) x 211.7 mm (D)|
|18.59” (W) x 13.74” (H) x 8.33” (D)|
|Wall Mount||Distance||100 x 100 mm|
|Screw||[M4 x 8mm] x4|
|Weight||Physical||6.16 lb (2.8 kg)|
|Power saving||On||28W (Typical) (Blue LED)|
Cleaning the Display
- MAKE SURE THE DISPLAY IS TURNED OFF.
- NEVER SPRAY OR POUR ANY LIQUIDS DIRECTLY ONTO THE SCREEN OR HOUSING.
To clean the screen:
- Wipe the screen with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth. This removes dust and other particles.
- If the screen is still not clean, apply a small amount of non-ammonia, non-alcohol-based glass cleaner onto a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, and wipe the screen.
To clean the casing:
- Use a soft, dry cloth.
- If the casing is still not clean, apply a small amount of a non-ammonia, nonalcohol-based, mild non-abrasive detergent onto a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, then wipe the surface.
- ViewSonic® does not recommend the use of any ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners on the display screen or case. Some chemical cleaners have been reported to damage the screen and/or case of the display.
- ViewSonic will not be liable for damage resulting from the use of any ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners.
- Make sure the power button (or switch) is ON.
- Make sure the A/C power cord is securely connected to the display.
- Plug another electrical device into the power outlet to verify that the outlet is supplying the proper voltage.
The power is ON but no screen image
- Make sure the video cable supplied with the display is properly secured to the video output port on the back of the computer. If the other end of the video cable is not attached permanently to the display, properly secure it to the display.
- Adjust brightness and contrast.
- If you are using a Macintosh older than G3, you need a Macintosh to adapt Wrong or abnormal colors
- If any colors (red, green, or blue) are missing, check the video cable to make sure it is securely connected. Loose or broken pins in the cable connector could cause an improper connection.
- Connect the display to another computer.
- If you have an older graphics card, contact ViewSonic® for a non-DDC adapter.
Control buttons do not work
- Try pressing only one button at a time.
For technical support or product service, see the table below or contact your reseller.
NOTE: You will need to provide the product serial number.
C = CHAT ONLINE
|Australia New Zealand||www.viewsonic.com.au||AUS= 1800 880 818
NZ= 0800 008 822
|Canada||www.viewsonic.com||T (Toll-Free)= 1-866-463-4775
T (Toll)= 1-424-233-2533
|Hong Kong||www.hk.viewsonic.com||T= 852 3102 email@example.com|
|India||www.in.viewsonic.com||T= 1800 419 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Korea||ap.viewsonic.com/kr/||T= 080 333 email@example.com|
|Latin America (Argentina)||www.viewsonic.com/la/||C= http://www.viewsonic.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Latin America (Chile)||www.viewsonic.com/la/||C= http://www.viewsonic.com/ email@example.com|
|Latin America (Columbia)||www.viewsonic.com/la/||C= http://www.viewsonic.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Latin America (Mexico)||www.viewsonic.com/la/||C= http://www.viewsonic.com/ email@example.com|
|Nexus Hightech Solutions, Cincinnati #40 Desp. 1 Col. De los Deportes Mexico D.F. Tel: 55) 6547-6454 55)6547-6484
Other places please refer to http://www.viewsonic.com/la/soporte/servicio-tecnico#mexico
|Latin America (Peru)||www.viewsonic.com/la/||C= http://www.viewsonic.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Macau||www.hk.viewsonic.com||T= 853 2870 email@example.com|
|Middle East||ap.viewsonic.com/me/||Contact your firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands||
|T= 1-800-688-6688 (English)
C = http://www.viewsonic.com/ la/soporte/servicio-tecnico
|Singapore/ Malaysia/ Thailand||
T= 65 6461 6044
|South Africa||ap.viewsonic.com/za/||Contact your email@example.com|
|United States||www.viewsonic.com||T (Toll-Free)= 1-800-688-6688
T (Toll)= 1-424-233-2530
- What the warranty covers: ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use, during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a like product. Replacement products or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components.
- How long the warranty is effective: ViewSonic displays are warranted for between 1 and 3 years, depending on your country of purchase, for all parts including the light source, and for all labor from the date of the first consumer purchase.
- Who the warranty protects: This warranty is valid only for the first consumer purchaser.
- What the warranty does not cover:
- Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage, deterioration, or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Any damage to the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electrical power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting ViewSonic’s specifications.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Any product exhibiting a condition commonly known as “image burn-in” which results when a static image is displayed on the product for an extended period of time.
- Removal, installation, one-way transportation, insurance, and set-up service charges.
How to get service:
- For information about receiving service under warranty, contact ViewSonic Customer Support (Please refer to the Customer Support page). You will need to provide your product’s serial number.
- To obtain warranty service, you will be required to provide (a) the original dated sales slip, (b) your name, (c) your address, (d) a description of the problem, and (e) the serial number of the product.
- Take or ship the product freight prepaid in the original container to an authorized ViewSonic service center or ViewSonic.
- For additional information or the name of the nearest ViewSonic service center, contact ViewSonic.
Limitation of implied warranties: There are no warranties, express or implied, which extend beyond the description contained herein including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Exclusion of damages:
ViewSonic’s liability is limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the product. ViewSonic shall not be liable for:
- Damage to other property caused by any defects in the product, damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, interference with business relationships, or other commercial loss, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise.
- Any claim against the customer by any other party.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
Effect of state law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Sales outside the U.S.A. and Canada:
For warranty information and service on ViewSonic products sold outside of the U.S.A. and Canada, contact ViewSonic or your local ViewSonic dealer.
The warranty period for this product in mainland China (Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan Excluded) is subject to the terms and conditions of the Maintenance Guarantee Card. For users in Europe and Russia, full details of the warranty provided can be found at www. viewsoniceurope.com under Support/Warranty Information.
|Contact Information for Sales & Authorized Service (Centro Autorizado de Servicio) within Mexico:|
|Name, address, of manufacturer and importers:
México, Av. de la Palma #8 Piso 2 Despacho 203, Corporativo Interpalmas, Col. San Fernando Huixquilucan, Estado de México
Tel: (55) 3605-1099 http://www.viewsonic.com/la/soporte/index.htm
|NÚMERO GRATIS DE ASISTENCIA TÉCNICA PARA TODO MÉXICO: 001.866.823.2004|
|Distribuciones y Servicios Computacionales SA de CV.||Compumantenimietnos Garantizados, S.A. de C.V.|
|Calle Juarez 284 local 2||AV. GREGORIO MENDEZ #1504|
|Col. Bugambilias C.P: 83140||COL, FLORIDA C.P. 86040|
|Tel: 01-66-22-14-9005||Tel: 01 (993) 3 52 00 47 / 3522074 / 3 52 20 09|
|E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||E-Mail: email@example.com|
|Puebla, Pue. (Matriz):||Veracruz, Ver.:|
|RENTA Y DATOS, S.A. DE C.V. Domicilio:||CONEXION Y DESARROLLO, S.A DE C.V. Av. Americas # 419|
|29 SUR 721 COL. LA PAZ||ENTRE PINZÓN Y ALVARADO|
|72160 PUEBLA, PUE.||Fracc. Reforma C.P. 91919|
|Tel: 01(52).222.891.55.77 CON 10 LINEAS||Tel: 01-22-91-00-31-67|
|E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||E-Mail: email@example.com|
|Soluciones Globales en Computación||Compusupport de Cuernavaca SA de CV|
|C. Magisterio # 3321 Col. Magisterial||Francisco Leyva # 178 Col. Miguel Hidalgo|
|Chihuahua, Chih.||C.P. 62040, Cuernavaca Morelos|
|Tel: 4136954||Tel: 01 777 3180579 / 01 777 3124014|
|E-Mail: Cefeo@soluglobales.com||E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Distrito Federal:||Guadalajara, Jal.:|
|QPLUS, S.A. de C.V.||SERVICRECE, S.A. de C.V.|
|Av. Coyoacán 931||Av. Niños Héroes # 2281|
|Col. Del Valle 03100, México, D.F.||Col. Arcos Sur, Sector Juárez|
|Tel: 01(52)55-50-00-27-35||44170, Guadalajara, Jalisco|
|E-Mail : email@example.com||Tel: 01(52)33-36-15-15-43|
|GS Computación (Grupo Sesicomp)||Global Product Services|
|Progreso #6-A, Colo Centro||Mar Caribe # 1987, Esquina con Golfo Pérsico|
|39300 Acapulco, Guerrero||Fracc. Bernardo Reyes, CP 64280|
|Tel: 744-48-32627||Monterrey N.L. México|
|ELECTROSER||CENTRO DE DISTRIBUCION Y|
|Av Reforma No. 403Gx39 y 41||SERVICIO, S.A. de C.V.|
|Mérida, Yucatán, México CP97000||Murguía # 708 P.A., Col. Centro, 68000, Oaxaca|
|Tel: (52) 999-925-1916||Tel: 01(52)95-15-15-22-22|
|E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||Fax: 01(52)95-15-13-67-00|
|Tijuana:||FOR USA SUPPORT:|
|Av Ferrocarril Sonora #3780 L-C||14035 Pipeline Ave. Chino, CA 91710, USA|
|Col 20 de Noviembre||Tel: 800-688-6688 (English); 866-323-8056 (Spanish);|
|Tijuana, Mexico||E-Mail: http://www.viewsonic.com|
FAQs ViewSonic VA2055SM 20 Inch 1080p LED Monitor
What is the screen size of the ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor has a screen size of 20 inches.
What is the resolution of the VA2055SM monitor?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, commonly known as Full HD or 1080p.
Is the VA2055SM monitor an LED monitor?
Yes, the ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor is an LED monitor. LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, which is the technology used for backlighting the screen.
What is the aspect ratio of the VA2055SM monitor?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor has an aspect ratio of 16:9, which is the standard widescreen aspect ratio for most monitors and TVs.
Does the VA2055SM monitor have built-in speakers?
No, the ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor does not have built-in speakers. You would need to connect external speakers or headphones to the audio output of your computer or other audio sources.
What is the response time of the VA2055SM monitor?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor has a response time of 25 milliseconds (ms). While this response time is sufficient for general computing tasks, it may not be ideal for fast-paced gaming or video playback with rapid motion.
What are the available ports on the VA2055SM monitor?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor offers a variety of connectivity options, including a VGA (D-sub) port and an HDMI port. These ports allow you to connect the monitor to your computer or other compatible devices.
Does the VA2055SM monitor have VESA mount compatibility?
No, the ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor does not have VESA mount compatibility. It does not have the standard VESA mounting interface for attaching it to a VESA mount or stand.
Does the VA2055SM monitor come with any ergonomic features?
The ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor does not have advanced ergonomic features like height adjustment or pivot. It is a basic monitor designed primarily for regular desktop use.
What is the warranty period for the VA2055SM monitor?
The warranty period for the ViewSonic VA2055SM monitor can vary depending on the region and the seller. It is recommended to check with the specific retailer or ViewSonic’s official website for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the warranty.
For more manuals by ViewSonic, visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/ViewSonic-VA2055SM-20-Inch-1080p-LED-Monitor.pdf” download=”all”]