Telstra NBN network using the Gen2 Smart Modem
Telstra is an Australian telecommunications company and one of the largest telecommunications providers in the country. The company was originally formed in 1975 as a government-owned corporation but was later privatized in the 1990s.
Telstra provides a range of telecommunications services, including fixed-line telephone services, mobile phone services, internet and broadband services, and pay television services. The company also operates a number of subsidiary companies and brands, including
TelstraClear in New Zealand and Pacnet in Asia. In addition to its telecommunications services, Telstra has also invested in various technology and media businesses, including ventures in e-commerce, health, and content delivery. The company is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, and employs over 30,000 people
If you are having issues pairing your smart device to a Telstra NBN network using the Gen2 Smart Modem, please try the following fix:
- Login to the router’s setting page by typing http://mymodem.com into any web browser that is connected to the current wifi
- Username: admin
- Password: Telstra (upper case T)
- Please Note: Your username and password may be different.
- Click on WIFI (top bar, 3rd icon from the left)
- Click on the 2.4GHz tab, scroll to the bottom, and uncheck “Band Steering Enabled”
- Click on Guest 1 (May appear as Guest 2.4Ghz)
- Scroll down to WIFI Network, and click ‘Enabled’
- Make sure Band Steering Enabled is unchecked
- Take note of the Network name and key (password)
- Save setting.
- Connect your phone to this wifi network (it should appear on wifi available networks on the phone).
- Reset the Smart device so it is in pairing mode.
- Open the Laser Smart Home app and add a device.
- Select your product from the list.
- When asked for the WIFI name and password, type in the one you noted down (Step 7).
- When the device is added and configured, you can change the WIFI connection to the original one.
FAQs Telstra NBN network using the Gen2 Smart Modem
Q: What is the Telstra NBN network?
A: The Telstra NBN network is a high-speed broadband network provided by Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications company. It is based on the National Broadband Network (NBN) infrastructure and provides fast and reliable internet access to homes and businesses across Australia.
Q: What is the Gen2 Smart Modem?
A: The Gen2 Smart Modem is a modem and router combo device provided by Telstra for customers who subscribe to their NBN service. It is designed to provide fast and reliable internet connectivity, with advanced features like 4G backup and voice calling capabilities.
Q: How do I set up my Gen2 Smart Modem?
A: To set up your Gen2 Smart Modem, follow the instructions in the packaging or on Telstra’s website. You must connect the modem to your NBN connection box and power it on. Once the modem is connected and powered on, you can use your Telstra login credentials to set up your internet connection and Wi-Fi network.
Q: What is 4G backup on the Gen2 Smart Modem?
A: 4G backup is a feature on the Gen2 Smart Modem that allows the modem to switch to the Telstra mobile network if your NBN connection is disrupted. This provides a backup internet connection and helps ensure that you stay connected even if there is an outage or other issue with your NBN connection.
Q: Can I use my modem/router with the Telstra NBN network?
A: While it is possible to use your own modem/router with the Telstra NBN network, it is recommended that you use the Gen2 Smart Modem provided by Telstra. This is because the Gen2 Smart Modem is specifically designed to work with the Telstra NBN network and provides advanced features like 4G backup and voice calling capabilities.
Q: How do I troubleshoot issues with my Telstra NBN network or Gen2 Smart Modem?
A: If you are experiencing issues with your Telstra NBN network or Gen2 Smart Modem, you can try troubleshooting the issue by checking your internet connection, restarting your modem, or contacting Telstra customer support for assistance.
Q: What is the range of the Wi-Fi network on the Gen2 Smart Modem?
A: The range of the Wi-Fi network on the Gen2 Smart Modem depends on a variety of factors, including the size of your home, the location of the modem, and any physical obstructions that may interfere with the signal. However, the Gen2 Smart Modem features advanced Wi-Fi technology and is designed to provide reliable coverage throughout your home.
For more manuals by Telstra, visit ManualsDock