TATA SWACH VIiva Silver UV-UF Water Purifier
About TATA SWACH
Meeting USEPA standards, the Tata Swach is a product of one of the most reputable corporations, Tatas. Several Tata enterprises, including Tata Chemicals and TCS, contributed their ideas and technology to the creation of this low-cost, low-maintenance, and user-friendly water purifier.
Tata Swach purifies water using both silver nanotechnology and a special, cutting-edge TSRF technology. Unsurprisingly, the Tata Swach was chosen as the ‘Product of the Year — 2012’ in the area of water purifiers in a nationwide survey by an independent customer study.
Congratulations on bringing home the new Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF!
Being the health minister of your home it is your conscientiousness to safeguard your family from water-borne diseases.
The new Tata Swach Viva Silver UV + UF Water Purifier includes the advanced UV+UF technology and Silver Action Inside which acts as a shield of purity. Its advanced features like User-friendly indicators, a Toolless front opening, and a Zero-contamination concealed storage tank ease your Mission Swach Jal by consistently providing clean and pure drinking water for your family. This user manual will help you know your Tata Swach Viva Silver UV + UF Water Purifier. For any assistance, we are just a call away@ 1800-2-585858
THE TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR PURIFIER: UV+ UF
The Ultra Violet (UV) module safeguards against the microbiological impurities that can be present in the water. Ultraviolet purification deactivates the protozoa, bacteria, and viruses by damaging the genetic code which renders them harmless as they cannot reproduce themselves. The Ultra Filtration Membrane (UF) technology uses a semi-permeable membrane for purification. The Semi-permeable membrane in your purifier works on a very simple principle – only water molecules, dissolved minerals, and salts can pass through the membrane. Ultra Filtration is a separation process that uses membranes with a pore size of 0.01 microns. The UF membrane can remove colloidal materials including bacteria and cysts from drinking water. Low applied pressure is therefore sufficient to achieve high flux rates from an Ultra Filtration membrane.
- Tata Swach VIVA UV+ UF Water Purifier
- User Manual
- Installation Accessories
- 2 SelfTapping Screws
- 2 Plastic Anchor Plugs
- Flexible Pipe, 1/4″ OD
- Kitchen Faucet Adaptor ( KFA)
ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
PURIFICATION PROCESS DIAGRAM
4 STAGE PURIFICATION
Stage 1: Sediment Filter Cartridge (Coarse)
This is the first filtration process that reduces/removes impurities from the inlet water. These impurities may be particles such as dust and sediments that are above 1 Omicron in size. The life of the first sediment filter depends upon the inlet water quality.
- Recommended replacement cycle: 1 year*
Stage 2: Bacteriostatic Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) with Silver impregnation technology
This GAC Cartridge reduces chlorine, bad taste, and odor from the inlet water. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and pesticides in water. The silver impregnation technology used in this cartridge ensures improved bacteriostatic performance for the entire life of the carbon capacity. This Silver Action Inside of the bacteriostatic GAC greatly reduces the chance of bio-fouling and hence increases the life of carbon cartridges.
- Recommended replacement cycle: 1 year/SSOOLiters +
Stage 3: Ultra Violet Purification
The UV module safeguards against the microbiological impurities that can be present in the water. Ultraviolet purification deactivates the protozoa, bacteria, and viruses by damaging the genetic code which renders them harmless as they cannot reproduce themselves.
- Recommended replacement: 7000 hrs
Stage 4: Ultra Filtration Membrane
The UF Membrane protects against bacteria, viruses, pyrogens & colloidal matter. The membrane passes only dissolved minerals & salts along with the water molecules passing through.
- Recommended Replacement: 24 months++
If this cartridge chokes sooner than the recommended replacement cycle, it is advisable to install a pre-filter (available separately at a cost). The replacement period is as per internal test calculations.+ The life of the GAC cartridge depends upon the organics, chlorine, etc present in the input water supply. Under standard test conditions, the life is measured as 5500 Liters with 2 ppm chlorine water passing through the cartridge. As per the test carried out by the manufacturer
++ The life of the UF Membrane Filter depends upon the organics, chlorine, etc present in the input water supply. The replacement period is as per internal test calculations.
ADVANCED FEATURES OF YOUR TATA SWATCH VIVA SILVER UV+ UF WATER PURIFIER
Introduces you to Advanced/ new era of modern & useful indications in an easy-tounderstand way:
While our Service Technicians are trained to follow the installation safety guide, you must be aware of them
- Match the packaging list with the items in the box.
- Always ensure that the Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF purifier is installed by a trained technician.
- Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF purifier must be wall-mounted.
- Do not install the purifier directly above an electric socket.
- Ensure you use the plug provided with the purifier and do not change it unless recommended by the Company’s service technician.
- The length of the water inlet hose must be shorter than 2 meters to ensure sufficient pressure is available to the machine.
- Always connect with cold/normal water inlet only. Do not use it with hot water.
- Do not confine the water purifier in a cabinet.
- Input water pressure needs to be between 5 PSI and 35 PSI. In case it is more than 35 PSI, you need to use a “pressure reducing valve” and in case it is less than 5 PSI, you need to use a “pressure booster pump”. Either can be bought from the market or the Company technician at an additional cost.
- Inlet water should not exceed 500 ppm.
- Avoid sharp bends in the connecting pipes ensuring the inlet pipe has a free water flow path.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or humidity and ensure sufficient ventilation
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR TATA SWATCH VIVA SILVER UV+ UF PURIFIER IS INSTALLED BY A TATA SWATCH TECHNICIAN ONLY
- 220V single phase AC connection not more than 1. Sm away from the point of installation of the purifier. The wire length supplied with the system is 1. Sm.
- Raw water supply with½” nipple not more than 2m away.
- Space on the wall as per the dimensions of the purifier
- Wall/plane surface for mounting two screws and holding the machine.
- 1. Turn off the main water supply before accessing the nipple for connecting the Kitchen Faucet Adaptor (KFA). Use Teflon Tape on the threads of the Kitchen Faucet Adaptor to connect the pipe. Insert the KFA into the plumbing line and ensure threads are tightened. Depending on the plumbing connection, close the front end of the KFA using a tap. Insert the Inlet pipe in the KFA on the push-fit side. Double-press the pipe to ensure a leak-proof connection.
2. Open the front cover of the purifier by rotating the tap counterclockwise.
3. Take out the GAC cartridge and use the pipe attached to the KFA to flush for 30 sec with water. After flushing, connect it back into the system.
4. Connect the pipe to the inlet marked on the purifier. In case you choose to install an additional pre-filter (available at an additional cost), connect the pipe to the inlet of this pre-filter and connect the outlet of the pre-filter to the inlet of the purifier.
5. Plug in the power supply and check for any leakages from any of the connectors or pipes. lfleakage, then refit. If there is no leakage, close the front cover of the purifier.
6. Wait for a few minutes to start filling the concealed storage tank.
7. Drain out the first 15 to 20 liters of purified water from the storage tank.
Your Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UFWater Purifier is now ready for use. Familiarize your family members with the operation and maintenance of the system.
If away from home:
If the purifier is not going to be used for more than 2 weeks, shut off the system and drain the stored water.
These safety instructions must be read carefully to ensure your safety and prevent property damage.
- Ensure that the local voltage accords with the system voltage to prevent electric shock or fire.
- Do not use a damaged power cord or plug, or a loose outlet.
- Do not unplug by pulling the cord or handle the plug with wet hands. This may result in electric shock or fire.
- Do not bundle the power cord tightly together, as it may cause damage.
- If the cord or plug is wet, unplug the unit and let it dry completely before subsequent use.
- Unplug the unit before repair, inspection, or replacement to prevent any damage.
- 7. Do not plug into an outlet or power strip that is being used by several other appliances. Use a separate outlet for the unit to prevent fire.
- Shut the main water supply valve and unplug the power cord when not using it for a long time.
- Do not attempt to repair the power cord yourself. Electric shock or fire may occur as a result.
- Remove any dust or water particles on the plug. Never use benzene or gasoline to clean the plug. Electric shock or fire may occur as a result.
- Do not move the product by pulling the electrical cord.
- Do not clean the system with a wet cloth when the power is on. Use a moist cloth to clean the external surface of the purifier.
Operation Safety Instructions
- 1. If water leaks from the product, close the Kitchen Faucet Adaptor and call customer service.
2. If the unit makes a strange noise or you notice an odd smell, unplug it immediately and call the customer service
3. Do not place candles, cigarettes, or any other flammable objects on and around the purifier.
4. If you have not consumed water from the Tata Swach VIVA Silver UV+ UF purifier for more than 2 days, drain the water from the storage tank and refill it for consumption.
5. Periodical cartridge replacement is a prerequisite for clean water. Use Tata Swach genuine (with Tata Swach logo) purifier products to maintain the expected product life span and performance.
6. Do not expose the unit to direct sunlight and a high humidity environment. The optimal room temperature for the unit is 4°C-50°C.
- What is the storage capacity of my TataSwach Viva Silver UV+UF?
Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UFWater Purifier has a tank volume of 6 liters. The process of filling the tank is fully automatic and when you take water out of the tank, the purification process automatically starts and refills the storage tank.
- What is the purification rate of myTata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF?
Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF Water Purifier can purify water up to 30 L/hr. However time taken to purify water depends upon the life of filters, the input water pressure, TDS, and other impurities present in water.
- Which consumables require periodic replacement?
Consumables such as the Sediment Filter cartridge, Silver Impregnated GAC cartridge, UF membrane, and UV lamp need periodic replacement depending on the service schedule or fault indication as shown on the display panel. Please note that the life of the consumables is dependent on the input water quality.
- What should I do when there is no purified water in the tank?
In case there is no purified water in the tank, please call Tata Swach Toll-free number 1800-2-585858 for a change of cartridges or any other assistance required.
- How long is the stored water in the Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF safe to drink?
It is advised to drain out the stored water if not consumed within two days.
- What should I do if any part of the purifier gets broken?
Please call the Tata Swach Toll-free number 1800-2-585858. Our technician will visit your house and guide you on the repairs required. There will be a nominal visiting charge and all replacements shall be on a chargeable basis.
- Can I open and service myTata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF?
It is not recommended to open and service the purifier yourself. Call our customer care if you face any issue that requires servicing or opening the purifier.
- What should I do if the output water tastes unusual?
This might be because of one or more of the following reasons:
- Water is stored for too long in the storage tank. Please drain the stored water and fill fresh water.
- The filters/membrane needs to be replaced. Call Tata Swach customer care and get them replaced or cleaned.
- Thein put water quality has changed. This wi II leads to a sudden change in the output water taste. Please call Tata Swach customer care to get your purifier checked.
- What should I do if the purification is taking more time?
This might be because of one or more of the following reasons:
- The incoming waterline or the KFA is choked because of physical impurities in the incoming water. You can ask your plumber to check if this is the case.
- The temperature of input water might have dipped drastically (this will happen rarely)
- The filters may be choked or the membrane needs replacement
- What should I do if the storage tank is not getting filled?
This might be because of one or more of the following reasons:
- Check if the system power is ON.
- Check for any clogging in the incoming water line.
- Check for leakages in the purifier and if found, call theTata Swach
- Toll-free number: 1800-2-585858
Your new Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF water purifier is warranted against material defects arising from workmanship for 12 months from the date of invoice by the first end user, subject to the following conditions:
- During this Warranty Period, TATA CHEMICALS LTD (TCL) or its Authorized Service Provider (ASP) will replace or repair any part of the Tata Swach VIVA Silver UV+ UF water purifier, that in the opinion of TCL or its ASP, arises due to faulty material or workmanship (i.e. manufacturing defects)
- Tata Swach VIVA Silver UV+UF water purifiers’ consumables which are Sediment filter cartridge, Silver Impregnated GAC Cartridge, UV Lamp, and UF Membrane are covered under a one-year warranty. Only one single replacement will be done for each of the consumables during the warranty period. Every second replacement will be charged even though it may have to be changed in the warranty period.
- The product’s plastic body is not covered under Warranty and hence, it must be handled with care to guard against breakage during transit and usage.
- The customer will notify TCL customer care promptly about any defects noticed and give the ASP adequate opportunity to inspect, test, and remedy them, for which the customer will deposit the purifier if necessary with the company’s service center along with the original invoice, in the city where the product was purchased. A product so deposited for Warranty examination must be shipped freight prepaid. TCL will be entitled to repair/replace the defective part and retain the replaced part.
- This Warranty is void if the unit is not installed by ASP and also if not operated under normal municipal/well water conditions or is subjected to a temperature above 40°C.
- This Warranty is void if any kind of repair or alteration is done by a customer or unauthorized service provider or for failures resulting from the lack of proper maintenance faulty electrical conditions or non-usage of Tata Swach genuine spare parts.
- Input water pressure needs to be between 5 PSI and 35 PSI. In case it is more than 35 PSI, you need to use a “pressure reducing valve” and in case it is less than 5 PSI, you need to use a “pressure booster pump”. In case the consumer chooses not to install the required, any replacement of damaged parts due to fluctuating input pressure shall be on a chargeable basis.
- TCL or its ASP shall not be held liable for claims exceeding the cost of repair of the defects in workmanship
- This Warranty Agreement shall not be interpreted to render TCL or its ASP liable for injuries or damages of any kind – direct, consequential, or contingent to persons or property.
- TCL or its ASP shall not be held responsible by the representative or buyer for failure to abide by any of the obligations of this Warranty Agreement if such failures are the result of circumstances of Forces Majeure: including but not limited to Acts of God like floods, earthquakes, etc or transportation strikes, labor disputes with outside suppliers or any other conditions beyond the control of TCL or its ASP.
- TCL or its ASP cannot and shall not be held liable for any sickness or illness due to the consumption of drinking water from any water purifier supplied byTCL since TCL or its ASP does not have any control over the quality of input water, maintenance of purifier and storage and consumption conditions of purified water.
- This Warranty Agreement excludes all products/parts or damage to any part of this water purifier which, in the opinion of TCL or its ASP, have been subjected to misuse, misapplication, negligence, alteration, accident, or operation contrary to TCL instructions, or incompatibility with accessories not installed by TCL or its ASP, or that have been repaired with parts other than those manufactured by or obtained from TCL or its ASP. In all such cases, regular charges will apply. This limited Warranty does not include service to diagnose a claimed malfunction in this unit.
- TCL reserves the right to alter or improve the design and specifications of Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF at any time, without any contingent obligations to prospective buyers or owners of the products previously sold.
- Any disagreements and obligations based upon the purchase of Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+ UF products and thereby imposed on TCL or its ASP shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of India and subject to the jurisdiction of Mumbai Courts only.
- In case of product-related queries or complaints, kindly report the same on our Toll Free no. 1800-2-585858 or mail us at email@example.com.
WARRANTY CARD (to be filled by service provider)
FAQS About TATA SWACH VIiva Silver UV-UF Water Purifier
How do I install the TATA SWACH VIva water purifier?
The user manual should provide step-by-step instructions for the installation process, including guidance on placement, connection to water sources, and any pre-installation requirements.
What purification technologies does the water purifier use (UV, UF, etc.)?
Check the manual for information on the purification technologies employed by the TATA SWACH VIva, such as UV (ultraviolet) and UF (ultrafiltration) to eliminate different types of contaminants.
What is the purification capacity of the water purifier?
The manual may specify the purification capacity, which indicates how much water the purifier can treat within a given time period. This is important for understanding its suitability for your household.
How often should I replace the filters and UV lamp?
Water purifiers require regular maintenance, and the manual should provide guidelines on when and how to replace filters and UV lamps to ensure optimal performance.
Is the TATA SWACH VIva suitable for my water source?
The manual may include information on the types of water sources the purifier is designed for, as well as any water quality requirements.
Does the purifier have any indicators for filter replacement or system status?
Some water purifiers come with indicator lights or alarms to signal when it’s time to replace filters or if there is an issue with the system. Check the manual for details on these indicators.
What is the storage capacity of the water purifier?
If the purifier includes a storage tank, the manual should specify its capacity. This is important for understanding how much treated water is readily available.
How does the TATA SWACH VIva handle different water contaminants?
The manual may provide information on the specific contaminants the purifier is effective against, such as bacteria, viruses, cysts, and other impurities.
Is the water purifier electrically powered, and what is its power consumption?
If the purifier requires electricity, the manual should include information on its power consumption and electrical requirements.
Troubleshooting: What should I do if the water purifier is not working correctly?
The manual may include a troubleshooting section with common issues and solutions. This can help you identify and address problems with the water purifier.
For more manuals by TATA SWACH ManualsDock