Steinberg SBS-TW-3000/100 Digital Pocket Scale
Before you use the scale, please read this manual carefully, and keep it stored properly for future use.
For good performance and precise measurement, be careful during daily operation and maintenance. Regard the following instructions:
- Do NOT overload the scale. This will damage the load cell and void the warranty.
- Do NOT leave the load on the scale for long. This will decrease the scale’s accuracy and shorten the load cell’s life.
- When the scale runs out of power, replace the batteries.
- Do NOT use the scale in thunder or rain.
- Do NOT attempt to repair the scale yourself. Contact your local representative.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Do not place the unit in direct sunlight or near the air conditioning.
- Make sure the scale is placed on a stable table and is not subject to vibrations.
- Do not use the scale close to large electrical appliances such as welding machines or large motors. Do not leave batteries in the device if you do not use it for a long time.
- Avoid vibrations. Do not place your scale near vibrating heavy machinery.
- Avoid places where moisture can lead to condensation. Avoid direct contact with water.
- Do not place the unit close to windows, doors, or fans that may cause unstable results due to air currents.
- Keep your machine clean. Do not store products on the scale when it is not used.
- main display.
- counting function.
- negative load indication.
- low battery level indicator – replace the batteries when this indicator is on.
- units – during normal operation the display will show one unit.
FUNCTIONS OF THE KEYS
- „ON / OFF”: Press the ON / OFF button to start the unit. The scale will switch off if upon switching it on, the display shows the message “UnST”. This message means that the scale is placed on an unstable base – place the scale on a stable base that is not exposed to vibrations and shock.
- „M” button: The unit change is possible by pressing the “M” button. Then press up to reach the desired unit. Units can be selected from the following: g / gn / oz/oz / dwt / ct / tl.
- Counting function „PCS”: Put the desired number of pieces on the scale dish (it must be 25, 50, 75, or 100). Press and hold the PCS button for about 2 seconds, the display will show “100”. Then press the “M” button to select the number corresponding to the number of pieces on the scale dish – 25, 50, 75, or 100. Press PCS to confirm the selection. The scale will show the number of pieces put on the scale dish. To exit the piece calculation mode, press the “M” button.
- Tare key „T”: Press this button to subtract the weight of a container or any weight on the scale. This key is also used for zeroing the scale.
FUNCTION OF TARE
- Place an empty container on the weighing platform until the balance indicates a stable value. Then press „M“. Your balance now displays „0“. To exit the tare function, remove the container and repress the „ZERO“ button. Your scale is back to normal.
- The range of tare: entire load range.
- Press „M“ if the scale does not show „0“ when nothing is placed on it.
- The scale must not be overloaded.
- Switch the scale on.
- Press and hold the “M” button until the display shows “CAL”.
- Release the “M” button then press it again – “CAL” on the display will start to flash and moments later the display will show the flashing standard load value.
- Put the indicated standard load value on the scale dish and wait for the scale to stabilize. Then, depending on the model, calibration will be completed or the display will show another flashing standard load value which must be placed on the scale dish for the scale to stabilize.
- When the calibration is completed, a flashing “PASS” message is displayed on the display. Upon completion of calibration turn the scale off and on again.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
Shaking, crashing, and turning upside down of the device should be prevented when transported. Store it in properly ventilated surroundings with dry air and without any corrosive gas.
REGULAR CONTROL OF THE DEVICE
Regularly control that the device doesn´t present any damage. If there is any damage, please stop using the device. Please contact your customer service to solve the problem.
What to do in case of a problem?
Please contact your customer service and prepare the following information:
- Invoice number and serial number (the latter is to be found on the technical plate on the device).
- If relevant, a picture of the damaged, broken, or defective part.
- The more detailed your information, the better the customer service will be able to solve your problem rapidly and efficiently!
CAUTION: Never open the device without the authorization of your customer service. This can lead to a loss of warranty!
FAQS About Steinberg SBS-TW-3000/100 Digital Pocket Scale
Does temperature impact digital scales?
one of them being the temperature
How durable are digital scales?
five to ten years
Why do digital scales offer more accuracy?
To provide more accurate measures, they use digital technologies.
Do you need a kitchen scale?
A digital food scale is among the most practical products there is.
Do kitchen scales record mass or weight?
Scales calculate weight.
How much can a kitchen scale hold?
A digital kitchen scale is useful when?
Without using additional cups or utensils, swiftly and precisely add the components to your mixing bowl.
Better kitchen scales: digital or analog?
You’ll get the maximum level of precision from a digital scale.
Why do some people weigh items on a digital kitchen scale?
sufficient in detail for the majority of bakers.
Which digital scale works best in a kitchen?
Stainless steel food scale, OXO Good Grips
For more manuals by Steinberg, Visit Manualsdock