Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill
Chefman is a leading brand synonymous with innovative and stylish electric appliances for modern kitchens. Renowned for user-friendly designs and cutting-edge technology, Chefman offers a range of gadgets from kettles to air fryers. With a focus on efficiency and safety, Chefman appliances elevate the cooking experience for both novice and experienced home cooks.
Thanks for purchasing a Chefman* appliance.
Love to cook or rarely enter the kitchen? We’ve got you covered. Creating innovative kitchen appliances and guides for all skill levels just so happens to be our expertise. Saving time, reducing stress, and cooking more efficiently are just a few things to enjoy as you create restaurant-quality meals using our products. You’ll embrace a new world of culinary possibilities and cook with confidence. We like to call this the cooking forward effect! So go ahead, and promote yourself from cook to head chef in your household. (You deserve it!) From our kitchen to yours,
The Chefman® Team
We’re so excited that you chose the Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill to be the newest addition to your kitchen. Satisfying cravings is no longer dependent on the season. Now you can look forward to grilling all your favorite foods indoors, year-round! Think: inviting guests to an indoor barbecue in the middle of winter. With this grill, you can achieve the same grill marks and enticing flavor and aroma that comes from traditional grilling without ever igniting a flame. Best of all, this grill produces virtually no smoke and has the easiest clean-up thanks to a dishwasher-safe drip tray and grate.
Read this entire User Guide to get to know the Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill before getting started.
- The number one grilling holiday in the U.S. is the 4th of July.
- The main styles of barbecue can be divided into Memphis, Kansas City, Texas, and Carolina styles.
- Hamburgers are the most grilled food in the U.S.
GRILLING AT A GLANCE
It uses advanced infrared heating technology for consistent and even grilling at 450°F.
NOTE: To keep smoke at a minimum, we recommend adding a little water to the drip tray before grilling.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
HOW TO USE
- STEP 1 Slide the drip tray out from the base of the grill. Remove the blue plastic covering and stickers. Wash grill grate and drip tray in warm, soapy water. Dry before plugging in.
- STEP 2 Turn the control knob to Grill.
NOTE: The infrared technology inside this grill heats instantly, but allow 3-5 minutes for the grates to heat up for the best results.
- STEP 3 Use a non-abrasive spatula or tongs to place food onto the grill grate.
See the User Guide for detailed instructions.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the non-stick surface as this can damage the coating.
- The grill grate and drip tray are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Clean the inside and outside of the grill base with a damp cloth.
- Dry before storing.
- Do NOT stare at the heating elements within the grill for prolonged periods.
- Do NOT operate on top of the stovetop.
- Do NOT place utensils, plastic or foil wrap, paper, or cardboard on the grill.
- Do NOT use wood or charcoal with the grill.
- Place a trivet or hot pad underneath the grill before operating to protect countertops.
WARNING: When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do NOT touch hot surfaces. Use cool-touch handles. Always use oven mitts when handling hot material.
- Do NOT stare directly at the heating element light. Extended visual exposure can cause eye damage. To avoid serious or fatal injury, NEVER touch the heating elements or any other hot surfaces when the grill is in use.
- To protect against electric shock, do NOT immerse the power cord, plugs, or the grill itself in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when this grill is used near children.
- Never leave the grill unattended when operating.
- Unplug the grill from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the grill.
- Do NOT operate the grill with a damaged power cord or plug, or after the grill malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Contact Chefman Customer Service at 1-(888)-315-6553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do NOT let the power cord hang over the edge of a table or countertop or touch hot surfaces.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Chefman may cause injuries.
- This grill is intended for indoor use only. Do NOT use outdoors.
- Do NOT expose to high temperatures or place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when removing or disposing of hot grease.
- Do NOT place cooking utensils on the grill when in use.
- Do NOT place paper, cardboard, or plastic on the grill.
- Do NOT place food or objects on the drip tray when the grill is switched on.
- Use caution when grilling fatty meats like sausage, as spattering of fat can occur.
- Always place food on the grill grate. Never place food directly on the heating element inside the grill.
- Do NOT cover any part of the grill with metal foil as this will cause the grill to overheat.
- Make sure the grill grate, drip tray, and the outside of the base are clean and dry before plugging its power cord into an outlet.
- If using an extension cord, always attach the extension cord to the grill first, then plug the cord in the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn the grill off, and remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Please do NOT use the grill for anything other than its intended use.
- Do NOT use charcoal or wood with this grill.
- Do NOT pour liquids such as beer or water onto the grill, as this could cause a fire.
- Always clean the grill after each use. Do NOT clean with metal scouring pads as pieces can break off and touch electrical parts, creating a risk of electric shock.
- Never use the appliance without the grill grate or drip tray in place. Always put the grill grate and drip tray on the grill before you plug it in and switch it on. Do NOT use the grill if the drip tray is warped in any way.
- Some countertop and table surfaces, such as Corian-style countertops, wood, and/ or laminates, are NOT designed to withstand prolonged heat generated by this grill. Place a hot pad or trivet under the grill to prevent possible damage to countertops.
- Do NOT attempt to cut food while it is grilling.
SHORT CORD INSTRUCTIONS
A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards of entanglement or tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If a longer detachable power supply extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
POWER CORD SAFETY TIPS
- Never pull or yank on the cord or the appliance.
- To insert the plug, grasp it firmly and guide it into the outlet.
- To disconnect the appliance, grasp the plug and remove it from the outlet.
- Before each use, inspect the power cord for cuts and/or abrasion marks. If any are found, this indicates that the appliance should be serviced, and the power cord replaced. Please contact Chefman® Customer Support for assistance.
- Never wrap the cord tightly around the appliance, as this could place undue stress on the cord where it enters the appliance and cause it to fray and break.
DO NOT OPERATE THE APPLIANCE IF THE POWER CORD SHOWS ANY DAMAGE OR IF THE APPLIANCE WORKS INTERMITTENTLY OR STOPS WORKING ENTIRELY.
Warning: Do not place the appliance on a stovetop or any other hot surface.
- Non-Stick Grill Grate
- Cool-Touch Handles (side of grill grate)
- Cool-Touch Grill Base
- Control Knob- Grill, Warm, Off
- Slide-Out Drip Tray
- Power Cord
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove any packing materials, plastic bags, or stickers before first use. Be sure to remove all parts from the packaging before disposing of anything.
NOTE: Remove the plastic covering on the drip tray before operating the grill.
- Wipe the grill’s base clean with a soft, damp cloth.
- Wash the grill grate and drip tray in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly. Note: Do NOT use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the non-stick surface as this can result in damaged coating.
HOW TO USE
- Slide the drip tray into the grill base. NOTE: The drip tray can only be slid into the base with the indented side facing up to catch drippings.
NOTE: To keep smoke at a minimum, we recommend adding a little water to the drip tray before grilling.
- Place the non-stick grill grate on the base.
- Turn the control knob to Grill NOTE: The infrared technology inside this grill heats instantly, but allow 3-5 minutes for the grates to heat up for the best results. (The temperature of this grill ranges from 200°-450°F).
NOTE: Do NOT use non-stick cooking spray on the grill grate as it could damage the non-stick coating.
- Use a spatula or tongs to place food onto the grill grate. Do NOT use metal or sharp, abrasive kitchen utensils.
NOTE: If grilling fatty foods, use the grill near a ventilation hood, but not directly on stovetops.
- Remove cooked food from the grill grate or turn the control knob to Warm to keep food warm until ready to serve. Cool-Touch Handles (side of grill grate) Use a spatula or tongs to place food onto the grill grate. Do NOT use metal or sharp, abrasive kitchen utensils. NOTE: If grilling fatty foods, use the grill near a ventilation
- Turn the grill off when done grilling.
- Allow the grill to cool. Then carefully remove any food debris, drippings and grease.
- Remove excess oil from the grill grate and drip tray after every use. This will prevent burning and smoke.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Allow the grill to completely cool before cleaning.
- Carefully slide the drip tray straight out of the grill and remove excess oil from drip tray with a damp paper towel before cleaning.
- Using the cool-touch handles, lift the grill grate off the base. Wash the grill grate and drip tray with a soft cloth or sponge in warm, soapy water, or in the dishwasher. The grill grate and drip tray are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Clean the inside and outside of the grill base with a damp cloth, paying special attention to removing excess oil from the inner sides of the base. Wipe down the heating elements to remove any grease. NOTE: The base is NOT dishwasher safe.
- Always dry the grill grate, base, and drip tray fully before storing.
Problem: There is excessive smoke while grilling.
- Possible Cause 1: Grilling several batches of food without cleaning the drip tray. Refer to Cleaning & Maintenance on page 6 for directions on how to properly clean the grill after each use.
- Possible Cause 2: Grilling food marinated in too much oil.
- Possible Cause 3: Grilling food with a lot of fat.
- Solution 1: To keep smoke at a minimum we recommend using little to no oil and adding a little bit of water to the drip tray.
- Solution 2: Use the grill under a ventilation hood but not directly on the stovetop.
Problem: Pieces of food have fallen through the grill grate bars onto the drip tray.
- Cause: The food has been cut or sliced too thinly.
- Solution: To remove the fallen pieces of food, first turn off the grill using the control knob and then unplug it. Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully slide the drip tray out of the grill and remove the food.
- When using wooden or bamboo skewers to make kebabs, soak the skewers in warm water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Cut slits into food before marinating for better absorption of flavor.
- Marinate meat for a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 24 hours before grilling for more tender, flavorful results.
- Marinate seafood for 30 minutes to 1 hour before grilling.
- Avoid grilling foods that are crusted with breadcrumbs.
- Do NOT use charcoal or wood chips in the grill.
- Do NOT use non-stick cooking spray on the grill grate as it could damage the non-stick coating.
- A sign that meat is ready to be flipped is when it rises away slightly from the grill grate and starts to crackle or sizzle. If you try to flip and realize the meat is sticking to the grate, wait another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Use paprika and chipotle spices to achieve a smoky flavor.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our products are backed by a limited 1-year warranty. To register, follow the instructions on the Chefman® Warranty Registration page in this User Guide.
We offer a limited 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. This warranty is void without proof of purchase within the USA, Canada, or Mexico. Service centers and retail stores do not have the right to alter or change the Terms and conditions of this warranty.
WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS
- Manufacturer Defects
Chefman® products are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase when used by the Chefman® User Guide.
- Qualified Replacements
If your product does not work as it should, we will send you a new one. If the product is no longer available, we will replace it with an identical product or one that is comparable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Misuse – Damage that occurs from neglectful or improper use of products; damage that occurs as a result of usage with incompatible voltage. See Safety Instructions for information on proper use.
- Poor Maintenance – General lack of proper care. See Cleaning & Maintenance Instructions for information on proper maintenance.
- Commercial Use – Damage that occurs from commercial use.
- Altered Products – Damage that occurs from alterations or modifications by any entity other than Chefman®; removal of a rating label.
- Catastrophic Events – Damage that occurs from fire, floods, or natural disasters.
- Loss of Interest – Claims of loss of interest or enjoyment.
CHEFMAN® WARRANTY REGISTRATION
Register your product to extend your warranty for 3 months.
What do I need to register my product?
- Contact Information
- Model Number
- Proof of Purchase (i.e. online confirmation, receipt, gift receipt)
- Date code
How do I register my product?
We offer 2 convenient ways to access the Chefman® registration form:
- Visit chefman.com/register.
- Scan the QR code below to access the form:
Have a question?
Please reach out to us at Chefman.com/contact.
Need more help?
We’re here for you! Contact us at customer support @chefman.com or 888.315.6553 Monday-Friday.
- OTHER LIMITATIONS: ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, PROVIDED THAT IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IS REQUIRED BY ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE DURATION OF SUCH IMPOSED IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) YEAR. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER, AND CHEFMAN® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR LOST SALES OR PROFITS OR DELAY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM THIS WARRANTY OBLIGATION. THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or Province to Province. Some states or Provinces do not allow the exclusions or limitations outlined in this Warranty, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you depending on the jurisdiction of purchase.
Chefman® is a registered trademark of RJ BRANDS, LLC. ETLCM is a registered certification mark of Intertek Testing Services NA, Inc.
FAQS about Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill
How do I assemble the Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill?
Look for step-by-step instructions on assembling the grill, including any specific parts that need attention.
What are the recommended preheating instructions?
The manual may provide guidance on how long the grill should be preheated before use.
How do I clean the grill grates?
Look for information on cleaning methods and whether the grill grates are dishwasher-safe.
Can I use the Smokeless Indoor Grill outdoors?
The manual may specify whether the grill is suitable for outdoor use or if it’s intended for indoor use only.
Is it safe to leave the grill unattended during cooking?
Find information on safety precautions, including whether constant supervision is recommended.
How do I control the temperature?
Look for details on temperature controls and how to adjust them for different types of cooking.
What type of utensils can I use on the grill grates?
The manual may provide recommendations on suitable utensils to avoid damaging the grill surface.
Can I use marinades or sauces on the grill?
Find information on whether it’s safe to use marinades or sauces and any specific recommendations.
How do I store the Smokeless Indoor Grill when not in use?
Look for instructions on proper storage to maintain the longevity of the appliance.
What is the warranty period for the Chefman Smokeless Indoor Grill?
Check the manual for warranty information, including the duration and any conditions that apply.
For more manuals by Chefman ManualsDock