Sigma 24-105mm Art DG OS HSM Lens for Nikon
SIGMA is a manufacturer that creates and sells interchangeable lenses, digital cameras, and other photographic equipment. They have only made goods linked to photography and video since their founding in 1961. In other words, they are a business that exclusively develops photography-related technologies.
The ideal equipment for unique, unforgettable moments. Products and services that are ground-breaking, never-before-seen, and of the highest caliber are accessible anywhere in the world. SIGMA pursues innovation and exploration with unprecedented enthusiasm and dedication, guided by these unbounded principles as its objectives.
Digital SLR cameras have been evolving rapidly, and more and more photographers have been seeking a lens that can bring out the potential of a high-resolution sensor. There are occasions when photographers select zoom lenses as they offer more convenience than a fixed focal length lens, yet they do not want to compromise on image quality.
SIGMA has long tackled this task to provide excellent quality images for such occasions. We are proud that SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM meets these requirements and is the standard zoom lens from our “Art” line, offering stable and fine image quality from wide to mid-telephoto range. It has a combination of fixed aperture and a good zoom ratio that we kept as high as possible. Many simulations were carried out before achieving this goal, and made the specification compatible with 35mm full size image sensors.
Moreover, it was designed to surpass the quality inspection of the original MTF measuring system, A1, so it has succeeded in creating superior image quality for the new standard of high-spec cameras.
The angle of view differs on cameras to which the lens is attached.
- Corresponding AF Mounts: Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Sony*
*Sony mount does not include Optical Stabilization
- Accessories: Case and Petal Hood (LH876-02) supplied.
* The Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Our Art line delivers high-level artistic quality
- Sigma is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art, and Sports.
- Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression.
- Developed with the maximum emphasis on artistic touch, they are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction.
- Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up, and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist.
- Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, underwater shots, and many other scenes.
Covering the standard shooting range of 35mm full-size image sensor
- The convenience of a zoom lens enables photographers to capture various subjects without the need to change lenses.
- The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM is the perfect lens in this respect as it covers the basic shooting range from wide to mid-telephoto.
- Moreover, its constant aperture of F4, OS (Optical Stabilizer), and HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) enhances the lens’ usability.
- It is ideal for portraits, landscapes, and general photography.
Superior image quality
- This is a lens that represents the concept of our “Art” line, and it meets the highest standard of our quality test.
- For those standard lenses with a high zoom ratio, they tend to show astigmatic aberration, field curvature, distortions, and color aberration.
- In order to compensate for these, various types of high-performance lenses, such as FLD, SLD, and glass-molded aspheric lenses including double-sided aspheric lenses, have been included in the optical system.
- In addition, it suppresses chromatic aberration very effectively at the telephoto-end and achieves superior image quality throughout the zoom range.
- This lens overcomes low peripheral brightness which is common for those lenses with similar specifications.
- Also, the wide filter size of 82mm contributes to superior optical performance.
- This lens incorporates an OS system that offers superior stabilization, making it possible to compensate for camera shake even in macro-range photography where a small blur can be easily identified.
*Sony mount does not include Optical Stabilization
- The lens’ wide zoom ring ensures convenient handling.
- Putting the zoom ring in front allows the lens barrel to be more compact.
- The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, enhancing the lens’ stability and allowing the use of Circular Polarizing filters.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from an early stage in the lens development to establish an optical design that is resistant to strong incidental light such as backlight.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high-contrast images even in backlit conditions.
Minimum focusing distance of 45cm
- With a minimum focusing distance of 45cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.6, this lens is excellent for close-up photography.
Hyper Sonic Motor
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. By optimizing the AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved.
- It also enables full-time manual focusing capability which allows sensible focus adjustment by simply rotating the focus ring.
Incorporating Rounded diaphragm
- The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive round bokeh at large-aperture settings.
- The new product lines incorporate rubber for the attachment part of the provided lens hood.
- For better usability, the designs of the lens cap and AF/MF changeover switch have been improved.
- In order to ensure the high accuracy of the product, all metallic parts and the new compound material, TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), which has a high affinity to metal parts, are housed internally.
- On the zoom ring, the last three digits of its release year are engraved so the lens can be identified according to the year of its launch.
Brass-made bayonet mount
- This lens incorporates a brass bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability.
- A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use.
Newly developed “USB DOCK” exclusively for new product lines
- Attaching the lens to an optional USB DOCK plugged into your computer and using dedicated software “SIGMA Optimization Pro”, you can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus.
Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system “A1”
- We used to measure lens performance with an MTF measuring system using conventional sensors.
- However, we’ve now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system, called A1, using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections.
- The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM will all be checked using this “A1” before they are shipped.
“Made in Japan”
- All Sigma’s manufacturing processes- right down to molds and parts, with a few exceptions, are carried out under a single integrated production system entirely in Japan.
- We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people.
- We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of Sigma products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology.
- Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts.
Applicable for the Mount Conversion Service
- As an experienced lens manufacturer that has been creating a diverse range of interchangeable lenses, we are proud to introduce a new paid service “Mount Conversion Service” (starting from September 2nd, 2013)*.
- With this service, the mount of your current SIGMA lenses can be changed to another mount of your choice. It gives a new life to your favorite lenses when you wish to use them on a different camera body.
* This “Mount Conversion Service” is different from a normal repair. In order to apply for the service, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary/distributor of SIGMA.
For Sigma mount
- Lens Construction: 19 elements in 14 groups
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Filter size: ø82mm
- The angle of view (35mm format): 84.1°-23.3°
- Minimum focusing distance: 45cm/17.7in.
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): ø88.6mm x 109.4mm/3.5in. x 4.3in.
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:4.6
- Weight: 885g/31.2oz
- SIGMA: 0085126-635565
- SONY: 0085126-635626
- Nikon: 0085126-635558
- Canon: 0085126-635541
- Lens Hood LH876-02 (supplied): 0085126-930189
- FRONT CAP LCF-82 III (supplied): 0085126-930028
- REAR CAP LCR II (supplied)
- SIGMA: 0085126-929497
- Nikon: 0085126-929503
- Canon: 0085126-929510
- SIGMA DG UV 82mm : 0085126-923761
- SIGMA DG WIDE CIRCULAR PL 82mm: 0085126-923877
- SIGMA USB DOCK
- SIGMA: 0085126-878566
- Nikon: 0085126-878559
- Canon: 0085126-878542
FAQS About Sigma 24-105mm Art DG OS HSM Lens for Nikon
What is the Sigma 24 105’s minimum focus distance?
about 45 cm
Can a Nikon be used with Sigma lenses?
Canon and Nikon full-frame DSLRs are the target market for SIGMA lenses with DG in the lens name but without DN as well.
HSM art lens: what is it?
The advantages of an ultra-wide angle lens with little distortion are provided by 4 DG HSM | Art.
The Sigma 24 105 is full-frame, right?
a whole full-frame lens
How far can the attention be focused?
From a distance of 0.7 m and beyond, focus is acceptable.
What is a lens’ maximum focusing distance?
Most lenses can focus at infinity (have an infinite maximum focus distance).
Are Sigma Art lenses autofocus capable?
How is Sigma’s lens mounted?
SA-mount for Sigma
Are Sigma lenses auto-focusing?
Despite being substantially better, Sigma’s autofocus still falls short of the competition.
How is HSM superior?
They have a strong operating system and limited network connectivity that is firewall-protected.
Why utilize HSM?
HSMs guard the cryptography you use.
For more manuals by Sigma, Visit Manualsdock