Scosche CPPDRLK-SP Dash Port USB Type-C Car Charger
Scosche is a consumer electronics and car audio product company that specializes in creating various accessories for mobile devices and vehicles. The company was founded in 1980 by Roger and Scotia Alves and is headquartered in Oxnard, California, USA.
Scosche offers a wide range of products designed to enhance the functionality and convenience of mobile devices and vehicles.
DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO THE RETAILER
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR REPLACEMENT PARTS CALL US TOLL-FREE 1-800-363-4490 X1
This Instruction manual is based on carefully documented data and research. Scosche Industries Inc. cannot be held responsible for discrepancies/inconsistencies that may occur due to the vehicle manufacturing changes or options, or damages that may occur in the vehicle during the installation of components while using this manual.
If you have any further questions, call our toll-free technical helpline: 1-800-363-4490 x1 or visit us online at www.scosche.com/contact
12V SOCKET REMOVAL
These instructions are provided as a general guide and may differ from your particular vehicle. If you have difficulty removing the 12V lighter/ power socket in your vehicle, contact our tech support at (800) 363-4490 ext.1.
- Use a panel removal tool (PRT) to unsnap the socket assembly (Figure 1 ).
- Carefully slide out, unplug the power connector, and remove (Figure 2).
- Gain access the rear of the 12V socket assembly in the vehicle (not shown).
- Unplug electrical connections (not shown).
- Unscrew the locking collar (counterclockwise), carefully slide the socket out, and remove (Figure 3).
- Choose an area of the dash that is free of obstructions behind the panel and allows the cables to reach the rear inputs of the stereo.
- Use a hole saw or step drill bit to drill a 1″ (26mm) hole for the 12V POWER plug (Figure 4).
Use of the protective (FIGURE 5) cover is recommended, particularly for marine applications. Install the cover prior to installing the CPPDRLK-SP plug into location.
INSTALLING THE CPPDRLK-SP
- Remove the locknut from the CPPDRLK-SP housing (FIGURE 6).
- Feed the connecting cable along the body of the unit through the 1 “(26mm) diameter hole (FIGURE 7).
- Thread the backing/lock nut onto the CPPDRLK-SP housing from the rear and carefully tighten in a clockwise direction, do NOT over-tighten (FIGURE 8).
CONNECTING THE CPPDRLK-SP
- Connect the USB Cable from the CPPDRLK-SP to the corresponding USB Input or dongle from the back of the stereo.
- Connect the”+” Positive Male terminal from the back of the CPPDRLK-SP to a +12V Accessory Switched power source.
[Socket replacement]: Use the existing power lead from the previous power socket.
[New Installation): Route a new power wire (not included) to a switched power source such as the vehicle’s fuse block.
- Connect the”-” Negative Male terminal from the back of the CPPDRLK-SP to Chassis Ground.
[Socket replacement]: Use the existing Ground wire from the previous power socket.
[New Installation]: Route a new wire (not included) directly to the Chassis Ground.
- Once the CPPDRLK-SP is securely mounted and connected. Reassemble and remaining trim parts to complete your installation.
© 2021 SCOSCHE INDUSTRIES, INC
FAQs about Scosche CPPDRLK-SP Dash Port USB Type-C Car Charger
Is USB-C charging in cars faster?
Although the majority of automobiles use USB-A ports, the recently introduced USB-C standard is revolutionizing the automotive sector. You can always charge your phone from 0% to 50% in less than 30 minutes using the new standard.
What is the ideal wattage for a USB-C vehicle charger?
USB-C ports capable of producing 18 to 45 watts: With the correct connection, a USB-C port can charge most current phones quicker than a USB-A port. It can also be used to charge tablets and computers.
Why is there a USB-C port in my car?
“USB-C gives the car manufacturer the opportunity to be more green, as it were, by the very fact that he can now control the amount of battery power you can [deliver to each charging port in a vehicle] and have a very efficient transmission of power that you can minutely and properly control,” Ismail stated.
Will my automobile support USB-C?
Most mainstream automakers have USB-C ports available at some point in their model range. A few automakers have USB-C available on all models, including Audi and Cadillac. Furthermore, the majority of recently released completely electric cars (EVs) include USB-C ports, even if we don’t use them.
Does speed change with USB-C?
To begin with, USB C provides greater data transmission rates (up to 10 Gbps in certain cases depending on the cable and port combination).
Why is a type-C charger quicker?
Because PD can negotiate charging voltage and the USB-C connection can take higher current, USB-C can charge quicker than USB-A. However, depending on the manufacturer, a coaxial or other higher-current connection may be able to charge a particular gadget at an even greater current.
What’s the name of vehicle chargers?
A charging station is a power supply device that provides electricity for recharging plug-in electric vehicles, such as battery electric vehicles, electric trucks, electric buses, neighborhood electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid vehicles. It is also referred to as a charge point or electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE).
What is a car charger’s voltage?
What is the standard automobile charger’s voltage (V)? Most automobile power outlets that you use to charge your electronics are 12V outlets, which provide more than enough voltage to run a standard car charger that draws between 2.1 and 4.8 amps.
How can I clean my car’s USB port?
If necessary, use isopropyl alcohol or eyeglass cleaning. Wipe the touch screen gently after applying the liquid on the cloth. Use a can of compressed air to clean the USB port ends of USB cables and/or car power cables. Point the pressurized air canister towards the port.
How can one verify whether a car’s USB port is operational?
You may check whether there’s an internal loose or broken connection causing the failing USB port to not operate by inserting your USB device and trying to move the link. A short connection and subsequent disconnect would suggest that the USB port or the cable are having issues.
For more manuals by Scosche, Visit Manualsdock