BOSS Audio Systems 611UAB Car Stereo System
About BOSS Audio
American company BOSS Audio Systems produces audio and video gear for use in motorsports, boats, and automobiles. Sam Rabbani started the business in 1987.
Lithium Battery Cell Warnings
- Cell leakage may cause damage to the remote control.
- Do not throw cells into fire, as this may cause an explosion.
- Keep battery cells out of reach of children.
- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and annoying interference, do not repair yourself. Please refer serving to a qualified person.
- Some MP3/WMA files may not be playable.
- Keep lower volumes to concentrate on traffic and road conditions.
- If the battery is disconnected discharged or changed, the preset memory will be erased and must be reprogrammed.
- Installation of the unit is better at a horizontal position, or if it is at an angle, it may be not working at its best situation.
- Be sure to lower the volume before switching off the unit or the ignition key.
First, complete the electrical connections and then check for correctness.
- Insert the mounting collar into the dashboard and bend the mounting tabs out with a screwdriver. Make sure that the lock lever is flush with the mounting collar (not projecting outward).
- Only use speakers with 4 ohms impedance.
- Do not attach the control panel to the chassis before the wiring is complete.
- The maximum current of the auto antenna is 200mA.
Removal of the Main Unit
- Remove the metal strap from the main unit.
- Remove the plastic trim out from the main unit.
- Insert a bracket key into the left and right side of the main unit and draw the unit out of the mounting sleeve.
CONTROL PANEL BUTTON LOCATIONS
- 1. POWER/SRC
Press the POWER button to turn on the unit, and long press it again to turn off the unit. When the unit turn on, short-press the POWER/SRC button to switch the unit between RADIO, BT, USB & CARD, AUX IN, modes (if there are USB and SD card inside the unit). 1/. If there is no USB & SD card, then it will be only radio and Aux. When the user inserts a USB flash drive or SD Card, their respective logos will illuminate on the display.
- 2-7.(button 1 to 6) PRESET MEMORY BUTTONS In Radio mode
To memorize the frequency, press one of the six preset buttons(1-6) and hold for more than 2″S, the frequency is successfully stored. Therefore there are FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 & AM2, each band can store 6 stations, so a total 30 stations can be stored.
To recall the preset memory station, press one of the preset buttons(1-6) plus the BND button for FM1, FM2, and FM3.AM1 & AM2.
During USB or SD card mode, press the’ 5/-10′ button to go backward 10 tracks.
Press the ‘6/+10’ button to jump forward 10 tracks.
During USB or SD card mode, long press the’ 5/-10′ button to go back to 1 folder.
Long press the ‘6/+10’ button to go up 1 folder. You can repeat this function depending on the number of folders. This button will have no function if the USB or SD card has no folders.
- 8. CLK
Press the CLK button once to display the real-time, With time appearing on the display. Press and hold CLK button for more than 2 seconds until the time flashes. You can adjust the HOUR and MINUTE by pressing the button and button respectively and press the CLK button to switch the HOUR and MINUTE.
- 9. USB Port / Micro SD Card Slot
- 10. VOLUME adjustment
In the radio mode, rotate the volume knob to increase or decrease the volume level of the sound output. Press the volume knob, it will be switching the sequence as follows:
At the radio status, press and hold the VOL button to enter the switch state of the US(USA) and EU (EUROPE) frequency, then rotate the VOL knob to select US frequency or EU frequency, after selecting US or EU frequency,the system will switch to the selected frequency 3 seconds later.
- 11.FF(>>1) &12.FB(|<<)
In the radio mode, long press the FF(>>1) or FB(1<<) button for more than 2 seconds, the unit will search the next or previous frequency step by step. Short press the FF(=>1) or FB(1<<) button, the automatic search will start, it will search upward or downward for the strong signal radio station within the current band. The auto-searching will stop until find a station.
In radio mode, short press the BND/AMS button repeatedly to select one of the radio band : FM 1,FM 2FM 3, AM1,AM2 in a cycle sequence. When you select a band, the word F1. F2. F3 for FM band, and A1. A2 for AM band will be shown on the LCD. Press the BND/AMS button for several seconds, the radio searches form the current frequency and check the signal strength until one cycle search is finished. When the 6 strongest stations will be stored into the corresponding preset number within the current band. Short press the BND/AMS button to scan each preset station in each band.
- 14. MUTE
Short press the MUTE button to turn MUTE ON/OFF, when it is on, the MUTE will be flash on the LCD
and no sound output. When short press again it will be cancelled.
- 15. AUX IN JACK
- 16. RESET
To reset all parameters to factory default values. Use a subject with a sharp point end to thrush the RESET hole.
Pair and Connect
Before using the Bluetooth device as a handsfree system for a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone for the first time, you must pair and connect the two devices as follows:
- In any mode, before pairing and connecting, the BT logo flashes in the LCD indicating that no device is connected. To begin pairing, enable BT mode on your mobile phone.
- When the phone finds the car audio system, the BOSS AUDIO name will be displayed.
- Choose the BOSS AUDIO from the device list to pair and connect with the car audio system. Upon confirming, the BT logo will stop flashing.
- When pairing is complete, the mobile phone audio will automatically transfer to the car audio system whenever a call is made or received, or when the mobile phone plays music.
Make a Call
To make a call, dial the call directly from the paired mobile phone.
Redial Last Dialed Number
Press and hold the
Answer a Call
- When the mobile phone is called, the incoming telephone number is displayed in the LCD.
- To receive the call, press the button on the control panel.
- To reject the call, press the button on the control panel.
End a Call
To end an active call, press the
Switch Audio Between Car and Phone
During a call, press the VOL knob/button to switch the audio source from the car audio system back to your mobile phone.
Adjust Talk Volume
- During a call, use the VOL knob or VOL + and VOL – buttons to adjust the volume level.
- Use the MUTE button to mute the sound.
Audio Streaming (A2DP)
- Press the POWER/SRC button to enter BT mode and display media in the LCD.
- When a mobile device is paired, music played through that device will automatically be heard through the car audio system.
- Press the >>| or |<< button to play the next or previous song/file on the mobile phone.
- Press the >|| button to pause or resume music playback.
If you suspect something is wrong immediately switch the power off. Do not use the unit in abnormal condition, for example, without sound, or with smoke or foul smell, can cause fire or electric shock Immediately stop using it and call the store where you purchased it. Never try to repair the unit yourself because it is dangerous to do so.
- Power supply Requirement: DC 12V
- Maximum power output: 50W X 4CH
- Speaker impedance: 4 – 8 Ohm
- Unit Dimensions(WxHxD): 7.0 X 2.0 X 3.8 inch
- Weight: 1.54 Lb (0.7 kg)
- Fuse: 15 A
- Frequency Range USA / EUROPE: 87.5 MHz – 107.9 MHz / 87.5 MHz – 108.0MHz
- Channel step: 200 KHz / 50 KHz
- Frequency Range USA / EUROPE: 530 KHz – 1710 KHz / 522-1620 KHz
- Channel step: 10 KHz / 9 KHz
- Usable Audio Formats …………………………………………………………………………….. MP3/WMA
- Pre-amp Output …………………………………………………………………………………….. Front and Rear
- Frequency Response …………………………………………………………………………….. 20 Hz – 20 KHz
- S/N Ratio ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………. 60dB
- BT Profile supports A2DP , AVRCP,HSP & HFP profiles
- Range of frequency 2.4GHz spectrum
FAQs about BOSS Audio Systems 611UAB Car Stereo System
Who produces vehicle stereos with Boss audio?
Sam Rabbani, an aficionado for cars, established BOSS Audio Systems more than thirty years ago.
Exists a warranty for Boss Audio products?
For a year from the date of purchase, all BOSS AUDIO Systems products acquired in the US are guaranteed against flaws in workmanship and materials. For a year following your purchase, we’ll give you free labor and parts.
How can I pair my boss’ Bluetooth 616UAB device?
When the POWER is turned on, the head unit’s Bluetooth setup will immediately enter pairing mode. 2. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone to locate the BOSS 616UAB. 3. You can locate the BOSS 616UAB on your phone. After that, your phone will ask to link with it.
Which nation produced boss audio?
American company BOSS Audio Systems produces audio and video gear for use in motor sports, boats, and automobiles. Sam Rabbani started the business in 1987.
Boss stereos are created where?
BOSS, which has its headquarters in Oxnard, California, and operations in Shenzhen, China, uses its strong production and logistical skills to produce high-quality audio and video content and provide cutting-edge goods to customers and distributors.
Is Boss Audio a reputable business?
Because of this, it is a firmly middle device with a powerful high-end punch. It’s a feature-rich system that doesn’t break the money and looks factory. In the automotive world, Boss Audio Systems have a reputation that may be a little contentious. While some consider Boss to be respectable, others view them as a company that should be avoided at all costs.
Is Boss a reliable brand of speakers?
I received the Boss speakers really fast, and they sound fantastic and are a terrific deal. These speakers aren’t excellent, but they’re about average for inexpensive vehicle speakers. There’s not much of a difference between these and better speakers at this pricing.
Why do boss speakers cost so little?
Is Boss audio that inexpensive? The Quora. Is Boss audio that inexpensive? It all boils down to quality rules, testing protocols for requirements, and individual component quality if you mean less expensive than alternative possibilities. Each of these factors affects how effectively the apparatus functions.
How can I upgrade the audio system on my boss?
Download the System Program updater file from the BOSS website to your PC. Once your flash drive is connected to your computer, transfer the updater file onto it. The update procedure is then initiated by inserting the updated flash drive into the GM-800.
How can I adjust the audio system’s time on my boss?
After that, push the CLK button for a little moment. The minute will flash, and you may change it by pressing the button again. In order to validate the time modifications, finally push the CLK button. You may adjust the sound output’s volume by using the volume knob.
For more manuals by Boss Audio, visit Manualsdock