Samyang SY12M-E-BK 12mm Lens for Sony
Samyang is a South Korean company known for producing a wide range of photographic and optical equipment, particularly camera lenses. They are often recognized for their manual focus lenses and have gained popularity among photographers and videographers for their high-quality, affordable options.
Thank you for purchasing our lens. We believe that this new 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS Canon M, Fujiflm X, Samsung NX and Sony E, MFT lens will give you a special photographic experience
With an optical design optimized for mirrorless cameras, such as the Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX and Sony E, MFT the 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens is compact and very portable, producing both close-up and distant images,
Features of the 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens
- Optical design specially designed for the Mirrorless APS-C (1:1.5x) image format
- It compensates aberrations using 3 low dispersion lenses and 2 complex aspherical lenses and, in the fully open position, produces high resolution and high contrast at the center of the lens as well as around the periphery.
- The detachable petal-type hood and UMC (Ultra Multi Coating) design suppress flaring and ghost images.
- NCS (Nano-coating system) of the ultra-low reflection coating for the best picture quality,
The 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, and Sony E, MFT is designed with its own mount. You can mount the lens directly onto the camera without using an adaptor.
- Reference point
- Hood locking tube
- Focusing ring (Distance scale)
- Aperture adjustment ring
Attaching to and Detaching from the Camera
The 12mm 1:2,0 NCS CS lens mount is uniquely designed for the Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, and Sony E, MFT Cameras.
Gently hold the lens hood, align the camera mount attachment point with the camera locking reference point on the lens, push the lens into the camera, and turn the lens gently until it makes a clicking sound, and the depth of field scale is positioned at the top of the camera.
Gently hold the lens hood, press the lens release button on the camera, and turn the lens in the opposite direction to detach the lens.
When using the 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens, you can set the focus of a subject by turning the focusing ring, since it is an MF (Manual Focus) adjustment lens.
[Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, Sony E, MFT Mount]
- To change the focus from a subject that is far away to a subject that is close turn the focusing ring clockwise (from ~ to 0.2) and focus on the clearest subject, using the indicator signal on the camera or by checking on the LCD.
- To change the focus from a subject that is close to a subject that is far away turn the focusing ring counterclockwise (from 0.2 to ») and focus on the clearest subject, using the indicator signal on the camera or by checking on the LCD.
The 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens mount is uniquely designed for the Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, and Sony E, MFT Cameras,
[Aperture adjustment ring mark]
- Each number between 4~22 is 1 stop (1 EV) away from the next number. Brightness can be set more precisely by using the stop setting in between, such as the 0.5 stop between.
2.8 and 4.
- 5.6 and 8 are 1 stop (1 EV) away from each other,
- Set a brightness between 5,6 and 8, which is 0,5 of a stop (0.5 EV) between the two
Mounting the Hood
- The hood has a bayonet system that guarantees speedy, efficient, safe, and precise installation, and enables you to enjoy shooting that is free from ghosting or flaring.
- Align the attachment reference point on the hood with the reference point for a hood on the lens, push the hood onto the lens, and turn the hood clockwise until it makes a clicking sound.
- The aperture of the 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS lens for Canon M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, and Sony E, MFT is not geared to the Cameras,
- If the brightness value is set to above 8, the user may have difficulty in setting the correct focus when viewing a subject through the camera viewfinder, therefore focus on the subject by fully opening the aperture when attaching this lens to the camera, and then setting the depth of focus and brightness you want to express prior to shooting.
[Canon M, Mount ]
- Set the exposure to manual exposure (M) and change the focus mode to MF.
(The procedures above are for the Canon M. The settings for the camera or the menu may vary based on the camera model or due to a functional upgrade, Refer to the camera instruction manual or contact the camera manufacturer for detailed information.)
[Fujifilm X Mount ]
- Turn the camera power on, and set the focus mode selector on the camera to M.
Focusing will be easier with partial expansion using the command dial.
- Press the MENU/OK button, and select ON for ‘Shooting without lens’ in the shooting menu.
When the shooting mode is for video recording, you need to change the mode to still image.
(The above procedure is given based on the X-Pro1. The camera settings may be different depending on the model or due to a menu upgrade. Therefore refer to the camera manual or contact the camera manufacturer for more detailed information.)
[ Samsung NX Mount ]
- Set the camera mode dial to M.
- Adjust the shutter speed by turning the dial to achieve the appropriate exposure for the brightness.
* For some Samsung NX cameras, if you set the camera mode dial to A and set the brightness by turning the aperture adjustment ring on the lens, the camera automatically changes the shutter speed, so you don’t have to adjust the shutter speed as well, which requires in M mode.
(The above procedure is given based on the NX200. The camera settings may be different depending on the model or due to a menu upgrade. Therefore refer to the camera manual or contact the camera manufacturer for more detailed information.)
FAQS About Samyang SY12M-E-BK 12mm Lens for Sony
What can you use a 12mm lens for?
photos of real estate, buildings, and landscapes.
A 12mm lens can see how far?
Is a 12mm lens wide?
A wide-angle prime lens, the 12mm Lens
What is the 12mm camera’s angle?
Lens: 12mm, 22 degrees
Are Samyang and Rokinon the same?
These businesses, which are essentially the same,
Do Samyang lenses work well with Sony?
The lens is made for full-frame mirrorless E-mount cameras, like the Sony 7 and 9 series.
What is the Samyang 12mm’s focus distance?
What function does the Samyang lens station serve?
Update the firmware for the Samyang autofocus lens series and customize lens performance.
Which nation produced Samyang lenses?
Is Samyang of high caliber?
Stunning picture quality.
For more manuals by Samyang, Visit Manualsdock