Pyramid 2022SX 3-Way Indoor Outdoor Speaker System
Pyramid Audio is an affordable brand offering a wide range of speakers for cars, homes, and outdoor spaces. They prioritize affordability and decent sound quality, making them a good choice for budget-conscious audiophiles. While reviews are mixed and warranties are short, Pyramid speakers can be a great option for casual listening, background music, and even home theaters.
- PRODUCT PACKAGING Standard Packaging
- BRAND Pyramid
- MODEL NAME 2022SX
- SPEAKER TYPE Full-Range Speaker(s)
- RECOMMENDED USES FOR PRODUCT Home Theater, Commercial, Indoor, Outdoor Subwoofer
- DIAMETER 25 Inches
- ITEM WEIGHT 2.7 pounds
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS 4.33 x 8.86 x 6.5 inches
- WIRELESS REMOTE No
- WARRANTY 1- YEAR
- EXPANSION HD Radio optional
- HEIGHT (inches) 4 inches
- WIDTH (inches) 6.6 inches
- DEPTH (inches) 7 inches
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- 3-Way Indoor Outdoor Speaker
EASY TO ASSEMBLE
Watts 3-Way Mini Box Speaker System Mini Box Speakers Bass Reflex Cabinets 3.25” Long Excursion Woofer24oz Magnet Structure1.75” Wide Dispersion Cone Midrange1” Super Dome Tweeter Frequency
- Response: 70Hz-21kHz
- SPL: 94dB I
- impedance: 4 Ohms 200 Watts Rated
- AMPLIFY YOUR HOME Pyramid’s 200W 3-way wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high-quality audio at home, patio, studio, in commercial spaces, and outdoors. Includes 3.5” three-way indoor/outdoor speaker and complete mounting kit wires
- 200-WATT PEAK POWER These white surround sound speakers have 100-watt RMS with 200-watt peak power. Features a frequency response of 70Hz-21kHz with 4 ohms impedance and is equipped w/ quick connect/disconnect speaker terminals
- SUPERIOR SOUND The speaker system features a 24oz magnet structure that powers a 1.0” super dome tweeter, a 3.25” long excursion woofer, and a 1.75” wide dispersion cone midrange. It also features bass reflex cabinets for added bass response
- PROTECTED FROM ELEMENTS The Pyramid dual mini speaker system features corrosion and stain-resistant removable mesh grills. It has a total dimension of 5.25” x 3.75” x 3.75”. This makes it a great addition to your home entertainment or PA system
- UNIVERSAL MOUNTING Set of 2 mountable speakers is protectively stored in a heavy-duty ABS cabinet w/ butyl rubber surround. Designed to be mounted on a support bar, tubing, frame, or wall. Includes mounting brackets and installation hardware
Note: Products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US. Outlets and voltage differ internationally and this product may require an adapter or converter for use in your destination. Please check compatibility before purchasing.
Warranty & Support
If you’d like a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty for a product found on Amazon.com, you can contact the manufacturer directly or visit their website for more information. Manufacturer’s warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors like the use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from. Please review the warranty carefully, and contact the manufacturer if you have any questions.
- What are 3-way speakers used for?
A speaker called a woofer is made specifically to reproduce low-frequency sounds, whereas a tweeter is made to reproduce high-frequency sounds. The mid-range, woofer, and tweeter drivers, collectively known as the 3-way speaker, produce sound. Each of these has a unique level of efficiency across a wide spectrum of sound frequencies.
- How can I protect my indoor speakers outside?
To stop dirt and moisture from getting inside your device, you should seal the external speaker casing with a sealant that you may apply with a brush or spray. This may increase the lifespan of indoor speakers used outside.
- How far apart can outdoor speakers be?
Keep your speakers as far apart as you can, but no closer than 20 feet. Attempt to direct each speaker toward a hub where the best sound will converge. Two speakers should be sufficient in a room between 200 and 400 square feet.
- Do 3-way speakers have more bass?
When watching movies or television shows, a three-way speaker system can sound much fuller and has more bass output. It would also be ideal for some people to put an equalizer, bass booster, or subwoofer on their receiver to improve the signal coming from their TV.
- Do 3-way speakers need a crossover?
A crossover is necessary for 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way speakers. A Low Pass Filter or a crossover will be required if you install a subwoofer. They are frequently included in modern powered subwoofers along with an amplifier.
- Do you need an amp for 3-way speakers?
In short, yes, door speakers require an amplifier.
- How do you prevent speaker damage?
Maintain your receiver’s level at least 5–6 dB below its maximum setting. Most receivers have a volume control that ranges from -80dB (silent) to around +16 dB. (max). You can typically avoid over-driving the receiver, which could potentially harm your speakers and receiver, by staying below -6dB below that maximum setting.
- How do I protect my speakers from rain?
During cold weather, a professional approach is to cover the speakers with plastic bags or containers. This offers at least some protection from precipitation, sleet, snow, and extreme humidity, while the temperature change may still cause problems.
- Can outdoor speakers get wet?
Although they are designed expressly to withstand the elements, weatherproof speakers are only water resistant, not waterproof. Weatherproof speakers should be fine when exposed to moisture, steam, rain, or sprinklers. But keeping them protected will make them live longer.
- How long should outdoor speakers last?
If they are properly cared for and maintained, outdoor speakers may often last up to ten years. The temperature and humidity of the environment, sunlight exposure, proximity to water (including swimming pools), owner maintenance, and the caliber of the wiring, mounting hardware, and weatherproof seals all have an impact on how long outdoor speakers last.
- How many watts should outdoor speakers be?
Outdoor speakers have wattages that range from 60 to 300 watts. For settings under 300 square feet, two 60-watt speakers spaced 20 feet apart offer enough coverage. On the high end, a pair of outdoor Magnat Symbol X 130 speakers can handle 200 watts of power.
- Do I need an amplifier for outdoor speakers?
The majority of outdoor speakers are passive devices, which means they will require power because they lack built-in amplification.
- How high should outdoor speakers be?
According to audio experts, it’s best to mount outdoor speakers about ten feet high and ten feet apart, tilted slightly downward, for the best audio quality. Make sure to calculate your speaker wire requirements accurately to avoid running more than is necessary. Extra wire degrades the sound’s quality.
- What size are outdoor speakers?
In locations smaller than 300 square feet, a pair of 60-watt patio speakers will provide excellent coverage. 80 to 100-watt speakers should be used for spaces up to 300 to 500 square feet, while 150 to 175-watt speakers should be used for spaces up to 600 to 800 square feet.
- How do you install outdoor speaker wires?
To run the speaker wire from the inside to the outside, make a low-profile hole in the wall. To keep the insulation in your home in good condition, be careful to seal the hole. Connect the speaker wire to the volume control box, and then connect a different wire to the speakers from the control box. Never insert speakers into door jambs or window frames.
FAQS About Pyramid 2022SX 3-Way Indoor Outdoor Speaker System
1. What are the dimensions and weight of the speakers?
The Pyramid 2022SX speakers are compact and lightweight, measuring approximately 6.3″ x 4.7″ x 6.3″ (L x W x H) and weighing around 1.5 lbs each.
2. What is the power output of the speakers?
Each speaker has a rated power output of 200 watts, with a total system power of 400 watts (when used as a pair).
3. What type of audio drivers are used in the speakers?
The 2022SX speakers utilize a 3-way design, featuring a 3.25″ long-excursion woofer, a 1.75″ wide dispersion cone midrange, and a 1″ super dome tweeter.
4. Are these speakers truly weatherproof?
Yes, the 2022SX speakers are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. They are constructed with weather-resistant materials and feature a sealed enclosure to protect the components from dust and moisture.
5. Can I mount these speakers on the wall or ceiling?
Yes, each speaker includes built-in mounting brackets for easy wall or ceiling installation.
6. Do these speakers require an amplifier?
No, the 2022SX speakers are passive and require an external amplifier to operate.
7. What type of amplifier is recommended for these speakers?
A 2-channel amplifier with a power output of at least 40 watts per channel is recommended for optimal performance.
8. Are these speakers compatible with home theater systems?
Yes, the 2022SX speakers can be used as part of a home theater system for surround sound effects.
9. Can I use these speakers with my car stereo?
While technically possible, these speakers are primarily designed for indoor and outdoor use. Their size and power output might not be ideal for most car audio setups.
10. What is the warranty on these speakers?
The Pyramid 2022SX speakers come with a limited 1-year warranty.
For more manuals by Pyramid ManualsDock