Pyle PLMRA400 Hydra Marine Amplifier
Pyle is a well-known consumer electronics company specializing in manufacturing a wide range of audio equipment and accessories. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Brooklyn, New York. Pyle Audio has built a reputation for producing affordable and quality audio products, catering to various consumer needs.
Thank you for purchasing the PYLE PLMRA 400 High-Speed Power Amplifier. The PLMRA 400 has been designed using the latest electronic technology available. The PLMRA 400 is with engineered features allowing you to produce high-quality stereo reproduction in mobile applications. This innovative system has been designed as a 12-volt DC negative ground power supply. Easy installation with mounting hardware is provided. The PLMRA 400 has two input levels. The high or low-impedance input can be connected to units that incorporate BTL circuity or common-ground types.
- POWER ON LED
Lights up when the remote on the system is energized.
- INPUT GAIN CONTROL
Adjust high impedance input gain from 1 V to 300 mV for best matching with PREAMP output for your car stereo.
- LOW IMPEDANCE INPUT (HIGH-LEVEL INPUT)
This unit is provided with two terminal inputs (Front and rear) for LOW impedance. If Your car stereo has four speaker outputs (LF, RF, LR, RR). Wire input as per FIG. 3 & FIG 3A. If your car stereo has two speaker outputs, please wire as per FIG 4 & FIG 4A.
- HIGH IMPEDANCE INPUT (LOW-LEVEL INPUT)
This unit is provided with gold-plated RCA input jacks for high impedance. Couple the RCA input with the car stereo output using RCA-type connector cables. If your stereo has only left and right 2 channel outputs. You must use a Y-adaptor for connection (FIC 2).
- POWER FUSE
The power fuse protects both this amplifier and the automobile electrical system from the wrong electrical conditions.
- POWER SUPPLY TERMINAL
Connect the +12V DC power supply wire to this terminal. By lugs and screws accessible at the panel of this amplifier (Fig. 5).
- A.BATT +
Connect the +12VDC power supply wire to this terminal from the (+) terminal of the battery.
The ground terminal connects the ground wire from the chassis of the automobile.
The remote terminal connects the control wire which provides remote turn-on and off of the amplifier by the RADIO/CASSETTE player power antenna wire.
- A.BATT +
- SPEAKERS TERMINALS
Speakers can be easily connected to signal barrier strips. You may use 4 to 8 ohms speakers. Before connecting, please check the speaker connection diagrams.
ELECTRICAL & AUDIO CONNECTIONS
A. STEREO INPUT CONNECTION
- High impedance input.
- Low impedance (BTL or Common Ground) Input
- a. Four Speaker Output Mode
- a-1. Floating Ground Type
- a-2. Common Ground Type
- b. Two Speaker Output Mode b-1.
- Floating Ground Type
- b-2. Common Ground Type
- a. Four Speaker Output Mode
NOTE: High and low impedance inputs can not be used at the same time.
B. SPEAKER CONNECTION
Connect the speaker output terminals to the corresponding speakers. (Figure 5) The speakers must be high quality and capable of handling high power. Separated return paths and strong wires are required. (Fig. 5)
NOTE: This amplifier has built-in short-circuit protection. If you mistakingly connect any speaker wires to the ground, or positive power (+) and (-) Wires short together, the protection circuit will operate automatically and cut off output. In case of this, you must switch OFf the whole system immediately and double-check speaker wire connections and isolation before switching on the amplifier again.
C. POWER CONNECTION
- Connect the B+12V pole of the power supply directly to the battery (+) position terminal.
- Connect the GND pole of the power supply directly to the (-) negative ground battery terminal or car chassis.
- To make a good grounding and prevent motor boating noise problems connect another 12 gauge minimum wire from the (-) negative battery terminal to the chassis of the stereo unit.
- Connect the ‘Remote’ pole to the external switch for positive 12V ON/OFF. This may be connected to the receiver power antenna lead.
This amplifier comes complete with mounting hardware, if the unit is used in the line level (high impedance) mode, it is recommended to use gold-plated RCA connection cables with a length as short as possible and mount the unit as close as possible to the receiver. This will lower the chance of stray magnetic pick-up that may cause noise in the system.
- Choose a suitable location.
- Check the clearance behind and above the mounting area
- Wire unit according to the proper wiring diagram.
- Using the hardware provided, attach the unit to the mounting surface.
Your PYLE Power Amplifier is an example of superior design and craftsmanship. The flowing suggestions will help you care for your amplifier so you can enjoy it for years.
- Keep the amplifier dry. If it gets wet, wipe it dry immediately. Liquids can contain minerals that corrode electronic circuits.
- Use and stretch the amplifier only in normal temperature environments. Temperature extremes can shorten the life of electronic devices and distort or melt plastic parts.
- Handle the amplifier gently and carefully. Dropping it can damage circuit boards and cases and can cause the amplifier to work improperly.
- Keep the amplifier away from dust and dirt. which can cause premature wear of parts.
- Wipe the amplifier with a damp cloth occasionally to keep it looking new. Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the amplifier
- After all the connections have been made, turn on your stereo and listen for the amplifier to turn on. If there are any unusual noises from the speakers then turn the system off and recheck all the wiring.
- After you have connected your radio or equalizer to the amplifier, you may adjust the gain control to match the output level of your radio.
- (A) Set the volume control on your radio to 2/3 position.
- (B) Adjust the gain control for an average listening level.
- (C) Turn the radio volume down and listen for background noise.
- (D) Start your vehicle and listen for electrical noise.
- (E) Making fine adjustments to the sensitivity can reduce background noise and some engine noise.
- (F) CAUTION: Never turn the sensitivity up any farther than you need to get clear sound at 2/3 volume.
- (G) This adjustment only needs to be made once.
- Output power
- @14.4 V.D.C. 1KHZ………..100 WX4 Max
- Frequency Response…………….15-30K Hz (+ 3dB)
- Input Impedance
- 10K ohms (Low Level)
- 100 ohms (High Level)
- Input Sensitivity
- High Level ………….2.5v
- Low Level …………. 250mv
- Power Supply Voltage ……………….DC 14.4V negative ground (10.5-16V)
- Matching Speaker Impedance …………4-8 ohms
- Maximum Current Draw …………….. 10A
- Dimensions…………7.87″W x 2”H x 8.0”L
- Net Weight ………3.30 (Ibs)
Limited Warranty Policy Amplifiers
You must also include the following items:
- A copy of your sales receipt or other proof of purchase
- A brief letter indicating the problem you are experiencing
- include in your letter your return address, daytime phone number, and R.A. number
- also include a check or money order for $18.00 for return shipping, handling, and insurance, or provide your Visa/MC number with the expiration date.
Our obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the defective unit when it is returned to us prepaid. This warranty will be considered void if the unit was tampered with, improperly serviced, or subject to misuse, neglect, or accidental damage.
- All Pyle products are carefully constructed and thoroughly tested before shipment. Products purchased in the USA are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for two (2) years from the date of purchase. This warranty is limited to the original retail purchase.
- Should the product fail due to factory defects in material or workmanship, your unit will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of Pyle.
- To obtain warranty service you must first call our Consumer Return Hotline number at (718) 236-6948 to obtain a Return Authorization number. This R.A.# must appear on the outside of your package and all paperwork relating to your return.
- When returning a product to us for warranty service it must be carefully packed and shipped prepaid to:
Pyle Service Center 1600 63rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11204
FAQS About Pyle PLMRA400 Hydra Marine Amplifier
What is the power rating of the Pyle PLMRA400 Hydra Marine Amplifier?
Users often want to know the amplifier’s power output to determine its suitability for their marine audio system.
Is the Pyle PLMRA400 suitable for outdoor use?
Marine amplifiers need to be designed to withstand harsh marine environments, so users may inquire about the product’s durability and weather resistance.
How many channels does the Pyle PLMRA400 have?
Users might want to know the number of channels to understand the amplifier’s capability in terms of powering speakers or subwoofers.
Can the Pyle PLMRA400 be bridged for more power?
Some users may want to bridge channels for increased power output, so they might inquire about the bridging capability of the amplifier.
What input options does the Pyle PLMRA400 offer?
Users often want to know about the available input options, such as RCA inputs or speaker-level inputs.
Does the amplifier come with a remote control?
Remote controls can be convenient for adjusting settings while on the water, so users may ask about the availability of a remote control.
What is the impedance range supported by the Pyle PLMRA400?
Knowing the impedance range is crucial for matching the amplifier with the speakers or subwoofers.
Is the Pyle PLMRA400 compatible with Bluetooth or other wireless technologies?
Users may inquire about wireless connectivity options for convenience and ease of use.
What protection features does the Pyle PLMRA400 have?
Users often want to know about built-in protection features, such as thermal, overload, and short-circuit protection, to ensure the longevity of the amplifier.
Can the Pyle PLMRA400 be used in both freshwater and saltwater environments?
Marine amplifiers should ideally be suitable for both freshwater and saltwater use, so users might ask about the amplifier’s compatibility with different types of water environments.
For more manuals by Pyle Manuals Dock