KitchenAid NEW BOWL-LIFT Stand Mixer
Whirlpool Corporation is the owner of the American home appliance brand KitchenAid. The Hobart Manufacturing Company founded the business in 1919 to make stand mixers; the “H-5” was the first model to be released.
PARTS AND FEATURES
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
STAND MIXER SAFETY
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages. This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the words “MANGED” or “WARNING “Thaco word moon.
State of California Proposition 65 Warnings:
WARNING: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
WARNING: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To avoid the risk of electrical shock, do not put the Stand Mixer in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug the Stand Mixer from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Keep hands, hair, and clothing, as well as spatulas and other utensils away from the beater during operation to reduce the risk of injury to persons and/or damage to the Stand Mixer.
- Do not operate the Stand Mixer with a damaged cord or plug or after the Stand Mixer malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Call the KitchenAid Customer Satisfaction Center at 1-800-541-6390 for more information.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by KitchenAid may cause fire, electrical shock, or injury.
- Do not use the Stand Mixer outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter.
- Remove the flat beater, Flex Edge beater, wire whip, or spiral dough hook from the Stand Mixer before washing.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is designed for household use only.
- Volts: 120 A.C.
- Hertz: 60 Hz
NOTE: The power rating for your Stand Mixer is printed on the serial plate.
- Do not use an extension cord. If the power supply cord is too short, have a qualified electrician or serviceman install an outlet near the appliance.
The maximum rating is based on the attachment that draws the greatest load (power). Other recommended attachments may draw significantly less power.
Electrical Shock Hazard
- Plug into a grounded 3-prong outlet.
- Do not remove the ground prong.
- Do not use an adapter.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Failure to follow these instructions can result in death fire. or electrical shock.
SPEED CONTROL GUIDE — 10 SPEED STAND MIXERS
All speeds have the Soft Start® feature that automatically starts the Stand Mixer at a lower speed to help avoid ingredient splash-out and “flour puff” at start-up, then quickly increases to the selected speed for optimal performance.
NOTE: Use Speed 2 to mix or knead yeast doughs. Use of any other speed creates a high potential for Stand Mixer failure. The PowerKnead™ spiral dough hook efficiently kneads most yeast dough within 4 minutes.
USING THE STAND MIXER
GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR NEW BOWL-LIFT STAND MIXER
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON USING THE STAND MIXER
Visit KitchenAid.com for additional Instructions with videos, inspiring recipes, and tips on how to use your Stand Mixer. For best performance, please go through these quick steps before using your Stand Mixer.
- Make sure the Stand Mixer is turned to the OFF position and is unplugged.
- Attach the bowl to the Stand Mixer. Fit bowl supports over locating pins and press down on the back of the bowl until the bowl pin snaps into the spring latch
- Attach flat beater. Slip the flat beater onto the shaft. Turn left, hooking the beater over the pin.
- Raise a bowl to the mixing position. Rotate the bowl lift lever counterclockwise to the straight-up position. The bowl must always be in the raised position when mixing.
- Test beater to bowl clearance. Check the proximity of the flat beater to the bowl. The beater should just clear the bottom of the bowl but should not touch it. Plug the Stand Mixer into a grounded 3-prong outlet. Turn the Stand Mixer ON and test each speed, making sure the beater does not touch the bowl during operation. If the beater is too far away from the bottom or is hitting the bowl, proceed to step 6 to make the necessary adjustments.
- Adjusting your beater to bowl clearance. Unplug Stand Mixer. Lower the bowl to the down position. Adjust the beater height adjustment screw to lower or raise the bowl. Repeat steps 2-5 with the wire whip and spiral dough hook. Your Stand Mixer is now set up and ready for use.
IMPORTANT: The Stand Mixer may become warm during use. Under heavy loads with extended mixing periods, you may not be able to comfortably touch the top of the Stand Mixer. This is normal. The Stand Mixer motor may emit a pungent odor during the initial operation. This is common with electric motors.
CARE AND CLEANING
The bowl, coated metal flat beater, Flex Edge beater, and coated metal spiral dough hook may be washed in an automatic dishwasher. Or, clean them thoroughly in hot sudsy water and rinse completely before drying. Do not store beaters on the shaft.
NOTE: Always be sure to unplug the Stand Mixer before cleaning. Wipe the Stand Mixer with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use household/commercial cleaners. Do not immerse in water. Wipe off the beater shaft frequently, removing any residue that may accumulate.
TIPS FOR GREAT RESULTS
Your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer will mix faster and more thoroughly than most other electric stand mixers. Therefore, the mixing time in most recipes must be adjusted to avoid over-beating. With cakes, for example, beating time may be half as long as with other stand mixers.
To help determine the ideal mixing time, observe the batter or dough and mix only until it has the desired appearance described in your recipe, such as “smooth and creamy.” To select the best mixing speeds, use the “Speed control guide” section.
NOTE: Do not scrape the bowl while the Stand Mixer is operating.
Always add ingredients as close to the side of the bowl as possible, not directly into the moving beater.
Adding Nuts, Raisins, or Candied Fruits Follow individual recipes for guidelines on including these ingredients. In general, solid materials should be folded in the last few seconds of mixing on STIR Speed. The batter should be thick enough to keep the fruit or nuts from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking. Sticky fruits should be dusted with flour for better distribution in the batter.
Mixtures containing large amounts of liquid ingredients should be mixed at lower speeds to avoid splashing. Increase speed only after the mixture has thickened.
NOTE: If ingredients in the very bottom of the bowl are not thoroughly mixed, then the beater is not far enough into the bowl. See the “Using the Stand Mixer” section.
WHIPPING TIPS FOR EGG WHITES
Place room-temperature egg whites in a clean, dry bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip. To avoid splashing, gradually turn to the designated speed and whip to the desired stage. See chart below.
1egg white …………….GRADUALLY to 10
2-4 egg whites ……………GRADUALLY to 8
6 or more egg whites ……GRADUALLY to 8
With your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, egg whites whip quickly. So watch to avoid over-whipping. This list tells you what to expect.
Large, uneven air bubbles.
Begins to Hold Shape Air bubbles are fine and compact; the product is white.
Soft Peak Tips of peaks fall over when the wire whip is removed.
Almost Stiff Sharp peaks form when the wire whip is removed, but the whites are soft.
Stiff but not Dry
Sharp, stiff peaks form when the wire whip is removed. Whites are uniform in color and glisten.
Stiff and Dry
Sharp, stiff peaks form when the wire whip is removed. Whites are speckled and dull in appearance.
WHIPPING TIPS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
Pour cold whipping cream into a chilled bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip. To avoid splashing, gradually turn to the designated speed and whip to the desired stage. See chart below.
1/4 cup (50 mL) …………… GRADUALLY to 10 1/2 cup (125 mL) …………. GRADUALLY to 10
1 cup (250 mL) …………….. GRADUALLY to 8
1 pint (500 mL) ……………. GRADUALLY to 8
Watch cream closely during whipping. Because your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer whips so quickly, there are just a few seconds between whipping stages. Look for these characteristics:
Begins to Thicken
The cream is thick and custard-like.
Holds its Shape
The cream forms soft peaks when the stainless steel whip is removed. Can be folded into other ingredients when making desserts and sauces.
Cream stands in stiff, sharp peaks when the wire whip is removed. Use for topping on cakes or desserts, or filling for cream puffs.
Making bread with a mixer is quite different from making bread by hand. Therefore, it will take some practice before you are completely comfortable with the new process. For your convenience, we offer these tips to help you become accustomed to bread-making the KitchenAid® brand way.
- Always use the PowerKnead™ spiral dough hook to mix and knead yeast dough.
- Use Speed 2 to mix or knead yeast dough. Use of any other speed with heavy dough may cause the mixer to stop rotating to limit mixer damage. This is a normal operation.
If this occurs, turn the speed selector to OFF, and then turn back on to a lower speed.
- Use a candy or other kitchen thermometer to assure that liquids are at the temperature specified in the Liquids at higher temperatures can kill yeast, while liquids at lower temperatures will retard yeast growth.
- Warm all ingredients to room temperature to ensure the proper rising of the dough. If yeast is to be dissolved in a bowl, always warm the bowl first by rinsing it with warm water to avoid the cooling of liquids.
- Allow bread to rise in a warm place, 80°F to 85°F (27 °C to 29 °C), free from draft, unless otherwise specified in the recipe.
WARRANTY AND SERVICE
KITCHENAID® STAND MIXER WARRANTY FOR THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA
This warranty extends to the purchaser and any succeeding owner of Stand Mixers operated in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Length of Warranty: One Year Full Warranty from date of purchase.
KitchenAid Will Pay for Hassle-Free Replacement of your Stand Mixer. See Your Choice on the next page for details on how to arrange for service, or call the Customer eXperience Center toll-free at 1-800-541-6390.
The replacement parts and repair labor costs to correct defects in materials and workmanship. Service must be provided by an Authorized KitchenAid Service Center.
KitchenAid Will Not Pay for:
- Repairs when your Stand Mixer is used in other than normal single-family home use.
- Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, or abuse.
- Any shipping or handling costs to deliver your Stand Mixer to an Authorized Service Center.
- Replacement parts or repair labor costs for Stand Mixers operated outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THIS PRODUCT FAILS TO WORK AS WARRANTED, THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. KITCHENAID AND KITCHENAID CANADA DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
HASSLE-FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY – 50 UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND PUERTO RICO
We’re so confident the quality of our products meets the exacting standards of KitchenAid that, if your Stand Mixer should fail within the first year of ownership, KitchenAid will arrange to deliver an identical or comparable replacement to your door free of charge and arrange to have your original Stand Mixer returned to us. Your replacement unit will also be covered by our one-year limited warranty.
If your Stand Mixer should fail within the first year of ownership, simply call our toll-free Customer eXperience Center at 1-800-541-6390 Monday through Friday. Please have your original sales receipt available when you call. Proof of purchase will be required to initiate the claim. Give the consultant your complete shipping address. (No P.O. Box numbers, please.) When you receive your replacement Stand Mixer, use the carton, packing materials, and prepaid shipping label to pack up your original Stand Mixer and send it back to KitchenAid.
HASSLE-FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY – CANADA
We’re so confident the quality of our products meets the exacting standards of the KitchenAid brand that, if your Stand Mixer should fail within the first year of ownership, we will replace your Stand Mixer with an identical or comparable replacement. Your replacement unit will also be covered by our one-year limited warranty.
If your Stand Mixer should fail within the first year of ownership, simply call our toll-free Customer Experience Center at 1-800-807-6777 Monday through Friday. Please have your original sales receipt available when you call. Proof of purchase will be required to initiate the claim. Give the consultant your complete shipping address. When you receive your replacement Stand Mixer, use the carton, packing materials, and prepaid shipping label to pack up your original Stand Mixer and send it back to KitchenAid.
ARRANGING FOR SERVICE AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES, OR ORDERING ACCESSORIES AND REPLACEMENT PARTS
In the United States and Puerto Rico: For service information, or to order accessories or replacement parts, call toll-free at 1-800-541-6390 or write to:
- Customer Experience Center, KitchenAid Small Appliances, P.O. Box 218, St. Joseph, MI 49085-0218
Outside the United States and Puerto Rico: Consult your local KitchenAid dealer or the store where you purchased the Stand Mixer for information on how to obtain service.
For service information in Canada:
- Call toll-free 1-800-807-6777.
For service information in Mexico:
- Call toll-free 01-800-0022-767.
FAQS About KitchenAid NEW BOWL-LIFT Stand Mixer
What is the capacity of the new KitchenAid Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer?
The capacity varies depending on the specific model, but KitchenAid offers different sizes, such as 5-quart, 6-quart, or more.
Are the attachments interchangeable with other KitchenAid mixers?
In most cases, yes. KitchenAid typically designs attachments to be compatible across their range of stand mixers.
Is the bowl-lift mechanism user-friendly?
Yes, the bowl-lift design is known for its stability and ease of use, especially when dealing with heavy mixtures.
What are the available color options for the new Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer?
KitchenAid often offers a variety of color choices to match different kitchen aesthetics. Check the current catalog for the latest options.
Does it come with a warranty?
KitchenAid typically provides a warranty with their stand mixers, and the duration may vary. Refer to the specific product details for warranty information.
Can I purchase additional bowls for the mixer?
Yes, KitchenAid usually offers additional bowls and accessories separately, allowing users to customize their setup.
How many speed settings does the new Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer have?
KitchenAid stand mixers typically offer multiple speed settings, providing versatility for various recipes. The exact number may vary by model.
Is the mixer suitable for professional use?
KitchenAid’s Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers, known for their robust design and powerful motors, are often favored by both home cooks and professionals.
What safety features are included in the new model?
KitchenAid integrates various safety features, such as automatic shutoff and overload protection, to ensure safe operation.
Is it easy to clean?
Yes, KitchenAid designs their stand mixers with easy cleaning in mind. The removable parts are often dishwasher safe, streamlining the cleanup process.
For more manuals by KitchenAid ManualsDock