Kenmore ULTRA WASH 665.16832 Dishwasher
Kenmore is a brand of home appliances and home goods that have been around for over 100 years. The brand is owned and sold exclusively by Sears Holdings Corporation, a major American retailer. Kenmore offers a wide range of products, including refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, ovens, and vacuums.
Kenmore products are known for their quality and reliability, and the brand has a reputation for producing long-lasting home appliances that are built to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. Many Kenmore products also come with advanced features and technologies, such as smart home compatibility and energy-saving modes, making them an attractive choice for tech-savvy and environmentally-conscious consumers.
With its wide range of products and commitment to quality and innovation, Kenmore has become a trusted and well-respected name in the home appliance industry.
WE SERVICE WHAT WE SELL
Your purchase has added value because you can depend on Sears Home Central* for service. With over 12,000 trained repair Specialists and access to over 4.2 million parts and accessories, pledge: We Service What We Sell.
Sears Maintenance Agreements
Your Kenmore appliance is designed, manufactured, and tested to provide years of dependable operation. Yet any major appliance may require service from time to time. The Sears Agreement offers you an outstanding service program, a or a y price.
FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY ON KENMORE ULTRA WASH* DISHWASHERS For one year from the date of purchase, when this dishwasher is installed and operated according to instructions provided in the Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide, Sears will repair this dishwasher, free of charge, if defective in material or workmanship.
FULL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY ON ELECTRONIC CONTROL AND POWER SUPPLY BOARD For two years from the date of purchase, when this dishwasher is installed and operated according to instructions provided in the Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide, Sears will repair, free of charge, the electronic module and power supply board if defective in material or workmanship.
FULL WARRANTY FOR THE LIFE OF THE DISHWASHER, ON ULTRA LIFE™ TUB MODELS, AGAINST LEAKS IN THE TUB AND INNER DOOR PANEL For the life of the dishwasher, if a leak should occur as a result of the failure of the polypropylene tub or inner door panel due to cracking, chipping or peeling, Sears will replace free of charge the tub or inner door panel.
UNITED TWO-YEAR WARRANTY ON THE ULTRA WASH WASH SYSTEM After the first year and until two years from the date of purchase, when the dishwasher is installed and operated in accordance with the instructions provided in the Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide, Sears will replace any part of the ULTRA WASH wash system (motor, pump, spray arms, ULTRA FLOW^“ water feed tube, motor seats, and pump gasket) due to defective materials or workmanship. The customer assumes any tabor costs associated with the replacement of these parts.
WARRANTY RESTRICTION If the dishwasher is subject to other than private family use, the above warranty coverage is effective for only 90 days.
WARRANTY SERFAGE WARRANTY SERVICE IS AVAILABLE BY CONTACTING THE NEAREST SEARS SERVICE CENTER IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA. This warranty applies only while the product is in use in the United States or Canada. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
Warranty terms may vary in Canada. For Sears Warranty information in the United States or Canada call 1-800-469-4663.
In the space below, record your complete model number, serial number, and purchase date. You can find this information on the model and serial number label, located as shown in the Parts and Features section
of this book. Have this information available to help you quickly obtain assistance or service when you contact Sears concerning your appliance.
- Model number 665.______________________ _____________________
- Sen a number____________________________ _____________________
- Purchase date_____________________________________ ____________
Save these instructions and your sales receipt for future reference.
Your safety and the safety of others are very important. We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER” or “WARNING.” These words mean:
DANGER You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t immediately follow instructions.
WARNING You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t follow instructions.
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: When using the dishwasher, follow basic precautions, including the following:
Read all instructions before using the dishwasher. Use the dishwasher only for its intended function. Use only detergents or rinse agents recommended for use in a dishwasher, and keep them out of the reach of children.
When loading items to be washed:
- Locate sharp items so that they are not likely to damage the door seal; and
- Load sharp knives with the handles up to reduce the risk of cut-type injuries.
- Do not wash plastic items unless they are marked “dishwasher safe” or the equivalent. For plastic items not so marked, check the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Do not touch the heating element during or immediately after use.
- Do not operate the dishwasher unless all enclosure panels are properly in place.
- Do not tamper with controls.
- Do not abuse, sit on, or stand on the door or dish racks of the dishwasher.
To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children to play in or on the dishwasher. Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be produced in a hot water system that has not been used for two weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been used for such a period, before using the dishwasher turn on all hot water faucets and let the water flow from each for several minutes. This will release any accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame during this time. Remove the door to the washing compartment when removing an old dishwasher from service or discarding it.
PARTS AND FEATURES
- Upper-level wash
- Top rack
- Flexible tines
- Utensil basket
- Bottom rack
- Fold-down tines
- Lower spray arm
- Water inlet opening [in tub wali]
- Rack bumper
- Heating element
- Active vent
- Divided tines
- Top spray arm
- Combo cup shelf
- NO-FLIP™ clips
- ULTRA FLOW’^“ water feed tube
- Silverware basket
- Model and serial number label
- ULTRA WASH* module
- Overfill protection float
- Detergent dispenser
- Rinse aid dispenser
ULTRA WASH Soil Removal System
The ULTRA WASH soil removal system gives you sparkling clean dishes while using less energy and time. The ULTRA WASH soil removal system includes:
- A heavy-duty grinder that acts as a food disposer to grind and dispose of large food particles.
- An ULTRA WASH sensor to monitor soil level and adjust the cycles as needed.
- An Automatic Temperature Control (АТС) that ensures the proper water temperature for the selected wash cycle, and soil level of the load.
How the ULTRA WASH soil removal system works
- Load the dishwasher. Remove bones, large chunks, or burned-on food. No rinsing is necessary. Any remaining food soil will be ground up and disposed of down the drain with the rinse water.
- Hot water fills the dishwasher to a level near the bottom of the overfill protection float.
- The HEATING indicator glows, and the countdown pauses while the water is heated.
- When the water reaches the proper temperature, the HEATING indicator turns off and the cycle countdown resumes.
- Detergent from the detergent dispenser is dispensed at the correct cycle times and hot water is pumped through the ULTRA WASH pump.
- Hot water and detergent spray against the soiled surfaces of the load and remove food particles.
- Food soil is held in an accumulating chamber.
- Food soil is disposed of down the drain with the wash water.
- Fresh, hot water enters the dishwasher and sprays on the ‘ dishes. The rinse water is then pumped through the ULTRA WASH soil removal system and the remaining soil
- The food soil that is held in the ULTRA WASH soil removal system is disposed of down the drain with the rinse water.
- The final rinse water is heated. The rinse aid is added to the water for the final rinse to prepare the dishes for drying.
FAQs Kenmore ULTRA WASH 665.16832 Dishwasher
The Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher won’t turn on; why?
If the start button isn’t responding, the user control and display board are probably broken and have to be replaced.
What is the reset procedure for my Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher 665?
The “hot dry” button, the “regular wash” button, the “heated dry” button, and then the “normal wash” button are the standard ways to reset a Kenmore dishwasher. Your dishwasher should start a quick 12-minute test cycle after you hit those four buttons consecutively, during which it will reset.
Why doesn’t my dishwasher start after it turns on?
Attempt to reset the dishwasher. The dishwasher may be stuck in the middle of a cycle if it won’t start despite having power. The dishwasher might switch back to a drain cycle if the start button has been pressed more than once. In order to fix this, start the drain cycle, wait 60 to 90 seconds, and then push the start button once.
Is there a reset button on dishwashers?
Often, a reset button is not included on the control panel of a dishwasher. Disconnecting your dishwasher for one minute from its power source, then plugging it back in will reset it.
Why won’t my Kenmore dishwasher drain?
The drain valve may become clogged with debris over time. Clean out the drain valve to make sure water can pass through it. Replace the drain valve if it is free of obstructions but still does not function. Drain valves cannot be repaired; you must replace them if they are broken.
Can I use vinegar during the rinse cycle of my dishwasher?
Also, you can use white vinegar as a cleaner when your dishwasher needs a good cleaning as well as a regular dishwasher rinse assist. An empty dishwasher can be filled with detergent and run through a cycle. Acetic acid (C2H4O2) makes up 5% of commercial white vinegar.
What are the top three guidelines for utilizing a dishwasher?
Don’t overburden. Glasses and plates that are packed together may chip or break (and won’t get cleaned either). Before entering the machine, wait for it to cool down to avoid getting burned by the steam. Close the dishwasher door after using it to avoid someone tripping over it.
What are the dishwasher’s major characteristics?
There are typically three settings in a dishwasher: standard, heavy, and light. Dishwashers have different wash cycle options, and ones with programmable or built-in modes for a quick wash, delicate, rinse and hold, etc., will typically cost more but might end up saving you money on water and power over time.
How long does a cycle in a dishwasher last?
Depending on the cycle you select, the typical dishwashing cycle time ranges from 1.5 to 4 hours. Depending on sensor readings, how filthy your dishes are, or how long it takes to heat the water between cycle phases, the typical dishwasher running duration may differ.
What is the most typical dishwashing issue?
One of the most typical dishwasher problems that homeowners have is a dishwasher that doesn’t drain properly. Even though it may be annoying, you can usually resolve the issue on your own.
For more manuals by Kenmore, visit ManualsDock