iOttie Auto Sense Qi Wireless Car Charger
iOttie is a well-known brand that specializes in producing high-quality car mounts and accessories for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. They are particularly known for their innovative and user-friendly designs that aim to make it easier for people to use their devices while driving.
iOttie’s product range includes various types of car mounts, such as dashboard mounts, windshield mounts, vent mounts, and CD slot mounts, among others. These mounts are designed to securely hold devices of different sizes and shapes, allowing users to have hands-free access to their devices while driving for navigation, music streaming, and more, without compromising safety.
For optimal mounting and charging, please follow the detailed instructions within this manual when using the Auto Sense Wireless Charging Mount. iOttie is not liable for possible damages due to product misuse.
Mounting at a perpendicular angle to the mount works best with the If mounted at an angle, the phone will need to be very close to the sensor for
- Smartphone cases
Reflective Smartphone cases work best. Dark-colored or textured cases do not reflect light well, making it difficult for the Proximity Sensor to detect the phone. If using a dark-colored or textured case, the phone will have to be very close to the mount for the arms to open automatically.
Before using the product, make sure your device is Qi Wireless compatible. Compatible devices include iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note9+, and Google Pixel 3.
- Qi Wireless Charging in Vehicle
Use the included iOttie Car Charger and Micro USB Cable. If you do use a third-party car charger, use a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or equivalent adapter to receive a wireless charge (with compatible devices).
At a Glance
Assembling the Mount
Selecting a Location
Choose an installation method: Dashboard/Flat Surface (A) or Windshield (B).
Option A-Dashboard or Flat Surface Installation
Choose an area on a flat surface on the vehicle’s dashboard and wipe any dust or debris from the surface. Before mounting the product, we recommend surface and product be above 40°F.
- Peel off the film on the pad & stick to the desired installation location. Wait 15-30 minutes for adhesive to adhere before moving on to the next step.
- Peel off the protective film on the Suction Cup and press mount firmly onto the dashboard pad.
- Push the Locking Lever down to secure the mount.
Option B-Windshield Installation or Curved Glass Installation
Choose a location on the windshield and wipe any dust or debris from the surface.
- Peel off the protective film on the Suction Cup and press firmly onto the windshield.
- Push the Locking Lever down to engage suction.
- Plug the micro-USB cable into the USB port on the back of the Mounting Head.
- Insert a Car Charger into your vehicle’s power port.
Using the Auto Sense Mechanism
Once it is unplugged or the car is turned off, the Auto Sense’s internal battery keeps a charge for up to one hour.
Mounting and Charging
- Side arms on the mount automatically open via a silent step motor for one second when the phone is detected in front of the Proximity Sensor on the mount.
- Once the phone is placed in the mount, the arms will automatically close after one second. Qi wireless charging will start immediately.
- Buttons under the light on both sides of the device can also open and close the arms. One or both buttons can be pressed.
The Auto Sense is powered via a micro-USB cable and coil cell battery. There is no on/off switch on the device. Once it is plugged in, the device will remain on unless the vehicle shuts off power when in parking mode.
Adjusting the Mount
- Foot Knob
Out of the box, the foot knob is set to regular-sized phones. The foot will need to be adjusted for plus-sized phones or cases with thicker bottoms.Move the knob down until laser etching is aligned appropriately as shown in the line drawing.
- Telescopic Knob
Located on top of the Telescopic Arm, loosen to extend the arm, and tighten to secure distance.
- Pivot Knob
Located on the side of the Mount Base, turning allows you to pivot the telescopic arm. Tighten to secure position.
Qi Alignment Guide
The Qi Receiver Coil is usually located in the center area of the phone. Check with your phone’s manufacturer for the Qi coil location. Below are some examples of commonly used phones.
- For larger/plus phones or larger cases, the knob on the mount will need to be adjusted as indicated by laser etching on the back for proper alignment with Qi coils.
- The Qi coil on the mount is located at the top, above the iOttie logo. Please follow the guide below to line up your phone with the device for optimal wireless charging.
Wireless Charger Specifications
Car Charger Specifications
FCC Part 15 Compliance
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the product.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a wireless power transfer, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- During the charging process, the transfer of electricity gives off heat. Your device may become warm, but should not become exceedingly hot.
- If the device gets wet, please cease charging immediately. Remove all plugs and dry the product completely. The device is only to be operated in a dry, indoor environment.
- Please be careful of excessive drops, dents, punctures, or deformities on the device. If you are concerned, please unplug the device and contact the manufacturer.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- Operating this device in a hot environment or in direct sunlight for a long period of time may cause malfunctions. We recommend keeping the product in cooler temperatures.
- Please use the included components for an optimal experience. To support Qi wireless charge when using a third-party car charger or a USB Power Adapter use a minimum output of both “DC 9.0V-1.67A or DC z5.0V-2.0A” and at least QC 2.0.
- The product’s signal could possibly interfere with your TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). If you notice that your TPMS light turns on, please try using your mount in different locations to avoid the signals from interfering with each other.
- California Proposition 65 this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
CAUTION: OLD ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES MUST NOT BE DISPOSED OF TOGETHER WITH THE RESIDUAL WASTE, BUT HAVE TO BE DISPOSED OF SEPARATELY.
If you love your iOttie product, let us know by leaving a review online, or connect with us on our social platforms.
FAQS About iOttie Auto Sense Qi Wireless Car Charger
How does the wireless iOttie charger operate?
Your device will start charging as soon as you place it on the charging surface.
What country makes iOttie?
Will a magnetic plate work with wireless charging?
Magnets can interfere with wireless charging and make it challenging to combine the two.
Is there a battery inside a wireless charger?
There are some wireless chargers with built-in batteries.
Is using metal on a wireless charger safe?
The metal plate will prevent wireless charging from working.
What does each color on a wireless charger represent?
Red LED: If the sensor is not on the charger or the sensor is fully charged, the charger is not in use. A blue LED means that the sensor is charging. Green LED: The sensor has finished charging.
What does the charging light’s blinking indicate?
Either the battery is broken or the connection to it is improper.
What about wireless charging in cars?
Wireless charging is incredibly inefficient and produces a lot of waste heat.
How do wireless chargers get their power?
Work wireless chargers in automobiles?
Smartphones, wearables, and other Qi-compatible devices may all be wirelessly charged in cars thanks to an incorporated component known as in-car wireless charging.
For more manuals by iOttie, Visit Manualsdock