iOttie Easy One Touch 5 Wireless Car Charger
iOttie is a well-known brand that specializes in producing high-quality car mounts and accessories for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. They are particularly known for their innovative and user-friendly designs that aim to make it easier for people to use their devices while driving.
iOttie’s product range includes various types of car mounts, such as dashboard mounts, windshield mounts, vent mounts, and CD slot mounts, among others. These mounts are designed to securely hold devices of different sizes and shapes, allowing users to have hands-free access to their devices while driving for navigation, music streaming, and more, without compromising safety.
For optimal mounting and charging, please follow the detailed instructions within this manual when using the Auto Sense Wireless Charging Mount. iOttie is not liable for possible damages due to product misuse.
- The mount should be aligned so that all 3 spacers contact the inner wall of the cup holder.
- Twist the dial to extend spacers so they securely contact the inner wall of the cup holder.
Mounting at a perpendicular angle to the mount works best with the proximity sensor. If mounting at an angle, the phone will need to be very close to the sensor for the arms to open.
- Smartphone cases
Reflective Smartphone cases work best. Dark-colored or textured cases do not reflect light well, making it difficult for the Proximity Sensor to detect the phone. If using a dark-colored or textured case, the phone will have to be very close to the mount for the arms to open automatically.
Before using the product, make sure your device is Qi Wireless compatible. Compatible devices include iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note9+, and Google Pixel 3.
- Qi Wireless Charging in Vehicle
Use the included iOttie Car Charger and Micro USB Cable. If you do use a third-party car charger, use a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or equivalent adapter to receive a wireless charge (with compatible devices).
At a Glance
- Plug the micro-USB cable into the USB port on the back of the Mounting Head.
- Insert a Car Charger into your vehicle’s power port.
- Twist Dial to ensure spacers are secure in the cup holder walls.
- The top half of the mount rotates 90 degrees for optimal viewing.
- The mount rotates 360 degrees for optimal viewing angles.
Adjusting the Mount
- Foot Knob
Out of the box, the foot knob is set to regular-sized phones. The foot will need to be adjusted for plus-sized phones or cases with thicker bottoms.
Move the knob down until laser etching is aligned appropriately as shown in the line drawing.
Using the Auto Sense Mechanism
Once it is unplugged or the car is turned off, the Auto Sense’s internal battery keeps a charge for up to one hour.
Mounting and Charging
- Side arms on the mount automatically open via a silent step motor for one second when the phone is detected in front of the Proximity Sensor on the mount.
- Once the phone is placed in the mount, the arms will automatically close after one second. Qi wireless charging will start immediately.
- Buttons under the light on both sides of the device can also open and close the arms. One or both buttons can be pressed.
The Auto Sense is powered via a micro-USB cable and coil cell battery. There is no on/off switch on the device. Once it is plugged in, the device will remain on unless the vehicle shuts off power when in parking mode.
Qi Alignment Guide
The Qi Receiver Coil is usually located in the center area of the phone. Check with your phone’s manufacturer for the Qi coil location. Below are some examples of commonly used phones.
- For larger/plus phones or larger cases, the knob on the mount will need to be adjusted as indicated by laser etching on the back for proper alignment with Qi coils.
- The Qi coil on the mount is located at the top, above the iOttie logo. Please follow the guide below to line up your phone with the device for optimal wireless charging.
Wireless Charger Specifications
Car Charger Specifications
FAQS About iOttie Easy One Touch 5 Wireless Car Charger
How does the wireless iOttie charger operate?
Your device will start charging as soon as you place it on the charging surface.
Why is my iOttie wireless charging vehicle mount’s red light flickering red?
The fact that it is not charging is indicated by a blinking red light, which is typically caused by the mount or smartphone overheating or the detection of a foreign object.
Does a wireless charger use batteries to operate?
The generated electric current is used to charge the battery.
Is there a battery inside a wireless charger?
There are certain wireless chargers with built-in batteries.
The battery charger is blinking; why?
The charger and battery have NO CONNECTION, and the device is in power-saving mode.
What does each color on a wireless charger represent?
Red LED: If the sensor is not on the charger or the sensor is fully charged, the charger is not in use. A blue LED means that the sensor is charging. Green LED: The sensor has finished charging.
What does the charging light’s blinking indicate?
Either the battery is broken or the connection to it is improper.
What about wireless charging in cars?
Wireless charging is incredibly inefficient and produces a lot of waste heat.
How do wireless chargers get their power?
Work wireless chargers in automobiles?
Smartphones, wearables, and other Qi-compatible devices may all be wirelessly charged in cars thanks to an incorporated component known as in-car wireless charging.
For more manuals by iOttie, Visit Manualsdock