Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
For more than a century, Hoover® has created effective, simple-to-use products that clean every inch of your house, including the air you breathe. Hoover® is a household name and one of the most dependable brands in America because of this. Nobody does it better than Hoover.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Fully assemble before operating.
- Operate the cleaner only at the voltage specified on a data plate on the lower handle of the cleaner.
- Do not leave the appliance when plugged in. Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning or servicing.
- Use indoors only.
- Do not immerse. Use only on carpet moistened by the cleaning process.
- Use only HOOVER® cleaning products intended for use with this machine. (See the “Cleaning Products” section of this manual.)
- Do not allow it to be used as a toy. Not intended for use by children aged 12 and under. Close supervision is necessary when used near children. To avoid injury or damage, keep children away from the product, and do not allow children to place fingers or other objects into any openings.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only the manufacturer’s recommended attachments and products.
- Do not use a damaged cord or plug. If the appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, take it to a service center prior to continuing use.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use the cord as a handle, close a door on the cord, or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not place the product on the cord. Do not run the appliance over the cord. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plugs or appliances with wet hands.
- Do not put any objects into openings. Do not use any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. To avoid personal injury or damage, and to prevent the cleaner from falling, always place the cleaner at bottom of the stairs or on the floor.
- Do not place cleaner on stairs or furniture, as it may result in injury or damage.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible materials, such as gasoline, or fine wood sandings, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Connect to a properly grounded outlet only. See Grounding Instructions.
- Unplug before connecting SpinScrub® Hand Tool.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
- • Do not use without Tanks or Filters in place.
- Do not clean over-floor electrical outlets.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm. WH H HL.
CAUTION – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF DAMAGE:
- Avoid picking up hard, sharp objects with this product, as they may cause damage.
- Store appropriately indoors in a dry place. Do not expose the machine to freezing temperatures.
- Do not use sharp objects to clean out the hose as they can cause damage.
- To assist in reducing drying time, be certain the area is well-ventilated when using detergents and other cleaners with this machine.
- To help prevent matting and re-soiling, avoid contact with carpets until they are dry. Keep children and pets away from carpets until they are completely dry.
- Do not store the extractor with a solution in tanks.
- With brushes on, do not allow cleaners to sit in one location for an extended period of time, as damage to the floor can result.
- Do not use this extractor and accessories on hard floors. Using this machine on hard floors without proper attachment may scratch or damage your floor.
- Water will drip from the brushes and underside of the product after use and may puddle. To avoid damage to wood and laminate flooring and to avoid potential slip hazards, after use (a) do not leave the product on wood and laminate surfaces and remove it to a hard surface and (b) place the unit on absorbent material (such as a towel) to soak up drips.
This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor (C) and grounding plug (A). The plug must be inserted into an appropriate outlet (B) that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in the risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance – if it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
This appliance is for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit and has a grounding plug that looks like the plug (A) illustrated in Fig. 1. A temporary adapter (D) may be used to connect this plug to a 2-pole receptacle (E) if a properly grounded outlet is not available (Fig. 2).
*Available on select models only. Accessories not included with your model may be purchased separately by visiting hoover.com.
- Carpet Washer
- Water/Solution Tank
- Upper Handle
- Handle Screws
- SpinScrub® Brush Assembly (Pre-assembled in unit)
- SpinScrub® Hand Tool*
- Mesh Tool Storage Bag* Tools Included in Mesh Bag
- Accessory Hose
- Stair Tool*
- Upholstery Tool
- Crevice Tool*
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
- Position the upper handle and slide it down into the carpet washer base (Fig. 2)
- Insert both screws and tighten them with a screwdriver (Fig. 3).
PLACE SOLUTION/ WATER TANK
- Position the bottom of the tank onto the Carpet Washer (Fig. 4).
- Push the tank handle while supporting the back of the cleaner with another hand until Solution Tank clicks into place (Fig. 5).
- Check to make sure the tank is securely latched.
- Place tools and hose into the Mesh Tool Storage bag provided.
- Mesh Tool Storage Bag should not be hung on the Carpet Washer while the Carpet Washer is in use.
- Mesh Tool Storage Bag can be conveniently stored either on the back of the unit or hung elsewhere by the provided hook (Fig. 6).
- Wrap the cord around cord hooks for convenient storage. Attach the plug end to the cord.
Before you begin cleaning
- Vacuum thoroughly – For carpet, use a HOOVER® vacuum cleaner with an agitator for best results. Vacuum upholstery with a vacuum cleaner with cleaning tool attachments. Use a crevice tool to reach into tufts and folds. Do not use the carpet cleaner as a dry vacuum cleaner.
- For upholstery, check the cleaning code – Use your HOOVER® carpet washer only if the upholstery fabric is marked with a “W” (for “wet” clean) or “S/W” (for “solvent/dry” or “wet” clean). Do not clean fabric marked “S” (“solvent/dry” clean only). If your upholstery does not have a code, seek professional assistance.
- Test for colorfastness – Wet a white absorbent cloth with the solution. In a small, hidden area, gently rub the surface with the dampened cloth. Wait ten minutes and check for color removal or bleed with a white paper towel or cloth. If the surface has more than one color, check all colors.
- When cleaning the entire floor, move furniture out of the area to be cleaned (may not be necessary if only high-traffic areas are to be cleaned). For furniture too heavy to move, place aluminum foil or wax paper under the legs. This will prevent wood finishes from the staining carpet. Pin up furniture skirts and draperies.
- Pretreat spots and heavy traffic areas with an appropriate Hoover Cleaning Solutions, see “Cleaning Solutions” section. Follow the directions on the bottle. *Available at additional cost if not included with your model.
- To prevent staining, use plastic or aluminum foil to protect wood or metal surfaces from possible water spray.
- To avoid wetting and possible damage to wood floors underneath area rugs/carpet, either move area rugs/ carpet to a non-wood hard floor surface or place waterproof material (e.g. plastic) underneath them before cleaning.
Read the “Before You Begin Cleaning” instructions.
- Fill out the Clean Water Tank according to the instructions (Pg. 8).
- Fill the solution tank with Hoover® solution according to instructions (Pg. 8).
- Dry hands and plug the cord into a properly grounded outlet.
CAUTION Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
NOTE: To avoid walking on damp carpet, start at the end of the room farthest from the door or path to the sink where tanks will be emptied and filled.
- Step on the handle release pedal and lower the handle to the operating position.
- Set Wash/Rinse Selector to Wash Turn the cleaner ON.
- Squeeze the trigger to apply the cleaning solution and slowly push the cleaner forward (equals one wet stroke).
- Continue to squeeze the trigger and slowly pull cleaner back toward you (second wet stroke).
- Release the trigger and slowly push the cleaner forward over the area just sprayed with solution (dry stroke). Then slowly pull the cleaner back toward you without squeezing the trigger (dry stroke). Continue using dry strokes until little water is visible passing through the Dirty Water Tank lid (Pass over the same area a minimum of 4 times = 2 while squeezing the trigger and 2 without).
NOTE: For best results, use straight, parallel strokes. Overlap strokes by 1 inch to help prevent streaking.
- Keep the nozzle flat on the floor for both forward and reverse strokes. For best cleaning results and to aid in faster drying of the carpet, end with more dry strokes. (Continue using dry strokes until little water is visible passing through the Dirty Water Tank lid.) Empty Dirty Water Tank when the motor sound becomes higher pitched and there is a loss in suction (see “Automatic shut-off”). When finished cleaning, follow the “After Cleaning” instructions on page 12.
- For best cleaning results, Hoover recommends rinsing the carpet with water only. This will remove the residual carpet cleaning solution from your carpets. To Rinse with water only, set Wash/Rinse Selector to rinse and repeat steps 7 and 8.
- For heavily soiled areas, repeat the cleaning process. Avoid saturating carpets.
NOTE: It is best to alternate wet and dry strokes as described above.
To avoid saturating the carpet, do not use more than 4 wet strokes over one area. Always end with dry strokes.
FAQs Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
Q: What is the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe?
A: The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe is a carpet cleaner that is designed to deep clean carpets and remove embedded dirt and stains.
Q: How does the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe work?
A: The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe uses a combination of water, cleaning solution, and rotating brushes to scrub the carpet fibers and remove dirt and stains. The dirty water is then extracted into a separate tank for easy disposal.
Q: What type of cleaning solution should I use with the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe?
A: Hoover recommends using their specially formulated cleaning solution, but you can also use other carpet cleaning solutions that are safe for use with a carpet cleaner.
Q: How often should I clean my carpets with the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe?
A: It depends on how frequently your carpets get dirty, but Hoover recommends cleaning high-traffic areas every 6 to 12 months and other areas every 12 to 18 months.
Q: Is the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe easy to use?
A: Yes, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe is designed to be user-friendly with intuitive controls and easy-to-follow instructions.
Q: Does the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe come with any attachments?
A: Yes, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe comes with a SpinScrub hand tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery, and other hard-to-reach areas.
Q: Is the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe effective at removing pet stains?
A: Yes, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe is designed to effectively remove pet stains and odors from carpets.
Q: How do I maintain my Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe?
A: To maintain your Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe, you should empty and rinse the dirty water tank after each use, clean the brushes and nozzle regularly, and replace the filter periodically.
For more Manuals by Hoover, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Hoover-Power-Scrub-Deluxe.pdf” download=”all”]