Fujifilm Fujinon XF2X TC WR Teleconverter
Fujifilm, also known as Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in imaging and photographic products, as well as various other technologies and services. Fujifilm has a long and storied history dating back to its founding in 1934 as Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. The company’s headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan.
Here are some key aspects and areas of focus for Fujifilm:
- Photography and Imaging: Fujifilm is renowned for its photographic film and cameras, including popular brands like Fujifilm Instax instant cameras and the Fujifilm X-series mirrorless digital cameras. They produce a wide range of photographic products, including film, digital cameras, lenses, and accessories.
- Medical Imaging: Fujifilm has a significant presence in the healthcare industry, providing medical imaging equipment and solutions, including digital X-ray systems, medical printers, endoscopy systems, and more. Their healthcare division plays a crucial role in diagnostic imaging and medical informatics.
- Graphic Arts: Fujifilm is a major player in the graphic arts and printing industry, offering a range of solutions for commercial printing, packaging, and label printing. This includes digital printing equipment, inkjet technologies, and workflow software.
- Document Solutions: Fujifilm provides document solutions, including photocopiers, multifunction devices, and document management software, aimed at improving office productivity and efficiency.
- Materials and Chemicals: The company produces a variety of high-performance materials and chemicals used in industries such as semiconductors, display panels, and flat-panel displays.
- Digital Cameras and Lenses: Fujifilm’s X-series of mirrorless cameras and Fujinon lenses have gained popularity among both amateur and professional photographers for their image quality and innovative features.
- Instant Photography: Fujifilm’s Instax series of instant cameras and film have revived interest in instant photography and are popular among young users for their retro appeal.
- Photographic Film: While digital photography has largely replaced film in many areas, Fujifilm still produces a range of film products for photographers who prefer analog photography.
- Research and Development: Fujifilm invests heavily in research and development, which has led to innovations in various fields, from photography to healthcare and materials science.
Fujifilm has adapted to the changing technological landscape by diversifying its business interests beyond traditional photography. The company’s commitment to research and innovation has allowed it to remain relevant in the digital age while maintaining a strong presence in photography and imaging.
This teleconverter increases the focal length of a lens by 2x.
Never touch the protruding portion, because the shape is very precise.
- The lens mount includes a rubber ring to ensure that the lens remains dust- and splash-proof. The ring can be replaced for a fee at any FUJIFILM service center.
- Using the teleconverter with a macro extension tube may cause a malfunction.
- While every care has been taken to ensure that this product is safe, read the instructions provided below to ensure that you use the product correctly.
- After reading these instructions, be sure to keep them handy for future reference.
The icons shown below are used in this document to indicate the severity of the injury or damage that can result if the information indicated by the icon is ignored and the product is used incorrectly as a result.
- This icon indicates that death or serious injury can result if the information is ignored.
- This icon indicates that personal injury or material damage can result if the information is ignored.
The icons shown below are used to indicate the nature of the instructions which are to be observed.
- Triangular icons tell you that this information requires attention (“Important”).
- Circular icons with a diagonal bar tell you that the action indicated is prohibited (“Prohibited*”).
- Filled circles with an exclamation mark indicate an action that must be performed (*Required”).
- Do not immerse in or expose to water. Failure to observe this precaution I sauce in the bathroom can cause a fire or electric shock.
- Do not disassemble (do not open the case). Failure to observe this precaution can cause fire, electric disassemble shock, or injury due to product malfunction
- Do not immerse in or expose to water, Failure to observe this precaution can cause a fire or electric shock.
- Should the case break open as the result of a fall or other accident, do not touch the exposed parts. Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock or injury from touching the damaged parts. Do not touch Remove the camera battery parts mediately, taking care to avoid jury or electric shock, and take the product to the point of purchase for consultation.
- Do not place on unstable surfaces. The product may fall, causing injury.
- Do not use or store in locations that are exposed to oil fumes, steam, high humidity, or dust, Failure to observe this precaution can cause fire or electric shock.
- Do not leave in direct sunlight or locations subject to very high temperatures, such as in a closed vehicle on a sunny day. Failure to observe this precaution can cause a fire.
- Keep out of the reach of small children. This product could cause injury in the hands of a child.
- When the product is not in use, replace the lens caps and store them out of direct sunlight. Sunlight focused by the lens can cause fire or burns.
- Do not handle it with wet hands. Failure to observe this precaution can cause electric shock.
- Cease use if the lens is damaged. Broken edges could cause injury.
- Do not carry the camera or lens while they are attached to a tripod. The product can fall or strike other objects, causing injury.
- Keep the sun out of the frame when shooting backlit subjects. Sunlight focused on the camera when the sun is in or close to the frame can cause fire or burns.
Preparing the Teleconverter for Use
To fully utilize the capabilities of the teleconverter, upgrade both the camera and lens firmware to versions that support the teleconverter. When upgrading them, upgrade the firmware of the camera first. Instructions on viewing the camera firmware version and updating camera firmware are available from the following website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/ software/fw_table.html If you do not have access to a computer, support is available from the local distributor listed in the “FUJIFILM Worldwide Network” material provided with your camera
This teleconverter can only be attached to particular lenses. For the latest information, check the following website: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/ fujinon_ lens xf2x tc wr/
- Do not attach to incompatible lenses. Doing so may damage the lens or camera, or degrade the performance.
About Lens Brightness
- The f-number increases by two stops (image darkens).
- A discrepancy occurs between the f-number on the aperture ring of the lens and the actual f-number, but the correct f-number is displayed on the camera.
- Turn off the camera.
- Align the mounting index on the teleconverter with the one on the lens and rotate the teleconverter in the direction of the arrow until it clicks to attach it to the lens. (Fig.A)
- Align the mounting index on the teleconverter with the one on the camera and rotate the lens and teleconverter in the direction of the arrow until they click to attach them to the camera. (Fig.B)
- Be careful not to press the lens removal lever on the teleconverter.
- Turn off the camera.
- While holding down the lens attachment/removal button on the camera, rotate the teleconverter and lens in the direction of the arrow to remove them. (Fig.C)
- While holding down the lens removal lever on the teleconverter, rotate the lens in the direction of the arrow to remove it. (Fig.D)
- When using a lens hood, do not pick up or hold the camera using only the hood.
- Keep the lens signal contacts clean.
- Use a blower to remove dust and lint from the glass surfaces of the lens or filter. To remove smudges and fingerprints, apply a small amount of lens cleaner to a soft, clean cotton cloth or lens-cleaning tissue and clean from the center outwards using a circular motion, taking care not to leave smears or touch the glass with your fingers.
- Never use organic solvents such as paint thinner or benzene to clean the lens.
- Attach the front and rear caps when the lens is not in use.
- Store the lens and filter in cool, dry locations to prevent mold and rust. Do not store in direct sunlight or with naphtha or camphor moth balls.
- Keep the lens dry. Rusting can cause irreparable damage. Wipe off rain and water droplets.
- Leaving the lens in extremely hot locations could cause damage or warping.
XF2X TC WR
- Lens construction elements in 5 groups
- External dimensions: 58.0 mm (2.2 in.) × 30.2 mm (1.1 in.) (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 170 g (5.9 oz.) (excluding caps)
- Supplied accessories: Front lens cap, Rear lens cap, Lens pouch
For Customers in the U.S.A.
Tested To Comply With FCC Standards FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE
FCC Statement: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, under Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be termined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Notes on the Grant: To comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, this product must be used with a Fuiifilm-specified ferrite-core A/ cable, USB cable, and DC supply cord.
For Customers in Canada
CAN ICES-3 (BINMB-3(B)
CAUTION: This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES_003
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water (excluding waterproof products).
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as a power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Disposal of Electrical and Electronic Equipment in Private Households
In the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: This symbol on the product, in the manual and the warranty, and/or on its packaging dictates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it should be taken to an applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of the product. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product.
- In Countries Outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: If you wish to discard this product, including the batteries or accumulators, please contact your local authorities and ask for the correct way of disposal.
FAQS About Fujifilm Fujinon XF2X TC WR Teleconverter
Is the Fujinon teleconverter xf2x lens weatherproof?
runs at -10°C and is resistant to dust and the elements.
What is a teleconverter’s biggest drawback?
lens speed loss
Does the minimum focus distance change when using a teleconverter?
The teleconverter has no effect on the lens’s minimum focusing distance.
What is a teleconverter used for?
Permit them to go beyond the safe range of the camera while on safari or in an unfamiliar place.
Teleconverter: Does it influence quality?
When utilizing one, it has a negative impact on the visual quality.
How does the focal length change with a teleconverter?
Actually, there is no change to the focal length.
How far can the attention be focused?
From a distance of 0.7 m and beyond, focus is acceptable.
What is a lens’ maximum focusing distance?
Most lenses can focus at infinity (have an infinite maximum focus distance).
How can I pick the right teleconverter?
All you have to do is locate one that works with your camera and lens.
Do teleconverters affect the quality of the image?
Teleconverters, however, can potentially reduce the quality of your images.
For more manuals by Fujifilm, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Fujifilm-Fujinon-XF2X-TC-WR-Teleconverter-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]