Fujifilm Fujinon XF150-600mmF Lens
Fujifilm, also known as Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in imaging and photographic products, as well as various other technologies and services. Fujifilm has a long and storied history dating back to its founding in 1934 as Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. The company’s headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan.
Here are some key aspects and areas of focus for Fujifilm:
- Photography and Imaging: Fujifilm is renowned for its photographic film and cameras, including popular brands like Fujifilm Instax instant cameras and the Fujifilm X-series mirrorless digital cameras. They produce a wide range of photographic products, including film, digital cameras, lenses, and accessories.
- Medical Imaging: Fujifilm has a significant presence in the healthcare industry, providing medical imaging equipment and solutions, including digital X-ray systems, medical printers, endoscopy systems, and more. Their healthcare division plays a crucial role in diagnostic imaging and medical informatics.
- Graphic Arts: Fujifilm is a major player in the graphic arts and printing industry, offering a range of solutions for commercial printing, packaging, and label printing. This includes digital printing equipment, inkjet technologies, and workflow software.
- Document Solutions: Fujifilm provides document solutions, including photocopiers, multifunction devices, and document management software, aimed at improving office productivity and efficiency.
- Materials and Chemicals: The company produces a variety of high-performance materials and chemicals used in industries such as semiconductors, display panels, and flat-panel displays.
- Digital Cameras and Lenses: Fujifilm’s X-series of mirrorless cameras and Fujinon lenses have gained popularity among both amateur and professional photographers for their image quality and innovative features.
- Instant Photography: Fujifilm’s Instax series of instant cameras and film have revived interest in instant photography and are popular among young users for their retro appeal.
- Photographic Film: While digital photography has largely replaced film in many areas, Fujifilm still produces a range of film products for photographers who prefer analog photography.
- Research and Development: Fujifilm invests heavily in research and development, which has led to innovations in various fields, from photography to healthcare and materials science.
Fujifilm has adapted to the changing technological landscape by diversifying its business interests beyond traditional photography. The company’s commitment to research and innovation has allowed it to remain relevant in the digital age while maintaining a strong presence in photography and imaging.
For Your Safety
Be sure to read these notes before use
Safety Notes Thank you for your purchase of this product. For repair, inspection, and internal testing, contact your FUJIFILM dealer.
- Make sure that you use the lens correctly. Read these safety notes and the camera Owner’s Manual carefully before use.
- After reading these safety notes, store them in a safe place.
About the Icons
The icons shown below are used in this document to indicate the severity of the injury or damage that can result if the information indicated by the icon is ignored and the product is used incorrectly as a result.
- Do not immerse in or expose to water. Failure to observe this precaution I sauce in the bathroom can cause a fire or electric shock.
- Do not disassemble (do not open the case). Failure to observe this precaution can cause fire, electric disassemble shock, or injury due to product malfunction
- Should the case break open as the result of a fall or other accident, do not touch the exposed parts. Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock or injury from touching the damaged parts. Do not touch Remove the camera battery parts mediately, taking care to avoid jury or electric shock, and take the product to the point of purchase for consultation.
- Keep out of the reach of small children. This product could cause injury in the hands of a child
- Do not handle it with wet hands. Failure to observe this precaution can cause electric shock.
- Keep the sun out of the frame when shooting backlit subjects. Sunlight focused on the camera when the sun is in or close to the frame can cause fire or burns.
- When the product is not in use, replace the lens caps and store them out of direct sunlight. Sunlight focused by the lens can cause fire or burns.
- Do not carry the camera or lens while they are attached to a tripod. The product can fall or strike other ob. jects, causing injury.
For Customers in the U.S.A.
Tested To Comply With FCC Standards FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE
FCC Statement: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, under Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be termined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Notes on the Grant: To comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, this product must be used with a Fuiifilm-specified ferrite-core A/ cable, USB cable, and DC supply cord.
For Customers in Canada
CAN ICES-3 (BINMB-3(B)
CAUTION: This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES_003
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water (excluding waterproof products).
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as a power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Disposal of Electrical and Electronic Equipment in Private Households
In the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: This symbol on the product, in the manual and the warranty, and/or on its packaging dictates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it should be taken to an applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of the product. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product.
- In Countries Outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: If you wish to discard this product, including the batteries or accumulators, please contact your local authorities and ask for the correct way of disposal.
Before Using This Product
The lens may not perform as expected and some features may not be available with outdated lens or camera firmware. Be sure to update the lens and camera firmware to the latest versions. Instructions on viewing firmware version information and updating firmware are available from the following website:
If you do not have access to a computer, support is available from the local distributor listed in the “FUJIFILM Worldwide Network” material provided with your camera.
- When using a lens hood, do not pick up or hold the camera using only the hood.
- Keep the lens signal contacts clean.
- Use a blower to remove dust and lint from the glass surfaces of the lens or filter. To remove smudges and fingerprints, apply a small amount of lens cleaner to a soft, clean cotton cloth or lens-cleaning tissue and clean from the center outwards using a circular motion, taking care not to leave smears or touch the glass with your fingers.
- Never use organic solvents such as paint thinner or benzene to clean the lens.
- Attach the front and rear caps when the lens is not in use.
- Store the lens and filter in cool, dry locations to prevent mold and rust. Do not store in direct sunlight or with naphtha or camphor moth balls.
- Keep the lens dry. Rusting can cause irreparable damage. Wipe off rain and water droplets.
- Leaving the lens in extremely hot locations could cause damage or warping.
- Note that depending on the positions of the camera and tripod, the hand holding the camera grip may contact the tripod or tripod collar foot when the camera is rotated.
Parts of the Lens
XF150-600mmFS.6-8 R LM OIS WR
- Lens hood
- Mounting marks
- Hood latch release
- Focus control button (×4)
- Focus ring
- Zoom ring
- Aperture ring
- Strap eyelet
- Tripod collar ring-locking knob
- Mounting marks (focal length)
- Focus preset button
- Focus selector
- Aperture mode switch
- Focus range selector
- Lens signal contacts
- Filter access port
- Tripod collar-locking knob
- Tripod collar foot
- Tripod collar release lever
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
The lens mount includes a rubber ring to ensure that the lens remains dust- and splash-proof. The ring can be replaced for a fee at any Fujifilm service center.
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Shoulder strap
- Lens hood
- Lens pouch
- Tripod collar foot
Attaching the Lens
See the camera manual for information on attaching and removing lenses.
Note This product is for use exclusively with the FUJIFILM X mount. It is not compatible with the G mount or with X-mount film cameras.
Removing the Caps
Remove the caps as shown.
Attaching the Shoulder Strap
Attach the strap to the two strap eyelets as shown.
- To avoid dropping the lens, be sure the strap is correctly secured.
- Use the lens strap, not the camera strap, when carrying the camera with the lens attached.
Attaching the Hood
When attached, lens hoods reduce glare and protect the front lens element.
Removing the Hood
To remove the hood, press and hold the hood latch release while rotating the hood counterclockwise.
The Polarizing Filter
To access the polarizing filter, open the filter access port cover.
The filter can be rotated by inserting a finger through the access port.
Warning Note that the port cover could move and catch your finger.
Attaching the Tripod Collar Foot
Slide the lens tripod collar ring fully into the tripod collar foot (1). Tighten the tri- pod collar-locking knob (2) to fasten it in place.
The foot cannot be securely fastened if orientated incor- rectly. Orient the foot as shown in the illustration.
The Aperture Ring
Rotate the lens aperture ring to choose the aperture (f-number).
- A (E): Set the aperture to the value chosen automatically by the camera.
- Other values (€ • ): Set the aperture to the selected- ed value.
Removing the Tripod Collar Foot
Loosen the tripod collar-locking knob (1) and keep the tripod collar release lever pressed (2) while sliding the tripod collar foot from the lens (3).
The Tripod Collar
To rotate the camera to take pictures in a “tall” (portrait) or “wide” (landscape) orientation, loosen the tripod collar ring-locking knob.
Tighten the tripod collar ring-locking knob to prevent the camera from rotating unexpectedly
The Focus Range Selector
Choose the focus range for FULLes 5m-oo autofocus.
- FULL: Focus on subjects at any distance.
- 5m-∞: Focus on subiects at distances of 5 m or more. Focus is faster than when FULL is selected.
Rotate the zoom ring left to zoom out, reducing magnification and increasing the area visible in the frame. Rotate the ring right to zoom in, increasing magnification so that the subject occupies more of the frame.
Using the zoom ring while the lens is wet makes it easier for water to find its way inside the lens. Wipe any water from the lens before using the zoom ring.
For auto aperture control, slide the aperture mode switch to A.
To adjust the aperture manually, slide the switch to 4 and rotate the aperture ring. Rotate the ring left for wider apertures (lower f-numbers), and right for smaller apertures (higher f-numbers).
The Focus Control Buttons, Focus Selector, and Focus Preset Button
AF-LOCK (Focus Lock)
- Slide the focus selector (b) to AF-L.
- Press any of the focus control buttons (a) to lock focus at the current position.
Note Focus can also be locked using camera controls.
- Slide the focus selector (b) to AF.
- The focus control buttons (a) will now perform the same function as the camera AF-ON button.
PRESET (Focus Preset)
- Creating a Focus Preset To save the current focus position in the lens as a focus preset, press the focus preset button (c).
Note: The focus distance can be saved with the focus selector (b) in any position.
- Recalling the Focus Preset
- Slide the focus selector (b) to PRESET.
- Press any focus control button (a) to restore the preset focus position.
Improvements may result in unannounced changes to specifications and appearance.
Owing to how this lens is constructed, the “Distance indicator” displayed by the camera may in some cases differ from the actual focus distance. Use the “Distance indicator” as a guide only.
- Turn the camera off before removing the lens. Turning the camera off locks the internal parts of the lens.
- Lens performance and supported features vary with the camera used. Compatibility data for this lens are available from: https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/compatibility/lenses/
FAQS About Fujifilm Fujinon XF150-600mmF Lens
What is the purpose of a 150-600mm lens?
sports, nature, and bird photography
Can a 150-600mm lens see very far?
It has infinite vision.
What is the weight of a Fujifilm 150-600mm lens?
How is a 150–600mm lens carried?
A DIY strap that is long enough to go over your head and the opposite shoulder will work for a lens like the 150-600.
Can any lens be used with a Fujifilm camera?
Any lens with an adapter can be used by Fuji with an adapter.
For Fuji, what does XF stand?
For the APS-C mirrorless cameras in the Fujifilm X-series, XF – Fujinon lenses are created.
What is the 150-600mm focal distance?
Does picture stabilization exist in Fuji lenses?
OIS technology from Fujifilm is present in a few XF, XC, and GF lenses.
What is the longest focal length?
All normal lenses have a maximum range of infinity.
How far can the attention be focused?
From a distance of 0.7 m and beyond, focus is acceptable.
What can you use a 150-600mm lens for?
Excellent telephoto lenses for photographers that require a big zoom.
For more manuals by Fujifilm, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Fujifilm-Fujinon-XF150-600mmF-Lens-Owner-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]