Fujifilm Fujinon XF 70-300mm OIS WR Lens
Fujifilm, also known as Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in imaging and photographic products, as well as various other technologies and services. Fujifilm has a long and storied history dating back to its founding in 1934 as Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. The company’s headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan.
Here are some key aspects and areas of focus for Fujifilm:
- Photography and Imaging: Fujifilm is renowned for its photographic film and cameras, including popular brands like Fujifilm Instax instant cameras and the Fujifilm X-series mirrorless digital cameras. They produce a wide range of photographic products, including film, digital cameras, lenses, and accessories.
- Medical Imaging: Fujifilm has a significant presence in the healthcare industry, providing medical imaging equipment and solutions, including digital X-ray systems, medical printers, endoscopy systems, and more. Their healthcare division plays a crucial role in diagnostic imaging and medical informatics.
- Graphic Arts: Fujifilm is a major player in the graphic arts and printing industry, offering a range of solutions for commercial printing, packaging, and label printing. This includes digital printing equipment, inkjet technologies, and workflow software.
- Document Solutions: Fujifilm provides document solutions, including photocopiers, multifunction devices, and document management software, aimed at improving office productivity and efficiency.
- Materials and Chemicals: The company produces a variety of high-performance materials and chemicals used in industries such as semiconductors, display panels, and flat-panel displays.
- Digital Cameras and Lenses: Fujifilm’s X-series of mirrorless cameras and Fujinon lenses have gained popularity among both amateur and professional photographers for their image quality and innovative features.
- Instant Photography: Fujifilm’s Instax series of instant cameras and film have revived interest in instant photography and are popular among young users for their retro appeal.
- Photographic Film: While digital photography has largely replaced film in many areas, Fujifilm still produces a range of film products for photographers who prefer analog photography.
- Research and Development: Fujifilm invests heavily in research and development, which has led to innovations in various fields, from photography to healthcare and materials science.
Fujifilm has adapted to the changing technological landscape by diversifying its business interests beyond traditional photography. The company’s commitment to research and innovation has allowed it to remain relevant in the digital age while maintaining a strong presence in photography and imaging.
For Your Safety
Be sure to read these notes before use
Thank you for your purchase of this product. For repair, inspection, and internal testing, contact your Fujifilm dealer.
- Make sure that you use the lens correctly. Read these safety notes and the camera Owner’s Manual carefully before use.
- After reading these safety notes, store them in a safe place.
About the Icons
The icons shown below are used in this document to indicate the severity of the injury or damage that can result if the information indicated by the icon is ignored and the product is used incorrectly as a result.
This icon indicates that NING death or serious injury can result if the information is ignored.
This icon indicates that CAUTION personal injury or material damage can result if the information is ignored.
The icons shown below are used to indicate the nature of the instructions which are to be observed.
- Triangular icons tell you that this information requires attention (*Im- important”).
- Circular icons with a diagonal bar tell you that the action indicated is prohibited (“Prohibited”).
- Filled circles with an exclamation mark indicate an action that must be performed (“Required”).
Should the case break open as the result of a fall or other accident, do not touch the exposed parts.
Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock or injury from touching the damaged parts Remove the camera batter) immediately, taking care to avoid injury or electric shock, and taking the product to the point of purchase for consultation.
Do not place on unstable surfaces. The product may fall, causing injury.
Do not view the sun through the lens or camera viewfinders. Failure to observe this precaution can cause permanent visual impairment.
Do not use or store in locations that are exposed to steam, or smoke or are very humid or extremely dusty.
Failure to observe this precaution can cause fire or electric shock.
Do not leave in direct sunlight or locations subject to very high temperatures, such as in a closed vehicle on a sunny day. Failure to observe this precaution can cause a fire.
For Customers in the U.S.A.
Tested To Comply With FCC Standards FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the follow- ing two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, under Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be termined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Notes on the Grant: To comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, this product must be used with a Fujifilm-specified ferrite-core A/ cable, USB cable, and DC supply cord.
For Customers in Canada
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
CAUTION: This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read these instructions
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water (excluding waterproof products).
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer. • Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as a power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Disposal of Electrical and Electronic Equipment in Private Households
In the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: This symbol on the product, in the manual and the warranty, and/or on its packaging dictates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it should be taken to an applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of the product. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product.
In Countries Outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: If you wish to discard this product, including the batteries or accumulators, please contact your local authorities and ask for the correct way of disposal.
Before Using This Product
The lens may not perform as expected and some features may not be available with outdated lens or camera firmware. Be sure to update the lens and camera firmware to the latest versions. Instructions on viewing firmware version information and updating firmware are available from the following
If you do not have access to a computer, support is available from the local distributor listed in the “FUJIFILM Worldwide Network” material provided with your camera.
- When using a lens hood, do not pick up or hold the camera using only the hood.
- Keep the lens signal contacts clean.
- Use a blower to remove dust and lint from the glass surfaces of the lens or filter. To remove smudges and fingerprints, apply a small amount of lens cleaner to a soft, clean cotton cloth or lens-cleaning tissue and clean from the center outwards using a circular motion, taking care not to leave smears or touch the glass with your fingers.
- Never use organic solvents such as paint thinner or benzene to clean the lens
- Attach the front and rear caps when the lens is not in use.
- Store the lens and filter in cool, dry locations to prevent mold and rust. Do not store in direct sunlight or with naphtha or camphor moth balls.
- Keep the lens dry. Rusting can cause irreparable damage. Wipe off rain and water droplets.
- Leaving the lens in extremely hot locations could cause damage or warping.
Parts of the Lens
XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
- Lens hood
- Mounting marks
- Focus ring
- Zoom ring
- Aperture ring
- Mounting marks (focal length)
- Lens signal contacts
- Focus range selector
- Aperture mode switch
- Zoom lock switch
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
The lens mount includes a rubber ring to ensure that the lens remains dust- and splash-proof. The ring can be replaced for a fee at any Fujifilm service center.
Attaching the Lens
See the camera manual for information on attaching and removing lenses.
This product is for use exclusively with the FUJIFILM X mount. It is not compatible with the G mount or with X-mount film cameras.
Removing the Caps
Remove the caps as shown.
Attaching the Hood
When attached, lens hoods reduce glare and protect the front lens element.
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Lens hood
- Lens wrapping cloth
Rotate the zoom ring left to zoom out, during magnification and increase the area visible in the frame. Rotate the ring right to zoom in, increasing magnification so that the subject occupies more of the frame.
Locking the Zoom Ring
To lock the zoom ring, zoom out (1) and slide the zoom lock switch as shown (2). This prevents the lens extend- ing unexpectedly during transport and the like.
The Focus Range Selector
Choose the focus range foautoto focus. Choose FULL to focus on subjects at any distance, 5 m-∞ for faster focus when photographing subjects at distances of 5 m or more.
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
Optical image stabilization is available using the IS MODE option in the camera shooting menu.
- Because image stabilization is also effective in reducing blur caused by the motion of the mechanical shutter, we recommend that you enable optical image stabilization even when using a tripod.
For auto aperture control, slide the aperture mode switch to A.
To adjust the aperture manually, slide the switch to 4 and rotate the aperture ring. Rotate the ring left for wider apertures (lower f-numbers), and right for smaller apertures (higher f-numbers).
- Improvements may result in unannounced changes to specifications and appearance.
- Owing to how this lens is constructed, the “Distance indicator displayed by the camera may in some cases differ from the actual focus distance. Use the “Distance indicator” as a guide only.
- This lens uses linear motors to ensure fast and accurate autofocus while maintaining the highest image quality. When the camera is turned off, the lens is disconnected from the camera body or the playback feature is turned on, there may be an audible sound and slight physical vibration due to the linear motor’s magnets being disengaged. This is perfectly normal and will not negatively affect image quality or lens performance.
FAQS About Fujifilm Fujinon XF 70-300mm OIS WR Lens
What is the XF 70-300mm’s minimum focus distance?
The Fuji 70-300 is weather sealed, right?
The XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR is sturdy and weather-sealed, as one might anticipate.
The Fuji 70-300mm lens is how long?
What is the Fujifilm 70-300mm’s full-frame equivalent?
How far can the attention be focused?
All normal lenses can focus at a maximum distance of infinity.
How is the focusing distance minimum determined?
The distance from the front of the lens to the subject is frequently considered to be the closest focusing distance. But the measurement is actually made from the focal plane.
All Fuji lenses are weather-sealed, right?
Some Fuji cameras and lenses are not weather-resistant.
What benefit does the 70-300mm lens offer?
There are numerous applications for the focal length range of 70-300mm. This focal length range’s broad end in particular is great for portrait photography.
Why would someone use a 70-300mm lens?
For candid, travel, and sports photography, it’s the perfect lens.
A lens of what kind is a 70-300mm?
A telephoto zoom lens is the 70-300mm.
For more manuals by Fujifilm, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Fujifilm-Fujinon-XF-70-300mm-OIS-WR-Lens-Owner-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]