Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker
In 1916, Nathaniel B. Wales and Alfred Mellowes created the first self-contained refrigerator, which was produced by Frigidaire at the time under the name Guardian Refrigerator Company in Fort Wayne, Indiana. 1918 saw William C.
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using.
- Remove all packing material and carefully check your ice maker to ensure it is in good condition and that there is no damage to the ice maker or power cord and plug.
- Before using the ice maker for the first time, please wait 2 hours after positioning it, and keep the transparent lid open for at least 2 hours
- Pure water is not allowed to be used on this unit, spring water is recommended.
- Ensure the voltage is compliant with the voltage range stated on the rating label, and ensure the earthing of the socket is in good condition.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not upend this product or incline it over a 45℃ angle.
- To protect against risk of electric shock, do not pour water on cord, plug and ventilation, immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Unplug the appliance after using or before cleaning.
- Keep the appliance 15cm from other objects to ensure the good heat releasing.
- Component parts shall be replaced with like components and that servicing shall be done by factory authorized service personnel, to minimize the risk of possible ignition due to incorrect parts or improper service.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance close by flames, hot plates or stoves.
- Do not switch on the power button frequently (ensure 5min. interval at least) to avoid the damage of compressor.
- Metal sheet or other electric objects are not allowed to be inserted into the appliance to avoid fire and short circuit.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
- Please keep the instruction manual.
- Warning: Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type
- The refrigerant and insulation blowing gas is flammable, when disposing of the appliance, do so only at an authorized waste disposal center. Do not expose to flame.
- Caution: Flammable refrigerant used! When handing, moving and use of the ice maker, make sure to avoid either damaging the refrigerant tubing, or increasing the risk of a leak.
- The ice maker is to be installed in accordance with the Safety Standard for Refrigeration Systems, ASHRAE 15.
- The ice maker shall not be installed in corridors or hallways of public buildings.
- Model Number：EFIC229-VCM
- Daily Ice Output：15kg / 24 hours
- Ice Sizes：large ice and small ice
- Ice Storage Capacity：600g
- Water Reservoir Capacity(up)：2.5 L
- Water Reservoir Capacity(down)：1.0 L
- Unit Dimensions：357(W)X289(D)X352(H)mm
- Refrigerant: R600a(23g)
- N.W: 11.5kg
- Voltage: AC120V / 60 Hz Power Consumption: 150 W
KNOW YOUR ICE MAKER
- REAR COVER
- TOP COVER
- WATER DRAIN
- TRANSPARENT WATER BOX
- ICE BOARD
- ICE BASKET
- FLOATER SWITCH
- WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR
- POWER CORD
- TRANSPARENT WATER BOX COVER
- CONTROL PANEL
- SPEEDY & REGULAR ICE -MAKING
- EASY-USE CONTROL DESIGN. TWO SIZES OF ICE COULD BE OPTIONAL
- TRANSPARENT DIAMOND ICE
- SPEEDY(17MIN) AND REGULAR(21MIN) ICE-MAKING CAN MAKE 24 PIECES (A BLOCK OF ICE)
- TRANSPARENT WATER TANK AND THE ICE-MAKING PROCESS IS VISIBLE.
- UNDER THE CONDITION OF AMBIENT TEMPERATURE OF 25℃, THE TIME OF MAKING BIG ICE IS 21MIN,SMALL ICE IS 17MIN.
The machine should be upright to place on the horizontal plane. To ensure the machine ventilate normally, it is important to set 150mm room on top, sides and back. Do not place the machine next to the roast oven, radiate or other heat objects.
Control Panel Operation
- The indicator of ‘POWER’ will flash after plugged in, press ‘POWER’ and then the machine enters standby state accompanying indicator lighting. During operation, if user presses this button, the machine will return to standby state.
- (Pause & start )After choose the menu, press this key, and start to work.
- This button is for selecting the size of ice. When you select the desired size, corresponding indicator of Speedy or Regular will be on.
- When the machine is lack of water, the indicator of this button turns to red. User need to add enough water into the reservoir and press ‘POWER’ button to restart the machine.
- When the ice reaches to the max storage capacity, the indicator of this button will light on, and the machine will stop working. User needs to take out the ice, and then the machine will restart automatically.
USE YOUR ICE MAKE
Step 1. Open the cover, and add water to reservoir.
Note: There is a hole on the water box, which is the maximum water level, water adding do not exceed it. If the water exceed, it will drain out. Suggest the water add under the hole, then put the water box into proper position, and cover it.
Step 2. Connect the power, press the , and then the machine enters standby state.
Step 3. Select the desired ice size, the default size of machine is large one. Step 4. Press key to start wok.
Note: The water level should not higher than the water reservoir’s MAX
Step 4. Press key to start wok.
Note: The water level should not higher than the water reservoir’s MAX position. If water volume goes beyond the max, please pull out drain plug under the machine bottom to drain the spare water out, and then plug the drain plug back into the drain.
Note: Please select the small ice mode when ambient temperature is below 20°c. When the ambient temperature is higher than 25°C, large ice cube sizes are recommended.
Note: Please take out the ice if the basket is full.
Note: If the ice basket is stuck by the ice, you can take out the water box first, and take out the ice from the upside, and then you can pull out the ice basket.
Note: Before making ice, do put the ice basket in the ice maker.
Cleaning & Use Guidance
- Clean the inner liner, ice collecting tray, water box, ice shovel and evaporator frequently. When cleaning, unplug the unit and remove the ice cubes. Use a diluted solution of water and vinegar to clean the inside and the outside surface of the Ice maker. Do not spray Ice maker with chemicals or diluted agents such as acids, gasoline or oil. Rinse thoroughly before starting.
- Keep ventilation openings in the appliance enclosure, or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction. Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- To ensure the cleanness of ice, please change water for water reservoir at least once one day. If do not use for a long time, please drain the water out and clean it up.
- If the compressor takes a strike action for shortage water, fully water or interruption of power supply, it will delay for 3 minutes to start up after restarted.
- Always use fresh water before starting ice production either at initial installation or after a long shut-off period.
- In the status of standby, press and hold the keyfor 3 sec into cleaning after 5 minutes done.
- Disassembling the water hose to clean when it is dirty or the hole is blocking.
Please note, if a power failure occurs due to disconnection of the power cord, or the power button has been pushed off during an ice making cycle, small ice chips may formed and lodge in the automatic shovel causing it to jam. If this occurs, press and hold the key for 2 sec, When the ice fall, then restart the machine.
|PROBLEM||POSSIBLE CAUSE||SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS|
|The compressor works abnormally with a buzzing Noise||The voltage is lower than recommended||Stop the Ice maker and do not restart until the voltage is normal.|
|Indicator light of lack of water on||1.Water of Water box is not much enough 2.The ice in water box is full, but the floater switch is blocked|
3. The floater is not installed right
4. The floater switch is broken
|1. Add enough water to water box|
2.Take out the ice
3.Take down the E circle on floater switch, reinstall the floater
4.Change the floater switch
|Indicator lights on display are not on||Blown fuse/ No power||Replace fuse / Turn power on|
|The Ice made is too large and with pieces sticking together.||1. Water temperature is too low|
2. Ice of previous cycles left in the water tray
|1. Select small size|
2. Take out the ice under the standby state
|The program of making ice is correct, but no ice come out||1. No coolant in compressor|
2. Compressor is damaged.
3. Fan motor is
|Call the service center.|
|All indicators twinkle simultaneously||1. The ice is not access to ice board|
2. The movable detect device the ice board is damaged.
|Unplug the power and plug again to restart the machine.|
|The machine is on working but the water is warm||The electromagnetic valve is hitch||1.Change the electromagnetic valve|
|The ice is full to reach the ice board, but no full indicate||1. The movable detect device the ice board is damaged.|
2.The indicate light is damaged
|1. Change The movable detect device or display board.|
2. Call the service center.
If the power cord is damaged; it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard. Fill with potable water only. It is normal for the compressor and condenser surface to reach temperatures between 70°C and 90°C during operation and surrounding areas may be very hot. Due to fast freezing, ice cubes may appear “Cloudy”. This is air trapped in the water and will not affect the quality or taste of ice.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Do not immerse in water
- Warning –the water you make ice must be drinkable.
- Warning –Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure clear of obstruction.
- Warning – do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate to defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Warning – do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Warning – do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
Correct Disposal of this product
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.
FAQs about Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker
How long does it take a countertop Frigidaire ice maker to produce ice?
In approximately ten to fifteen minutes, you can have “excellent chewable square ice.” Smaller than a sugar cube and equally as satisfyingly soft is the Frigidaire nugget ice.
A Frigidaire ice maker produces ice how frequently?
How Much Ice Can a Machine Produce a Day? Every 90 minutes, a really good refrigerator ice maker will generate 8 to 10 cubes. In this scenario, your ice machine ought to run roughly 16 times per day, producing 130 cubes in a 24-hour period.
Can I always leave my Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker on?
If you want ice, you must always keep it plugged in and running. The ice will melt and the water will return to the reservoir if the machine is turned off. This needs to be on constantly, exactly like your refrigerator or freezer.
When the ice is ready, how does the Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker know?
An electrical signal is delivered to a water valve at the start of the cycle to fill the ice mould with water. The water is subsequently frozen by the freezer. When an inbuilt thermostat detects that the cubes have reached 5 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit, a signal is delivered to stop that process.
How can my ice machine be manually reset?
After unplugging the device, wait ten seconds. Press the ON button and re-plug in the device. A blue light that indicates the machine has been reset should display.
What is the cycle time of a Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker?
the equivalent of 90 minutes The Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker runs in cycles to create ice as needed, whereas your refrigerator runs continuously to keep food fresh. 8–10 ice cubes are produced in each cycle, which lasts roughly 90 minutes.
Do Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker turn off on their own?
The majority of Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Makers are built to turn off automatically when the bucket is full and to turn back on when additional ice is required. Make sure the bucket and any shelf components are in the right positions if ice overflows and the appliance does not momentarily shut off.
Can my ice machine be sped up?
Lower the freezer’s temperature to make the ice tray’s water freeze more quickly, which causes the thermostat to warm up and melt the ice, which restarts the cycle. The Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker’s life cycle is complete! Simply lower the freezer’s temperature by 3 to 5 degrees to make your Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker operate more quickly.
What does the Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker flashing light mean?
The rake is most likely jammed because of a stuck ice cube. Unclog the obstruction and restart the icemaker to resolve the problem.
How can I add extra ice to my Frigidaire EFIC452-SS 40 Lbs Clear Ice Maker?
Some models have the Quick Freeze feature; simply press Quick Freeze on your display to momentarily increase the ice output rate. If your refrigerator is not making as much ice as it should, your freezer may be set at a temperature that is too high. Reduce the freezer control’s temperature to produce more ice.
Click to visit more manuals of Frigidaire’s ice makers: