Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker
Frigidaire is an expert in providing high-end, eco-friendly kitchen and laundry appliances. Frigidaire.com has the top home appliances.
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using.
- Remove all packing material and carefully check your ice maker to ensure it is in good condition and that there is no damage to the ice maker or power cord and plug.
- Before using the Ice maker for the first time, please wait 2 hours after positioning it, and keep the transparent lid open for at least 2hours
- Pure water is not allowed to be used on this unit, spring water is recommended.
- Ensure the voltage is compliant with the voltage range stated on the rating label, and ensure the earthing of the socket is in good condition.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not upend this product or incline it over a 45 angle.
- To protect against risk of electric shock, do not pour water on cord, plug and ventilation, immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Unplug the appliance after using or before cleaning.
- Keep the appliance 15cm from other objects to ensure the good heat releasing.
- Do not use the accessories which are not recommended by Manufacturer.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance close by flames, hot plates or stoves.
- Do not switch on the power button frequently (ensure 5min. interval at least) to avoid the damage of compressor.
- Metal sheet or other electric objects are not allowed to be inserted into the appliance to avoid fire and short circuit.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
- Please keep the instruction manual.
- Warning: Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- Farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- Bed and breakfast type environments;
- Catering and similar non-retail applications
- When positioning the appliance, ensure the supply cord is not trapped or damaged.
- Do not locate multiple portable socket-outlets or portable power supplies at the rear of the appliance
- Children aged from 3 to 8 years are not allowed to load and unload refrigerating appliances.
- The refrigerant and insulation blowing gas is flammable, when disposing of the appliance, do so only at an authorized waste disposal centre. Do not expose to flame.
This symbol indicates the refrigerant R600a and the non-metallic materials of the appliance are flammable. It’s a warning symbol. Warning: Risk of fire / flammable materials.
- Model number: EFIC108-B-WHITE
- Daily ice output: 12kg / 24 hours
- Ice storage capacity: 1.5L/600g
- Refrigerant: R600a
- Water tank capacity: 1.5 L
- Power: 120V~/60Hz
- Power consumption: 120 W
- Max overall dimensions(WxDxH): 224X 308X283mm
- Packing dimensions(LxWxH): 348X 262X 324mm
- N.W: 7.75KG
- G.W: 8.6KG
KNOW YOUR ICE MAKER
Visit: Frigidaire EFIC113
- Quick ice making
- Prompt when the ice is full and water is insufficient
- Bullet ice
- 9 pcs ice can be made in eight minutes
- During transportation, do not tilt the machine more than 45 degrees, do not reverse the machine. This may damage the compressor and the sealing system.
- Remove all packing materials, check the machine carefully and make sure that the machine, power cord and plug are normal.
- The machine should be on a level surface. To ensure sufficient ventilation, the distance of the back of ice maker to the wall should be at least 150 mm, it should be away from the oven, radiator or other heat source.
- Before using the machine for the first time, place the machine and leave the transparent cover open for at least two hours.
- Make sure that the home voltage is consistent with the voltage indicated by the machine.
- Distilled water is not allowed. Mineral water is recommended.
CONTROL PANEL OPERATION
- ICE FULL: Ice full alarm
- ADD WATER: Water shortage alarm
- ICE MAKING: Ice making
- Plug in the power, the “ICE MAKING “ indicator flashes, and the machine will start the deicing function. Press the power button, the “ICE MAKING” indicator light is always on and then the ice block will be made automatically. After the ice making is completed, the deicing will be carried out, and then the ice shoveling function will be entered, and so on.
- ADD WATER: water shortage alarm When the “ADD WATER” light turns red, it means that there is water shortage in the water tank. You need to add water and press the power button to restart the machine.
- ICE FULL: Ice full alarm
When the ice reaches the maximum capacity of the ice storage container, the “ICE FULL” light flashes, and the machine stops. At this time, the ice needs to be poured out. When the ice position is lower than the full sensor position, the machine will restart automatically.
- ICE MAKING: Ice making When this light is always on, it means that the ice maker is making ice.
Visit: Frigidaire EFIC450
USE YOUR ICE MAKER
Open the lid and take out the basket and add water to the reservoir.
Note: There is a maximum scale MAX in the reservoir. The water should not exceed the MAX position. If the water exceeds the maximum scale MAX, you need to open the bottom drain plug, release the excess water, and cover with a transparent cover.
Plug in the power and press the power button to start the machine. When the ice basket is full, please take out the ice immediately, do not let the ice overflow the ice basket.
- When the indoor temperature is lower than 15 degrees, please choose small ice. When the indoor temperature is higher than 30 degrees, it is recommended to choose big ice.
- The three cycles used for the first time, the ice produced is small and irregular.
- When the ice basket is full, please take out the ice immediately, do not let the ice overflow the ice basket.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Clean the inner liner, ice collecting tray, water box, ice shovel and evaporator frequently. When cleaning, unplug the unit and remove the ice cubes. Use a diluted solution of water and vinegar to clean the inside and the outside surface of the Ice maker. Do not spray Ice maker with chemicals or diluted agents such as acids, gasoline or oil. Rinse thoroughly before starting.
- Keep ventilation openings in the appliance enclosure, or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction. Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Reuse the machine after being idled for a period of time, it may not have enough water to pump for air retard, in this case, the water shortage indicator “ADD WATER” will light up, repress power button to restart the ice maker is okay.
- To ensure the cleanness of ice, please change water for water reservoir at least once one day. If do not use for a long time, please drain the water out and clean it up.
- If the compressor takes a strike action for shortage water, fully water or interruption of power supply, it will delay for 3mins to start up after restarted.
- Always use fresh water before starting ice production either at initial installation or after a long shut-off period.
- Please note, if a power failure occurs due to disconnection of the power cord, or the power button has been pushed off during an ice making cycle, small ice chips may formed and lodge in the automatic shovel causing it to jam. If this occurs, the ice chips may be removed by disconnecting the power cord and gently pushing the shovel to the rear of the cabinet and removing the ice chips, then restarting.
- Please check if the water reservoir is flat when the ice shovel can not remove the ice to ice basket. If not, please push the ice shovel gently by finger, then press POWER button to restart.
|PROBLEM||POSSIBLE CAUSE||SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS|
|The compressor works abnormally with a Buzzing
The voltage is lower than recommended
|Stop the Ice maker and do not restart until the voltage is normal.|
Water shortage indicator light is on
1.There is no water 2.The pump is full of air
|1.Add to some water until it reaches MAX position 2.Press POWER button to
|Indicator lights on display are not on||Blown fuse/ No power||Replace fuse / Turn power on|
|The Ice made is too large and with pieces sticking together.||Ice of previous cycles left in the water tray||Take out the ice under the standby state|
|The ice making process was correct, but no ice came out?||1. The compressor has no refrigerant
2. Compressor damaged 3.Fan motor damaged
|Call the service hotline|
|All indicators twinkle simultaneously||Water tray is blocked by ice cube||Unplug the power to take out the ice which blocking the tray, then plug the power and press the POWER button, the
machine will restart 3mins later.
|The machine has been working, but the water has been
|Solenoid broke down||Replace the solenoid valve|
|When the ice is full, the machine does not display the ICE FULL
|Ice full sensor damaged||1.Replace the ice full sensor
2.Making ice indoor
3.Call the service hotline
- If the power cord is damaged; it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Fill with potable water only.
- It is normal for the compressor and condenser surface to reach temperatures between 70°C and 90°C during operation and surrounding areas may be very hot.
- Due to fast freezing, ice cubes may appear “Cloudy”. This is air trapped in the water and will not affect quality or taste of ice.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not immerse in water.
Correct Disposal of this product
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.To make a warranty claim, do not return this product to the store. Please email email@example.com or call 1-800-968-9853.
1 Year Warranty
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us. If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace with a similar one of equal or greater value. Prior to a replacement being sent, the product must be rendered inoperable or returned to us.
This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse. This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim. This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as on the specified rating on the label (e.g., 120V~60Hz).
We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by a breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. For faster service, locate the model, type, and serial numbers on your appliance.
FAQs Regarding Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker
How long does it take a portable ice maker from Frigidaire to make ice?
produces 26 pounds of ice in a day. Ice basket weight limit: 2 lbs. Self-cleaning, including a 1-gallon internal water tank.
Do you always keep the portable ice machines on?
If you want ice, you must always keep it plugged in and running. The ice will melt and the water will return to the reservoir if the machine is turned off. This needs to be on constantly, exactly like your refrigerator or freezer.
How frequently should I have my Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker produce ice?
Depending on usage, the Frigidaire ice maker should generate 2 to 3 pounds of ice every 24 hours. There should be roughly 4 pounds of ice in the ice bin. If it doesn’t, the water filter can be clogged or in need of replacement.
What is the cycle time of a Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker?
the equivalent of 90 minutes The ice maker runs in cycles to create ice as needed, whereas your refrigerator runs continuously to keep food fresh. 8–10 ice cubes are produced in each cycle, which lasts roughly 90 minutes.
Will the Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker turn off on its own?
The majority of Frigidaire ice makers are built to turn off automatically when the bucket is full and to turn back on when additional ice is required. Make sure the bucket and any shelf components are in the right positions if ice overflows and the appliance does not momentarily shut off.
What sets off the Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker’s cycle?
The ice-making cycle is normally completed by the appliance using a motor, a water valve, and a heating element. A timer opens the water valve to begin the cycle, which fills the ice mold in about seven seconds.
Resetting my refrigerator’s ice machine will it work?
For five minutes, unplug the refrigerator. The ice system can then be reset as a result. Reconnect the refrigerator’s plug and turn the switch back on after five minutes. The Frigidaire ice maker should begin to function once more as a result.
What’s going on with my Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker, not making ice?
It is advised to replace the water filter first, but if the problem persists, you should look for a saddle valve, a water valve that isn’t fully turned on, or a kinked water supply line. Keep in mind that smaller ice cubes or ice chips sticking in the ice maker may indicate that you need to replace your water filter.
Can you keep using the Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker all night?
In the first 72 hours, make use of the IceMan machine as much as possible. Even while you are asleep, you can still utilize the device. The pain and swelling in the affected area will be reduced as a result. Naturally, you’ll stop for a few seconds to use the restroom or if you get cold.
Why doesn’t my Frigidaire EFIC108-C Compact Ice Maker produce ice?
A clogged water filter may be to blame if your Frigidaire ice maker isn’t creating enough ice or the cubes are too small. Water passes through the filter to remove any pollutants before it is sent to the Frigidaire ice maker or water dispenser. The filter will eventually become full and clogged, reducing the amount of water that can pass through it.
Click to visit more manuals of Frigidaire’s ice makers: