Frigidaire DWM-33 Dishwasher Use And Care
Frigidaire is a brand of home appliances that are owned by the Electrolux Group. It was founded in the United States in 1918 and is now a global brand, offering a wide range of products including refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dishwashers, ranges, cooktops, wall ovens, washers and dryers, and more.
Frigidaire is known for its commitment to quality, innovation, and design, and offers products in a range of styles and price points to meet the needs of different consumers. If you’re in the market for a new appliance, Frigidaire is a reputable brand that offers a wide selection of high-quality products that can help make your home more comfortable and convenient.
Getting to know the Installation of your dishwasher
- Serial and Model Plate (right rear corner on mol;>ile; front toe recess plate on under-counter)
- Hose connector assembly (mobile only)
- Upper rack
- Lower rack
- Silverware basket
- Spots-Away Rinse Injector
- Triple detergent dispensers
- Spray column
- Hot water inlet
- Radiantube heating unit
- Auxiliary spray arm
- Pump, drain, and soft food Pulverizer
- Spray arm
- Overflow protector (built-in model only)
Check the hot water. For best dishwashing results, make sure the water 1s hot enough. Water below 140 For above 160 F can make dishwashing less effective. The water entering the dishwasher should be approximately 150 F. If it isn’t, adjust the water heater
Fill the Spots-Away Rinse Injector.
To reduce water spotting, this injector automatically releases a small amount of rinse additive into the final rinse. Turn the slotted cap to the left and remove it. Pour approximately four ounces of a rinse additive, such as Rinse Add or Jet Dry, into the well. Do not fill above the level of the cap insert. On average, this supply lasts about two months. Check periodically, and refill when necessary.
Attach the adapter to the sink faucet. Replace the faucet aerator, if any, with the fittings shipped in the dishwasher.
- Remove the faucet aerator, if any.
- Place the washer in the adapter.
- If the faucet has external threads, screw the adapter (A) onto the faucet.
- If the faucet has internal threads, join the adapter(A) to the smaller end of the coupler (8). Place the extra washer on top of the large end of the coupler, and screw the fitting into the faucet.
- If the adapters supplied do not fit your faucet, your Frigidaire Dealer 1s ~~le to supply at extra charge other fittings which may connect to your faucet.
Check the wall outlet.
For safety, the dishwashers are equipped with a 3-prong plug which must be plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet.
If the proper wall outlet is not available, do not remove the third prong on the plug. Have a qualified electrician replace the outlet. He is aware of national and local electrical codes and will properly wire the outlet for you
See the specific instructions. For complete details, refer to the Installation Instructions packaged separately. Change the door and lower panels.
The μnder-counter model has two reversible door panels (gold/white, green/copper) and two matching reversible lower panels, which allow you to change the color on the front of the dishwasher. To change the color of the door:
- Remove the four screws from one side of the door trim. Choose the most accessible side, the one that allows sufficient clearance to slide out the panels. Remove the trim and carefully slide both panels out.
- Arrange the panels with the desired color in the front. Position approximately the bottom 2/3 of the bottom edge of the panels in the lower trim. Flex the panels as shown, and guide the top edge into the upper trim
- Slide the front panel completely in place, pressing lightly on the lead mg edge to tuck the panel under the side trim. Carefully slide the rear panel into place. Replace the side trim and secure it with screws.
- To change the color of the lower panel, follow the same procedure.
Customize the dishwasher. The front of the under-counter dishwasher can be customized to match the kitchen decor.
You can replace one set of the standard panels with accessory panels, available at an extra charge.
- Red door and lower panels. Order Kit DPCI-PY.
- Almond door and lower panels. Order DPCI-AD.
- Brushed stainless steel door and lower panels. Order Kit DPCI-CH.
A Designer Door Framing Kit, also available at extra charge, accommodates tile, wood, wallpaper, and most other materials up to¼” thick. Order Kit DW-FK-2. Cut the material of your choice into two panels- 235/s” wide x 17%2″ high for the door; 235/s” wide x 51/e” high for the lower panel.
Operating our Frigidaire Dishwasher
Prepare to wash the dishes
- Load the dishes. Move the door lock to the left, as far as it will go, and open the door. Close the covers of detergent cups ::: 1 and :::2 to keep them dry while you are loading dishes. See page 4 for specific loading instructions.
- Run the food waste disposer. If the dishwasher drains into a sink with a disposer (mobile model) or is plumbed into a disposer (under-counter model), run the disposer to empty it. This will allow the dishwasher water to drain freely.
- Turn on the hot water faucet. We suggest you clear the waterline of cool water. To do so, run the water until it is hot; then turn the faucet off. (This may be done while running the disposer.)
Connect the dishwasher (mobile only)
- Attach the connector to the faucet. Grasp the handle and pull the hose connector assembly from its compartment.
- Press down the white ring; firmly push the connector up against the faucet adapter; then release the ring.
- Be sure the connector is firmly attached.
- When you use the Plate Warmer cycle, you do not have to connect the hose to the faucet. However. place the hose and connector assembly in the sink since this cycle includes a drain.
- Turn the hot water on full. Do not use any cold water.
- Plug in the dishwasher. See the grounding requirements on page 2.
- Pull the cord out far enough to reach the outlet and, if desired. securely clamp the cord in its guide. as shown.
- Plug in the dishwasher.
- While the dishwasher is operating, do not overload the circuit with lamps, and mixers. or other small appliances. An overload condition will blow a fuse or trip a circuit breaker
Start the dishwasher
- Fill out the appropriate detergent dispensers (see chart on page 5). Open the detergent dispenser cup. Slide the cover; do not lift. Fill the dry dispensers with dishwasher detergent, as described below. Close the dispenser cover. Close and lock the door.
- Each dispenser holds approximately three tablespoons of detergent. The amount to use depends upon the local water conditions and the amount of soil on the dishes. For most soil and water conditions, fill the dispensers full. Decrease the amount of softened water. Increase the amount of hard water, or add one to three tablespoons of a non-precipitating water conditioner, such as Calgon or Spring Rain. (If extra detergent or water conditioner for the first wash does not fit in the dispenser, place it on the door below the dispenser.)
- Set Energy Options as desired.
- Turn the Cycle Selector clockwise to the desired cycle and push in.
- Slight pauses during the cycle are part of the normal operation of the dishwasher.
- Vapor: During the cycle, you may see vapor coming out of the vent (located above the control panel on the left hand side). This is normal, resulting from hot wash and rinse water and from water evaporating during the dry.
- To add a dish: Unlock and open the door; add the dish. Close and lock the door; the cycle will continue.
- We suggest you check the Cycle
- Selector before you add a dish. To be assured of a detergent wash, for instance, don’t add a dish if the cycle has progressed beyond the wash.
- To stop the dishwasher temporarily:
- Unlock the door. To finish the cycle, lock the door again. Do not allow water to stand in the dishwasher for an extended period of time, or it will cool down and not wash effectively.
- To change the cycle: Unlock the door.
- Turn the Cycle Selector clockwise to the beginning of the desired cycle, and lock the door. (Fill detergent dispensers
- if required. Push in the knob if it was turned past the Off position.)
- If you do not want to complete the cycle and if water is in the tub, unlock the door and set the knob at the beginning
of the cycle. Lock the door and allow the water to pump out. Then unlock the door and turn the knob to Off.
To use hot water from the faucet (mobile only): Press the Pressure Relief button until you get the amount of hot water you want. See illustration.
Do not obtain water while the dishwashers filling or draining.
Disconnect the dishwasher (mobile only)
When the cycle is completed:
- Unlock the door.
- Unplug the electrical cord. Unclamp the cord and store it in its compartment.
- Turn off the hot water.
- Press the Pressure Relief button to relieve pressure in the faucet. Next press down on the white ring as shown. and remove the connector from the faucet. Drain the water from the hose; store the hose in its compartment.
During the dry, you may turn off the hot water and remove the connector from the faucet. However, leave the hose and connector assembly in the sink since the dry includes a final drain.
Prepare the dishes
- Most normally soiled dishes need not be pre-rinsed.
- Rinse off such foods as coffee grounds, salad greens, and heavy starches (mashed potatoes, macaroni, etc).
- Remove large and hard food scraps, bones, and pits.
- Rinse egg, citrus pulp, mayonnaise, or salad dressing off utensils that will not be washed until later.
- Scrape or soak heavily baked-on food soil
Load the upper rack
- Load tall goblets, and glasses. cups, saucers, mugs, and fruit bowls as shown.
- Glasses can be placed in several areas. In the center of the rack, place glass securely over two pins. Between the cup rack and the raised center section, place the glass so it leans securely against two pins.
- Load mixing bowls. saucepans and serving dishes upside down, tilted toward the center. Always place heavily-soiled items in the lower rack.
- The Small Items basket accessory, available from your
- Frigidaire Dealer at extra charge, neatly holds small ashtrays, corn-on-the-cob holders, measuring spoons, bottle stoppers, etc. The removable divider keeps these items organized, or removes extra room inside. Place the basket in the upper rack.
Load the dishes
Follow these suggestions for the best possible dishwashing results. The pictures below illustrate how to load specific types items in the upper and lower racks.
- Place the soiled side of the dishes toward the spray column in the center of the spray arm at the bottom of the tub.
- Tilt utensils so that water can drain from them.
- Don’t nest plates, bowls, or silverware.
- Place cups and glasses in the upper rack, not in the lower rack.
- For good water distribution and washing action, don’t place large items against the spray column guard in the lower rack.
Load the lower rack
- Place large platters and serving pieces in the lower rack as shown.
- Place heavily soiled pans and casserole dishes toward the spray arm below the rack for strong washing action; slant them for proper drainage.
- Silverware can be loaded into the basket with handles up or handles down. However, we suggest loading handles especially cooking tools, and kitchen knives. forks and other sharp items to protect your hands and arms against accidental cuts. Also, this arrangement permits you to remove clean silverware by their handles instead of by their eating surfaces.
- Be sure that no items drop through the basket. Place items over 12″ long in the lower level of the upper rack.
Selecting a Cycle to handle the load
Select a cycle
If you select No Heated Dry, the heating unit does not come on during the dry portion of the cycle (final 20 minutes, approximately). However. the Cycle Selector continues to advance to Off. You may advance the knob to Off.
- To conserve energy, select No Heated Dry. After the rinse portion of the cycle, the heating unit will not come on to dry the dishes.
- For lightly soiled dishes, use the Quick Wash cycle instead of the Normal Soil. You will conserve approximately six gallons of hot water; the dishwasher will consume less electricity for a shorter cycle.
- Load the dishwasher to capacity before starting the cycle. This eliminates the necessity of running extra loads.
- No need to pre-rinse most normally soiled dishes. Load them directly from the table to conserve hot water
Your Frigidaire Dishwasher is protected bt this warranty
FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Frigidaire (Frigidaire Division, General Motors Corporation)” warrants that Frigidaire will repair, without charge, any defect or malfunction occurring in this Dishwasher during the first year after the date of delivery to the original consumer.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY:
- To conditions resulting from (A) improper installation, or (B) incorrect electric current.
- To conditions resulting from consumer damage, such as: (A) improper maintenance, or (B) misuse, abuse, accident, or alteration.
- If the original serial number cannot be readily determined.
- To service calls not involving defects in materials or workmanship, and naturally, the consumer shall pay for such calls.
- To Dishwashers installed outside the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska.
- If used in any commercial application.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This is the only written warranty applicable to Frigidaire Dishwashers and Frigidaire neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with such
Dishwashers. FRIGIDAIRE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR COMMERCIAL CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
FOR SERVICE UNDER THIS WARRANTY contact any authorized Frigidaire servicing dealer in your local telephone directory, or if there is a question as to where to obtain warranty service, write our Customer Relations Department at this address.
FRIGIDAIRE DIVISION GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION DAYTON, OHIO 45442
For Frigidaire Products sold:
- A. In United States territories. substitute General Motors Overseas Distribution Corporation, 767 5th Avonua. New York. New York 10022 and In Item S substitute U.S. Territories for continental United States, Hawa11, and Alaska.
- B. In Canada, substitute Frigidaire Division. General Motors enter America Corporation, 300 Taylor Street, Daylon, Substitute Canada for continental United Slates, Hawa11 and Alaska
EC 95056 Frigidaire reserves the right to change specifications or discontinue models, without notice. In U.S.A.
FAQs About Frigidaire DWM-33 Dishwasher
What should I do the first time I use my Frigidaire dishwasher?
How can I get my dishwasher going
Put detergent in.
Mix in Rinse Aid (recommended).
Choose the desired cycle (your owner’s manual cycle chart).
Choose the desired OPTION.
For best performance, turn on the nearest hot water faucet (see “Water Temperature” in your owner’s manual).
How many cycles does a Frigidaire dishwasher have?
Three additional cycles—China Crystal, Energy Saver, and Rinse Only—are available in addition to the standard Light, Normal, and Heavy cycles.
How can I clean the dishwasher drain on my Frigidaire?
Here’s how to clean the drain filter on a Frigidaire dishwasher:
Take off the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
While turning the filter handle in an anticlockwise direction, apply pressure to the wash arm.
To remove it together with the filter, lift the spray arm.
Disconnect the wash arm from the filter, then rinse the filter to get rid of any debris.
How exactly do you operate a dishwasher?
Utilizing a dishwasher
Fill the dishwasher’s top and bottom racks.
Fill the dishwasher with dish soap.
Choose a washing cycle.
Fire up the dishwasher.
Can I run the dishwasher on empty?
Annually. While empty, run the dishwasher on the hottest cycle. Or, even better, clean it with a commercial cleaner or a basin of vinegar. This helps remove bad odours and flush grease, limescale, and deposits from the pipes.
What should you do initially while using a new dishwasher?
Pro Like: Tips For Your Dishwasher’s First 100 Days
Measure the water’s hardness as the first step.
Adjust the water softening system in step two.
Step 3 is to replenish the salt.
Add rinse aid in step four.
Add detergent in step five.
Run one hot cycle in step six.
How long ought a cycle on a Frigidaire dishwasher to last?
Several variables, such as the chosen cycle, can affect how long the wash cycle lasts. The Normal Cycle usually lasts 60 to 80 minutes.
How long does a typical dishwasher cycle last?
Depending on the cycle you select, the typical dishwashing cycle time ranges from 1.5 to 4 hours. Depending on sensor readings, how filthy your dishes are, or how long it takes to heat the water in between cycle phases, the typical dishwasher run duration may differ.
Can liquid soap be used in a Frigidaire dishwasher?
Ordinary dish liquid can be used to fill the soap dispenser in your dishwasher, but doing so will cause the suds to overflow into the appliance and over the floor. Use only detergents designed specifically for dishwashing in these appliances. During the cycle, these don’t produce any suds.
Are dishwashers a significant energy consumer?
Dishwashers are a contemporary convenience that are now expected. Depending on usage and size, they use an average of more than 1,000 watts of electricity every hour. They use energy not only when they are operating, but also substantially more when they are not.
On a Frigidaire DWM-33 dishwasher, how long does a rapid wash take?
34 seconds 2. NORMAL WASH* for loads that are weakly to heavily dirty 3. QUICK WASH (34 minutes) is only for loads that are minimally dirty.
Is it okay to put baking soda in the dishwasher?
Food waste residue can be effectively removed using baking soda, a mild and safe alkali chemical. When cleaning the bottom of your dishwasher, add 1 cup of baking soda and run a hot water cycle. If the stains or odors are particularly difficult to remove, repeat this procedure.
For more manuals by Frigidaire, visit ManualsDock