EverStart ATS-274 4-Slice Toaster
EverStart batteries are made by Johnson Controls. These have good quality, durability, and require little upkeep. AGM and lead acid batteries are both available in the EverStart series. EverStart Plus and EverStart Maxx are the two most popular AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery models.
Basic safety precautions should always be followed when using electrical appliances, including the following:
- Important: Read all instructions carefully before first use.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or the appliance itself in water or other liquid.
- Never leave appliance unattended when in use.
- This appliance is not intended to be used by children. Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is in use near children.
- Do not operate or place the slice Everstart ATS 274 toaster on non-heat-resistant or flammable surface.
- Do not place or operate Everstart slice toaster on hot burner, stove, flame or in a heated oven.
- Do not operate this appliance when the power cord or the plug is damaged, or if it malfunctions, is dropped or has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to an authorized service station for examination, repair or electrical/mechanical adjustment.
- Do not use attachments or accessories other than those supplied or recom-mended by the manufacturer. Incompatible parts create a hazard.
- Do not toast food that will drip fillings or coatings when heated. Clean out accumulated crumbs frequently. Such accumulation inside the Everstart slice toaster is unsanitary and increases the risk of fire or toaster malfunction.
- Do not operate the Everstart slice toaster without both crumb trays securely in position.
- Do not insert fingers, metal and non-metal utensils, foil-covered and over sized foods, etc in slice toaster when plugged in as it increases the risk of electric shock.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not place any of the following or similar materials in or on the oven: paper, plastic, etc. A risk of fire is present if the appliance is covered or touching flam-mable material such as curtains, walls, etc. Never store any items on top of the appliance.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the unit to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not attempt to dislodge food when slice toaster is plugged in.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
SHORT CORD INSTRUCTIONS
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Longer extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If a longer extension cord is used:
- a. The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- b. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or tabletop where it can be pulled by children or tripped over unintentionally.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other); follow the instructions below:
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized out-let only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
This appliance is for household use only.
Grounding Instructions (For Canadian Users)
This appliance must be grounded while in use to protect the operator from electrical shock. The appliance is equipped with a 3-conductor cord and a 3-prong ground-ing-type plug to fit the proper grounding-type receptacle. The appliance has a plug that looks like sketch A. An adapter, sketch B, should be used for connecting sketch-A plug plugs to two-plugs to two-prong receptacles. The grounding tab, which extends from the adapter, must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box as shown in sketch C using a metal screw.
- Toast slots
- Control panel
- Crumb tray
- Toasting lever
- Cancel button
- Bagel toasting button
- Defrost button
- 2 or 4 slice function button
- Darkness selector knob
HOW TO USE
Before First Use:
- Read all the instructions and important safeguards.
- Remove all packaging materials; make sure items are received in good condition.
- Remove any stickers from surface of the slice toaster and wipe clean with a damp dishcloth.
- Place Everstart ATS 274 toaster on a flat, heat-resistant and non-flammable surface.
- Run one cycle before first use, to burn off any residue.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
- Do not immerse the appliance, cord and plug in water at any time.
- CANCEL: Press cancel anytime during the toasting process to end the cycle. The bread will pop up from the slice toaster.
- BAGEL: Use this function for toasting bagels or thick breads.
- DEFROST: For frozen bread, press the defrost button. This extends the toasting time to ensure desired toasting effect.
- 2 or 4 SLICE FUNCTION: Push in when toasting 4 slices, and leave out when toasting 2 slices.
Darkness Selector Knob:
You may adjust the darkness of toast from 1 to 6, 1 being the lightest and 6 the dark-est. Results may vary depending on the thickness of the bread and its moisture con-tent. It is recommended that you select 3 or 4 (the middle range) in the beginning and then adjust accordingly.
To Toast Bread:
- Select the desired setting or function.
- Place bread into toasting slots and press lever down.
- When toasting a single slice, the bread can be placed in any one of the slots. If toasting one or two slices, leave the 2,4 slice function button out. If toasting three or four slices, press 2,4 function button in on the control panel.
- Toast will automatically pop up when the selected darkness is reached.
- Do not leave the Everstart ATS 274 toaster unattended while in use.
- Do not block the top of Everstart ATS 274 toaster while in use.
- Do not toast any type of buttered bread. Melted butter may cause fire and/or toaster malfunction.
- Never use metal or non-metal or sharp-edged utensil to remove toast.
HOW TO CLEAN
Always unplug Everstart ATS 274 toaster and allow to cool completely before cleaning.
To Clean Body of Toaster:
Wipe the body of Everstart ATS 274 toaster clean with soft, damp cloth.
To Clean Crumb Trays:
There are two crumb trays located at the back of the Everstart ATS 274 toaster. It is recommended that the crumb trays be cleaned out at least every 3-5 uses.
- Gently slide the trays out from the back of the Everstart ATS 274 toaster.
- Dump the crumbs in the trash can.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the crumb trays clean.
- Always dry the crumb trays completely before replacing them.
- Push firmly to close the trays and make sure they are securely in position before using the Everstart ATS 274 toaster.
- Do not immerse the toaster in water or any liquid.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads for cleaning.
- Never use wet or damp accessories.
- Do not clean the heating elements.
- Never place toaster in dishwasher.
- Clean the crumb tray often to reduce the risk of fire caused by built up crumbs.
Aroma Housewares Company warrants this product free from defects in material and workmanship for one year from provable date of purchase in the continental United States. Within this warranty period, Aroma Housewares Company will repair or replace, at its option, defective parts at no charge, provided the product is returned, freight pre-paid with proof of purchase and U.S. $6.00 for shipping and handling charges payable to Aroma Housewares Company. Before returning an item, please call the toll free number below for return authorization number. Allow 2-4 weeks for return shipping.
This warranty does not cover improper installation, misuse, abuse or neglect on the part of the owner. Warranty is also invalid in any case that the product is taken apart or serviced by an unauthorized service station.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and which may vary from state to state and does not cover areas outside the United States.
AROMA HOUSEWARES COMPANY
6469 Flanders Drive
San Diego, California 92121
M-F, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Pacific Time
Click to visit more manuals by Everstart:
- EverStart maxx SL5W09E Lumens Flashlight/Spotlight
- EverStart MAXX PPS1CWE 1000 Amp Jump Starter
- EverStart SL3HE Rechargeable Lithium-Ion LED Spotlight
- EverStart maxx EL224 600 Amp Lithium-ion Jump Starter
FAQ’s About EverStart ATS-274 4-Slice Toaster Instruction
What names do the components of a toaster go by?
A bread rack, heat sensor, trip plate, level, timing mechanism, electromagnet, catch, and browning control are just a few of the many sophisticated pieces that make up toaster ovens and toasters.
Why is there a one-slice side on a toaster?
Why does the toaster have a side for just one slice? The temperature gauge, which indicates when the toast is done, is located on one side of a toaster with a standard design. This gauge functions best if it is closest to the bread while only one slice is toasted.
Any toasters that toast uniformly?
both slots The Cuisinart toasters are among the smallest we tested, making them perfect for households with little counter space. In all the versions of both Cuisinarts we’ve tested throughout the years, even when we produced back-to-back batches, they consistently toasted bread uniformly from top to bottom and slot to slot.
Is purchasing a four-slice toaster worthwhile?
For big families or frequent toasters, a four-slice toaster is preferable. Since they are heavier and can typically toast two slices independently if you don’t need all four slots, they are more stable than two-slice toasters.
What function does a toaster serve?
A toaster’s main function is to facilitate the preparation of food. Specifically, if the user desires warming waffles, toasted bread or bagels, etc. These features are offered by the toaster.
What purposes serve the toaster?
An gadget in the kitchen called a toaster is used to toast things like bagels, crumpets, and sliced bread. Toast refers to toasted bread. Typical toasters heat bread by radiating heat from hot electric components.
How does a toaster determine when to stop?
The bread becomes toast when it is exposed to the heating element for the proper length of time, turning a light brown colour. The toast will become black and start to smoke if heated for an excessive amount of time. In order to avoid this, most toasters are designed to shut off on their own.
How come my toast is always soggy?
Use a toast rack rather than a plate when you’re ready to serve your toast. Toast will “sweat,” producing moisture that will soften the bread on the side that comes in contact with the plate. Another choice is to just reheat it in the toaster before serving; this should make it crisp again.
What do the dots on a toaster represent?
How long the bread will be toasted is controlled by the toaster’s numbers. Your toast emerges from the toaster’s top once the timer rings out.
Why do toasters cost so much?
“The finish, brand, and features make the biggest differences. Buying a more expensive model will bring you a stainless steel or fancy finish with some bells and whistles, whereas cheaper toasters sometimes have a plastic exterior.”
How is a toaster cleaned?
A crumb tray is typically seen on the bottom of toasters. Remove it, then throw the crumbs in the garbage. Any lingering crumbs on the tray should be cleaned up with a damp paper towel or cloth. The tray can also be washed in warm, soapy water, but before reusing it in the toaster, make sure it is totally dry.
Are toasters under $20 good?
Cost. You often get what you pay for when it comes to kitchen appliances, and while some less expensive models work just fine, if you use your toaster every day, it’s worth spending the extra money on a durable model that can withstand frequent use and being put in and taken out of the cupboard without breaking.
Do toasters deteriorate with use?
But as the toasters get older, accumulation makes them more likely to break. And when someone inserts something into the slots to collect toast, they are easily damaged.
For More Manuals Visit: ManualsDock