ETA 0775 Digital Scale
Entrepreneur Jan Provic established ESA, an electrical joint-stock company, on September 3, 1943, laying the groundwork for the manufacture of home electrical appliances in the Czech Republic’s small town of Hlinsko, where he had previously begun producing electric irons. The Company was nationalized and incorporated into the Elektro-Praga company, changing its name to Elektro-Praga until 1955.
The Company was a state-owned enterprise called Elektro-Praga Hlinsko from 1950 to 1965. ETA continues to provide the vintage line ETA Storio, which was featured in a well-liked reality program. In Czech homes, the Storio collection is becoming more and more popular. A table blender, a pump JS machine, and smaller fridge types are also new additions to the inventory. Red, beige, and black color schemes are timeless classics.
- Before the first use, read the instructions for use carefully, look at the picture, and store the instructions for use in the future. Consider the instructions for use as a part of the appliance and pass them on to any other user of the appliance.
- The appliance is intended for use in households only and for similar use! It is not intended for use in healthcare facilities and for commercial use!
- The appliance can be used by people (including children) whose physical, sensual, or mental inability or lack of experience and knowledge prevents the safe use of the appliance if they are supervised.
- Do not step onto the scales with wet feet or on the wet surface of the scales, there is a risk of slipping.
- Never immerse the scales in water (even their parts)!
- If the scales were stored at lower temperatures, let them adjust to the room temperature.
- Use the scales in a horizontal position only and at places where they cannot knock over, in sufficient distance from heat sources (e.g. stove, fireplace, heat radiators), sources of increased air humidity (e.g. sauna, bathroom, swimming pool), and equipment with strong electromagnetic field (e.g. microwave oven, radio, mobile phone).
- Protect the personal scales from dust, chemicals, excessive humidity, toiletries, liquid cosmetic preparations, and intensive temperature changes, and do not expose them to direct sunlight.
- Do not overload the appliance! (max 150 kg)
- Do not place the scales on uneven surfaces or surfaces covered with carpet. An unstable or soft surface under the scales can hurt the precision of weighing.
- In handling the scales, make sure injury of persons or damage to the appliance is prevented.
- Handle the scales with care. Do not throw them or jump on them. The scales are durable, but improper handling can destroy their electronic sensors.
- Do not disassemble the scales and do not take any parts out.
- Do not put any objects on the surface of the scales during storage, they could be damaged.
- If you do not intend to use the scales for a long time, remove the battery from them.
- If the battery is leaking, remove it immediately; it can damage the scales.
- Suitably dispose of a discharged battery (see par. VII. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION).
- Never use the appliance for any other purpose than for that described in these instructions for use!
- The producer is not responsible for damage caused by improper use of the appliance (e.g. breaking the glass board, etc.) and its guarantee does not cover the appliance in the case of failure to comply with the safety warnings above.
PREPARATION FOR USE
Remove all the packing material and take the scales out. Remove all possible adhesion foils, stick-on labels, or paper from the scales. Open the battery cover on the bottom of the scales, insert the battery with the correct polarity (+ pole upwards), and close the cover in the opposite direction. Then put the scales of firm and flat surface (see par. I SAFETY WARNINGS).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Your scales are fine electronic equipment. One of the things that are most difficult to weigh is the human body as it is always in motion. If you want to obtain reliable results, always try to step with your feet at the same place on the scales and stand still. If possible, weigh yourself at the same time of the day (preferably in the morning) to obtain comparable results. Remember that excessive clothes can increase your weight as well as eating and drinking before weighing. Short-term weight fluctuation is generally attributed to the loss of liquids
Turn on the scale by tapping your foot on the glass plate of the scale and wait until the display shows 0.0. kg. Step on the scale and stand still. The weighed reading will flash and it will stay on the display for approximately. 6 seconds. Then the scale will turn off automatically.
- Do not step on the scale until the display shows 0.0 kg.
- The scale turns off automatically if you do not step on it within 6 seconds from the display of 0.0 kg.
TROUBLESHOOTING OF POSSIBLE PROBLEMS
If you have problems with weight:
- Check whether the battery is inserted properly.
- Check whether the scales are on a flat floor and they do not touch the wall.
- If nothing appears on the scales when you want to switch them on by tapping on them or if „Lo“ appears only, replace the battery.
- If „Err“ appears on the display, the scales are overloaded.
- If unusual signs are displayed, remove the insert of the battery again.
After using the scales, put them into the horizontal position (not vertically), out of reach of children and incapacitated people (see par. I. SAFETY WARNINGS).
Do not use coarse and aggressive cleaning agents (e.g. sharp objects, scrapers, diluting agents, or other solvents). To clean the scales board, use the cleaning agents mentioned in the instructions for use that are intended for glass surfaces, and clean the board by wiping with a soft wet cloth. Make sure that water does not get inside the appliance.
If the dimensions allow, there are labels of materials used for the production of packing, components, and accessories as well as their recycling on all parts. The symbols specified on the product or in the accompanying documentation mean that the used electrical or electronic products must not be disposed of together with municipal waste. For proper disposal, hand them over at special collection places where they will be accepted free of charge. Suitable disposal of the product can help to maintain valuable natural resources and prevent possible negative impacts on the environment and human health, which could be the possible consequences of improper waste disposal. Ask for more details at the local authorities or a collection site. Fines can be imposed for improper disposal of this type of waste in agreement with the national regulations.
Remove a discharged battery and dispose of it suitably and safely through the special collection networks. Never dispose of the battery by burning it!
More extensive maintenance or maintenance requiring intervention in the inner parts of the appliance must be carried out by a professional service! Failure to comply with the instructions of the manufacturer will lead to the expiration of the right to guarantee repair!
- Weighing range min/max (kg): 2 / 150
- Discrimination (kg): 0.1
- Operation conditions (°C): +10 up to +40
The product has received ES declaration of conformity according to the Act as amended. The product matches the requirements of the below statutory order as amended.
- Committee Regulation No. 2004/108/ES as amended, setting the technical requirements of products in terms of their electromagnetic compatibility.
The manufacturer reserves the right to make insignificant changes to the standard design that do not affect its function.
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS. TO AVOID THE DANGER OF SUFFOCATION, KEEP THIS PLASTIC BAG AWAY FROM BABIES AND CHILDREN. DO NOT USE THIS BAG IN CRIBS, BEDS, CARRIAGES OR PLAYPENS. THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
NOTE: Do not step onto the scales with wet feet or on the wet surface of the scales, there is a risk of slipping.
FAQS About ETA 0775 Digital Scale
How long is the life of a digital scale?
five to ten years
How widely can digital scales fluctuate?
Scale tolerances are +/- 0.66 lbs up to 110 pounds, +/- 0.88 lbs between 220 lbs and 330 lbs, and +/- 1.1 lbs between 220 lbs and 330 lbs.
Can you change a digital scale?
You can start the calibration procedure by pressing the calibration button on some digital scales.
Can digital scales be affected by temperature?
One factor that can alter a load cell enough to provide false readings is temperature.
Could a digital scale be inaccurate?
The digital scale will also provide erroneous readings if it is not leveled on the floor, table, or counter.
What kind of scales are the most precise?
Scales for analyzers
How can I improve the accuracy of my digital scale?
After shifting the scale, calibrate it.
Scales affected by low battery?
When taking measurements on digital scales, low battery power and bad battery connections are the main causes of scale malfunction and erroneous readings.
Digital scales measure in what ways?
Technology using strain gauges
Why are digital scales preferable?
Digital scales are incredibly accurate and can measure even the smallest items.
For more manuals by ETA, Visit Manualsdock